Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? (1066 Views)

Fayose Buys Fuel From Black Market Sellers Because Of Ekiti Fuel Scarcity (Photo / Fuel Scarcity Set To Hit Nigeria Again.. / Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by uptoHim(m): 11:02pm On May 23, 2015
Things are really going bad in this fuel scarcity thing, and I have been trying to understand what is the cause. Please, who knows why we are suffering this. I have the fear that this is not ordinary.

I don't want to hear any baseless PDP/APC/GEJ/Buhari nonsense here. I want to know who has dong is doing what, in revealing details. If you don't have any concrete information on this, EXACTLY the way it is, just waka pass
Re: Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by podosci(m): 11:09pm On May 23, 2015
Stupidity is the cause of the fuel scarcity....A country of 180million is being held hostage by a vey few inconsequential number of oil marketers
Everything boils down to fuel subsidy...They marketers are being owed money for subsidy payments but it seems Nigeria is too broke to pay them plus subsidy has been removed in the new budget submitted to the senate.
Once Nigeria settles its debt with the evil cabal of oil marketers we would be fine for a while till they come back to suffer us the more....I don't know what they actually do at NNPC, that organisation should rival with its counterparts like PetrolBraz but its just there doing nothing.
I hope the new administration would resurrect NNPC and make it an envy of the world

1 Like

Re: Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by dunkem21(m): 11:13pm On May 23, 2015
To be frank with you, Buhari's statement triggered of this scarcity.

1 Like

Re: Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by kodded(m): 11:15pm On May 23, 2015
dunkem21:
care to explain
Re: Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by gwales: 11:17pm On May 23, 2015
Jonathan
Re: Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by dunkem21(m): 11:26pm On May 23, 2015
kodded:
care to explain

Yeah.

His threat to probe the NNPC, subsidy payments, jail this and that fuelled this scarcity.

I am in support of him probing and punishing anybody that dipped his/her hand in our treasury but he should have held it to his heart till next week.

Marketers are scared of loosing their investments and subsidy claims ..and the APC never agreed that subsidy existed.

If subsidy is removed after May,29 the price of PMS will increase by at least 30% and some marketers are already hoarding the products.

More loading ..

1 Like

Re: Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by kodded(m): 11:28pm On May 23, 2015
dunkem21:

Yeah.

His threat to probe the NNPC, subsidy payments, jail this and that fuelled this scarcity.

I am in support of him probing and punishing anybody that dipped his/her hand in our treasury but he should have held it to his heart till next week.

Marketers are scared of loosing their investments and subsidy claims ..and the APC never agreed that subsidy existed.

If subsidy is removed after May,29 the price of PMS will increase by at least 30% and some marketers are already hoarding the products.

More loading ..
hmmmmm

.....one chance

2 Likes

Re: Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by doublewisdom: 11:33pm On May 23, 2015
dunkem21:

Yeah.

More loading ..
No wonder Cameron ................
Re: Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 23, 2015
Buhari said dey shld wait for him, so wen he comes he will perform "miracle" undecided
I fell d fault is as a result of "change"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by missKiffy(f): 11:36pm On May 23, 2015
dunkem21:
How
Re: Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by dunkem21(m): 11:41pm On May 23, 2015
kodded:
hmmmmm

.....one chance

..and he missed a golden opportunity of interacting and getting first hand information from Madueke when she approached him rather than snubbing her ..if Sahara reporting is anything to go by ..I take their reports with a pinch of lime.
Re: Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by dunkem21(m): 11:43pm On May 23, 2015
missKiffy:
How
Kindly scroll up.
Re: Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by sademola: 11:51pm On May 23, 2015
The root cause is the marketers/subsidy but compounded by the transfer of ownership of an oil block!

1 Like

Re: Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by uptoHim(m): 9:23pm On May 24, 2015
podosci:
Stupidity is the cause of the fuel scarcity....A country of 180million is being held hostage by a vey few inconsequential number of oil marketers
Everything boils down to fuel subsidy...They marketers are being owed money for subsidy payments but it seems Nigeria is too broke to pay them plus subsidy has been removed in the new budget submitted to the senate.
Once Nigeria settles its debt with the evil cabal of oil marketers we would be fine for a while till they come back to suffer us the more....I don't know what they actually do at NNPC, that organisation should rival with its counterparts like PetrolBraz but its just there doing nothing.
I hope the new administration would resurrect NNPC and make it an envy of the world

Thanks a lot. I think I understand better now

1 Like

Re: Please Who Knows What Is Causing This Terrible Fuel Scarcity? by uptoHim(m): 9:36pm On May 24, 2015
sademola:
The root cause is the marketers/subsidy but compounded by the transfer of ownership of an oil block!

Yea, I just read NOI statement this evening. But I'm yet to understand this oil block transfer part. Is it the one that involved Shell?

(1) (Reply)

Kano Pensioners Drag Kwankwaso To EFCC / Boko Haram Celebrates Each Day Buhari Spends In Office With A Bomb Blast / South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.