Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie (28775 Views)

Owie: If My Wife Does What Aisha Buhari Did She'll Return To Her Parents / Anenih Impunity Caused PDP Loss In Edo Says Edo PDP Leader Senator Owie / Stop Revenging For 1985 – Owie Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by redcliff: 2:56pm On May 18, 2015
CR77:
This is soo true.

Buhari should stay away from Obasanjo if he knows whats good for himself

Nothing good come out of OBJ

Buhari is a man of himself. It would be hard for anybody to control him. He has gotten the power, watvh his true colour
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by KEMELU: 2:57pm On May 18, 2015
OBJ naa agbaya

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by Fellonigerians: 2:57pm On May 18, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
FROM JULIANA TAIWO-OBALO­NYE, ABUJA

A former member of National Assembly, Senator Rowland Owie, has described ex-Pres­ident Olusegun Obasanjo’s Think-tank report as a document of blackmail for the President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari,

In a statement issued in Abuja, Owie, who is also a former Chief Whip of the Senate, asked: ”How can Obasanjo be preparing a blueprint for Buhari? A Bini parable says, “how can an impotent man get medicine for his brother, who suffers weak erection”?

The Niger Delta ex-senator was disappointed that the in-coming Buhari administration is in romance with Obasanjo, saying, “Obasanjo will tell the world that the solutions he prescribed for fixing Nigeria were ignored.”

He said: “I just read Obasanjo think-tank has submitted a blueprint to Buhari. Blue what?

“I am shocked that great Nigerians of the likes of Prof. Akin Mabogunje, Dr. Idika Kalu and Dr. Christopher Kolade were involved. That Obasanjo is linked to the blue-print, it will be a document of blackmail to Buhari very soon.

“Wonders will never end! How can Obasanjo who allegedly wasted eight years in government pursuing perceived enemies, and tried to ruin the legislative and judiciary arms of government in Nigeria; wasted $16 billion on power and not a single kilowatt of energy was produced, destroyed Aladja Steel, Itakpe Steel, Ajaokuta Steel, NITEL, just to mention a few FGN parastatals, now begin to advise Buhari?

“How can Obasanjo, whose government received, in one year, a revenue equivalent of the total revenue that IBB regime received in eight years, yet, nothing to show for it, be handing over blue-print to the in-coming administration?

“While there are great legacies left behind by IBB, but Nigerians can’t find any useful legacies by a government that received the highest revenue, since the amalgamation of Nigeria.

“The legacies left behind by Obasanjo are allegedly hate, divisiveness, Zaki- Ibiam and Odi destruction, impunity in government business and the business of the PDP that was put together by well-meaning people, including my humble self, when he, Obasanjo, was in prison,” Sen. Owie said.

Owie also revealed that “the present state of PDP was created by Obasanjo when the late SB Awoniyi was rigged out in 2000 at Eagle Square and another attempt to rebuild the party through Chief Audu Ogbeh was frustrated when Ogbeh was forced to resign as PDP chairman.

“We thank God that now that Obasanjo has left the PDP, we can rebuild the party. Has Obasanjo not seen now the major achievements of Yar’Adua-Jonathan government within a short time,”? he asked.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=120129

cc: Lalasticlala

GMB, stay clear of OBJ because Nigerians elected you, and not OBJ...

Listen to him thought, but do what you want to do... Just know that if you dont listen to him, he will come after you with vengeance...
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by CR77(f): 2:58pm On May 18, 2015
Ok good point
redcliff:

Buhari is a man of himself. It would be hard for anybody to control him. He has gotten the power, watvh his true colour
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by juman(m): 3:06pm On May 18, 2015
That obasanjo is a curse to nigeria.

He destroyed nigeria most.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by Boss13: 3:07pm On May 18, 2015
People just wake up, refuse to brush their teeth and begin to make unreasonable utterances. To make matter worse, media houses grant such people audience. FYI, Obasanjo has a library which also conducts research.
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by okiezman(m): 3:08pm On May 18, 2015
CR77:
This is soo true.

Exactly.... he didn't make the country better I don't see his blue print doing better anyway

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by Forwetinnah: 3:14pm On May 18, 2015
The APC is just a useless party...i know it's hard to have principles as a politician but the APCs case is beyond reason. From calling GEJ clueless to looking for tips on how to run Nigeria from him. Maybe the next blue print would come from the dead Idiagbon from the grave because Buhari has absolutely nothing to offer and the leeches around him will lead him straight into more problems. A President needs to THINK and not wait on people to think for him.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 18, 2015
lastpage:

Is it the same PDP that is splintering into different factions?

Or the one that they are accusing each other of looting the #2Trillion, election war-chest? grin grin

Or the one that some members are all over the place prostrating for BAba Iyabo to PLEASE come back and build the party around him?
Bunch of losers!

The moment OBJ tore his party Card, l knew that party was dead and buried and Buhari has hammered the last nail in Jonathan's re-election bid.

Go back in history and tell me one person that has ever survived OBJ, when he sets his sights on them!

I thought Jonathan was flexing muscle by banning OBJ from releasing his Book in Nigeria..... Let him come and flex muscle now. with Baba Iyabo acting as "God Father" to Buhari. tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin

Politics is sweet, if you are OBJ or Tinubu! undecided wink wink
No be Gra-Gra, Na "sense"! kiss kiss

This OBJ is causing Nightmares all over that place! shocked shocked

Lastpage!
Lol what was Obj's contribution to PDP? The inbreeding old fool could not even win a mere senatorial seat for his daughter. His gubernatorial candidate, General TunjiOlurin lost woefully .

GEJ's defeat has got nothing to do with OBJ, He is just like Amaechi, talking too much without any action

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by deletrue: 3:18pm On May 18, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Obasanjo is not capable of giving advice even to an 9 year old. Buhari should stay away from Obasanjo if he knows whats good for himself. Obasanjo is a despot, a cheat, an egomaniac, a tyrant, a manipulator, a hypocrite and a snake.
Obasanjo is the father of corruption in Nigeria.
By God's special grace, you will continue to remain on top. Amen

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by deletrue: 3:20pm On May 18, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
FROM JULIANA TAIWO-OBALO­NYE, ABUJA

A former member of National Assembly, Senator Rowland Owie, has described ex-Pres­ident Olusegun Obasanjo’s Think-tank report as a document of blackmail for the President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari,

In a statement issued in Abuja, Owie, who is also a former Chief Whip of the Senate, asked: ”How can Obasanjo be preparing a blueprint for Buhari? A Bini parable says, “how can an impotent man get medicine for his brother, who suffers weak erection”?

The Niger Delta ex-senator was disappointed that the in-coming Buhari administration is in romance with Obasanjo, saying, “Obasanjo will tell the world that the solutions he prescribed for fixing Nigeria were ignored.”

He said: “I just read Obasanjo think-tank has submitted a blueprint to Buhari. Blue what?

“I am shocked that great Nigerians of the likes of Prof. Akin Mabogunje, Dr. Idika Kalu and Dr. Christopher Kolade were involved. That Obasanjo is linked to the blue-print, it will be a document of blackmail to Buhari very soon.

“Wonders will never end! How can Obasanjo who allegedly wasted eight years in government pursuing perceived enemies, and tried to ruin the legislative and judiciary arms of government in Nigeria; wasted $16 billion on power and not a single kilowatt of energy was produced, destroyed Aladja Steel, Itakpe Steel, Ajaokuta Steel, NITEL, just to mention a few FGN parastatals, now begin to advise Buhari?

“How can Obasanjo, whose government received, in one year, a revenue equivalent of the total revenue that IBB regime received in eight years, yet, nothing to show for it, be handing over blue-print to the in-coming administration?

“While there are great legacies left behind by IBB, but Nigerians can’t find any useful legacies by a government that received the highest revenue, since the amalgamation of Nigeria.

“The legacies left behind by Obasanjo are allegedly hate, divisiveness, Zaki- Ibiam and Odi destruction, impunity in government business and the business of the PDP that was put together by well-meaning people, including my humble self, when he, Obasanjo, was in prison,” Sen. Owie said.

Owie also revealed that “the present state of PDP was created by Obasanjo when the late SB Awoniyi was rigged out in 2000 at Eagle Square and another attempt to rebuild the party through Chief Audu Ogbeh was frustrated when Ogbeh was forced to resign as PDP chairman.

“We thank God that now that Obasanjo has left the PDP, we can rebuild the party. Has Obasanjo not seen now the major achievements of Yar’Adua-Jonathan government within a short time,”? he asked.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=120129

cc: Lalasticlala
I think say I know Obasanjo but for where? You are better. May you, by God's special grace, remain on top. Amen.
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 18, 2015
story
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 18, 2015
Thief Obasanjo's blue print for Development must include:

Converting nation's resources to his personal property (Birth of his massive Ota farm in 1979)

Invite World Bank and IMF teams into the country and give them control of your central bank and finance ministry.

Close down effective and transparent govt bodies aiding the development and maintenance of infrastructure (i.e Petroleum Trust Fund) and sack any competent chairman of those bodies (i.e Buhari)

Sell off for peanuts to foreign companies and yourself all the nation's assets - from refineries to national buildings, National Shipping lines National Airline.; including all the nations oil blocks, all of which should be worth trillions of dollars yet leave only $35Bn in reserves.

Give away natural resource rich land to neighbouring country , without any referendum of Nigerians or fiscal compensation from the beneficiaries (i.e giving Bakassi to Cameroon).

Ensure to maintain order by razing down any communities that stand up to your soldiers ( Odi and Zaki Biam)

Be sure to be unconcerned by sectarian violence, in fact encourage formation of terrorist sectarian and secessionist organisations (Boko Haram, MOSSAB, Odua People's Congress etc.

Impoverish your people by devaluing currency by 500% (five hundred percent)

Raise fuel price 5 fold.

Make yourself Petroleum minister and start the fuel subsidy scam.

Make a previously self sufficient Nigeria to start importing refined fuel

Pocket $16Bn you promised the nation to use for electricity and produce less electricity than you met.

Ensure that you spend your presidency touring the world non-stop at the nations expense whilst acquiring farm land, hotels , refineries etc. worldwide.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by jossyj: 3:32pm On May 18, 2015
cheddahboy:
Leave my father alone.... Nigeria cant do without him for now

yes and that is why you will remain a fool forever.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by mashodehammer: 3:32pm On May 18, 2015
gurunlocker:
and Nigeria problem continues from the hand of this man called Obasanjo, many didn't see GEJ didn't give room to that, reason for baba being angry.
And where is GEJ today?
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by Misterdhee1(m): 3:40pm On May 18, 2015
Obj has the experience.. He might have failed during his years, buh if he knows the thin line between failure and success in Governance...
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by 49cents(m): 3:42pm On May 18, 2015
cheddahboy:
Leave my father alone.... Nigeria cant do without him for now

his biological kids publicly disown him and you are claiming his as father...........seious

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by godwin120alex: 3:45pm On May 18, 2015
hahahahhaha Obj giving what he could not do during his eight yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by NovusHomo(m): 3:45pm On May 18, 2015
”How can Obasanjo be preparing a blueprint for Buhari? A Bini parable says, “how can an impotent man get medicine for his brother, who suffers weak Attention”?

A weak erection is still better than impotence. grin
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by nortcentrallord(m): 3:58pm On May 18, 2015
folabayo1:
Abeg make una leave ebora owu alone o grin

Ebora ni?
Ebola ko? grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by nickyvil: 4:03pm On May 18, 2015
E-war coming
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by nortcentrallord(m): 4:06pm On May 18, 2015
lastpage:

You took these words out of my mouth!
Hate is making this people go mad!

Whether anyone likes it or not, OBJ was instrumental to:

1.) Election and promotion of Jonathan from a mere College Tutor, to Deputy, Full Governor, Vice and substantive President.

2.) Exposure of the grand plan to once again rig the elections and if that does not work, play the "Gbagbo option" on Nigerians
Removal of Jonathan from office

3.) Conceding defeat "without a whimper", by Jonathan, when he lost woefully in the last election, through the application of international pressure and fear of ICC punishment

4.) Implosion of the PDP, after he publicly tore his own membership Card and ENDORSED GMB before the election.. wink

In as much as OBJ is not a saint, can this failed Ex "Sin-nator" tell us what his own achievements were, throughout his years in the National Assembly, apart from unending increase in their own Salary and allowance? At least we know that it was OBJ who "facilitated" the wide spread availability of GSM Phone & Operators in Nigeria.

He can also ask his "towns-man" to ask his "about to divorce" wife to prepare their own "Green-Print" for #SaiBaaba afterall, GMB is open to everyone, even those who said he was "brain dead and has no 'Cerbisticate'"! grin grin

Yeeye dey smell since March 28 .... till May 29th! undecided undecided

Lastpage!

OBJ, the Ebora of Owu that have never lost a battle! tongue tongue

3rd term Nko? Wasn't that a battle lost woefully? grin cheesy grin
Ebora ko
Ebola ni? grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by folabayo1(f): 4:46pm On May 18, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Ebora ni?
Ebola ko? grin grin cheesy grin
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by dukecharles(m): 4:47pm On May 18, 2015
If GMB wants to succeed in bring desired change, he should distance himself from Obasanjo. OBJ is a disgrace. a man that lobbied for third term and witch hunted and publicly disgraced all his political opponents in the name of fighting corruption is now claiming to be a saint. NONSENSE

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by saintopus(m): 5:01pm On May 18, 2015
ezera:
Its like Wenger advising Mourinho on how to win trophies every year. Arsenal fans na joke i dey o....winks

Baba is an attention seeker. No more no less.
This makes me laugh really hard!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by baralatie(m): 5:47pm On May 18, 2015
Built2last:
Most people above me are politicising this issue but watch what this man play out soon.

OBJ's romance with the incoming government is worrisome.

OBJ seeks to tie the hand of GMB from probing down the ladder...He also seeks to lash him in the future for ignoring his recommendations.

OBJ will tell Nigerians that the recommendation came from the brightest brains but was ignored.

I will say that Nigerians elected GMB, He should avoid OBJ like plaque.

his trickery and political masochism fears the devil

nuff said
how is GMB going to avoid Obj!
I just remembered the fracas between Gej and Obj!
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by olayinkaj2(m): 6:05pm On May 18, 2015
Everyone coming up with different advice but Buhari should or already know what he wants to do.
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by ehijohnson: 7:33pm On May 18, 2015
Its one tin to advise.,its another tin to follow the advise.........Nigerians make una relax,Buhari know what's up!!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by omolami: 8:46pm On May 18, 2015
Obj a devil's incarnate. Nothing good can come out him.His family already reject him because they know him better. To Buhari you need a very very and very long spoon to dine with obj
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by omokab: 9:08pm On May 18, 2015
CR77:
This is soo true.

Anybody who sees Obasanjo as a good man that person must also be seen as a rattle snake.Yoruba will "ika niko jeki paramole odagba"that is is because of wickedness rattle snake does not grow up.Seen Obasanjo you are seeing all sort of wicked.I hate when somebody is hailing Obasanjo for anything in this country.A man that have opportunity to fix this country but rather causing problem for his enemy in one way or the other.A man that impeach Ladoja using thug(elewe omo) and his bad supporters to impeached Ladoja at D'Rovan hotel in Ibadan.spent billions of Dollars on power without achieving anything.Honestly speaking,am a yoruba but I can't hide behind one finger.Obasanjo is a disgrace and regret to the country. So,he should live with his idea that he can't use during his 8 years in oFfice.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by CR77(f): 9:13pm On May 18, 2015
U say it all
omokab:

Anybody who sees Obasanjo as a good man that person must also be seen as a rattle snake.Yoruba will "ika niko jeki paramole odagba"that is is because of wickedness rattle snake does not grow up.Seen Obasanjo you are seeing all sort of wicked.I hate when somebody is hailing Obasanjo for anything in this country.A man that have opportunity to fix this country but rather causing problem for his enemy in one way or the other.A man that impeach Ladoja using thug(elewe omo) and his bad supporters to impeach Ladoja at D'Rovan hotel in Ibadan.spent billions of Dollars on power without achieving anything.Honestly speaking,am a yoruba but I can't hide behind one finger.Obasanjo is a disgrace and regret to the country. So,he should live with his idea that he can't use during his 8 years in oFfice.
Re: Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie by Chigold101(m): 9:13pm On May 18, 2015
Dee60:
How?

Some folks need to look inward and stop blaming others for their political woes. If they did well who will be talking about OBJ or GMB today?

Buhari is smart enough!

OBJ did his bit.

Leave him alone.
mention 3 of the bits which OBJ did.

Dont tell me he brought GSM. Because he killed Nitel/Mtel and almost rendered Mike Adenuga useless in telecommunication sector.

Do you know why we dont have 0801 today in Nigeria? The reason is because OBJ decided to shut the door against Adenuga‘s company which purchesed the 0801 licence. Glo came through another door as a national carrier after many yoruba men begged OBJ & Adenuga giving him more money than the one he recieved before... So dont talk about GLO.

Why didnt OBJ involve Kalu & Kolade during his time as the president.

I pity GMB if he listens to OBJ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu / Hanan Buhari Denies Ordering DSS To Arrest, Detain Okolie Over SIM / Police Speak On Abuja Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.