Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems (32894 Views)

The Solution For Nigeria's Economic Problems Found / Only PDP Can Solve Nigeria’s Economic Problems- Gov. Emmanuel / Buhari Managed Economic Problems Well - Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by OwoLee(m): 11:45am On May 19, 2015
otunsman:
Mention one solution tinubu has brought to lagos as a godfather other than hijacking contracts from fashola,erecting toll gates and planting flowers that are not beneficial to lagosians

Mr. Otunsman, asiwaju has laid a lot of milestones achievement which the current government enjoys the accolades, if you have been a staunch follower of the progressive, u will know this, first, the BRT system we using today in Lagos was a laid down plan by tinubu, he designed the platform, fashola continued, then again, the IPP systems (Integrated power plant) been built across the state today by fashola is as a result of tinubu's idea, if you remember vividly, Obj didn't support the idea and never allowed him to build it, now the Incoming FG GOVT. Wants to borrow that idea in tackling the issue of electricity. Now have u forgotten that it was during tinubu's reign, obj witheld the states fund, yet he never owed any civil servants of the state for that 2yrs? How was he able to do it if not for been a genius and remember Lagos wasn't generating money this high as now, we talking about 2billion monthly revenue generation...the idea of the One day governor of the state is as a result of tinubu's idea and it's still been maintained...Pls give this man kudos...Don't let politics becloud our sense of judgment. This write-up is also a wise idea, not the only solution, we just have to debate about it and find a way out...Nigerians, stop hating on Jagaban!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by Lhanre(m): 12:34pm On May 19, 2015
Mogidi:
How come this guru of economics refused to share his expertise with APC governors?
Some haven't paid salaries for 7 months.

When you decide to be eternally partisan and antagonistic, you will find it difficult to draw out logic and properly respond to arguments. If you have any knowledge of the Nigerian constitution, you will know that monetary policy such as is advocated in the write up by Asiwaju can only be handled by the Federal government. Now that APC is in power, I hope they would explore this as a policy.

Long live Nigeria as we march on to positive change!
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by ELBAND: 1:20pm On May 19, 2015
Tinubu has no solution to economic problems
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by lincy(f): 2:01pm On May 19, 2015
But he offered "stomach infrastructure" Lol
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by alhassan4u2(m): 2:04pm On May 19, 2015
Kebbi State Indigenes shortlisted for NIS CONPASS 06, heading to Imo State, let's discuss here any relevant info.plz
Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by mapet: 2:24pm On May 19, 2015
Sorry Bro,

I was simply drawing a parallel to the jab on Tinubu's "smarts". Take back. But please note that, your hatred for Tinubu aside, you will need some mine search to find 3 top politicians of Tinubu's intellect.

OK on issues,
1. conventional economics, requires the reserves to manage the printing and "burning" of money. Increasing liquidity is an initiative and part of an economic strategy and not the whole. I am tempted to believe that many of you are taking this in bit parts and missing the whole
2. The challenge with SAP in my opinion was the inability of the government to live and stay true to the tenets and aspiration of the program. You don't tell people to sacrifice on one hand, yet your institutions were weak and could not stem waste and corruption on the other part. But the bigger lesson is that the SAP era gives us a reference antecedents to learn from........
3. The Monetary Policy should be in unison with the Fiscal policy, I agree. That's one things you and I and other true debaters in this discuss can xray in Tinubu's submission. I personally think we will need to sacrifice and truly this time around. Yes, increase liquidity to address some target sectors - (Refineries, Power projects, Agriculture, Small Scale Industries, Road and Transportation network), control imports, Strengthen institutions, etc.
4. We should as a people realise that pump price will go up, transportation will go up, taxes will go up, spending power will reduce a bit, cost of electricity will go up, some modified rationing may kick in, tuition will go up, some white collar workers will need to go blue collar etc. We need to build up our reserves, strengthen our chamber of commerce and other institutions.

voltron:

Focus on the issue bruv not my smarts - ok. What then do you call the Ways and Means Advances (if not printing money) the CBN made available to the FG. you cannot have a Fiscal Policy that ius undermined by a Monetary Policy the two don't work together well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems by IbeOkehie: 1:27pm On Jan 02
From over a decade ago. And Buhari actually did what Tinubu wanted from 2015 to 2023.

This is what the internet is made for. The records are here. Time to act.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Pulls 34 Generals Out Of Service / Buhari Inspecting Dadin Kowa Dam Project In Gombe In 1975 (Photo) / APC &Labour Party Joint Caucuses In Senate Pass Vote Of Confidence On Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.