Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,051 members, 7,845,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name (38231 Views)

IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu To Drag Buhari, Security Agencies To UN, ICC / Akwa-Ibom Lawyers Drag Buhari To Court Over NDDC Appointment / Official Portrait Of Buhari As He Drops General Title From May 29 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by porka: 11:22pm On May 19, 2015
[size=16pt]Barrister Adegboruwa, Buhari is just a scammer.

Imam Buhari has been scamming Nigerians for long.

The way he used that General thing one would think he was a four-star general.

No other two-star general (Major General) in Nigeria has been so elevated by the gullible public as this Imam.

Even very senior military officers who left the army as three star generals like Lt. Gen T.Y. Danjuma, Lt. Gen Alani Akinrinade, Lt. Gen Jerry Useni etc were not elevated by the media and the public to general overnight.

Meanwhile, all other Major Generals are being addressed as such. Even though he correctly refers to himself as Major General, Buhari was not on record anywhere to have corrected the apparent misinformation by his 'worshipers'.

Perhaps it is the guilt that made the Chief Imam give such instruction. He should have corrected them on the 'general' title similarly.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by porka: 11:23pm On May 19, 2015
Smalles:
All this charge and bail lawyers looking for cheep publicity , what's his own with Buhari's name if Buhari likes let him change his name to Johanatan Mohammadu Buhari , dats left for him to decide cos we are not after his name but the what he has to offer to develope our beloved country Nigeria. If Buhari likes let him convert to a Christian it's his choice so long as he will do what is expected of him.

[size=16pt]They are talking of title not name.[/size]
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by yomzzy(m): 11:36pm On May 19, 2015
This one na busy body lawyer..mtecwww. nonsense

1 Like

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by porka: 11:37pm On May 19, 2015
charlesucheh:
So it's true that Lawyers in Nigeria are no longer relevant! Choi! Jst imagine this mr Learned colleague trying to own his own chamber by pursuing a case that is not worth it. If he's looking for cases, he should go out there and fight the repression of the surbordinate class in the society, he should fight for the ordinary man who has no lawyer and he's been opressed arbitrarily. until then, oga lawyer!!! Your bearing as a Learned colleague is still missing. JONZING MAN.

[size=16pt]You certainly do not have an idea of who Ebunolu Adegboruwa is.

Google him.

He single handedly won a case against Fashola's Lekki Bridge Toll gate ripoff (now on appeal).

http://www.punchng.com/news/court-bans-tolls-collection-on-lekki-ikoyi-bridge/

He's been around and one of the boldest lawyers around fighting for the 'common' man.

He is merely sounding out the Imam to get ready for 'battle'. Starting from his title should be enough 'war cry'.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by Ibrahim28(m): 11:44pm On May 19, 2015
AKPOS ESQ

1 Like

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by lupey: 12:06am On May 20, 2015
InMyOpinion:
[size=14pt]mmm....This man's looking for attention left right & centre - isnt it this same Ebun-Olu Adegoruwa guy that took Lagos state government to court on account of restriction of movement during environmental sanitation days? I think he should clear that one first before taking on the president-elect.

@Lupey--joo advise your 'learned' colleague[/size]

Lol...you have been so persistent. Your name always pops up in my timeline smiley I appreciate your consistency, really.
And @topic, lol...he's probably seeking cheap publicity. He would be alright cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by Forwetinnah: 12:40am On May 20, 2015
That Old fossil from Daura was never a general. .he bamboozled his way to the top of the Nigerian Army
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by joyli: 7:06am On May 20, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy trek to lagoon

cycline404:
Here we are again!
Attention seeking lawyers!!!

During election, GMB was so matured and smart!
They talked about Certificate he was watching, now they want to waste some printing papers in court, because he choose to drop General from his name.

I never heard Gen. Obasanjo during his time! I only heard President Obasanjo

Jobless lawyers! You had better join the trekkers!
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by Alal(m): 7:52am On May 20, 2015
E concern you, na your name.
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by donbenie(m): 8:30am On May 20, 2015
coolhamid:
The lawyer got some points up there... GMB shouldnt deny his past. A general will always be a general
The FO0L got no point,not being addressed as a General does not stop Buhari being a General,OBJ did the same and this W@NKER never raised hell,I believe there are more important things to worry about in this country than what a man chooses to be addressed as,1di0t is obviously seeking relevance..
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by bluaero(m): 8:58am On May 20, 2015
WombRaiders:
If you get rid of lawyers ad Journalists then you are not far from Utopia

You missed politicians and islamic extremists...
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by omolami: 9:11am On May 20, 2015
we ho cares? If he likes he can drop himself all I care. The reason of dropping Gen is to avoid new generation youth link him with his past. Again, it could be he did not merit the rank since he has no WAEC.
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by hmuhammad(m): 9:57am On May 20, 2015
Charge and bail lawyer!!!

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by Joeoku78: 10:08am On May 20, 2015
The name in Obasanjo's official portrait as president from 1999 - 2007 was OLUSEGUN OBASANJO without the title GENERAL
Why did the lawyer not sue Obasanjo then ?
So Buhari is right while the lawyer is looking for recognition from redundancy
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by charlesucheh(m): 10:17am On May 20, 2015
porka:

[size=16pt]You certainly do not have an idea of who Ebunolu Adegboruwa is.

Google him.

He single handedly won a case against Fashola's Lekki Bridge Toll gate ripoff (now on appeal).

http://www.punchng.com/news/court-bans-tolls-collection-on-lekki-ikoyi-bridge/

He's been around and one of the boldest lawyers around fighting for the 'common' man.

He is merely sounding out the Imam to get ready for 'battle'. Starting from his title should be enough 'war cry'.[/size]
I hear!!! I've got better things to google about than wasting my mega byte on one lawyer that's bent on downgrading his CV rather than upgrading. With the aforementioned profile of him, he still went ahead pursuing the change of Buhari's title haba!!! How would that change the price of GARRI and RICE in the market na?
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by sweetgala(m): 10:20am On May 20, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
For some Lawyers, when there is no job, just pick up a futile cause and publicize it and then you like a celeb to some

My cousin that is a lawyer told me that he doesn't see anything special with someone like Festu Kenyam, that he is just a noisemaker grin

I laugh tire that day.

You knows say INEC done spoil market for plenty lawyers. There are very few election tribunals
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by charlesucheh(m): 10:27am On May 20, 2015
An opposition lawyer who will not give up will follow the dead body to the grave. Check his profile; fighting the APC since 2012.
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by omolami: 11:07am On May 20, 2015
Lawyer don't have work. The bar should suspend him immediately.
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by front247: 11:09am On May 20, 2015
Wetin concern u ogbeni lawyer
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by olaoluwa91: 1:27pm On May 20, 2015
u get money to waste abi,,,if u like add general for ur own name
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by ednoville(m): 9:50am On May 21, 2015
vajayi:
hi edwin,na busola be ds o,happy birthday,tried reachinhg u to wish u a happy birthday,no way to get across,Nairaland found u 4 me,last week was bisola's bday,nd next week is Nosa's.u remember me now?sent u a pm already
wow! Busola, where have you been nice hearing from you after a long time? What happened to your Facebook page? Can u pls send me your phone number to edwinobaje@gmail.com lemme give u a call, thanks for the birthday message, wow u in touch with Nosa? Its quite a while, I still have Bisola on my FB, lets talk more when I receive your contact thru my email, have a great day dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun / Buhari With French President, Emmanuel Macron At One Planet Summit (Photo) / Give Muslims Their Own 1st January Public Holiday - MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.