Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (6067 Views)

Nigeria’s NASS, David Mark’s Coup, And The APC Dilemma- Daily Trust / Entitlements Of A Former Presidents Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria – NASS / Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria - By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (1999) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by sanitelag(m): 2:15pm On May 18, 2015
The biggest problem in NASS is
not the salaries or allowances. It is a very big item in the NASS budget called overheads. What they do is pack that item in the appropriation bill and then " collapse" it according to a pre-agreed formula. A certain percentage is shared among the leadership. Another portion is
given to the management to
cover genuine overheads. The
rest is shared among members. I believe early in Obasanjo's term the overhead budget of NASS was like N10 billion. By 2011, when I raised an alarm, it was N126 billion and 25% of the entire overhead budget of the
Federal Government. When I
drew attention of the country to this, many people did not
understand why NASS was
angry. It is because, they were
sharing the money that was not spent on NASS overheads, and they have a perfect system now for "retiring" it. There is an entire structure within NASS whose job
is preparing receipts vouchers
etc to cover this item. If ever
there was a proper investigation,
people can go to jail for this.
When I was suspended, the
Senate leadership which is
supposed to protect the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), did not lift a finger because, I had done this to them earlier. The Chairman of the Finance Committee, Ahmed
Muhammed Makarfi, who was
investigating my missing $20
billion (US Dollars) allegation, was the same Chairman under who this happened and one of those who brought me for a public hearing and made me swear by the Qur'an (as in a Court of Law), and tried to get me to recant. An old routine of politicians, when caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Everything is coming
out now, and people forget what was said about my revelations at that time. There will be more and more. Nigerians have seen nothing yet. Take my word.
Finally, the good thing in all this is what I said in February 2014. You can suspend a man Mr. President Goodluck Jonathan. You can never suspend the truth.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by gragraboy: 2:17pm On May 18, 2015
God bless His Royal Highness......
Re: National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 18, 2015
well said
Re: National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 18, 2015
@Sanusi Lamido Sanusi: You weren't suspended because you raised any alarm, rather you were suspended because you were indicted by the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria for fraud running into hundred of billions, rascality and gross misconduct as CBN boss. Instead of you to prove your innocence in court, you ran to court along with Yemi Osinbajo to secure order against further investigation, probe and prosecution. You can hide under the law to evade Justice, but you can't run from the fact on ground. Posterity shall deal ruthlessly with you...

4 Likes

Re: National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 18, 2015
As for Buhari, I don't expect him to re-visit your case because of his antecedents on declaring his benefactors "guiltless" irrespective of fact on ground. A man that said.."All the allegations levelled against the personality of the late Gen. Sani Abacha will remain allegations. It is 10 years now, things should be over by now." “ten years after Abacha, those allegations remain unproven because of lack of facts”. despite the glaring facts and evidence staring at his face.

2 Likes

Re: National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by oduastates: 2:32pm On May 18, 2015
Fact: The most educated king in Nigeria.
Probably in the whole of Africa.
Re: National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 18, 2015
God bless king Sanusi.
Re: National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Mayour11(m): 2:42pm On May 18, 2015
Sanusi, oko Jonathan
Re: National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:48pm On May 18, 2015
K'ade pe l'ori, ki bata pe l'ese.
Re: National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by chemali: 2:51pm On May 18, 2015
barcanista:
@Sanusi Lamido Sanusi: You weren't suspended because you raised any alarm, rather you were suspended because you were indicted by the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria for fraud running into hundred of billions, rascality and gross misconduct as CBN boss. Instead of you to prove your innocence in court, you ran to court along with Yemi Osinbajo to secure order against further investigation, probe and prosecution. You can hide under the law to evade Justice, but you can't run from the fact on ground. Posterity shall deal ruthlessly with you...

Indicted by the FRCN? You keep making this foolish comment!
Re: National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by judiciarypalava: 3:07pm On May 18, 2015
SLS using the almighty formula that allows for "the best form of defence, is to attack" since he started opposing his employers while giving full support to opposition.
Re: National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Ikengawo: 3:12pm On May 18, 2015

boko boyz
Re: National Assembly Of Nigeria (NASS). By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 18, 2015
No mind the royal thief
judiciarypalava:
SLS using the almighty formula that allows for "the best form of defence, is to attack" since he started opposing his employers while giving full support to opposition.

(1) (Reply)

Celebrating The Most Powerful Igbo Woman On Earth / Finding Common Ground: Role Of Trade Unions And FG In Fuel Subsidy Removal / April Polls: Inec Adopts Modified Open Secret Ballot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.