Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church (23920 Views)

Nwodibo Ekechukwu Sacked As Enugu Police Commissioner / Thanksgiving Service For Jonathan & Wife At Anglican Church Otuoke (more Pics) / Nyesom Wike Pictured With His Wife And Kids In Anglican Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by oyetunder(m): 4:47pm On May 23, 2015
Rascal leaders... Political desperadoes... Lawless democrats... Atimes they always forget that 8 years shall pass, and they shall once again be powerless. The church shall outlive him... Emperor Julian of the east...we hail thee for thy executive foolishness.
Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by mcaskey(m): 4:51pm On May 23, 2015
Otenestbestyaho:
I will be very happy if reverene MBAKA of adoration ministry is beaten to death.
BE CAREFUL WITH UR STATEMENTS TO AVOID THE WRATH OF GOD UPON UR LIFE. I HV WARNED U!!!
Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by Stanley1994: 6:02pm On May 23, 2015
How I so wish that people would stop making blind and ignorant judgements. That someone is an archbishop or a priest does not mean that they cannot do any wrong. They are still humans and not God. That a land has existed since 1800 BC does not mean it doesn't have legal papers to protect it otherwise anyone can come out and claim a particular land belonged to them. So for all those people in this forum nit picking the bible "touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm", learn to read the bible in its entirety. Maybe you would learn places where it also said "respect those in authority" or "do not alter the landmarks" or that even the bible encouraged us to pay our taxes.

Archbishop Chukwuma and the church were sent several letters over the past 6 months to provide some documents regarding the land. Both him and his church authorities refused to acknowledge or accept these letters and repeatedly sent them back to the government unopened. The government eventually sent a letter of revocation to them and it was then archbishop Chukwuma with his own mouth, a supposed ordained priest threatened fire and brimstone upon the government if they enter the land. Saying he would lynch and burn the whole place down (shaking my head) and there would be blood shed which of course ended up happening.

Bishop Chukwuma physically came to the said site the morning these altercations occurred. In fact, he was the one who instigated the fight by first beaten up senior government worker sent to work on the site and he uprooted and took the sign post placed on the site by the government. This aggravated members of the task force who now came to the site. The so called Reverends and their church members were busy hauling stones at the worker behind the bulldozer so he would fall and get run over by his machine. When they were confronted by the housing boss and asked to stop throwing stones, one of the reverends hit the boss with a large stone injuring him and the second reverend came from behind to hit him with a large stick. In self defense, the boss took the stick from them and used it to whooped the crap out of both reverends. Don't ask for what you cannot finish.

Another reverend poured fuel on another government worker and sure enough got beaten up. Are these reverends serious or just stupid? if the church feels injustice is being done to them, what happened to taking the case to the court rather than being violent. What happened to the good old days where the bishop comes and prays on the land that if this land belongs to them God should vindicate them.

Few hours after the police commissioner settled the case, the church sent so many thugs with guns to go burn down the government equipments at the site without knowing that some police men were on guard there. Some of the church members were caught with guns. If this is not madness then I wonder what madness is. Church sending armed men to fight.

We all need to be smart and read in between the lines before judging knowing fully well that there is no smoke without fire. Violence begets violence. It makes me wonder what most of these so called men of God do behind closed doors just because they are protected by the title "ordained priest".

1 Like

Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by omojeesu(m): 6:37pm On May 23, 2015
12pm:

shutdfvckup, mbaka himself go about wishing people dead, mbaka said gov. chimaroke will die in office, chimaroke is still alive today.
let mbaka ask god for forgiveness 1st.
foools!!!

Did you call me a fool? Yes, I am a fool for Christ! Didn't even know Mbaka said that someone would die in office. If true, this is why we all need to be careful of what we say, including yourself in your comment and Mbaka is reaping what he sowed.

The tongue is powerful. We need the help of the Holy Spirit to control it. The anger of man does not work the righteousness of God.

Jesus said everything we say we shall give account! May our words not condemn us now and hereafter.
Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by omojeesu(m): 6:40pm On May 23, 2015
Otenestbestyaho:
that man is an emeny of jonathan, well God should mercy me sha. I have sinned.

YOU ARE FANTASTIC! YOU HAVE HONOURED GOD. HE WILL NOT FORGET YOUR HUMILITY
Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by Armaggedon: 7:04pm On May 23, 2015
Stanley1994:
How I so wish that people would stop making blind and ignorant judgements. That someone is an archbishop or a priest does not mean that they cannot do any wrong. They are still humans and not God. That a land has existed since 1800 BC does not mean it doesn't have legal papers to protect it otherwise anyone can come out and claim a particular land belonged to them. So for all those people in this forum nit picking the bible "touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm", learn to read the bible in its entirety. Maybe you would learn places where it also said "respect those in authority" or "do not alter the landmarks" or that even the bible encouraged us to pay our taxes.

Archbishop Chukwuma and the church were sent several letters over the past 6 months to provide some documents regarding the land. Both him and his church authorities refused to acknowledge or accept these letters and repeatedly sent them back to the government unopened. The government eventually sent a letter of revocation to them and it was then archbishop Chukwuma with his own mouth, a supposed ordained priest threatened fire and brimstone upon the government if they enter the land. Saying he would lynch and burn the whole place down (shaking my head) and there would be blood shed which of course ended up happening.

Bishop Chukwuma physically came to the said site the morning these altercations occurred. In fact, he was the one who instigated the fight by first beaten up senior government worker sent to work on the site and he uprooted and took the sign post placed on the site by the government. This aggravated members of the task force who now came to the site. The so called Reverends and their church members were busy hauling stones at the worker behind the bulldozer so he would fall and get run over by his machine. When they were confronted by the housing boss and asked to stop throwing stones, one of the reverends hit the boss with a large stone injuring him and the second reverend came from behind to hit him with a large stick. In self defense, the boss took the stick from them and used it to whooped the crap out of both reverends. Don't ask for what you cannot finish.

Another reverend poured fuel on another government worker and sure enough got beaten up. Are these reverends serious or just stupid? if the church feels injustice is being done to them, what happened to taking the case to the court rather than being violent. What happened to the good old days where the bishop comes and prays on the land that if this land belongs to them God should vindicate them.

Few hours after the police commissioner settled the case, the church sent so many thugs with guns to go burn down the government equipments at the site without knowing that some police men were on guard there. Some of the church members were caught with guns. If this is not madness then I wonder what madness is. Church sending armed men to fight.

We all need to be smart and read in between the lines before judging knowing fully well that there is no smoke without fire. Violence begets violence. It makes me wonder what most of these so called men of God do behind closed doors just because they are protected by the title "ordained priest".
Akuko ikoja

The vanguard report shows that the Archbishop is not around. So i wonder where u got ur own version that contains Bishop's threats.

Again the report says that the land was revoked by Enugu govt while you claim the church couldnt provide the document, and i ask can the govt revoke a land that it never gave out in the first place? I dont even know to tell u except be careful

1 Like

Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by Stanley1994: 8:55pm On May 23, 2015
Armaggedon:
Akuko ikoja

The vanguard report shows that the Archbishop is not around. So i wonder where u got ur own version that contains Bishop's threats.

Again the report says that the land was revoked by Enugu govt while you claim the church couldnt provide the document, and i ask can the govt revoke a land that it never gave out in the first place? I dont even know to tell u except be careful

Maybe if you were smart, you would have noticed that vanguard copied and pasted from the first 2 websites that reported this story yesterday. I was present at the scene and have my facts.

1 Like

Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by mcaskey(m): 10:24pm On May 23, 2015
such things don't happen in advanced countries
Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by Udyawanga: 12:33am On May 24, 2015
Stanley1994:

Archbishop Chukwuma and the church were sent several letters over the past 6 months to provide some documents regarding the land. Both him and his church authorities refused to acknowledge or accept these letters and repeatedly sent them back to the government unopened. The government eventually sent a letter of revocation to them and it was then archbishop Chukwuma with his own mouth, a supposed ordained priest threatened fire and brimstone upon the government if they enter the land. Saying he would lynch and burn the whole place down (shaking my head) and there would be blood shed which of course ended up happening. are u sure mr commentor? archbishop went for d burial of dean emritu's mother church of nigeria, archbishop ademowo of lagos diocese. how can he be available?

Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by Stanley1994: 12:49am On May 24, 2015
[quote author=Udyawanga post=34039758][/quote]

It takes 45 mins flight from Enugu to Lagos.
Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by njideoby(f): 3:15pm On May 24, 2015
Stanley1994:

Maybe if you were smart, you would have noticed that vanguard copied and pasted from the first 2 websites that reported this story yesterday. I was present at the scene and have my facts.
If you are part of this plot,hmmm. Wepukwa aka ewe na ofe,before o ghoro aka mmadu!
A gwa omaru, o mara!

1 Like

Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by Stanley1994: 7:08pm On May 24, 2015
njideoby:

If you are part of this plot,hmmm. Wepukwa aka ewe na ofe,before o ghoro aka mmadu!
A gwa omaru, o mara!

Sorry sweetheart but there is nothing wrong with saying the truth. Sometimes it's not those who make the loudest noise that are always innocent. I am an Anglican so wld not lie just for the pleasure of it.

1 Like

Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by njideoby(f): 10:36pm On May 24, 2015
Stanley1994:

Sorry sweetheart but there is nothing wrong with saying the truth. Sometimes it's not those who make the loudest noise that are always innocent. I am an Anglican so wld not lie just for the pleasure of it.
Hmmm,so you're an Anglican. I now believed the allegation that some of the perpetrators of this hideous crime against the church are actually full blooded members of the church. Maybe,you are a share holder in the said Transperancy Estate? Now I agree that na o bu oke no n'uno gwara oke no n'ofia n'azu di na ngiga.
Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by Stanley1994: 12:05am On May 25, 2015
njideoby:

Hmmm,so you're an Anglican. I now believed the allegation that some of the perpetrators of this hideous crime against the church are actually full blooded members of the church. Maybe,you are a share holder in the said Transperancy Estate? Now I agree that na o bu oke no n'uno gwara oke no n'ofia n'azu di na ngiga.

Stop being such a troll.

1 Like

Re: 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church by njideoby(f): 10:27am On May 25, 2015
Stanley1994:

Stop being such a troll.
That's until u stopped being a pain in de ass for your church.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Receives Umar Ganduje In Lagos (Photos) / Atiku: All That Glitters Not Gold – VON DG Cautions Ndigbo / Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.