Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle (26989 Views)

Amaechi And Wike In Handshake During Peace Meeting On Rivers Rerun / Wike Flags-Off 2nd Phase Of Mile-1 International Market Construction (photos) / Niger Delta Struggle And Dream Country Is Not Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by omonnakoda: 12:48am On May 19, 2015
ayoromer:
we nolonger believe in one naija so we must control our resources d aboki n d yorubas like obj has stolen enough jona was not allowed to test his own even if we wil waste d money good for us all comapanies agencies on oil must build their head offices in d niger delta or stop operation if d company wil dril oil then it must invest there too abokis n d yorubas leave our oil alone pls all oil workers wil be review.go back to cocoa.
If you no longer believe make moves to pull out rather than making empty impotent noise. Resource control will not happen so the only way is outright secession. If that is done strategically it could succeed but violence is not the way
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by jaytee01(m): 12:52am On May 19, 2015
ogene007:

Don't worry, very soon you people will go back to you groundnuts and forget about the oil and gas resources of the niter delta. It will soon be bye-bye to free money.
Ask yourself the question: Was GEJ sleeping for six years? Was he not aware of all these issues and wasted our best opportunity to right these wrongs? He chose to 'chop' alone, just like this criminal Asari. He is on his own,period.

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by jaytee01(m): 12:56am On May 19, 2015
barcanista:
A minimum of 50% resource derivation, political restructuring and Regional Federalism. Otherwise, we demand Referendum!

Continue demanding ....good luck!
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by flofields(f): 2:02am On May 19, 2015
ba7man:
We now know the "Niger Delta" they're agitating for is their stomachs. undecided

So if is not GEJ as president, it is 'resource control' or break-away? These thugs are so full of themselves. It is high time Nigeria Government dealt seriously with this pipeline-damaging and oil-bunkering fake alhaji and his cohorts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by flofields(f): 2:20am On May 19, 2015
BlackTechnology:

They forgot that their army is worthless

Its time we resurrect the Lower Niger Military Science Engineering and Technological Society and ensures it out performs that 1967 Biafra. cool

Internet-cafe-general, na which war you get your rank from? You sure sey when you hear gun powder, you no go tuck tail hide under rusty bed?

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by amakasul(f): 3:51am On May 19, 2015
flofields:

So if is not GEJ as president, it is 'resource control' or break-away? These thugs are so full of themselves. It is high time Nigeria Government dealt seriously with this pipeline-damaging and oil-bunkering fake alhaji and his cohorts.

He knews no other Head of State would tolerate him or bank-roll him. If he starts anything this time, the creek will not hide him or his army of environmental polluters.

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by BlackTechnology: 5:24am On May 19, 2015
flofields:

Internet-cafe-general, na which war you get your rank from? You sure sey when you hear gun powder, you no go tuck tail hide under rusty bed?

Go back to the kitchen

Politics is not meant for you. grin

I forgot

Shameless man pretending to be a female

419 grin
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by ba7man(m): 5:33am On May 19, 2015
flofields:

With the noise they make, you would think they actually got crude oil "seeds", planted them and worked hard to grow it underground till the whole Niger Delta was filled with crude oil.............

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by patrickmuf(m): 6:13am On May 19, 2015
lordcabasa:
Election has come and gone, won and lost and as usual the threats of battle drums are brewing with the rights and priviledges of the people of the lower Niger aka THE NIGER DELTA PEOPLE CUM THE GOOSE THAT LAYS THE NATIONS GOLDEN EGGS occupying the front burner; In as much as am pained by the inequity being metted against the people of the Niger Delta, I still hold the opinion that at the moment I see no reason to agitate let alone fight for because doing same will term me insane in the Albert Einstein sense because it is tantamount to doing a particular thing over again and expecting a different result. Therefore;

1. It is a true fact of law that whosoever gets the benefits must also inherit the liability hence, if Jonathans presidency did not favor you or your people directly I see no reason why you wanna fight and die again for the few war reapers, if I may ask, what is the difference between a man from a far away land that reaps the delta and takes the benefit far away for himself and family and a niger delta "son" that plunders the benefits of the struggle to far away lands for the benefit of his few cronies. Note that the exit of Britain didn't make Nigeria successful how can the collapse of Nigeria make Niger delta better outside enthroning another monster.

2. If the benefits of the Niger Delta struggle under your leadership as a militant leader did not better the lives of the same people you claim to be fighting for in general during the benefits period then u lack the moral justification to call and arm those people again for your selfish gains or are you their slave/colonial master? What is the difference between you and the REAPERS you claim to be fighting anyway?

3. If you did not seek for independence of the Niger delta region, nor agitate for RESOURCE CONTROL when "our son was there" then you lack the moral justification to demand for same under a man who is not from your region because to my mind, if it's wrong for a woman to ask from her boyfriend what she can't ask from her father, I see no reason asking from a stranger what you can't ask from your brother.

4. If you did not provide succour to the families of those who lost their lives fighting the injustice you as militant leaders claim to be fighting under your watch, then you lack justice bringing same reason to make more mothers childless.

5. If you can afford to own a private jet as a militant leader or a university, tour the world, get the ears of a sitting president, own fleets of porshy cars, maintain leagues of armed security guards, sex the best actresses and control billions of naira; then you could have achieved providing enough transportation for your people at subsidised rate, if you can own a university outside the shores of the country then you could have afforded educating 20,000 of your indigenes annually and I see no better way to empower your people not even through arms,if you can afford to tour the world then you can't claim to lack ideas of the standard of life your people truly deserve to live by, if you could get the ears of a sitting president then I see no reason why half the problems were not resolved, one porshy ride equals setting up 500 entrepreneurs from your region, and if you alone use more armed guards than your entire community I wonder why you think there is high rate of crime when the bulk of the security forces are securing just few of you, if you can afford pleasures and frivolities then how can you question the moral decadence you indirectly fund in our societies today.

6. If they can deceive you to die for them in the name of Niger delta struggle when in essence it is as a result of revoking their illegal contracts and largesse cum lack of federal contracts and influence then you got what you truly deserve which is "death" for indeed the wages of sin is truly death.

7. A word is enough for the ...
Bro, I doff my hat for you...This is the voice of reason....

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Dosu47: 6:21am On May 19, 2015
The struggle for personal gain . abi ?
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Nobody: 7:41am On May 19, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
There is nothing wrong in holding meetings and also nothing wrong in a struggle geared towards the betterment of the people of the Niger Delta. My advise is that we should give Buhari a chance and see what he has to offer, who knows, he might turn out to be a blessing for the region. Jonathan was there for over 5yrs and nothing to show for it even in the Niger Delta! I am still at a shock today that Jonathan could not ensure that Ibaka seaport at Akwa Ibom was given priority and completed before the end of his tenure. One vital thing we need for a massive turnaround in the East would be a functioning seaport capable of berthing large ocean liners so that our people can massively divert their import activities to the East but the stark reality is that Jonathan failed. He also promised to build a second Niger bridge before 2015 and here we are in 2015 and the bridge has not been built.

What if Buhari builds that seaport? What if Buhari eventually builds that second Niger bridge?

I am really angry with Jonathan. angry
I am also angry with GEJ for being stale...but its not late if we wake up to get things done..we need to be united in the struggle and we will definitly get there...
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by nd07(m): 8:07am On May 19, 2015
ba7man:
We now know the "Niger Delta" they're agitating for is their stomachs. undecided

what of boko haram & d North?
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by omonnakoda: 8:08am On May 19, 2015
There is nothing wrong with a struggle for equality and fairness .Anyone who disagrees with this cannot be said to be really human and so to that extent reasonable Nigerians will support the fight of oil producing communities. However a number of bitter truths must be told.
First that for most of our history Nigeria has been under military rule and most of the injustice has been perpetuated by military rulers.
Now we have been under civilian rule for 16 years
1) Did the political leaders of the region articulate the struggle under any coherent leajavascript:void(0);dership as their main agenda at the National assembly?
2)Has there been any kind of political movement fighting for the Delta and what are its objectives; "resource control" is a phrase bandied about but have people actually sat down to discuss what they mean. Let us remind ourselves how the poliical leaders from the region sold out at the National Conference last year
3) There are several ethnic groups in the Delta.Do they have a common forum,do they meet and discuss regularly and are they focused
4) Who are the real political leaders is this determined by guns and cash ?
5) Let us look at the militant struggle this came into being DURING civilian government. I will say that it failed. Why did it fail it was driven by OPPORTUNISTS. Yes there is a problem but they were not fighting for that. If they were why accept amnesty/
6) If they say they had no choice have they organized politically afterwards?
7) Even today one ponders who are the leaders of the region.
8 ) Today we hear people making threats to blow up pipelines and cripple Nigeria. Those are empty threats
9) Is crippling Nigeria the objective? The real objective can be achieved but this requires patience and a plan
10) The truth is right now there is no plan just anger which often leads to foolishness.
11) You do not fight in anger
12) where is the propaganda machine, the use of press and documentaries
13) Where s the filibustering at the National Assembly
14) At every opportunity those representing the region politically have always sold out
15) There is no law banning advocating secession organizing a party and voting senators with that mission is the strongest signal the region can send to Nigeria.
16) If you send 15 senators to the NA all asking for secession and your States of Assembly pass a similar motion Nigerians will sit up more than any bombing will make them do
17 )The bottomline is there is no genuine leadership and people do not really know what they want
Everything everyone says seems to be about oil and how important it is . Well The bitter truth is that the proven reserves of oil will last 30 years roughly. 30 years is not such a long time in the life of a nation. 30 years ago to this day Buhari was in power
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by dalhjana: 8:16am On May 19, 2015
i would have been there . but didn't know on time!!”
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Jesusloveyou: 8:40am On May 19, 2015
perryy:
and what is killing him? Why are we this barbaric in this continent? The people of Scotland asked for self determination and a referendum was conducted, those who mooted the idea of self determination were not killed. Why will Buhari kill Asari for asking for his freedom? Is it by force to live together? Let us not bury our head in sand and become chronically unreasonable because of our love for ijaw oil.
which ijaw oil, when u were having ijaw president why not demand for self determination 4yrs ago, for ur information, is only ijaw militant and igbo militant that want self determination, if those two group disturb our peace,they wil see hell.

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by koralink: 10:04am On May 19, 2015
In fact if Asari Dokubo tries to play any funny game,he woulb be cut go size

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Remarkable: 1:49pm On May 19, 2015
arent88:
pls can you tell us what he did for the north.

wow! that you even have to ask tells me that even if I told you, you still won't know - so lets agree to disagree on the matter.
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by arent88(m): 2:31pm On May 19, 2015
Remarkable:

wow! that you even have to ask tells me that even if I told you, you still won't know - so lets agree to disagree on the matter.
sentiments aside if u have any points make them stop saying even if u make any point i wouldnt agree with u.i would only disagree with u if u make baseless assertions.so educate me pls on what gej did for the north.
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Remarkable: 3:57am On May 20, 2015
arent88:
sentiments aside if u have any points make them stop saying even if u make any point i wouldnt agree with u.i would only disagree with u if u make baseless assertions.so educate me pls on what gej did for the north.

Okay, let's take it one at a time:

Almajiri schools?
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by arent88(m): 6:44am On May 20, 2015
Remarkable:

Okay, let's take it one at a time:

Almajiri schools?
the almajiri school might have being established with good intensions but i tell u it has minimal or no impact atall at the educational advancement of the north.those states in north were this almajiri schools were established werent even having the problem of primary school shortage, were enrolment had outpaced the number of schools available.when u talk abt jonathan favouring the north over other regions i dnt expect u to mention almajiri schools.how on earth has the creation of almajiri schools given the north an edge of other regions.
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Remarkable: 7:56pm On May 20, 2015
arent88:
the almajiri school might have being established with good intensions but i tell u it has minimal or no impact atall at the educational advancement of the north.those states in north were this almajiri schools were established werent even having the problem of primary school shortage, were enrolment had outpaced the number of schools available.when u talk abt jonathan favouring the north over other regions i dnt expect u to mention almajiri schools.how on earth has the creation of almajiri schools given the north an edge of other regions.

I am not sure whether you are aware of a model developed byexperts in the field of conflict resolution/problem solving... one of the steps includes problem identification... my original post implied that the sum total of projects in the north surpasses the south; but I also left a window open for a possibility that it might not be completely true.

The function of the almajiri schools might help you understand why GEJ invested in building them... why not look it up and read up on it. have you lived in the north before? if you knew the number of kids in the streets roaming from place to place is appalling. Those schools showed them that the government has their interests at heart and cares for them. Again, look into the program objectives and how these schools have been functioning...

On a point you made of no lack of schools... if they are not interested in western education, isn't that my point? that traditiioinal education that recognizes their culture and then teaches them further helps with the mental emancipation of the child(ren)
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by flofields(f): 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Go back to the kitchen

Politics is not meant for you. grin

I forgot

Shameless man pretending to be a female

419 grin

This thing pained you, dog!

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by eneidoko(f): 8:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
koralink:
In fact if Asari Dokubo tries to play any funny game,he woulb be cut go size

He should know that GEJ is no longer President.
It is now a different ball game
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by ddippset(m): 8:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
death! On a more serious note, death is calling asari,u wil not be lucky to die three times like shekau,no body get big belle that wil resemble u,if u love urself and d good pple of niger delta, better repent ooo
hehehehehehe. The only person wey for fit resmble am na Oliver de coque but him sef don die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Lavished $100m On Furniture, Artworks — US / How Accurate Are Peter Obi’s Claims At NESG Economic Dialogue? (Fact Check) / Frank Kokori: How A Powerful Mafia Runs Nigeria – APC Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.