Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

APC To Elect Next Senate President At Party Primaries Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC To Elect Next Senate President At Party Primaries Today (782 Views)

There Is Neither President Nor Acting President At The Moment- Lawyers / 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator / Next Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC To Elect Next Senate President At Party Primaries Today by Johnnyessence(m): 7:15am On May 22, 2015
There are
reports that the All
Progressives Congress
(APC) is going ahead
with an open primary to
select a sole candidate to
succeed David Mark as
Senate President next
month, Daily Sun
reports.
Reports say 59 senators
and senators-elect of the
party will make the
decision at a one-day
retreat which starts
today.
It is yet unclear whether
the primary would hold
in Abuja or Lagos but it
was further gathered
that, all the 59 senators
and senators-elect are
“expected to sign an
undertaking to abide by
the party position on
whoever emerges as the
party’s candidate after
the primary.
“Thereafter, the runner-
up is expected to emerge
as the deputy Senate
President. In the event
where the runner-up is
from the same zone as
the winner of the
primary, another
primary election would
be conducted and
whoever emerges would
be the deputy.”
Presently, major
contenders are: Senators
Ahmad Lawan (Yobe,
North east), Bukola
Saraki (Kwara, North
central), George Akume
(Benue, North central)
and Ali Mohammed
Ndume (Borno, North
east).
Some senators are
reportedly not happy
with the arrangement.
They would rather
senators are allowed to
“choose our leader in the
chamber,” said a senator
from the North west but
who declined to be
named. www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/apc-to-elect-next-senate-president-at-party-primaries-today-daily-sun.112080/
Re: APC To Elect Next Senate President At Party Primaries Today by Nobody: 7:20am On May 22, 2015
t
Re: APC To Elect Next Senate President At Party Primaries Today by baybeeboi: 7:22am On May 22, 2015
Saraki
Re: APC To Elect Next Senate President At Party Primaries Today by EbubeOnoh(m): 7:25am On May 22, 2015
So David mark will be a floor member afterwards. From grace to grass Chai there is God o!
Re: APC To Elect Next Senate President At Party Primaries Today by ricsman(m): 7:27am On May 22, 2015
ok
Re: APC To Elect Next Senate President At Party Primaries Today by Nwogeh: 7:35am On May 22, 2015
Na wa o
Re: APC To Elect Next Senate President At Party Primaries Today by Young03(m): 7:43am On May 22, 2015
Copy and paste

bros na 3110 u de use?
Re: APC To Elect Next Senate President At Party Primaries Today by aare07(m): 7:45am On May 22, 2015
I support Bukola Saraki for Senate President
Re: APC To Elect Next Senate President At Party Primaries Today by mrmetoo1: 8:06am On May 22, 2015
I love this idea!
Re: APC To Elect Next Senate President At Party Primaries Today by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:50am On May 22, 2015
George Akume.
Re: APC To Elect Next Senate President At Party Primaries Today by Gbawe: 9:05am On May 22, 2015
aare07:
I support Bukola Saraki for Senate President

If they go ahead with this method then I think Saraki would probably secure the support of the majority of his peers to emerge Senate President. As for the Primaries idea, it is a good and democratic one that should see the APC emerge united and focused whoever wins since every senator would have been carried along and given the chance to independently choose their own leader without the imposition of an 'anointed' choice of one godfather or the other.
Re: APC To Elect Next Senate President At Party Primaries Today by ifyan(m): 9:17am On May 22, 2015
Let the best candidate win so NIGERIANS will know how far.

Let them stop their mind game plus talkating syndrome we need actiion.

You know

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Even Chinese Dey Naija Pain Of Fuel Scarcity / As GMB Gets Inaugurated 2day,We Remember His 1st Speech As Head Of State In 1983 / ‘I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.