Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,530 members, 7,958,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:53 PM

Breaking News: Lawan Is ‘consensus Candidate’, Says Gemade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Lawan Is ‘consensus Candidate’, Says Gemade (1009 Views)

Senator Barnabas Gemade Caught Sleeping In The Senate For The 3rd Time (PIX) / PDP Convention: Adeyanju Not My Candidate, Says Idris Wada / Speakership: I’m Not Tinubu’s Candidate, Says Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Lawan Is ‘consensus Candidate’, Says Gemade by bajajamujaja: 5:54pm On May 23, 2015
Ahmad Lawan, a senator representing Yobe central, has emerged as the “consensus candidate” of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for senate president of the 8th national assembly, according to Barnabas Ge‎made. Also, George Akume (Benue) is the “consensus candidate” for deputy senate president. Ge‎made, a serving senator and senator-elect, made the announcement at the two-day retreat for APC senators-elect in Abuja on Saturday. His address was titled: “Resolution of APC senators and senators-elect after a two-day retreat.” “We, the Senate Unity Forum comprising senators-elect from various zones of Nigeria, have met, held extensive discussions and resolved to support senator Ahmed Lawan as senate president and senator George Akume as deputy senate president of the 8th senate,” Gemade said. “Kindly take this to be our collective decision in the best interest of our party, APC, and our dear nation, Nigeria.” However, an aspirant, Bukola Saraki, from Kwara state, has denied that a consensus candidate has been picked by the party through his twitter @bokulosaraki The rumour going around about a consensus candidate for the position of Senate President and Deputy Senate President is false. — Bukola Saraki (APC) (@bukolasaraki) May 23, 2015

Source: http://www.thecable.ng/breaking-ahmed-lawan-apc-consensus-candidate-senate-president
Re: Breaking News: Lawan Is ‘consensus Candidate’, Says Gemade by DickDastardly(m): 6:02pm On May 23, 2015
Tinubu's Stooge? undecided
Re: Breaking News: Lawan Is ‘consensus Candidate’, Says Gemade by baybeeboi: 6:11pm On May 23, 2015
Wetin person no go hear from these people?
Re: Breaking News: Lawan Is ‘consensus Candidate’, Says Gemade by OduaVanguard: 6:21pm On May 23, 2015
DickDastardly:

Wow! I thought you all used to say that the SW was the North's stooge? So Lawan, a Northerner, is now Tinubu's stooge? ? Wow!

Now, when will you South Beasterners quit being the stooges and actually get you a stooge? I know you are not yet over your last master's defeat, but you guys need to step up your game and play in the big leagues like the SW big boys. cool

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Lawan Is ‘consensus Candidate’, Says Gemade by NewNigeriaMind: 6:28pm On May 23, 2015
DickDastardly:

Just a brotherly advice, don't kill yourself over Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Lawan Is ‘consensus Candidate’, Says Gemade by natnoble(m): 6:38pm On May 23, 2015
national election no bring problem na senate presidency wan bring confusion? i beg make u na park one side.

(1) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil To Discharge 13 Million Liters Fuel Today Eveningtime / Speakership: Iriase Withdraws For Gbajabiamila / FG, Marketers Decide To End Fuel Scarcity Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.