Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,092 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Ideas Rule The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ideas Rule The World (405 Views)

PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida / 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ideas Rule The World by torontoboy(m): 9:36am On May 19, 2015
Could'nt find the appropriate section for this, so this section will have to do!
The issue is about what i've percieved with Africans or black people in general.

This great lady helps me capture the right words:

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

I've found this to be so true in almost any fora where black people congregate.

For the average Nigerian, it's about this celebrity this or that, what they wore & how they wore it. It's about their cars, houses etc.

Even with the politicians, the main issue of addressing real concerns of the Nation are always pushed aside and character assasination, mud slinging etc always take center page.

The reason the white man has gone far basically is because ideas take center stage at least for the formative years of their development.

Alas they are also now more into the mundane as well.

If you want to go far, let ideas preoccupy and dominate your mind instead of people and events!

Black man, who shall deliver thee?

(1) (Reply)

Danger: Recreating The Future Using Dreams / ] PDP National Chairman Mu’azu Resigns, Secondus Takes Over / So This Is Jonathan's Plan For Us At The End.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.