Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff (26842 Views)

FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag / Banks To Sack Staff In Second Quarter – Rewane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by chukwukamma(m): 2:44pm On May 26, 2015
MTN is out sourcing the staff to maximize profit, as out sourcing will reduce the work force and the wages/salary paid to staff. It is very unfortunate that we do not have labour law in Nigeria or the laws are weak, otherwise you can't be making millions of dollars and paying workers peanut. MTN should tells Nigerian how much they were paying the staff when on direct hire and now that they are out sourced. It's no best practice but a bid to save cost and rise their profit margin.
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Drdreluv: 2:46pm On May 26, 2015
Qyubee:
same indian contractor handling airtel in ibadan? expect the worst from indians!
what.is their name ñ.where is d office?
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by akinjuly77(m): 2:50pm On May 26, 2015
QUESTION OF THE DAY!
If you get the answer right, I swear you are a super genius. N200 Airtime for you! get the airtime wen u visit - www.africansgist.com now

Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex?

One can understand when you are still both single and not sure if marriage will happen.

But after tieing the knot and become husband and wife, some women still expect their husband to beg for intimacy or uses sex as a bait to get something from the husband. Many women today still does not initiate sex even when they crave it.
Why then get married?

Make sure you Add your Comments here www.africansgist.com to get Rewarded 200 Airtime for Your Active Comments
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 26, 2015
My compatriots and their parochial mindset toward for-profit organizations . For all I know and care , for-profit organizations foremost priority is to make profit while quality service(s) accompany such thought to make it an effective action and result oriented strategy . Therefore , it is foolhardy for any sane person to expect such organizations to operate on cheap emotional sentiments as been expected by majority of the commenters on this subject under discussion . Outsourcing is not illegal, therefore I see no reason why any sane person should badmouth MTN and their Indian contractors for a decision like this .

You too can become one of their contractors ( vendors ) , since you don't have the financial resources to be their competitor . I am ready to guide -free of charge , any sane and sound person/organization through to establishing effective and profitable outsourcing firm .
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by idupaul: 3:17pm On May 26, 2015
chukwukamma:
MTN is out sourcing the staff to maximize profit, as out sourcing will reduce the work force and the wages/salary paid to staff. It is very unfortunate that we do not have labour law in Nigeria or the laws are weak, otherwise you can't be making millions of dollars and paying workers peanut. MTN should tells Nigerian how much they were paying the staff when on direct hire and now that they are out sourced. It's no best practice but a bid to save cost and rise their profit margin.

MTN call centre staff have always been out sourced , they are changing outsourcing vendors from a Nigerian company to an Indian one and be rest assured the Indian will route those calls else where to be answered and sack most Nigerians

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by titus3: 3:18pm On May 26, 2015
Really!

I have to contact you for said guidance. How easy will it be to be vendor though?

Empero1:
My compatriots and their parochial mindset toward for-profit organizations . For all I know and care , for-profit organizations foremost priority is to make profit while quality service(s) accompany such thought to make it an effective action and result oriented strategy . Therefore , it is foolhardy for any sane person to expect such organizations to operate on cheap emotional sentiments as been expected by majority of the commenters on this subject under discussion . Outsourcing is not illegal, therefore I see no reason why any sane person should badmouth MTN and their Indian contractors for a decision like this .

You too can become one of their contractors ( vendors ) , since you don't have the financial resources to be their competitor . I am ready to guide -free of charge , any sane and sound person/organization through to establishing effective and profitable outsourcing firm .
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by light004: 3:21pm On May 26, 2015
Keneking:
Jonathannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

Parting gift to ehmTN....no smoke without fire whether gas, firewood or stove. grin

The economy is so hard outside oh...those people there should be thinking about how to succeed just in case.

Implication of losing $60bn under the current Jonathan's administration.

This government sef grin

What has addressing a false post by MTN got to do with Jonathannnnnnnnn as you put it. Very soon, virtually every failure will be link to Jonathan. I tire for my people. Look very much that you didn't read the post.
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by eking23(m): 3:52pm On May 26, 2015
Beyonce claims her title Of Queen Bee in s*xy new photos https:///1rQBRk

Nollywood Actor, Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Why He Can't Cheat On His Wife https:///1rQTO8

Mavin Record!! Don Jazzy And Team Land In Ghana https:///1rQT90

PRETTY!! Check Out this Photo of Toolz & Boo Tunde Vacationing in Punta Cana https:///1rQSq6

Watchout Chris! 50cent has his eyes on Karrueche (Photo) https:///1rQSvM
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Qyubee(m): 4:22pm On May 26, 2015
Drdreluv:
what.is their name ñ.where is d office?
ISON bpo, they v hq in kenya.
Nobody has anything good to say abt them esp airtel guys in ibadan (kingsway, dugbe).
pay cut, more work hours, more work days, less leave days..list goes on and on.
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Lalaity: 4:32pm On May 26, 2015
What MTN is basically saying here is * we won't sack them, but their new handlers might. cry

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by slex(m): 4:59pm On May 26, 2015
wow. morale is low!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by cashierbofam: 5:03pm On May 26, 2015
Y’ello All,

Over the years, as our operations have expanded and the demands of our customers have increased, we have needed to expand our staff strength in the Customer Relations Division. Such are the staffing requirements that a sizeable number of contract staff were engaged through outsourcing arrangements.

Research has clearly shown that the outsourcing model is the most efficient and cost-effective way to operate if we are to remain competitive and continue to deliver good service. Recall that we have already embraced this option under a Managed Service agreement for part of our Network Group. Indeed, different outsourcing models are now deemed to be global best practice.

Although our call centres are currently outsourced to CNSSL and MacTay respectively, a new outsourcing contract has been signed with a new organization known as ISON BPO Limited, following a competitive bidding process organized by Group Procurement.

ISON BPO emerged the preferred vendor for call centre management in all MTN OpCos in Anglo-phone Africa. As such, ISON will manage the operations and management of the respective MTN call centres in all English-speaking OpCos, (excluding MTN South Africa, whose call centre was outsourced to another vendor under the same competitive process)

An inter-divisional team has been set up to work with the old and the new contractors to ensure a smooth transition by August 1, 2015.

As it often happens when there are changes in the offing, there will be rumours and stories making the rounds about specific details of the new arrangements. Let me categorically state that when all the details and terms have been agreed and concluded, I will, as always share the information with the relevant parties.

While those affected are not directly employed by MTN, they have become part of the larger MTN family, and their respective contributions to the success of our business is well appreciated.

Help us O

titus3:
MTN tweeted this yesterday.

E be like their staff dey panick because of all these Xenophobia palava.

Who knows, maybe they'll even employ more *fingers crossed*
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by slex(m): 5:41pm On May 26, 2015
CCRs which way forward o
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Drdreluv: 6:45pm On May 26, 2015
Qyubee:

ISON bpo, they v hq in kenya.
Nobody has anything good to say abt them esp airtel guys in ibadan (kingsway, dugbe).
pay cut, more work hours, more work days, less leave days..list goes on and on.
how Much is.d pay
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by IYANGBALI: 6:49pm On May 26, 2015
Na wetin concern me? Abeg moderator where una toilet dey for here?I wan shiiit
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 26, 2015
Posting a company's internal communication is very unethical and you know it.
Yes I'm talking to you, its folks like you who make outsourcing necessary after all.; Toxic fellow

cashierbofam:
Y’ello All,

Over the years, as our operations have expanded and the demands of our customers have increased, we have needed to expand our staff strength in the Customer Relations Division. Such are the staffing requirements that a sizeable number of contract staff were engaged through outsourcing arrangements.

Research has clearly shown that the outsourcing model is the most efficient and cost-effective way to operate if we are to remain competitive and continue to deliver good service. Recall that we have already embraced this option under a Managed Service agreement for part of our Network Group. Indeed, different outsourcing models are now deemed to be global best practice.

Although our call centres are currently outsourced to CNSSL and MacTay respectively, a new outsourcing contract has been signed with a new organization known as ISON BPO Limited, following a competitive bidding process organized by Group Procurement.

ISON BPO emerged the preferred vendor for call centre management in all MTN OpCos in Anglo-phone Africa. As such, ISON will manage the operations and management of the respective MTN call centres in all English-speaking OpCos, (excluding MTN South Africa, whose call centre was outsourced to another vendor under the same competitive process)

An inter-divisional team has been set up to work with the old and the new contractors to ensure a smooth transition by August 1, 2015.

As it often happens when there are changes in the offing, there will be rumours and stories making the rounds about specific details of the new arrangements. Let me categorically state that when all the details and terms have been agreed and concluded, I will, as always share the information with the relevant parties.

While those affected are not directly employed by MTN, they have become part of the larger MTN family, and their respective contributions to the success of our business is well appreciated.

Help us O

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Unseen(m): 7:18pm On May 26, 2015
Drdreluv:
how Much is.d pay

Highest paid CCRs under Airtel Ibadan Call Centre managed by ISON BPO formerly Spanco BPO is collecting 48k after 2 years and above on the job.
Working hours is 8hrs plus 1 hour break... Total 9 hours per day in the call center.
You still work 5 days a week.... However certain optional shift may make you come to work during your off days.

For rest of the story..... Wait till ISON BPO takes over. You will experience the rest 1st hand.
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Drdreluv: 8:22pm On May 26, 2015
Unseen:

Highest paid CCRs under Airtel Ibadan Call Centre managed by ISON BPO formerly Spanco BPO is collecting 48k after 2 years and above on the job.
Working hours is 8hrs plus 1 hour break... Total 9 hours per day in the call center.
You still work 5 days a week.... However certain optional shift may make you come to work during your off days.

For rest of the story..... Wait till ISON BPO takes over. You will experience the rest 1st hand.
u Lolz bro e still better pass teaçhiñ wanaa get one for My sister am in Ibadan how should I go about it
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Unseen(m): 8:30pm On May 26, 2015
Drdreluv:
u Lolz bro e still better pass teaçhiñ wanaa get one for My sister am in Ibadan how should I go about it

I dey laugh you.

Go to Dugbe. The Call center is located in Kingsway building adjacent to CBN Ibadan, directly opposite to FRCN, (If you try any Mischief for that area your name na sorry).

If your sister last for a year in Job....
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by kpaofame: 9:17pm On May 26, 2015
Tis a bad development oo...indians aint good employers..na indians finally ruin Delta Steel Company n their conditions of service was horrible..Had frndx who worked under dem

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Revolva(m): 9:24pm On May 26, 2015
Guys go carry gun one day for dis useless naija.....hahhaa na wa oo....6000 staff gals go turn olosho more n more.....

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by nconcept: 7:51am On May 27, 2015
The crux of the matter is that the incoming Indians don't like working in urban areas like Lagos, therefore they will close down d call centre in Lagos and relocate to places like Ibadan, Akure,Abeokuta....where they can get cheap labour.
The question is what happens to the majority of present workers who won't relocate? How can the company decide 2 pour out more jobless ppl on d streets of Lagos where majority are already jobless?
MTN must look in2 these as they do their CHANGE...

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by spoilerx: 8:07am On May 27, 2015
edey2real:
They are not going to sack them but they are handing them over to an outsourcing company called Ison BPO.
The company is worst.

if they have anything to do with mara-ison then expect the worst!!!!!

mara-ison== hell fire
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by imnaknusalo: 9:45am On May 27, 2015
GET THE GENESIS OF THE STORY: FROM THE CEO MTNNIGERIA.

Y’ello All,

Indeed, MTN’s success in Nigeria is as a result of the hard work, commitment and dedication of all MTNers, guided by a strong culture of people management. This culture is of significant influence on our partners and all those operating within our ecosystem.

That is why we will ensure that all concerned are well informed and that all parties work towards a transition that is smooth and seamless.

Regards,

Mike
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by imnaknusalo: 9:48am On May 27, 2015
UPDATE : Change of Outsourcing Arrangements for MTN Call Centres – Clear case of XENOPHOBIA

To ALL CCR,

Apapa, Ikoyi, VGC, Mayfair, Ilorin, Kaduna, Kano and other locations.

MTN Nigeria CEO has confirmed our the sacking of all of us. MTN Management has met with select Group of supervisors.

CCR Management and Vendors have met with Team Leads. 1st Aug. has been confirmed as transition date. All Lagos Call Centres will be closed. We will be out of Job within 3 months. This is the reality. Our destiny now in our own hands. Be ready for Mass action to stop this process. We say NO !!! CCR Unite

They plan to terminate of CCR agents by 1st August.
The New provider is ISON they will offer us N 35,000 Naira only.
They have no plans for those of us working with the current providers. They have agreed with MTN Group that our salaries are too high for them to pay.
They will sack all of us within three months from 1st August.
This is real !!
MTN Nigeria has said we are contract staff and NO Severance will be paid to anyone.
We will be out of Jobs and we will have no money after the last salary in July.
Why is MTN South Africa suddenly excluded from this arrangement and Nigeria Not.
MTN is making the most revenue and profit from Nigeria. The least they can do is to keep us in employment.
Nigerians must rise to defend us!
We must Stop MTN from this arrangement. 4500 jobs of young Nigerians on the line.
Say No to Xenophobia
Say NO to Outsourcing to foreigners
Say NO to MTN.
CCR unit
Please send to all NIGERIANS!!
Please send to all Bloggers !!
BE PREPARED FOR MASS ACTION!!! BE PREPARED TO GO ON THE STREETS!!!
BE PREPARED FOR MASS PROTEST AGAINST MTN NIGERIA IF THEY WILL NOT STOP THIS ARRANGMENT.
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by damselle00: 1:57pm On May 27, 2015
I think my time is up with this company...am just sick n tired of the whole thing..if they can pay all that are willing to receive PAYOFF dat would be fine by me..ccrs do d dirty jobs yet earn little..3yrs same salary no growth..now d era of indians will be d worst..
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by yimikaa: 3:34pm On May 27, 2015
This is disheartening angry . My mayfair,Vgc and apapa peeps and other MTN callcentres unite and fight this. It might not work but you'll know you've tried .if some don't support it, they'll be out of the job in 2months anyway.

We need a listening government. This shouldn't be happening.
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Qyubee(m): 6:26pm On May 27, 2015
Drdreluv:
how Much is.d pay
well cant really say for a fact, but its definitely below 40k
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Unseen(m): 6:27pm On May 27, 2015
You guys are waiting till July ending to start the fight..... Jos CCRs shut down the call centre for 3 months. May-July 2012 and got paid for the months.
It wasn't easy but it was a good fight that was fought and lost.

Supposing other call centres within that 3 months joined for a day or two can you imagine the effect..... Definitely none of you would have been in this current situation.

Do you guys even have staff union..... How Una wan unite?
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Drdreluv: 2:24pm On May 28, 2015
Unseen:

I dey laugh you.

Go to Dugbe. The Call center is located in Kingsway building adjacent to CBN Ibadan, directly opposite to FRCN, (If you try any Mischief for that area your name na sorry).

If your sister last for a year in Job....
uñseen
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Edzy: 11:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
this is how it started in airtel Abuja CC in 2012,and the rest na story.
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by okitejoseph: 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2015
MTN Nigeria has been in the forefront of telecommunication in Nigeria since early 2000’s. Recently the activity of the telecommunication giant has been put to question as they were penalised by the Nigerian Communications Commission last week. The NCC gave MTN Nigeria a penalty of N1.4 trillion as the communication company failed to disconnect those customers who has unregistered SIM cards.

MTN Nigeria has argued that the fine against them was too extreme, yet the company has continued to engage regulator deliberating on how they can resolve the issue.
http://www.prestnaija.com/mtn-nigeria-has-been-fined-n1-4trn-penalty/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Working With A Falsified Statement Of Result For 2 Yrs / I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now / Ladies, Which Of These Can You Do For A Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.