Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project (93730 Views)

Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat / My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / Dairy Of My 3 Bedrooms Flat( All En-suit) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
Oprahlopex:
More of God blessing

Amen
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by joshua112: 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
daviejay:
Proposed floor plan.

davejay congrats on your project but looking at the plans carefully and speaking from the angle of an architect I think you need to make some amendments on your plan.

1)make the bathrooms of the 2rooms at the left side of the building to be in between the lounge and the rooms so d rooms can be cross ventilated.

2)remove the lobby wall between the dining and the masters so the dining becomes bigger to accommodate the dining table and also access to the lounge.

3)u can have a space between the master bedroom bath and the store so u can introduce another window thr so the masters can be fully cross ventilated

4)block off the entrance from the anteroom to d masters cos its not good for a door from the anteroom to lead to d masters for security reasons.

I have attached a sketch to dis message hope it swill help u just show it to ur architect he should be able to effect the corrections on your design

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
idiagbo86:
The floor plan is ok as design is based on a concept u dim fit. However ,u still have to make adjustments on the ventilation aspect of not only the room but also the lounge which accommodates alot of persons .please make it crossed and that I guess will put the structure to a finner design.

Alright sir
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
joshua112:

davejay congrats on your project but looking at the plans carefully and speaking from the angle of an architect I think you need to make some amendments on your plan.

1)make the bathrooms of the 2rooms at the left side of the building to be in between the lounge and the rooms so d rooms can be cross ventilated.

2)remove the lobby wall between the dining and the masters so the dining becomes bigger to accommodate the dining table and also access to the lounge.

3)u can have a space between the master bedroom bath and the store so u can introduce another window thr so the masters can be fully cross ventilated

4)block off the entrance from the anteroom to d masters cos its not good for a door from the anteroom to lead to d masters for security reasons.

I have attached a sketch to dis message hope it swill help u just show it to ur architect he should be able to effect the corrections on your design

Thanks sir, your points had already been implemented.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by kenny4one(m): 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
this is mine own three bedroom bungalow

6 Likes

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
kenny4one:

More grease to your elbow, Bro

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by needies(m): 4:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
Poor building plan, bad ventilation
daviejay:
Proposed floor plan.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by wtfCode: 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
i didn't see this on time. Well,since u've made an adjustment about ur building plan ventilation. Remember we are here to help u. Have u started the setting out and foundation excavations? What's the type of soil u want to install ur building on? #Godspeed bro. #following.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by tana4gud(f): 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
Dis particular thread jst gave me a 100% assurance dat on Nairaland, we are simply Family....am so touched.

@op ur building project will end in joy n praise
Weldone sir!

9 Likes

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by slimgeez: 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
DE design of dis bungalow is very wrong... Wouldn't be approved by an architect. Wrong flow and no cross ventilation aside from de kitchen. Waste of space and materials for a three bedroom bungalow. Would have saved cost with min150mm(6inches) masonry block or even lesser in size. Foundation is shallow, maybe de ground is rocky. Dis happens when a quack builds a house.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by odedipapa(m): 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
OP, nice project. I don't know if someone has called your attention to this but I'll say it anyway.
Why have the anteroom distribute u to the rooms? Security wise, I don't think it makes sense.
Another thing I have seen is that the store is very small.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by nigerianvenom(m): 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nice one. I'm planning mine soon. I guess before December. Congrat, our future landlord. Nothing good comes on a platter of gold

2 Likes

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by nwaanambra1(m): 5:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
rezzy:

This kind advice na wa

Bros that advice is the secret to abundance - its a natural law.

If he implements that advice, he will complete that house and start another new housing project in no time.

It works very well for me.

5 Likes

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by Abimloaded(m): 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
joshua112:

In Architecture, its wrong to see the window of the toilet from the Approach elevation. your Visitor's toilet has that.
What do I know ? Still learning.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by Abimloaded(m): 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
odedipapa:
OP, nice project. I don't know if someone has called your attention to this but I'll say it anyway.
Why have the anteroom distribute u to the rooms? Security wise, I don't think it makes sense.

Hello sir, I can't understand what you are insinuating here. I'm still a student and I would like you to shed more light for me on this your comment as it will go a long way in school projects. Will be glad if you do sir.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by NaijaFutbol: 5:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
kenny4one:

God's grace chief. How much have you spent to this level?
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by manie(m): 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
daviejay:

Excavation = N30,000
9" Blocks = N135
6" Blocks = N120
Trip of sand = N15,000
Trip of gravel = N35,000. This is the quote the site Engineer got for me.

Please note that this is not fixed, as it depends on location and your bargaining power also...

Where is this project located, the prices are very cheap. 6 inches blocks in Lagos is N150, while 9 inches blocks sell fot N170.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by pedel: 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
daviejay:
Hello Nairalanders, I'm about commencing a building project. Please I need assistance and necessary information and guidance from the Masters in the house. Thanks.
You can improve on the building plan to give the 2 rooms on the left additional windows for cross ventilation. The position of the bathrooms can be changed on the plan.
Nigeria can be very hot sometimes. Even if you have AC installed, PHCN can be uncooperative.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by manie(m): 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
mufutau55:

I think that is the normal rate in Lagos/Ogun area... you can probably cut it down.

Hajji M.

I did at N40 per block laid in Ikorodu Lagos
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by manie(m): 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
Mgbadike80:
daviejay, i think ur engineer is misleading u, 6inches blocks still sell #80 while 9 is about 120, to be honest some places vary upwards and this is in neighboring Niger state. also masons charge about #25 per block. I'm not judging d man but investigate by ur self by going to a block industry and Mason joints. things are generally cheaper in d north.

6 inches blocks are sold for N150, while 9 inches blocks are sold for N170 in Lagos and some parts of Ogun staate.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by manie(m): 6:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
PBundles:
Dude get in contact with Spydaman (spyder880) aka Peter Parker. They guy is legendary when it comes to building. Checkout some of his works here on Nairaland.

Spyder will not give us the breakdown of the cost implication at per various stages of the project.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by manie(m): 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2015
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by mufutau55(m): 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
manie:
https://www.nairaland.com/606079/real-cost-building-six-bedroom/40#8119106
https://www.nairaland.com/606079/real-cost-building-six-bedroom/40#8119024
Pix of my house taken in 2011

Wow! Time goes quickly.. it seems like yesterday.. I hope you have developed the front by now... Good luck.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by princejones(m): 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
daviejay:
Hello Nairalanders, I'm about commencing a building project. Please I need assistance and necessary information and guidance from the Masters in the house. Thanks.
May God give you the grace and financial ability to complete your project.Am into roofing material like stone coated tiles and longspan roofing sheets.l will gives you accurate square meter and normal guage.Call or whatsup 08037156958

2 Likes

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by manie(m): 6:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
mufutau55:

Wow! Time goes quickly.. it seems like yesterday.. I hope you have developed the front by now... Good luck.

Hajji M.

Currently building two houses at Agbara and Ifo in Ogun State just to secure the plots of land, will come back to develop the front when pepper rest.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by mufutau55(m): 6:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
manie:

Currently building two houses at Agbara and Ifo in Ogun State just to secure the plots of land, will come back to develop the front when pepper rest.

That is good too.. You need to secure those lands with something o; because those Omo Onile are not easy to deal with. Good luck.

Hajji M.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by mufutau55(m): 6:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by Ibrahimndg57(m): 9:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
odedipapa:
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by damola14(m): 9:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
ihebrooke:
Congrats on your project. My God provide you the resources to complete it.

Looking at your floor plan, I believe it might need a few adjustment. The planning is okay. However, I'm not very comfortable with the ventilation aspect. The designer didn't focus on cross ventilation for any of the bedrooms. You might want to achieve that by moving the toilets inside and pushing the bedrooms out to create windows on those planes. This would create cross ventilations in the 3 bedrooms. I Hope my explanation is clear? If it isn't very clear, I might sketch and attach I mean.

it's a very good observation please I will like to benefit from the final look when the adjustment is made can I see the sketch I will be greatful. thanks
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
daviejay:
Proposed floor plan.

Luv this o! Pls can I save a copy of this plan on my phone pls?
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by fairheven: 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
abdulwastecx:

you can do the following, re introduces two window each closer to the adjacent wall in each of the affected flat or reduce the length of the length of the toilet to accommodates a smaller window by the side

Pls sir. Can u give me an Estimated number of blocks I wud need to build a 4bedroom bungalow? Thank u
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by doskyval(m): 11:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
We'll done bro, A̶̲̥̅♏ learning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) / Chinese Man Moves His House After Government Threatened To Demolish It (photos) / Roofing sheets: Current prices of all roofing sheets in Nigeria 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.