Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,975 members, 7,855,955 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 12:00 PM

Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? (4273 Views)

Stella Odua's Son Is Dead / From Odua To Oduastan Emirate. / Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? by seniorklop: 3:42pm On May 20, 2015
Which struggle are they talking about? Are the british still occupying yorubaland?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? by OduaVanguard: 3:44pm On May 20, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Pragmatic wisdom to you guys is surrendering without firing a single bullet as soon you saw Hausa soldiers.

While "bravery" and "courage" to you is being duped by a shameless "general" who flees from battle to the comforts of the Ivory Coast and abandons the same people he led into a needless war to their fate without a care for their survival.

I don't need to quote, manipulate or twist any documented sources to prove this point as it is common knowledge cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:20pm On May 20, 2015
OduaVanguard:

While "bravery" and "courage" to you is being duped by a shameless "general" who flees from battle to the comforts of the Ivory Coast and abandons the same people he led into a needless war to their fate without a care for their survival.

I don't need to quote, manipulate or twist any documented sources to prove this point as it is common knowledge cheesy

No, it's wisdom not to hand yourself over to your enemies to be used for Sallah sacrifice a la Abiola

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? by sweetgala(m): 9:19am On May 22, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Ewu n'ebe akwa my host have mercy. I will soon remove myself from your midst and relocate to the lagoon. Just don't come and claim the lagoon later after I develop it.

Lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy.
Ose, ose baba, ose baba

Lol

Develop it, who goes to develop another man's land at the expense of his.
The Yoruba are wise people , extremely tactful who know how to pick their fights, they resisted British authority where they needed to and sought the intelligence that lay at the British table likewise to gain an advantage.

A Yoruba man sees no need for rantings if you see an agbero and all Igbo Biafra urchins shouting know truely his tool is fear, a strong Yoruba man has no need for that as our fore fathers would say"speak softly but carry a big stick"
Re: Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? by jstbeinhonest(m): 7:12am On Nov 12, 2015
On a side note,i have learnt a lot on this thread.
Re: Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? by ShinnBet: 11:53am On Sep 20, 2020
Oduastan loading....

Amotekun is a joke
Re: Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2020
ShinnBet:
Oduastan loading....

Amotekun is a joke
Good morning o, are you still dreaming Mr osu
Re: Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? by DerideGull(m): 1:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
ALAAFIN ADEYEMI:

Resisted the Bombardment of Oyo by the British on the 12th of November 1895. Mediators in the conflict were - Father Verm Orelle, Rev S.G Pinnock, Rev Samuel Johnson etc

What the hell do you mean by resisted the bombardment of Oyo the British? Alaafin resisted with which weapon? I guess Alaafin equally bombarded Lagos which was the mainstay of British government. This is one of the problems I have with the loudmouths who think they have monopoly on recorded events.
Re: Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? by DerideGull(m): 1:44pm On Sep 20, 2020
Bigot, let me oblige you a bit.

SARAIBI OGEDENGBE AGBOGUBORO:

The Generalissimo of the Ekiti Parapo army during the sixteen years Yoruba Kiriji war. He was arrested by the British resident officer at Ilesa, Captain Bower after his confrontation with the latter

Is the above the same OGEDENGBE the famous wrestler discovered during the Yoruba Kiriji wrestling contest? Yoruba peeps have loudmouth. So he was even arrested by a British when we were told nobody could even see him during the wrestling contest.
Re: Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2020

Ok mention one pre-colonial figure from odua

Mention one from Igboland. And don't hide under that SS and SE crap you yeebos craft when you want to take glory that doesn't belong to you.
Re: Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? by DerideGull(m): 2:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
scholes0:

Your forefathers were known to either be stark naked or semi-naked before the coming of the Brits..... You can go back to their ways while at it.

I guess your forefathers with teared faces wore clothes dropped from the sky by the Europeans. The only famous solid clothe making depot in the protectorate was a place known as Akwette and it was certainly not in Yoruba land where people wore dried leaves of water weed. I spent considerable time in Yoruba land digging for history. This is the reason I laughed at any goofy Yoruba chap that claim S. Ajayi Crowther as a Yoruba.
Re: Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? by DerideGull(m): 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2020
Awujale ademuyewo afidipote with the Governor of the Lagos Crown Colony, Thomas Gilbert Carter, after the Anglo-Ijebu war of 1892

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/2430600_awujaleafidipote_jpeg3a099d01648a41e4bf490037cdbc25b7

The pictures always tell the truth of any situation. In this picture even blind man can see that so-called Awujale ademuyewo afidipote was so ordinary that police man with umbrella only made sure the it protected only the Governor of the Lagos Crown Colony, Thomas Gilbert Carter, of the Carter bridge in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plateau State Presidential Elections Results By Premium Times / EndSARS Protests: Enugu Government Suspends Curfew / See What A Northern Wrote About NNAMDI KANU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.