Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,754 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

What's The Labour Market Like For A Metallurgical And Materials Engineer? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Labour Market Like For A Metallurgical And Materials Engineer? (1999 Views)

What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market / Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? / Entry Level Metallurgical And Mechanical Engineers Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Labour Market Like For A Metallurgical And Materials Engineer? by Jeus(m): 10:35pm On May 21, 2015
As a student currently studying this course, I am afraid because of its awareness, people don't seem to know the course. I am on a first class, and I don't want my efforts to be wasted?

Professionals, Help out.

CC: Lalasticlala. Seun. Lala247

Could this get to front page, for people to be aware of this request and the course of course!

Please!
Re: What's The Labour Market Like For A Metallurgical And Materials Engineer? by stanleychi: 2:29pm On May 22, 2015
MME is a wide course. You can work in any Engineering, Production, Maritime firm etc. The labour market is very favorable so far u know what you are doing. Just considerate and come out with a good grade. I was ones a student of the same course and today I have worked as a production Engineer, Qc Engineer, Planning Engineer and so on.
Re: What's The Labour Market Like For A Metallurgical And Materials Engineer? by Jeus(m): 6:18pm On May 22, 2015
Oh.....Its that lucrative?
Re: What's The Labour Market Like For A Metallurgical And Materials Engineer? by obinna2nv(m): 10:28am On May 23, 2015
These are the research and questions you should've asked when you were admitted to study the course. If they say it not lucrative will you quit? The thing is, the course is good, but you know that the job market is very well saturated. So it all about application, get professional trainings, maintain your 1st class, and I know the sky would be your limit!!
Re: What's The Labour Market Like For A Metallurgical And Materials Engineer? by ednut1(m): 11:26am On May 23, 2015
70% of engineering graduates i know. are working in the financial / consulting industry. wont be surprised if u ended up in KPMG
Re: What's The Labour Market Like For A Metallurgical And Materials Engineer? by yusman14(m): 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
stanleychi:
MME is a wide course. You can work in any Engineering, Production, Maritime firm etc. The labour market is very favorable so far u know what you are doing. Just considerate and come out with a good grade. I was ones a student of the same course and today I have worked as a production Engineer, Qc Engineer, Planning Engineer and so on.
Good day sir..We need to discuss sir
can I have your WhatsApp number?
Re: What's The Labour Market Like For A Metallurgical And Materials Engineer? by akinloye216: 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
akinloye216:
Good evening sir. Please I need your whatsapp number too. Please!
Re: What's The Labour Market Like For A Metallurgical And Materials Engineer? by akinloye216: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
stanleychi:
Good evening sir. Please I need your whatsapp number too. Please! Since I graduated I have been trying to secure job with this course.please assist me sir
Re: What's The Labour Market Like For A Metallurgical And Materials Engineer? by latmukd: 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
Jeus:
As a student currently studying this course, I am afraid because of its awareness, people don't seem to know the course. I am on a first class, and I don't want my efforts to be wasted?

Professionals, Help out.

CC: Lalasticlala. Seun. Lala247

Could this get to front page, for people to be aware of this request and the course of course!

Please!

Material and Metallurgical Engineering is a very good course. But there is no enough job out there —Anyway, you might be lucky to get one, so don't despair. I'm only preparing your mind for the worst.
Try to maintain the first class. It's an advantage.
Learn skills that is relevant to your field of study. Go for internship (industrial training). Also, learn skills that you can monetize, this will help you financially while you're still searching for that dream job.
Connect with senior colleagues doing well in your course of study.
Start making research on available postgraduate scholarships relating to your field of study before you graduate. Prepare for them (preparation meet opportunity is equal to success).
Also, there are local scholarships for undergraduate students especially for those that have first class and Second Class Upper Division (All those oil and gas scholarships and others).
If possible, take a leadership role in any of the student association.
Try to work on something meaningful during your undergraduate project. This will also improve your CV.
This is all I can remember for now.
I wish you all the best.

P.S.: Overlook my grammatical errors, please.

(1) (Reply)

Secretary Needed For Immediate Employment In An NGO / Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications / Fresh Graduate Trainee And Internship Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.