Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! (32153 Views)

My Husband Not Talking To Me, Because I Gave A Man Wrong Number / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ / I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Befitting(f): 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
Hey Nairalanders, your advice and kind words might help me to get through with this challenge I'm having.
I graduated from the university early this year, immediately after my graduation my alma mata embarked on a 5months strike. As a result of this, I moved to lagos to enroll in a fashion and design academy, with the hope that immediately after the strike, we'll get our result and go for NYSC. The going was good until I received my result with a spill. I had just a course to rewrite, I thought the school will wave it since it was just one course so I decided to work it out but that didn't work. This resulted with me been left out when some of my mates are already in camp now. The feeling is devastating.
Now, I'm back home to rewrite the course. My father is really angry with, he said I've brought shame upon him and myself and he'll never forgive me. According to him, he has never failed in his life so why would I? He's making it look as if he sent me to school and I just played with his money. I feel like a failure and disappointment. I don't know what to do...feel like running away cos this man is terrible!!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Jackeeh(m): 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
He has never failed in his life? Haha! What a laugh! Your dad must be a comedian.
TO PARENTS : before ur child becomes a graduate,a corps member,a doctor,a nurse,a lawyer,an engineer etc, he or she was/is first and foremost, YOUR CHILD! YOUR CHILD! Take away every other status and he or she still remains your child. Every Parent should strive to support and encourage their kids.
A little anger and disappointment is permitted,followed up with support and encouragement.
OP be calm. Ure still alive so there's hope. Study harder and u will surely scrape through the next time. Then u will find favor in daddy's eyes again.

141 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Mogenerous(f): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
Hmmmm... Do your thing. Mistakes are bound to happen, records are bound to be broken. If your Dad claims he has never failed in his life, then he isn't a successful man. Every success story has been through a phase of failure at a point in time no matter how little. You aren't God, i'm sure you didn't decide to fail on purpose. Fine, he might be sad and devastated, but he should remember that its you who has to bear the waste of time and go back to school while your mates are in camp. I would just say you should give him time, he prolly didn't mean those word. #MyPersonalOpinion

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by mustapha111(m): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:
Hey Nairalanders, your advice and kind words might help me to get through with this challenge I'm having.
I graduated from the university early this year, immediately after my graduation my alma mata embarked on a 5months strike. As a result of this, I moved to lagos to enroll in a fashion and design academy, with the hope that immediately after the strike, we'll get our result and go for NYSC. The going was good until I received my result with a spill. I had just a course to rewrite, I thought the school will wave it since it was just one course so I decided to work it out but that didn't work. This resulted with me been left out when some of my mates are already in camp now. The feeling is devastating.
Now, I'm back home to rewrite the course. My father is really angry with, he said I've brought shame upon him and myself and he'll never forgive me. According to him, he has never failed in his life so why would I? He's making it look as if he sent me to school and I just played with his money. I feel like a failure and disappointment. I don't know what to do...feel like running away cos this man is terrible!!
Just ignore him when he says the hurtful things. Keep calm and write the exam, this is just a phase that won't last. You should realize that things doesn't always go as planned and you can't go back to change the past. Being someone that has been through a rough past with family due to certain failure, i know for a fact that he would get over it when you finally finish.

10 Likes

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by thorpido(m): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
Your dad is obviously upset but he won't be for ever.Just focus on re-writing your exam and be seen to be focused by your dad.With time he will cool down.
Your dad says he has never failed in his life.I believe it is in exams which is possible but he must have failed in other things.Try and get on the side of your mum and get her support.

10 Likes

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Aminat508(f): 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
Please check this link,Light need your help

https://www.nairaland.com/2517785/save-light-great-fighterPlease

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by nairalandbuzz(m): 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ok
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by California30(m): 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
Don't worry.
When you start getting cool money now, he will deny & swear he never said it.

22 Likes

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by psychologist(m): 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ok

Get well soon messi and chelsea

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Mogidi: 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
You can prove your dad wrong by working hard.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Marksule(m): 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
I think your dad is Upset, give him some time and try Pleading for forgiveness later
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by allanphash7(m): 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
So Nairaland is now Gboromiro

Ok

Kontinu

2 Likes

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by cyara(f): 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
Just calm down, don't run away, he will surely get over it
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by ggrin(f): 4:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
Scam alert!!!!!!!!!!He's not your real father angry

10 Likes

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by sexaddict08(m): 4:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
Maybe it's his dream for his child to serve. Didn't u see it in him before? Maybe he didn't have d opportunity to serve during his time.
beg him n promise him you'll still go
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
Just go and marry..Thank me later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by onosprince(m): 4:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
Runaway... He will come and beg you
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by joystickextend1(m): 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
okay
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by twosquare(m): 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
Give thanks to God, in everything. Spilling is not the end of the world. Just make sure you pass the course this time around. What if you go this year and never return? God knows all things. The real thing is after service. Pray to God to see you through, and the journey you're meant to walk in twenty years will turn to a month... Favour is the answer. Keep winning.
Befitting:

3 Likes

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by WhiZTiM(m): 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ya father is a hard man
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by joystickextend1(m): 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
okay..
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by CherishedIma(f): 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
Try and sit your father down and talk to him and also get your mum to talk to him too. That you didn't go for service this year is not the end of the world or end of your life. So why is he calling you a failure when you are not dead yet.

What if you had died before service year, [GOD FORBID]he will say he will not forgive you for dying abi. It is well with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Romanciella(f): 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
He's just mean no offense
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by medamillion(m): 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
Gh
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by 1k001(m): 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
'The only people who never fail are those who never try' - Ilka Chase

Your father is upset, he will get over it with time. Just calm down, learn from the situation and be better next time. What determines success is not succeeding at everything but persisting wisely at the most important things despite any failure.

3 Likes

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by crackhouse(m): 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ur father is fvc.king lying liar
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by mindboggler: 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
Focus on your exams and make sure you pass it. Then make money and make more money. Na then e go dey call you beta pikin.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by activelyA(f): 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
You want to know what to do

Bear it!!!!
Many people have got worst fathers on earth.
Many wished instead of having a dead father they would have yours who will send them to school.

Many would love to have a dad who is not sewing his wild oat In women and forgetting their responsibilities...

Some of the successful people you see today went through this phase with their parents. So it is not new, what will be new is you not bearing it.

So face your book and come out
well
If you succeed now, your dad will say he motivated you and will call you his daughter! African parents, that just the normal way it goes for them. undecided

Oh well undecided

6 Likes

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Sweetyie(f): 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
Eeyah, OP I feel ur pains, sometimes wey my parents shout at me over irrelevant things, it hurts me. But I just get over it by visiting either the romance or literature section of nairaland

1 Like

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by deramarks(f): 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
GOD has 4givin u which is all dat matas u know what? Re_write d course b determined u'll still serve nd make him know dat before a man bcomes a sucess he has to exprience. Failure way to go every dissapointment is a blessing quote me any where
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by stonecoldcafe: 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:
Its okay, don't be sad. If you can, continue with your fashion work since its just 1 course you are re writing. Find somewhere and continue even if na apprentice for person.

Reason? Job market ndi harddddd!
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by yatch360: 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
All will find challenge in one aspect of life or another... Fathers are always hard on their sons expecting them to be better than they are...Esp first sons..it's normal op...he wld soon cool down
. just ensure u get thru this time without loosing belief in yourself.
I loved the fact u where already making good use of your time by learning a new skill. Thumbs up

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do I Need A Registry Marriage After A Church Marriage? Lawyers In The House / Pastor Abuses, Impregnates And Abandons Woman Seeking Spiritual Help / Man Finally Reunites With Sister After 25-years Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.