Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,660 members, 7,809,496 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

The Coming Of Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Coming Of Christ (16833 Views)

The Coming Back Of Jesus: How To Be Prepared As A Christian / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Coming Of Christ by MrPresident1: 10:57pm On May 20, 2015
[b]This Shemittah year 2015, the celebration of Shavuot and the Pentecost fall on the same day.

The Shavuot is commemorated as the time when YAH gave the Torah to Moses, on tables of stone, while Pentecost is celebrated as the time when the Holy Spirit was given to the Disciples of Jesus to enable them spread the Gospel, and also establish the Church i.e. Pentecost is the Birthday of the church.

This year 2015, both the Jewish Shavuot and the Christian Pentecost fall on the same day; Shavuot 2015 is from sundown of 23rd May to sundown of 25th May, while Pentecost is on Sunday 24th May.
Both Shavuot and Pentecost are shadows of the promise:

Collosians 2:16-17
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The Law was initially given on tables of stone, but when Christ returns, the Law will be written in our hearts, and we will have the inability to sin. All our previous sins will be forgiven, and it will be a forever of everlasting bliss and ease and peace, only for those whom Christ finds worthy when He returns

Jeremiah 31:33-34
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Hebrews 8:10-11
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Christ is the Word of God, the Law of God, and the coming of Christ simply is the writing of the Law of God in our hearts, automatically conferring us with the inability to sin anymore. A software upgrade.

Revelations 19:13
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
[/b]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coming Of Christ by MrPresident1: 10:59pm On May 20, 2015
Psalm 25:14
14 The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

And there it is, given to you, the arrival date of Jesus Christ triangulated into 72 hours, May 23rd to May 25th 2015.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coming Of Christ by MrPresident1: 2:43pm On May 21, 2015
Where are my brothers?

Sukkot, Uncle MostHigh, Doubledx, MEILYN.

Men of faith, character, patience, charisma, candour, integrity, and love.

This place gets lonely without you;

Hebrews 10:25
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

The mystery of the day has been revealed, and it is fast approaching.

Come Brothers, let us break bread again. cry

2 Likes

Re: The Coming Of Christ by plaetton: 2:48pm On May 21, 2015
MrPresident1:
Where are my brothers?

Sukkot, Uncle MostHigh, Doubledx, MEILYN.

Men of faith, character, patience, charisma, candour, integrity, and love.

This place gets lonely without you;

Hebrews 10:25
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

The mystery of the day has been revealed, and it is fast approaching.

Come Brothers, let us break bread again. cry
Amadioha lekwa !

Just imagine what an African mind clogs his mind with.
Chai.
Who did this to us? undecided

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Coming Of Christ by johnydon22(m): 4:06pm On May 21, 2015
plaetton:
Amadioha lekwa !
Just imagine what an African mind clogs his mind with. Chai. Who did this to us? undecided
And he is quoting hebrews chapter 10 and not yorubas or igbos chapter 10grin

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Coming Of Christ by simplex2: 4:20pm On May 21, 2015
johnydon22:

And he is quoting hebrews chapter 10 and not yorubas or igbos chapter 10grin

And he is calling his fellow 'hebrews' to come path him in the back and hail his undying wisdom in unlocking the mystery of the 2nd coming.

Misery really loves company cheesy

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Coming Of Christ by johnydon22(m): 4:26pm On May 21, 2015
simplex2:

And he is calling his fellow 'hebrews' to come path him in the back and hail his undying wisdom in unlocking the mystery of the 2nd coming.

Misery really loves company cheesy

Amadioha is coming back..

Okoro 1:23 and the time of amadioha is at hand

Okeke 12:25 and make ur path clear for amadioha the god of thunder.

Edem 16:2 and amadioha will come in glory

ugwu 21:8 and the time shall come when with a flash and rumble and chaos amadioha will come to save the world..

if it was in this format, then an africoid like me would actually have deemed it worth listening to.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Coming Of Christ by simplex2: 4:44pm On May 21, 2015
^^ you no well at all cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Coming Of Christ by plaetton: 5:12pm On May 21, 2015
MrPresident1:
14 The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

And there it is, given to you, the arrival date of Jesus Christ triangulated into 72 hours, May 23rd to May 25th 2015.
Mrpresident1, are you mocking or preaching?
Which one you dey set?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Coming Of Christ by MrPresident1: 5:22pm On May 21, 2015
plaetton:

Mrpresident1, are you mocking or preaching?
Which one you dey set?

Luke 16:31
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

2 Likes

Re: The Coming Of Christ by johnydon22(m): 6:22pm On May 21, 2015
MrPresident1:

And there it is, given to you, the arrival date of Jesus Christ triangulated into 72 hours, [size=20]May 23rd to May 25th 2015.[/size]

Oh really?? cheesy **Checks date**

Today is 21st May 2015... Now let us wait for 23rd and 25th to pass and see if Jesus will postpone his arrival.. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Coming Of Christ by gatiano(m): 7:09pm On May 21, 2015
Your mind is of the weakest. It has a very tiny or no space.
johnydon22:

Oh really?? cheesy **Checks date**

Today is 21st May 2015... Now let us wait for 23rd and 25th to pass and see if Jesus will postpone his arrival.. grin
Re: The Coming Of Christ by johnydon22(m): 7:13pm On May 21, 2015
gatiano:
Your mind is of the weakest. It has a very tiny or no space.

Really? grin

Would you like to give ur own date too
Re: The Coming Of Christ by gatiano(m): 7:20pm On May 21, 2015
You think atheism is prestigious. Well, I don't know much dates, It is 1914 that I know a world ended. If not, You won't have been abale to spell your name how much less know the meaning of atheism.
johnydon22:

Really? grin

Would you like to give ur own date too
Re: The Coming Of Christ by johnydon22(m): 7:23pm On May 21, 2015
gatiano:
You think atheism is prestigious. Well, I don't know much dates, It is 1914 that I know a world ended. If not, You won't have been [size=20]abale[/size] to spell your name how much less know the meaning of atheism.
at least i can spell [size=20]Able[/size] ..lmao.. cheesy

And what dah heck brought atheism into this

#Sighs... I already know, when it comes to gatiano, it is called Elijah Muhammed...chai grin... **Strolls out of thread** smiley

1 Like

Re: The Coming Of Christ by gatiano(m): 7:39pm On May 21, 2015
Yes oo, Brother, Na me be that. Good that you can spell name, but your mind is still tiny to joke about my simple mistake. However, Thank you for correcting me. I am not strolling out of tread, I only stated your mindset.
johnydon22:

at least i can spell [size=20]Able[/size] ..lmao.. cheesy

And what dah heck brought atheism into this

#Sighs... I already know, when it comes to gatiano, it is called Elijah Muhammed...chai grin... **Strolls out of thread** smiley
Re: The Coming Of Christ by Rilwayne001: 8:04pm On May 21, 2015
MrPresident1:

lol grin

Wey sukkot sef?
Re: The Coming Of Christ by Hiswordxray(m): 8:14pm On May 21, 2015
When would you people stop predicting the date of Jesus coming and focus on other things.
Yes Jesus said he is coming soon but soon can be any time. It can even be 2,000 years later, remember Peter said a day is like a 1,000 years to God.

Just stop predicting Jesus coming and let focus on the growth of the Church. Peter also said we can quicken the coming of Christ. May be we could do this by focusing on how the Church can grow into fullness maturity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coming Of Christ by johnw74: 3:27am On May 22, 2015
At least MrPresident1 is looking forward to the second coming of Christ.

Jud 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jud 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

1 Like

Re: The Coming Of Christ by sonmvayina(m): 12:16pm On May 22, 2015
johnw74:

Jud 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

that your quote means he has not even come the first time, they are still waiting for him to come......you just shot yourself in the foot..
Re: The Coming Of Christ by MrPresident1: 11:02pm On May 22, 2015
The Pentecost moment of reawakening and self realisation

2 Likes

Re: The Coming Of Christ by johnw74: 3:24am On May 23, 2015
sonmvayina:

that your quote means he has not even come the first time, they are still waiting for him to come......you just shot yourself in the foot..

Those verses were written by Jude and Peter long after Jesus ascended to heaven

They are talking off the last times, the last days, before the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Don't go handling any guns.

johnw74:

Re: The Coming Of Christ by MrPresident1: 9:53pm On May 24, 2015
I did not use any arbitrary logic to arrive at the dates I triangulated for the arrival of Christ, as a scientist, I used data.

The Bible is not the story of the creation of the world, the Bible is the story of the 'creation of man in the image and likeness of God'. The meaning is that man was given the codes and laws that would make him function on the level of God, and God did this by revealing Himself to man through His laws/word. The Word of God is the Spirit of God. And God breathed this spirit into man, and man became a living soul. It is the breath/word/law of God that made man a living soul. These Laws were written on tables of stone.

Genesis 2:7
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
John 6:63
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

After man was formed, he was given a command to 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth'. On the surface it means to procreate, but more deeply, it was a command to the 'first' man to go and teach other men the knowledge of God, to civilise other men, to show them the path to God, to make more men like himself.

When the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples of Jesus at Pentecost, it was for the same purpose, to proclaim the Word to the world, to make disciples of all men, to establish the Church wherein is neither Jew nor Gentile.

Acts 2:4,41
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

The giving of the Torah on tables of stone at Shavuot, and the Holy Spirit on the disciples at Pentecost was for the same purpose, and according to Collosians 2:17, all feasts (Including Shavuot and Pentecost) are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The first covenant was of Laws written on tables of stone, the latter covenant will be of laws written in the hearts of men; the former being a shadow of the latter, all following the same pattern (and timing).

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

1 Like

Re: The Coming Of Christ by dd12345: 11:50am On May 25, 2015
MrPresident1:

TO MR PRESIDENT1; i concurred with all youve said...i bear witness to it...to the date..eventhough i didnt know about all your calculations...i knew the lord was coming this year to bring change to the body of christ which is his church...and particularly i have been very sober as the lord rebuked me at the beginning of this year or miss His VISITATION...since then i have been patiently expecting his visitation...entering this month of MAY...I became unusually expectant of his coming ...because He is coming again to awakening His CHURCH from slumber...i can bear witness that he came at that exact date you stated...for me ooo...yesterday CHURCH SERVICE WAS AWESOME...I KNOW HE CAME YESTERDAY...AND I WAS SO HAPPY I DIDNT MISS HIS VISITATION...

@ hiswordxray and many other spiritually minded christian...you just have to look within your spirit..the holy spirit within you to confirm this...NO DOUBT THAT JESUS WILL COME BACK AGAIN...but before this coming back in the natural..he would have come several times in the spirit to help his CHURCH which is his spirit...

1 Like

Re: The Coming Of Christ by dd12345: 12:02pm On May 25, 2015
Hiswordxray:
When would you people stop predicting the date of Jesus coming and focus on other things.
Yes Jesus said he is coming soon but soon can be any time. It can even be 2,000 years later, remember Peter said a day is like a 1,000 years to God.

Just stop predicting Jesus coming and let focus on the growth of the Church. Peter also said we can quicken the coming of Christ. May be we could do this by focusing on how the Church can grow into fullness maturity.

@ hiswordxray, Man of God, pls dont look in the physical first, look in the spirit, check the holy spirit within you...JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD WILL KEEP COMING SEASON UPON SEASON in the spirit to strengthen his church for the task ahead...He came/coming this season to bring change upon his church...for the days ahead...terrible times are ahead and HIS CHURCH HAS TO GROW STRONGER AND STRONGER.

I have read most of your posts and comments, and know you have a great depth in God's knowledge...

if you are interested in growing in God counsel or knowledge more or anybody interested; i recommend this site for you http://thispresenttruth..com

for more...kindly send me your BB pin...

1 Like

Re: The Coming Of Christ by dd12345: 12:32pm On May 25, 2015
Hiswordxray:

@ hiswordxray...the essence of His coming now in this season is to achieve what youve said.. how the Church can grow into fullness maturity

and to coming out strong of the great tribulation that is coming upon the earth very soon...there are terrible times coming and Christ is coming to SEAL his church ...his people to survive those times

1 Like

Re: The Coming Of Christ by Tgirl4real(f): 1:39pm On May 25, 2015
MrPresident1:

Ohh! Not again!

1 Like

Re: The Coming Of Christ by Tgirl4real(f): 1:41pm On May 25, 2015
MrPresident1:
I did not use any arbitrary logic to arrive at the dates I triangulated for the arrival of Christ, as a scientist, I used data.

The Bible is not the story of the creation of the world, the Bible is the story of the 'creation of man in the image and likeness of God'. The meaning is that man was given the codes and laws that would make him function on the level of God, and God did this by revealing Himself to man through His laws/word. The Word of God is the Spirit of God. And God breathed this spirit into man, and man became a living soul. It is the breath/word/law of God that made man a living soul. These Laws were written on tables of stone.

Genesis 2:7
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
John 6:63
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

After man was formed, he was given a command to 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth'. On the surface it means to procreate, but more deeply, it was a command to the 'first' man to go and teach other men the knowledge of God, to civilise other men, to show them the path to God, to make more men like himself.

When the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples of Jesus at Pentecost, it was for the same purpose, to proclaim the Word to the world, to make disciples of all men, to establish the Church wherein is neither Jew nor Gentile.

Acts 2:4,41
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

The giving of the Torah on tables of stone at Shavuot, and the Holy Spirit on the disciples at Pentecost was for the same purpose, and according to Collosians 2:17, all feasts (Including Shavuot and Pentecost) are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The first covenant was of Laws written on tables of stone, the latter covenant will be of laws written in the hearts of men; the former being a shadow of the latter, all following the same pattern (and timing).

Has the Holy Spirit fallen on you yet?
Re: The Coming Of Christ by dd12345: 2:52pm On May 25, 2015
Tgirl4real:

Has the Holy Spirit fallen on you yet?

WHAT IT MEANS...it is the sealing of God's people on the head by God...

Christ is the Word of God, the Law of God, and the coming of Christ simply is the writing of the Law of God in our hearts, automatically conferring us with the inability to sin anymore. A software upgrade.

1 Like

Re: The Coming Of Christ by Tgirl4real(f): 3:07pm On May 25, 2015
dd12345:

So, have you been upgraded yet?

What you do not know that is so glaring in scriptures is that God writes His laws in your heart at new birth. The moment you become baptized into the body of Christ is the same time you receive a new heart. Sin has no dominion over you anymore. However, you still live this body so there is still a struggle between your flesh and the law of God in your heart, but you have the ability through the Word of God on the inside of you to say NO to sin and live a holy and righteous life towards God.

Ezekiel 36:25-27 King James Version (KJV)

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

John 3:3 - Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Galatians 2:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Romans 8:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Colossians 3 King James Version (KJV)

3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

1 Like

Re: The Coming Of Christ by gatiano(m): 3:07pm On May 25, 2015
I do know that God will seal His Children' Head/on the Forehead. What does it mean? I know God doesn't do magic or miracle of such.
dd12345:

Re: The Coming Of Christ by Tgirl4real(f): 3:22pm On May 25, 2015
The Second Coming of Christ however, speaks of 2 things:

- Deliverance for the saints and
- Doom/Judgement for the unrighteous.

1 Corinthians 15:52-57 King James Version (KJV)

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Then, we get a new body and we can no longer sin, we will live with him forever and ever.

Daniel 12 King James Version (KJV)

12 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sex Magick: How To Cast Powerful Spells With Your Sperm & Orgasm / Message From God To Nigerian Pastors- Sister Linda Testimony / Catholics And Confession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.