Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,319 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems (32863 Views)

The Solution For Nigeria's Economic Problems Found / Only PDP Can Solve Nigeria’s Economic Problems- Gov. Emmanuel / Buhari Managed Economic Problems Well - Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by ajepako(f): 4:55pm On May 18, 2015
How nice and touche for Tinubu to proffer solution to the problem he single-handedly caused with his thievery, familiocracy and kleptomania..

Nigeria is really going places...

APC...miss road

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by buzquet(m): 4:55pm On May 18, 2015
Yes!!!!!!! Maybe until he owns nigeria it self
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by Ikengawo: 4:57pm On May 18, 2015
braine:
I believe you, sir. As you did it for Lagos, you can also do it for Nigeria.

god forbid

[img]http://2.bp..com/-0GOa-Kf96gU/UYDFMWNdJ7I/AAAAAAAAADQ/6vRk0uPqE30/s1600/ajegunle_naijadesk.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by PassingShot(m): 4:57pm On May 18, 2015
This is one of the many ways in which Tinubu is different from so many other politicians.

Tinubu is qualified to be a seasoned economist with how he profers solutions to our cash crunch situation.

As with the Euro zone the past five years since the global financial crisis, austerity has not solved the dire economic weakness of the nations that employed this sickening remedy. All austerity has done is tighten the grip of the wealthy on the economy while weakening the position of the middle class and the poor.

This submission cannot be faulted by even the celebrated economists of this world.

The better methodology is to ascertain, then achieve, the level of naira expenditure needed to expand the economy and create jobs without causing inflation to rise to dangerous levels. This is how broadly-shared prosperity is generated in a sustainable manner.

When I got to this point, my fear was the high inflation such approach may result in thereby making the Naira worthless not until I read this:

Inflation is the major risk of running budget deficits to spur growth. We can contain inflation to acceptable levels by ensuring additional government expenditures are for items that can be supplied domestically, particularly labour. Naira paid to poor and working class people mostly circulates in the domestic economy, spurring additional local commerce and production.

Tinubu surely knows his onions.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by NewNigeriaMind: 4:58pm On May 18, 2015
I just love the comments above mine,

Keep it coming guys,

I like a good intellectual discuss,

I don't expect the Tanoids on this thread, its too much of an intellectual exercise for them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by braine(m): 4:58pm On May 18, 2015
Ikengawo:

god forbid

whats with the pictures?? Those people like they way they are. they dont want change.
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by Ikengawo: 5:00pm On May 18, 2015
braine:

whats with the pictures?? Those people like they way they are. they dont want change.

you say this from the comfort of your laptop, my brother don't be wicked
[img]http://api.ning.com/files/16wPOLqtG9nJL3xSeBoUeE11hq9bW8n6dKUrT24aaR1q8ua*wVpn7xzw9yxXaYLBYbylb6ONF1aG9VrMqgSAsD4mYsNaMF1Y/GovFasholainspectfloodedareainAjegunleIkorodu16.jpg[/img]
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by BRAINTORMS(m): 5:00pm On May 18, 2015
Richard Nixon , not Lincoln
Ttalk:

[b]In 1971 during economic recession in the United State of America, Lincoln [/b]the president jettisoned the dollar backed by gold policy, institutes social programmes that is aimed at the poor and create a tax leverage for domestic companies while bridging the gap between the rich and the poor through introduction on taxes on the rich.

Since then the dollar has taken the place of gold while emerging economies became slaves to the dollar. What is then is the fear nairanisation of our economy? It is simply the fear of unknown.

Suffice then to say that this approach is welcome only if the government will depart from the present way of spending in order to reduce inflation that will arise as a result of increase naira, but if the money is targeted toward the poor and middle class, this will increase economic activities and rejuvenate our economy from depression.
To me inflation can be better managed than depression
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by Orikinla(m): 5:03pm On May 18, 2015
Ttalk:

In 1971 during economic recession in the United State of America, Lincoln the president jettisoned the dollar backed by gold policy, institutes social programmes that is aimed at the poor and create a tax leverage for domestic companies while bridging the gap between the rich and the poor through introduction on taxes on the rich.

Since then the dollar has taken the place of gold while emerging economies became slaves to the dollar. What is then is the fear nairanisation of our economy? It is simply the fear of unknown.

Suffice then to say that this approach is welcome only if the government will depart from the present way of spending in order to reduce inflation that will arise as a result of increase naira, but if the money is targeted toward the poor and middle class, this will increase economic activities and rejuvenate our economy from depression.
[size=48pt]
Lincoln in 1971?[/size] grin
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by Pangea: 5:03pm On May 18, 2015
Good times coming ahead
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by chieyine(m): 5:03pm On May 18, 2015
One of the most sensible suggestion ever given by the so~called Jagaban. I will ignore the messenger and focus on the message

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by redcliff: 5:04pm On May 18, 2015
Chiaka:
While Tinubu is trying to think..............Ameachi is busy cooking problem- with no productive change advice grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lmao. You are sick
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by mikolo80: 5:06pm On May 18, 2015
ydass:

Tinubu has learned from the best. Even the US prints money. That is the secrete they have kept from many of you and they keep telling you go to school earn good grade and get good job.
Of course I know that usa prints money what about Zimbabwe. You will you collect printed money wen no get value. Usa can print money cos they are the worlds de facto currency. But maga s don de wise up and the dollar is depreciating faster than jack and Jill. Just wait till when they default ontheir world bank payments and everybody stops accepting dollars 2008 raised to power 1920s depression will be childr play compared to what will befall usa.ask Zimbabwe
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by braine(m): 5:07pm On May 18, 2015
Ikengawo:

you say this from the comfort of your laptop, my brother don't be wicked
[img]http://api.ning.com/files/16wPOLqtG9nJL3xSeBoUeE11hq9bW8n6dKUrT24aaR1q8ua*wVpn7xzw9yxXaYLBYbylb6ONF1aG9VrMqgSAsD4mYsNaMF1Y/GovFasholainspectfloodedareainAjegunleIkorodu16.jpg[/img]

They refused efforts by the government for relocation!! So what do you expect?
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by mikolo80: 5:07pm On May 18, 2015
Sweetguy25:

It can be sustainable if it is managed properly.
That's my point. Even usa is abusing that power imagine what our profligate leaders will do
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by Ayjos10(m): 5:08pm On May 18, 2015
space booked
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by Ayjos10(m): 5:10pm On May 18, 2015
space booked.....

I'll be bak

mayb bfor Jesus comes

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by mentorandfriend(m): 5:13pm On May 18, 2015
Much respect to Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Jagaban himself.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by funkybully(f): 5:15pm On May 18, 2015
Waste of mb reading political jargon.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by onlyson16(m): 5:17pm On May 18, 2015
Sweetguy25:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/slump-in-oil-prices-a-progressive-way-out/193976/

CC: lalasticlala
what is this?oh boy u fit copy not for secondary school ooh,but mind ur self no tryiam again

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:18pm On May 18, 2015
Mogidi:
How come this guru of economics refused to share his expertise with APC governors?
Some haven't paid salaries for 7 months.

What a dumb post.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by Forwetinnah: 5:18pm On May 18, 2015
The only way out of the economic problem in Nigeria is by stopping the reliance on Crude oil!! Finish!! Every region should branch off into harnessing the natural resources they have. The West have so corrupted our leaders that they can't think about anything else but their cursed Dollars and illegal bunkering
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 18, 2015
Mention one solution tinubu has brought to lagos as a godfather other than hijacking contracts from fashola,erecting toll gates and planting flowers that are not beneficial to lagosians

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by PBundles(m): 5:22pm On May 18, 2015
Ttalk:

In 1971 during economic recession in the United State of America, Lincoln the president jettisoned the dollar backed by gold policy, institutes social programmes that is aimed at the poor and create a tax leverage for domestic companies while bridging the gap between the rich and the poor through introduction on taxes on the rich.

Orikinla:

[size=48pt]
Lincoln in 1971?[/size] grin

Yes didnt you know Abe Lincoln rose from the dead. He was pretending to be Richard Nixon wink grin wink grin
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by xandy84: 5:27pm On May 18, 2015
It sounds like a good idea on paper but believe me, printing more money increases the flow of money in circulation without adequate increase in production of of goods and services hereby causing hype inflation. Greece would have love to print money to bail out the economy than asking for European union bailout.
Printing more money will crash the value of naira and even make the economy worse off.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by hamilton62(m): 5:28pm On May 18, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Printing money to spur productivity is not a bad idea. As long as money is used to facilitate the production of goods and services, it will boost the economy enormously.
what will be the productivity if the property of money (scarcity ) is reduced without additional increase in naira value i.e more money chasing fewer goods....
naira will worth less than Zimbabwe dollar... that is a bad news.
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by felixuzuh(m): 5:33pm On May 18, 2015
Tinubu is not being truthful to himself. The truth remains that the only way through which nigeria can come out of her economic woes, is by reducing the salaries of political office holder. Increasing the taxes payed by the rich and wealthy in our country, and also fix the electricity problem we currently experience in nigeria. Believe you me, once uninterrupted power supply is provided for the common man. Nigeria's economy shall automatically be revived and joblessness shall be reduced to the biarest minimum. Tinubu is just beating round the bush, because he knows he's one of those nigerian elite, holding the waelth that is supossed to circulate among the masses.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 18, 2015
We've heard of Abenomics in Japan; Now Tinubunomics. I go with Nigeria's version of Quantitative Easing. USA did, it worked; Japan and The Eurozone are currently doing it. That is the trend; let us QE joor.

Let Naira flow like Soludo did. Print the money jare.
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by PBundles(m): 5:34pm On May 18, 2015
On a serious note, printing money for a country like Nigeria would be a terrible idea, because it has no merit and will only lead to further devaluing of the Naira and cause exponential corruption. we can barely manage our government, how much more when we throw open the printing press. Can you imagine the airplane loads of fake Naira that would be coming in from all corners.

It surprises me ( though when I think about it not really, they all need to chop abi) when so-called leaders have no idea what they are talking about and have a lack of ideas. Let me IMHO give the top three things that need to be done:

Stimulate the small and middle businesses by granting well manged loans to ensure the business ideas are fostered. This will lead to an strong internal market, which Nigeria lacks whereas we have a large population. This in turn will spin off jobs etc.

Fiscal and corruption management. Nigerian dont pay tax period,but we complain about the government not doing anything. On one hand I understand since if you see the stealing that goes on and salaries are not paid whereas most high ranking officers are looking plumpy, then its hard to reconcile the two.

Last but not least. Cut down the Government expense by at leats 70-80%. You may think its high, but this is possible. when you see that some offices and departments have been created simply to employ friends and acquaintances, while they serve no useful meaning to the masses, why keep them open. Also reduce the salaries and allowances of the elected officers by 60-70%. The amounts are ridicoulous. Why would a House or Rep or Senator make more than Obama ( Nigeria, we hail thee).

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by Meiji(m): 5:34pm On May 18, 2015
...and a thread for debate on the economy is, quite predictably, as dry and barren as Nairaland's science and technology section.

I guess most people have nothing to contribute because threads like this actually require them to use their brains.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by medar(m): 5:36pm On May 18, 2015
It's a brilliant economic idea. I think other economists could develop on it. I concur his submission on the economy of Europe. I lived 4 years in Greece during the austerity reign. The austerity is useless. Just like he rightly wrote it is a measure for the rich to keep their wealth and the poor to suffer all the pain. The system didn't work in Spain too neither did it work in Italy. Just like tinubu proposes, some economists proposed same for Greece to stop using to drive the economy and go back to drack marks which was their currency before joining the eurozone.
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by cocoduck: 5:37pm On May 18, 2015
useless man
I read everything but found no solution to the economic problems of the Zoo
the solution is this Nigerians should quit running away from their demons and run to them instead and thereby conquere them. He said nothing about True federalism which is the only solution to the problems, He used to make a lot of noise about SNC but now is the time to organize the one he thinks is the best and implement the resolutions reached.
it is very simple, precise and clear even to the common man
anyway common sense is the only thing that is not common in the Zoo

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Obasanjo, Atiku, Amaechi Left PDP – Metuh / Choice Of EFCC Chairman Divides Aso Rock / Fayemi Meets Widow Of Olasunkanmi Olawunmi Killed In Abuja Crash (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.