Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital (38188 Views)

Ekwueme: Aim Of The 1983 Coup Was To Stop Me From Emerging The President In 1987 / Ogun Is Nigeria’s Industrial Capital – Amosun / Outsider Emerging Customs Boss Rubbishes Career Progression – Group Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by gists: 1:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
scholes0:

See guyz, it is because of trolls like this, that I would like us to keep this page strictly on topic....
diverting from the original course of this thread, only gives the trolls more rotten filth to feed on......
Bilqis Sungbo Eredo has little or nothing to do with the emergence of Ogun state as a national industrial hub..... stuff like that belong in the cultural section.
Never mind the trolls. Unknowingly to them, they're help you keep this thread on the first page. That is why we need them once in a while. They post a silly comment trying to derail the thread or debunk a point - guess what happens, your thread flies back to number 1 on trending topic. We need them once in a while bros - especially that gender-confused Yoruba wannabe lol grin
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by PPAngel(f): 1:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
scholes0:

Yeah, I know it is funny, Oya I take your god beg you, remove that super large font... Thank you.

It stays.

grin
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by PPAngel(f): 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
gists:

Never mind the trolls. Unknowingly to them, they're help you keep this thread on the first page. That is why we need them once in a while. They post a silly comment trying to derail the thread or debunk a point - guess what happens, your thread flies back to number 1 on trending topic. We need them once in a while bros - especially that gender-confused Yoruba wannabe lol grin

Who is derailing who?

So I should allow Flyoruba1 spew his lies everywhere?
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by gists: 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by NCP: 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Very informative thread. Ogun State the new Industrial Capital of Nigeria.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Flyoruboy1: 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Flyoruboy1: 1:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
p
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Flyoruboy1: 1:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
o
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
[size=14pt]Lafarge Africa's Papalanto Power plant, to supply 1.4 Million households and add 260MW to National grid.[/size]
Will be commissioned in Ewekoro, this october.
smiley

— Jul 22, 2015 3:49 am | 0 Comments
Lafarge Africa Plc has said that its newly constructed 220 megawatts (mw) power plant at Ewekoro, Ogun, will commence operations in October.
The executive vice president/managing director, Lafarge Africa Plc, Guilaume Roux, said that the project worth $400 million (N78.8 billion) was executed in partnership with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Wartsila.
He said that the IFC would provide financial and advisory services for the project through its Global Infrastructure Project Development Fund, InfraVentures, while Wartsila would build and manage the power plant.
Roux expressed the hope that [size=16pt]the project would enhance 1.4 million households’ access to electricity[/size] and help mitigate energy problems of many firms in the country. He said that power project remained one of the company’s contributions toward providing an enabling environment for new investments and the nation’s economic growth.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/07/lafarge-africas-220-mega-watt-power-plant-commences-operations-in-october/
http://constructionreviewonline.com/2014/09/nigeria-to-construct-a-new-400m-260mw-power-plant/
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by asha80(m): 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
scholes0:
[size=14pt]Lafarge Africa's Papalanto Power plant, to supply 1.4 Million households and add 260MW to National grid.[/size]
Will be commissioned in Ewekoro, this october.
smiley

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/07/lafarge-africas-220-mega-watt-power-plant-commences-operations-in-october/
http://constructionreviewonline.com/2014/09/nigeria-to-construct-a-new-400m-260mw-power-plant/
in the present national grid system I dont see how this would really benefit ogun
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
asha80:
in the present national grid system I dont see how this would really benefit ogun

Probably not by much, to be honest.
but at least, it will create a few jobs for the locals......
In my opinion, i think some of the power is meant for lafarge's plant and other industrial complexes in the area, while the surplus will be fed into the grid.... Either way, it brings some development to the area.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by asha80(m): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
scholes0:

In my opinion, i think some of the power is meant for lafarge's plant and other industrial complexes in the area, while the surplus will be fed into the grid.... Either way, it brings some development to the area.
if that is the case then good but this present national grid system does not seem good
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
[size=16pt]Tropical General Investment (TGI Nigeria Ltd) expands Ogun economic base with N5bn investment in poultry, food processing[/size]

The Tropical General Investment (TGI), a conglomerate of companies in agriculture, fishing and processing, chemical extractions, oil among others has concluded plans to expand its investment in Ogun state with about N5 billion, investing in poultry farming, food processing and chemical extractions. TGI, a conglomerate of companies, including Chi Farms, Chi Retail, WACOT, Cormart, Fludor, Romson Oil Field Services Limited, ORC Fishing and Processing Limited among others, had earlier injected N5 billion in Ogun state’s economy through one of its subsidiaries – West African Cotton Company Limited (WACOT), engaging in cotton production and processing.

According to Jerome Shogbon, Chairman, Tropical General Investment (TGI), the group has created about 30,000 direct and indirect jobs and increased Ogun state economic base in few years of its presence in the state through the West African Cotton Company Limited (WACOT) N5 billion investments in cotton production and marketing of cotton lint to textiles mills.
Speaking during a working visit to Governor Ibikunle Amosun at Oke-Mosan Governor’s office in Abeokuta on Tuesday, Jerome Shogbon, Chairman, Tropical General Investment (TGI) said that though WACOT had already invested N5 billion in cotton production and created 30,000 jobs in the state, it however, planned huge expansion of its investment in agriculture and chemical extractions.

Shogbon, who revealed that the group had secured an expanse of land at Flower Gate, Sagamu interchange, along Lagos-Ibadan expressway, noted that the company was set to widen its scope of operation and investments by exploring various Agricultural value chain, including poultry farming, milling, food processing and chemical extractions to create more wealth and jobs.

He said, “We have got investments of N5 billion and 30,000 direct and indirect jobs already in Ogun state.
We are here in Ogun state as part of efforts to expand our investment. We want to thank His Excellency for helping us secure land at Flower Gate – We have already acquired land there and we are coming back soon for more land.
“Right now, through Chi Farms, we are investing in poultry farming and food processing, and we also investing in chemical extractions.”

Responding, Governor Ibikunle Amosun, who received management team from Tropical General Investement (TGI) being led by its Chairman in Abeokuta, said the investment in the state economy was in consonance with government’s desire to make the state private sector – driven and raise revenue to run the state aside from the monthly Federal allocation. While assuring the investors of total support of its administration, Governor Amosun said, “We need more of your presence in Ogun state. The only way to go is to have the state to be private sector-driven actually.
“With the dwindling Federal allocation, I am one of those that never believed in waiting for the Federal allocation to run the state. I know that the way to go is to be self-sustaining, create wealth and employ youths by creating employment opportunities.”
http://businessdayonline.com/2015/07/tgi-expands-ogun-economic-base-with-n5bn-investment-in-poultry-food-processing/
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by gists: 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
scholes0:

Very correct and on point
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
asha80:
if that is the case then good but this present national grid system does not seem good

I agree with you.
But what do you advocate? smiley
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by DeLaRue: 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
Btw, that golf course is in Ilara Mokin, Ondo State. Not Ogun.

Toyota Nigeria Chairman's Elizade University is also located in that town.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Flyoruboy1: 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
DeLaRue:

Btw, that golf course is in Ilara Mokin, Ondo State. Not Ogun.

Toyota Nigeria Chairman's Elizade University is also located in that town.

Thanx buddy, fixed. Originally got the pix from skyscrapercity with an Ogun label/location. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1040275
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by asha80(m): 2:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
scholes0:

I agree with you.
But what do you advocate? smiley
I am not really a power expert but I believe that any power generation plant built should take care of the distribution area it was sited..like if this larfarge power plant is built in an area under ikeja distribution area then all the power generated in the plant should distributed within ikeja distribution area..this will help minimize or eliminate power loss if it was to be sent to 'central national grid ' as is being practised now
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
Flyoruboy1:

Thanx buddy, will make the necessary correction.

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 2:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
asha80:
I am not really a power expert but I believe that any power generation plant built should take care of the distribution area it was sited..like if this larfarge power plant is built in an area under ikeja distribution area then all the power generated in the plant should distributed within ikeja distribution area..this will help minimize or eliminate power loss if it was to be sent to 'central national grid ' as is being practised now

You are absolutely spot on....
I believe you were referring to loss of power in the process of transmission.
But you know Nigeria...... a Federal republic only in name, but not in true character.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by asha80(m): 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
scholes0:

You are absolutely spot on....
I believe you were referring to loss of power in the process of transmission.
But you know Nigeria...... a Federal republic only in name, but not in true character.
yes wrt loss of power in the process of transmission..sometimes we just have to walk the talk about this federalism thing.too much centralization can be stifling
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by edogirl2: 2:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
Flyoruboy1:

Thanx buddy, will make the necessary correction.

I see a lot of kids getting into meaningless arguments with Easterners about oil in Lagos, oil in Ondo state, bla bla.

The oil in Ondo cannot support the SW economy from Badagry in Lagos to Ifon in Ondo state.

Manufacturing will play a key role in driving SW regional economy. For that it will be Lagos and Ogun, and to a lower level, Oyo.

Just an example, Dangote's refinery in Lagos will employ thousands of people directly, most of whom will earn over 100k per month. The multiplier effect on the Lagos economy will be huge.

The SW can attract big investments because t is relatively peaceful. Now, they just need to go back to prioritising education.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Flyoruboy1: 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2015

Ogun State Government To Focus On Solid Mineral Development

The Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun, has expressed the readiness of his administration to provide the much needed political will in developing the solid mineral sector of the state for socioeconomic development, especially in the face of the dwindling revenue from oil.

He made the promise in Abeokuta, the state capital, at the opening ceremony of a two-day Geological Week of the State Ministry of Commerce and Industry, held at the Oba’s Complex in the State Capital.

The Governor said that resolutions reached at the occasion would form the road map for the development of the sector which seems to have been neglected by succeeding administrations in the State.

He then challenged experts and participants to come out with workable recommendations that would form the road map for the development of the sector.

One of the participants and also a lecturer in the University of Ibadan, Olugbenga Okunola, stated that papers were being presented by resource persons in the areas of petroleum and hydrocarbon potential of Ogun State, and effective solid mineral development with emphasis on favourable government policies, favourable mining laws and security among others.

The Ogun State commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Bimbo Ashiru, also added that Ogun State’s abundance of mineral resources, which remained untapped, hold the key to its economic development, especially in the face of the dwindling prices of crude in the international market.

It is, however, believed that while Government is looking into the solid mineral sector, activities of players would be adequately checked to safeguard the environment from further degradation.

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/12/04/ogun-state-government-to-focus-on-solid-mineral-development/

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by gists: 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
asha80:
While this is not a thread for electric power problem, let me just chip in a word.
I agree partially with the first half of your point. i.e any power generation plant should take care of the distribution area it was sited.
BUT you still need a national grid to export excess power so other areas can tap from. It is not always economical for every area to generate its own electricity. It may also be necessary for an area with its own power plant to take power from other places - maybe due to natural disaster or something. So the electrical network should have some flexibility for such maneuvering. The transmission losses are minimal just that our network is just trash. Everywhere I have been to have a national grid.
But again I completely agree with your first submission.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Flyoruboy1: 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
edogirl2:

I see a lot of kids getting into meaningless arguments with Easterners about oil in Lagos, oil in Ondo state, bla bla.

The oil in Ondo cannot support the SW economy from Badagry in Lagos to Ifon in Ondo state.

Manufacturing will play a key role in driving SW regional economy. For that it will be Lagos and Ogun, and to a lower level, Oyo.

Just an example, Dangote's refinery in Lagos will employ thousands of people directly, most of whom will earn over 100k per month. The multiplier effect on the Lagos economy will be huge.

The SW can attract big investments because t is relatively peaceful. Now, we just need to go back to prioritising education.

You absolutely correct. Dangote is also building a refinery in Ondo as well, which he claims will generate 10,000 direct jobs in the state (http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/dangote-refinery-to-begin-operation-2018/). Now that's A LOT of jobs right there. Am glad though that the country is beginning to shift from a mono-economy dependent majorly on Oil and is now taking the non-oil sector and its potential more seriously. And I also agree with you on education, though I believe we are already on the right track in that respect. Education is the key to a secure future.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Dollyak(f): 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
oduastates:
I cannot wait for Nigeria to break up. We have all we need to forge a great country.
The free spending consumers
Intelligent and well educated citizens
Hardworking and skilled artisans
Beautiful land for tourism
A liberal and enlightened society
A rich history
Yoruba religion and pilgrimages

The federal government is removing over N2 trillion from Lagos and giving 96 billion back .
They are probably removing as much from ogun . I doubt ogun is collecting royalties or derivation from the mining
No disrespect,Most of the insecurity and crime we are suffering is caused by outsiders
Many of our people are impoverished because we have to share what we have created with others.
Let the others go and share the oil but free us
This is the first time I see you talking about secession shocked. Yeah, they are pulling Yoruba states down.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Dollyak(f): 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
PPAngel:

In your heart you know that a separate state of Odua is not possible as you know the north will never let you go.

Your region will be turned into a province under an Emirate of Arewastan conveniently renamed Oduastan Province.

The north will provide the right northern candidate to head your emirate.

Enjoy.
Psychologically, you are trying to enrage the SW people against the north. We can see beyond the bullshiit tirade, so keep it moving.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2015
[size=14pt]Mahindra Expands Operations to Nigeria with Sango Ota plant[/size]

Mahindra Two Wheelers Limited, a member of the Mahindra Group has expanded its business operation to Nigeria with the launched of its two wheeler range in the country. Mahindra Group is a $16.9 billion automotive global business. The firm has also appointed M/s VIP Merchandise Enterprise Limited as its distributor for Mahindra two wheelers which includes the Mahindra Arro and the Centuro.

Speaking at the launch, Head Exports, Mahindra Two Wheelers Ltd Sandeep Singh said having undergone extensive testing in the lab, on the road and in the hands of consumers across India and Africa, Mahindra Two Wheelers' latest offerings are rated on high performance.
He said: "We are delighted to announce our foray into Nigeria with two of our exciting products. We are proud to present the new Mahindra Arro which boasts of Mahindra's DNA of a rugged product and a technologically advanced engine that is both powerful and efficient. The Mahindra Arro is a motorcycle that is specially built to suit the needs and preferences of commercial users. After successful launches in key markets in East Africa, South Asia and Latin America, we are confident that our product will get acceptance and admiration from our customers in Nigeria. We are proud to partner with VIP Enterprise and are assured that their extensive knowledge and commitment will help us establish a strong presence in the two wheeler market here."

‎Also, a representative of VIP Merchandise Nigeria, Mr. Kishore Vashdev‎ said his company has been in the business of assembling and marketing automotive products for over a decade with a fully-functional assembly line to cater to the increasing demand of commuters. He said VIP has an expert team with international exposure, trained service professionals and a network of dealers and customers across the nation. Vashdev‎ said VIP has dedicated facilities for the sales, service and spare parts for Mahindra Two Wheelers, and a dedicated training-center to train mechanics and dealer technicians within Lagos. According to him, in Kano, VIP has another regional set-up with a spares warehouse and training center, solely aimed at catering to customers in northern Nigeria.

Its assembly plants in Sango-Ota-Ogun state and Kano are fully equipped and employ trained staff to assemble and roll out Mahindra Two-Wheelers under strict quality checks. He said, "We are pleased and excitedto partner with Mahindra Two Wheelers. Mahindra is one of the giants of the Indian automotive industry and isa globally reputed brand. We are confident that these products will be appreciated and enjoyed by our valued customers in Nigeria. Our network of dealers across the country, along with our state-of-the-art showrooms and workshop will ensure best in class experience and after-sales support and spares availability to our customers."
http://allafrica.com/stories/201508210239.html
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 12:02am On Aug 25, 2015
[size=13pt]Ogun State, Ikeja (Lagos state) were Nigeria's top manufacturers’ investment destinations in 2014[/size]
Ogun state was clear favourite, getting 78% of total industrial investments in Nigeria, 2014.

Ogun State and Ikeja Industrial Zone recorded largest investments from manufacturers in the first half of 2014, data from the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) have shown.
While Ogun, which is now Nigeria’s industrial hub, recorded N377 billion worth of investments within the period, Ikeja returned investments worth N39.86 billion.

Ogun State represents 78 percent of N483 billion worth of investments made in the whole of the manufacturing sector within the period under review, while Ikeja shares 8.3 percent. WOW! shocked
“This has revealed that the majority of manufacturing investments were directed towards Ogun industrial axis, which consists of Otta, Agbara, Ibafo/Mowe and Shagamu industrial areas,” said MAN, in its latest January to July 2014 economic review.

The data further show investments in Kano/Sharada/Challawa as N19.75 billion and those of Oyo/Ondo/Osun/Ekiti as N19.2 billion within the period under review. This was followed by Kano Bompai, where N9.4 billion investments were made and Anambra/Enugu that had N5.5 billion worth of investments. smiley Lobatan .....

Total investments in Bauchi/Benue/Plateau were put at N4.12 billion, while those of Edo/Delta were worth N4.54 billion.]
Furthermore, the data show Apapa in Lagos recorded N3.34 billion worth of investments within the period under review. Analysts have attributed this not-too-impressive investment estimate of Apapa to tough business environment in that part of Lagos. The area is notorious for port gridlocks and long hours of traffic jams caused by tanker drivers who lift premium motor spirit (PMS) from the area. “Getting to the ports has become an unprecedented nightmare; moving out of the ports is even a greater nightmare. The entire system has become totally dysfunctional and delivery of empty containers and the evacuation of cargo have become a terrifying experience,” said Remi Bello, president, Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry, in his July 2014 note.

Raw materials are often stuck at the ports for weeks, while export products are usually delayed owing to transport gridlocks, the manufacturers say. But investments in Kaduna were worth N371.2 million, while those of Imo/Abia were estimated at N309 million. Rivers State industrial zone reported the least investment record of N72.3 million, the data also show.

Manufacturers say many more investments can come to the sector if the business environment improves. Notable among issues that clog manufacturers’ investments are electricity supply hitches and high cost of funds. “The unstable supply of electricity, coupled with high cost of funds, has limited the potentials of the manufacturing sector at the mid-year,” MAN further said.

“However, these challenges have not prevented manufacturers from investing in the economy. The level of investment as shown across the sectors and zones indicates the confidence Nigerian manufacturers have on the economy,” MAN said. On the cost of funds, MAN suggested a development finance institution that will take care of the real sector credit demand, saying “this is necessary in view of the constraints that have been associated with the Bank of Industry’s capability to resove this critical issue in the productive sector of the economy.”
http://businessdayonline.com/2015/02/ogun-ikeja-top-manufacturers-investment-destinations-in-2014/

GO, OGUN STATE!! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by YonkijiSappo: 12:04am On Aug 25, 2015
wow!
Impressive

1 Like

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 12:18am On Aug 25, 2015
Mitros City development, Ogun State

Mitros City (Mission To Rebuild Ogun State), is a new master-planned community to be built on 2000 hectares of greenfield land. The project will be completed within a period of 6-7 years. The Project Managers are Lagos based African United Consultants (AUC), Traffic Consultants are Cairo Based, CGCE Shahin and the Urban Planners/Designers are, Place-Make.

The development will include residences, commercial buildings, industrial facilities, hospitality, tourism, institutions and communal environments. It is expected that Mitros City will ultimately cater for 180,000 residents. The city is not too distant from Lagos Metropolitan area, but also forms a new economic opportunity and identity for Ogun State. Accessibility to the site is of course strengthened by its frontage to the Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

This update follows the recent announcement that the Ogun State government have reached an agreement with UBA Construction Company to facilitate the development of the city. The development is being built on low lying land, prone to flooding from the Ogun River, however the river will be realigned and dredged, to address this constraint. The City was unveiled at the Ogun State Government Investment Forum in Abeokuta, held on the 21st and 22nd of May 2014

http://nigeriarealestatehub.com/ogun-seal-deal-to-develop-mitros-city.html/
http://archinect.com/place-make/project/mitros-city-ogun-state-nigeria
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 12:43am On Aug 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo, Egon I see you watching tenaciously
say something.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Christopher Ogiehor Murdered! Matthew Iduoriyekemwen Father-in-law Killed In Edo / FG’s 774,000 Jobs Begin Today / Nigerian Army Running Secret Mass Abortion Programme – Reuters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.