Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,582 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari (27842 Views)

Stop Harassing Fayose, Ekiti Government – PDP Elders Tell FG / Treat IPOB, Other Militants Like Boko Haram – Northern Groups Tell FG / Governor Udom Grants Amnesty To A 64-Year-Old Prisoner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by shizzleStar: 12:17pm On May 23, 2015
signz:

How can we go about this emancipation? Who and who will make noise about it?

The media are in the hands of the so called oppressors cos of alliance with SW the real owners of Nigerian media industry.Our people are not in that media business. That is why i say that even if Buhari perfoms poorly, he'll still win in 2019 elecrions because people's view are shaped by what we see and hear = media.

Except the alliance is broken, every contrary voice will be suppressed.
Enlightenment! Awareness! You and I! Do not feel discouraged, that's their game plan....to shut you up.

They may control most of the media, but truth is no force can stop an idea whose time has come. The people must be adequately informed and play active part in disseminating this information. No matter how they try to use the biased media to suppress the truth, we must rise to the occasion and thwart their lies and propaganda.

Thank god we have moved away from from he traditional radio and TV media, now news items from the on-line sources travel more than the speed of light.

1 Like

Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by godwin120alex: 12:18pm On May 23, 2015
Hahahahahahah
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by signz: 12:21pm On May 23, 2015
shizzleStar:
Enlightenment! Awareness! You and I! [/b]Do not feel discouraged[b], that's their game plan....to shut you up.

They may control most of the media, but truth is no force can stop an idea whose time has come. The people must be adequately informed and play active part in disseminating this information. No matter how they try to use the biased media to suppressed the truth, we must rise to the occasion and thwart their lies and propaganda.

Thank god we have moved away from from he traditional radio and TV media, now news items from the on-line sources travel Kore than the speed of light.

Guess it was written all over my post bah cheesy
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by temitemi1(m): 12:25pm On May 23, 2015
Bro, u need to see ur doctor.
Chukwugekwu:
to avoid heart attack please gently move away from that thread because very soon one Nigeria fraud will be a history. ...whether you like it or not. ....

then buharı will be your president alone grin
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by shiki(m): 12:41pm On May 23, 2015
Mekybliss:
why should we forgive mammals that don't value follow humans.

In other words, ....any f**k up must be treated wink

1 Like

Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by CoCoLav(f): 12:44pm On May 23, 2015
signz:

You are intelligent.
This was the same media they used to their advantage during GEJ's tenure, broadcasting only the negative things and ignoring the achievements. Those who were responsible for broadcasting his achievements betrayed him. The masses were riled up and voted based on the daily negative media reports.

It was all a set up. Now I just watch as the drama unfolds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by shizzleStar: 12:49pm On May 23, 2015
signz:

yeah bruv, you kinda sounded defeated already which I don't like, there's no letting down now. We have to keep the fire blazing, and the momentum stronger.

Cheers! smiley
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by ko7la: 12:54pm On May 23, 2015
WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE YOU HEARD OF AMNESTY FOR TERRORIST?WHAT ARE THEIR DEMANDS?WHOM ARE THEY FIGHTING FOR?I DONT EXPECT THIS FROM OUR LEADERS.
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by mak15: 1:17pm On May 23, 2015
Wow, so the reward of genocide is amnesty, God help us.
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 23, 2015
They are not serious.
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 23, 2015
God is in control. Let no one tremble. He will fight for us all.
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by sk4real2(m): 2:41pm On May 23, 2015
am a core Northerner but I think truth need be told here, theses Northern elders are bunch of morons who use their kidney to reason instead of their brains.
shegu tsofofin banza kawai!!!!!
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 23, 2015
ndasogu:
God is in control. Let no one tremble. He will fight for us all.

This is the mindset that kept us this way.
"God will intervene" and this contraption is going to dogs, millions are suffering and in bondage of 'One Nigeria'.

Not for me and fellow Biafrans, this time, we will fight for our freedom, ourselves, shed blood and I will happily lay my life for my freedom when we march, great revolution unheard of will hit this zoo, when we are done, the stupid set of people will have no one to listen to them.

1 Like

Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by chiedu7: 3:08pm On May 23, 2015
[size=14pt]Amnesty For those who have been murdering for allah?

while MASSOB guys are in prison?
[/size]
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by VolvoS60(m): 3:13pm On May 23, 2015
chuna1985:

The ND struggle is actually not same with boko haram so don't even try to compare dem. Boko haram move door to door n kill innocent people, Niger delta militants are fighting for the injustice been dished out on dem by the Nigerian federal government.

^^^^
You do have a point...the agitation by ND militants and Boko Haram have different goals. But the methods are the same - sowing terror.

It is fashionable these days to forget that thousands of ordinary Nigerians (who had nothing to do with government or militants) also died as 'collateral damage' in the ND 'struggle'. These causalties are casually dismissed as unimportant or irrelevant. undecided Today, Rivers State and other SS states are firmly in the grip of serving and ex-militants who are running riot in the streets - robbing, maiming and looting. Was this what the 'struggle' was all about? undecided

One thing I will concede though...the abysmal failure of successive federal governments gave rise to the conditions that birthed ND groups. But is the ND better off today?

Anyway - this thread is largely about the attempt by Uwais and his group to legitimize Boko Haram. It is up to Nigerians to react to this.

2 Likes

Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 23, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
You do have a point...the agitation by ND militants and Boko Haram have different goals. But the methods are the same - sowing terror.

It is fashionable these days to forget that thousands of ordinary Nigerians (who had nothing to do with government or militants) also died as 'collateral damage' in the ND 'struggle'. These causalties are casually dismissed as unimportant or irrelevant. undecided Today, Rivers State and other SS states are firmly in the grip of serving and ex-militants who are running riot in the streets - robbing, maiming and looting. Was this what the 'struggle' was all about? undecided

One thing I will concede though...the abysmal failure of successive federal governments gave rise to the conditions that birthed ND groups. But is the ND better off today?

only a very blatant fool compares boko haram with Niger delta militancy.

D militants fought for the right to their lands n boko haram fought for Getting an Islamic caliphate in Nigeria, they moved house to house n killed people anyhow just like ISIS. they are nothing like militants.

And secondly thousands have not died because of militancy, don't go around talking about things u don't know. jealous fool.

2 Likes

Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by VolvoS60(m): 4:15pm On May 23, 2015
chuna1985:

D militants fought for the right to their lands n boko haram fought for Getting an Islamic caliphate in Nigeria, they moved house to house n killed people anyhow just like ISIS. they are nothing like militants.

And secondly thousands have not died because of militancy, don't go around talking about things u don't know. jealous fool.

^^^^
In the breadth of a post or two you have branded me a blatant, jealous fool (whatever that means).

Debate like an adult and leave out the name calling. I stand by my comments and i expect you to refute them with facts. Not this emotional, hormone driven response.

Northeastern Nigeria has paid a heavy price for decades of indifference by Northern Nigeria to violence by Islamic fundamentalists - an indifference that arose because the violence of those years was targeted at outsiders. It has taken the death of thousands for the locals and ordinary muslims to realise that evil eventually consumes those who stand by and do nothing because someone else is in the firing line. Sure - the primary failure in this boko nonsense is government - but local communities must ask themselves some hard questions when all this is over.

I will repeat my earlier comments about the ND 'struggle': Are things better today? Men, women and children died so that 'militants' could get amnesty indefinitely? undecided

Answer those questions if you can - in a civil manner.
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by Enahi(f): 4:58pm On May 23, 2015
chuna1985:

Yes you are right,the ND militants didn't go about killing people they were into kidnapping.
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by Enahi(f): 5:06pm On May 23, 2015
babestella:

I hope Tinubu will not regret his alliance with these bunch of terrorist I see rising in the horizon.
Their agenda is gradually being revealed, by end of the year, it will be clearer.
Thank you,the Northerners truly has an agenda. I heard they also want to put a stop to Scholarships meant for brilliant Nigerian Students because its of no benefit to the North. I also heard about the money to be paid to host communities Etc. Buhari came for Northerners,nothing else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 23, 2015
micktoxin:
The northern part of Nigeria just want everything to themselves. What happened to accountability and taking responsibility for your actions?
Why should the southern region sacrifice more funds to the NE, just because they couldn't tame their brothers and also help their exaggerated population?
I find it really disturbing a governor can plead amnesty for a notorious group such as Boko haram.
I am beginning to understand the reasoning behind lower Niger movements. In light of all these, it is now obvious the northen people now lives in a bubble and are just happy to milk this marriage of convenience called Nigeria.
Even without lower Niger or southern region formation, the SW, SE, SS will still be better off each on their own.

Edit: I am as progressive and liberal as they come, but this is unacceptable.
have you seen why we (biafrans) want out? The ealier the better!

2 Likes

Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by bewildered: 5:18pm On May 23, 2015
Imagine the affront.
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by micktoxin(m): 6:31pm On May 23, 2015
ekenedegreat:
have you seen why we (biafrans) want out? The ealier the better!
My eyes have opened. I now share you guys frustration.

2 Likes

Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 23, 2015
barcanista:
Should buhari accept to grant BH Amnesty, I will tear him to shreds.

Buhari called for amnesty for Boko Haram.
We raised an alarm, to called us names.
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 23, 2015
micktoxin:

My eyes have opened. I now share you guys frustration.

What closed your eyes before?
The sooner we get our freedom, the better.
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by Amodemaja: 7:40pm On May 23, 2015
Ilekeh:

No terrorists, boko haram in the North or Militants in the SS, should be given any amount of money.

Are you ok? How dare u liken blood thirsty occultic Boko Nonsense who has no mission other than thinking in their wildest madness can islamise a whole nation (even when Qurian said no force in religion) to ND militants fighting for justicee? You took oil from their place to build infrastructure in the north at their neglet & you think they should be quite even when their environment is destroyed. Olboy go check your brain. They have nothing in common Give yourself brain ooo I beg.
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 23, 2015
Enahi:
Thank you,the Northerners truly has an agenda. I heard they also want to put a stop to Scholarships meant for brilliant Nigerian Students because its of no benefit to the North. I also heard about the money to be paid to host communities Etc. Buhari came for Northerners,nothing else.

In Unity School entrance exams,

A child scored 69% and was denied admission because he is from Anambra,
Another child scored 1% and was given the same admission because he is from Yobe.

When I protested, I was called names.

They will stop the Presidential Scholarship initiated by Jonathan.
Do you know even Bayelsa did not get a slot?
The successful candidates were mostly from the South West.

If they don't stop the scheme, then the scheme will include scholarship for Sharia and Islamic studies.

And we are saying, we want Biafra!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by Nten: 7:48pm On May 23, 2015
Shey y'all can see these boko haram sponsors
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by ernecy(m): 8:20pm On May 23, 2015
Thesame Uwais who's son joined Isis? Now his is spewing rubbish, am not supprise....very son all d conspirators will be reveal...
modath:

With what grin shocked, your security vote?? grin... Oh we are issuing threats now abi

To the real issue on ground; Baba would not dare Nigerians, he knows one of his major campaign cardinal points is security and BH is a major threat that should be uprooted stump and all!

Trust Uwais and Kingibe to manage to create unnecessary importance for themselves. Uwais is the father of an alleged terrorist so.... undecided
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by OreMI22: 8:34pm On May 23, 2015
[size=17pt]

Unless President Mohammed Buhari implements the agreements of Nigerians at the CONFAB, there will be crisis in Nigeria.

Buhari has said he will dump the CONFAB agreements into the dustbin.

As for me and my own corner of Nigeria, CONFAB approved a 50% derivation principle.What needs to happen now is a guerrilla warfare against oil pipelines, installations and personnel until the agreement is implemented.
[/size]
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 23, 2015
Lol. Grant amnesty for a group that has not surrendered. Or are they surrendering on Boko-Haram's behalf? The silence of the northern elite on the destruction of lives by the terrorist group was since an indication to me of the group's sponsors. Honestly, I am not surprised. Evil Men.
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by SendeKamo: 9:19pm On May 23, 2015
We are gradually loosing the little sense we had.
To think this is coming from schooled people, elites is more disturbing.
People Of Nigeria, where art thou sense?
Re: Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari by Ilekeh(f): 10:35pm On May 23, 2015
saintfizzo:
in a country where graduates can't afford 3 square meals, terrorists feed fat from the Govt purse... make all man kukuma become terrorist na..... fools!!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2349468_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Obasanjo’s Letter To Buhari / Paris Club Refund: Governors Angry Over N16.67bn Secret Payment To Osun / Bala Lau Demands ₦100 Million From Sahara Reporters For Reporting His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.