Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:42 AM

My Father Used To Have A Nickname As A Youth - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Used To Have A Nickname As A Youth (1220 Views)

I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me / My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father Used To Have A Nickname As A Youth by zomoears(m): 12:19am On May 20, 2015
The headmaster was once a schoolboy. The teacher was once a student. Your father was once a teenager, then a youth.

I ran into my father and his peers sitting out together, sharing banters and calling each other names from the past. It's a welcome sight to see these senior citizens catch hearty moments and even throw obscene jokes at each other. Their jokes were so obscene you would have to put it in "sexuality section" if it were to be on nairaland. Life, the say, is in stages.

As I sat with them, one thing struck me. These "old boys" used to have wicked nicknames. The other one was called "baby but why", and the story behind the name is even more hilarious, something to do with a heartbreak in school. Another was called "Crackers".A bearded old man in his sixties responded to the name "buran tashi", and I was like "what the ****!". "Suspense" was the nickname of another sixty something year old man, and as the night grew older, I began to see my father a different man. His own nickname even got me rolling. "High-sky" was his nickname in school. apparently, he got high once n said stuff about the sky. Another of my father's mate was called "Agbegilodo" cos of d shape of his head. These guys had a life afterall! They are not the "boring old men" I used to think they were. It's just that time had pulled a fast one on them.

All my life, my father and mother have tried to be role models so we can have reasonable examples to copy from. They moulded us with love and care and guarded their conducts so much you would think they were perfect.This one night out with my old man and his peers helped to change the way I look at my parents, in a good way. Back in school I was almost saintly, thinking that nicknames were for bad boys. But alas, respectable and responsible old men in their sixties once had nicknames in their twenties, and they still turned out right by societal standards.

My father once had a nickname as a youth. I have a nickname too! And my child would get to know d name soon enough, and I would give him one if he doesn't chose for himself.

Source: my brain
Re: My Father Used To Have A Nickname As A Youth by acenazt: 12:26am On May 20, 2015
Yeah my dad had one. His friends still call him BULLET.
Re: My Father Used To Have A Nickname As A Youth by zomoears(m): 12:27am On May 20, 2015
acenazt:
Yeah my dad had one. His friends still call him BULLET.

Did u ask for d story behind d name?

Chai, bullet!
Re: My Father Used To Have A Nickname As A Youth by lordprosh(m): 12:31am On May 20, 2015
Nice one... Not sure if m dad had a nickname but I knw he had an awesome time growing up
He was a "BAD BOY" no party was successful without his crew...
Had chains of gfs
He was also vry hard-working(still is)
I just can't describe his youth age... But he did rock tinx but now
He frowns @ almost everytin... Nd I sometimes wonder "dude u had a nice time lemme enjoy myn"
But I know he loves his children nd he doesn't want us to make d mistakes he made...
I LOVE U DAD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Father Used To Have A Nickname As A Youth by zomoears(m): 12:58am On May 20, 2015
lordprosh:
Nice one... Not sure if m dad had a nickname but I knw he had an awesome time growing up
He was a "BAD BOY" no party was successful without his crew...
Had chains of gfs
He was also vry hard-working(still is)
I just can't describe his youth age... But he did rock tinx but now
He frowns @ almost everytin... Nd I sometimes wonder "dude u had a nice time lemme enjoy myn"
But I know he loves his children nd he doesn't want us to make d mistakes he made...
I LOVE U DAD

He lived his life. He can't live urs.

Am glad u realise that his actions r out of love and the desire to protect u. But u need to live ur life n make ur own mistakes too. He can only guide and advise u last last...

1 Like

Re: My Father Used To Have A Nickname As A Youth by Tycyborg(m): 1:02am On May 20, 2015
zomoears:

Chai, bullet!
i love that name and if i were you, i would rush to my father to teach me how to carry on the bullet legacy man lol

1 Like

Re: My Father Used To Have A Nickname As A Youth by Abflame: 2:15am On May 20, 2015
Tycyborg:

i love that name and if i were you, i would rush to my father to teach me how to carry on the bullet legacy man lol

Lol
Re: My Father Used To Have A Nickname As A Youth by lordprosh(m): 6:06am On May 20, 2015
zomoears:

He lived his life. He can't live urs.

Am glad u realise that his actions r out of love and the desire to protect u. But u need to live ur life n make ur own mistakes too. He can only guide and advise u last last...
Well said but he had fun with plenty of mistakes
He paid some heavy price which will be too costly in this generation
Tho av drawn the line to how much he can care but am living a very simple life.. NO SMOKING, DRINKING, WOMANIZING, CLUBING nd so on...and I tell yhu am enjoying my life...

My dad used to be an heavy drinker he tot he got away but years into hus new life he had diabetics we almost lost him but thank GOD for JESUS and my SUPER MUM his alive and living fine today... Sometime I look @ him and realize he probably said "u lived urs lemme live mine too" to his dad too
Re: My Father Used To Have A Nickname As A Youth by acenazt: 10:12am On May 20, 2015
zomoears:

Chai, bullet!
my brother him yarn me say the tori no get subtitle for my ears.

1 Like

Re: My Father Used To Have A Nickname As A Youth by freecocoa(f): 10:41am On May 20, 2015
My dad was and is still called piccolo, the name came as a result of his voice, he is also called Finisher by some of his peers as a result of his football skills/goal scoring abilities, sometimes he says "if only football paid in our time, all you get then was oranges for playing well"cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Father Used To Have A Nickname As A Youth by zomoears(m): 12:04pm On May 20, 2015
freecocoa:
My dad was and is still called piccolo, the name came as a result of his voice, he is also called Finisher by some of his peers as a result of his football skills/goal scoring abilities, sometimes he says "if only football paid in our time, all you get then was oranges for playing well"cheesy

When I saw finisher, my mind strayed for a while...like, bad guy things, until I got to the football part...lol.

But have u ever imagined what he was like with the ladies of his time?

(1) (Reply)

Unbelieveable True Love Story In This Generaltion You Never Heard Of Till Now / What Could Be His Motive? / My Father And The Jamb Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.