Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail (18599 Views)

INEC Bribe Recovery : Rivers State Government Accuses Police Of Blackmail / FUEL: FG Accuses Oil Marketers Of Sabotage: VANGUARD / Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by GoodGovernance: 9:17pm On May 24, 2015
GMB should revoke the importing license of all oil companies importing fuel .

Pending the revamping and building of the refineries,NNPC should be the only importer of petroleum,whilst oil marketers become merely local distributors,complemented by a crude for refined oil special arrangement with overseas refineries.

I just hope I am making sense

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by ozoro: 9:22pm On May 24, 2015
aresa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7QDjzTTrag

^^^^^^^ That was back in 2012.

SLS detailed the scam and how it works right in front of this useless woman and for years she looked the other way, now she's talking after the chicken is home to roost..

This woman with all her useless degree is damn useless. Degree doesn't = Competence and common sense.

God Bless SLS..

My friend this was only 4 years ago, don't get the facts twisted. You obviously were not following the news at the time.

Both SLS & NOI were preaching the same thing, oil importers were fraudulently clamming vast amounts of money in the name of subsidy but not buttoning in the right amounts of PMS. Both SLS & NOI wanted to totally scrap the subsidy as OBJ had done previously with diesel.

But we the masses refused. We argued that investment must find a way to sell PMS at below international prices because we believe this of the only benefit we Nigerians could get from our government.

No system can sell a product at below normal price without unintentional problems.

We caused this problem for ourselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by ozoro: 9:25pm On May 24, 2015
GoodGovernance:
GMB should revoke the importing license of all oil companies importing fuel .

Pending the revamping and building of the refineries,NNPC should be the only importer of petroleum,whilst oil marketers become merely local distributors,complemented by a crude for refined oil special arrangement with overseas refineries.

I just hope I am making sense

Sorry your not making sense.

Government has no business with downstream.
Deregulate the market totally.
Prices will go to the their true level and there will be fuel at the real market price

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by SergeAlain: 9:29pm On May 24, 2015
Just one thing to say on this matter.

In 1 or 2 months time when the APC led FG finally rests the subsidy program, I hope they also have the decency to tender a full and unreserved apology to the GEJ administration.
When he proposed removing the subsidy in 2012 this same opposition demonized him.

Well like they say, what the old sage can see sitting on a stool, the youth may not appreciate even if he climbed an iroko tree!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by Namadobi: 9:37pm On May 24, 2015
Nonsense
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by agabaI23(m): 9:46pm On May 24, 2015
PassingShot:
Stop grammar and settle them please.

1. They wanted you to sign an agreement because there was a dispute in the amount involved to which you set up a committee wbich is very unnecessary. They're clever enough to know that the committee cannot achieve anything meaningful given that this outgoing government had just about 2 weeks from the time you set up the committee. As such, they're right not to believe in your approach.

2. If you're really sincere in settling their concern with you, why didn't you employ a better approach at verifying their claim by contacting the concerned agencies in a swifter manner? Besides, the exchange rate differential should not really be a big issue as it is a common knowledge what it is. After all, we're talking of FG's official rate and not any other one.

You, Diezani and GEJ especially have proved to be complete apologies to Nigeria.
I wonder if you will say the same thing if Buahri's government asks for verification before payment. You would shout, say baba and heap praises on him. Why is it that the same word means different things to you depending on where it is coming from?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by dahmie2013: 9:49pm On May 24, 2015
Okonjo, dis is no time 4 verificatn. What I expect is dat u shud have ur figures now&be tellingus what u have is different 4rm what dey are presenting, not dat u are just trying 2 get d figures right now&be doing verificatn. Its too late o!
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by Ahmeduana(m): 9:55pm On May 24, 2015
eleojo23:
The marketers are hoarding the fuel hoping to make profit at the expense of fellow Nigerians.
We as a people are our own worst enemy
ARE THEY NOT MAKING IT NOW? THEY SELL A LITRE OF FUEL AS HIGHER AS 500# AND THEY ARE STILL GOING TO COLLECT SUBSIDY ON EVERY LITRE SOLD THANKS TO LABOUR UNION AND APC STATES FOR BLACKMAILING US TO ACCEPTING THEIR EVIL EYES SERVICE.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by BY1434(m): 10:00pm On May 24, 2015
I thinnk the govt. And the marketers should share the blame.

In addition,this marketers are greedy cos if their claims to subsidy is genuine why the fear that the incoming govt will not pay them

By the way,since they ve stopped giving out product,where did these. "Black market" comes from that is been sold at N200 per litre

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by drwebs: 10:00pm On May 24, 2015
These cabals are too greedy. Is there any business in this world which does not involve risk? These people have entered into a business where they gain more than 100% without any risk. Its the FG that bears the risk. Yet they aint patient enough to be paid their money.

Well, its not their fault because we gave them the power. Had our refinaries been working at full capacity or had we(Nigerians) allowed the FG to remove subsidy fully, these would not have happened.

Despite leaving subsidy, we were still been cheated by these cabals as they adjust their meters and still sell at 120 naira per litre instead of the 97 naira.

Who has benefited? Nigerians or them?

Its time to start your protest now. Don't blame GEJ or okonjo-Iweala because they've done their best.
Nigerians will not protest against this suffering the cabals are causing.
What pains me is, after making us to suffer, they'll still be paid their money.
Greedy set of people. Buhari should just remove the subsidy once and for all let them use their money to import and sell at 200 or 500 if they like.
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by kevinokereh(m): 10:07pm On May 24, 2015
its just so funny that some guys just post comments without thinking the present situation in this country. How has the hand of the minister of finance got to do with the present state of this country? She simply explained the cause of this predicament we are in today(The Marketers).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by 83lagosroad(m): 10:09pm On May 24, 2015
PassingShot:
Stop grammar and settle them please.

1. They wanted you to sign an agreement because there was a dispute in the amount involved to which you set up a committee wbich is very unnecessary. They're clever enough to know that the committee cannot achieve anything meaningful given that this outgoing government had just about 2 weeks from the time you set up the committee. As such, they're right not to believe in your approach.

2. If you're really sincere in settling their concern with you, why didn't you employ a better approach at verifying their claim by contacting the concerned agencies in a swifter manner? Besides, the exchange rate differential should not really be a big issue as it is a common knowledge what it is. After all, we're talking of FG's official rate and not any other one.

You, Diezani and GEJ especially have proved to be complete apologies to Nigeria.

So this us how u will foolishly spend people'hard earned money because a new govt in coming in. Chei .anyway I thought u was going through an insightful piece

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by Genius100: 10:11pm On May 24, 2015
Madam NOI, please be quiet. Given that the marketers have held Nigerians to ransom over the last several tears, should we not have sought an alternate arrangement by now? How long will the same cycle continue to repeat itself?
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by 83lagosroad(m): 10:13pm On May 24, 2015
kevinokereh:
its just so funny that some guys just post comments without thinking the present situation in this country. How has the hand of the minister of finance got to do with the present state of this country? She simply explained the cause of this predicament we are in today(The Marketers).

Pls tell them ooo .
very biased minded confused internet army of deceptive opposition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by poseidon12: 10:17pm On May 24, 2015
frankman365:
She no won go down alone. So blame it on anything you like. Where is our refinaries?

So it is her duty to maintain your refineries?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by persius555(m): 10:28pm On May 24, 2015
one bastard at the TUC is asking for subsidy not to be removed. Make i cork my double barrel, i need to lodge "HOT SILVER" in someone's brain.
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by boxypane(m): 10:47pm On May 24, 2015
Keep playing Nigerians Like Mario Nintendo Version. God is Watching u.
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by BY1434(m): 10:53pm On May 24, 2015
SergeAlain:
Just one thing to say on this matter.

In 1 or 2 months time when the APC led FG finally rests the subsidy program, I hope they also have the decency to tender a full and unreserved apology to the GEJ administration.
When he proposed removing the subsidy in 2012 this same opposition demonized him.

Well like they say, what the old sage can see sitting on a stool, the youth may not appreciate even if he climbed an iroko tree!!!!

I don't know why some people will always defend this clueless man,its the people and labour that rose against him cos the subsidy removal was force down. The throat of nigerians wiithout adequate information and prosecution of those claim are collecting the subsidy fraudulently.the govt still succeeded in removing some % from the subsidy and what has become the fate of SURE P today?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by jidebaba69(m): 11:04pm On May 24, 2015
jcmaiah:
In body in his right senses would know they are simply hoarding their product in case APC refuse to pay them the subsidy. I don't know is all these APC confusionists want GEJ to go to their houses and drag them out to sale fuel.
This administration is clearly at fault for we are facing today. If they had a policy in place then we would not be blackmailed by the very cabal they themselves created and empowered. The problem is that this government has spent the country's resources in order to get re-elected but failed and now there are no funds to pay off their friends, the marketers .
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by Seuncoded(f): 12:01am On May 25, 2015
GudluckIBB:
Okonjo or whatever they call you,this is no time for stories.One thing you must know is that one day, you people will pay for these sufferrings we are going through.it might not be now but one day, you, the clueless one and alison will regret it.
Amen Brother They Will Surely Reap This.. We are Suffering For Her Heenh only what Left Now Is Garri Sincerly God is Going To Punish All Of You In Jesus Name... All What We are Facing Now will Rain Curse On Your Children...
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by Nobody: 12:07am On May 25, 2015
These marketers nor get name sef? so that Nigerians will know the ppl responsible for the crumbling or this country's economy
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by tochstorm(m): 12:24am On May 25, 2015
know were to put your blame dude.
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by Echo50(m): 6:24am On May 25, 2015
Majority of us should plz stop pointg fingers because if given dsame positn, we will do worst.
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by ayaside(m): 6:27am On May 25, 2015
Hatred has a way of blindfolding people.If no one believes you ma'am..I believe you;at least 50%

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by Felis4u(m): 7:04am On May 25, 2015
signz:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/183548-fuel-crisis-%e2%80%8b%e2%80%8bokonjo-iweala-accuses-oil-marketers-of-blackmail.html
oh pls Okonjo Iweala should pls shut up n pay this so called marketerz....she's nt paying dem from her personal savingz...its our money...wats she claimingthe one her so called Boi Friend Jona used 4 electionz whose complaining......Make she just park well!!!!is there no minister of education,Agriculture etc in this country....ministry of finance ma foot....who she don help
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by larrymoore(m): 8:25am On May 25, 2015
Haven't ur Ministry been paying such bill.
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by signz: 8:26am On May 25, 2015
Felis4u:
oh pls Okonjo Iweala should pls shut up n pay this so called marketerz....she's nt paying dem from her personal savingz...its our money...wats she claimingthe one her so called Boi Friend Jona used 4 electionz whose complaining......Make she just park well!!!!is there no minister of education,Agriculture etc in this country....ministry of finance ma foot....who she don help

I don't blame NOI cos if she pays the differentials now, articles will be sponsored against her by APC and people like you will blame her for it. You may even ask GMB to imprison her.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by Bsyno(f): 9:09am On May 25, 2015
Human govt n dishonesty
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by aresa: 2:18pm On May 25, 2015
youngbest:

Mofo who did you think spear headed the whole campaign.

Of what rellevance is this senseless and meaningless post. Some of you really shouldn't be on the internet.
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by aresa: 3:04pm On May 25, 2015
ozoro:

My friend this was only 4 years ago, don't get the facts twisted. You obviously were not following the news at the time.

Both SLS & NOI were preaching the same thing, oil importers were fraudulently clamming vast amounts of money in the name of subsidy but not buttoning in the right amounts of PMS. Both SLS & NOI wanted to totally scrap the subsidy as OBJ had done previously with diesel.

But we the masses refused. We argued that investment must find a way to sell PMS at below international prices because we believe this of the only benefit we Nigerians could get from our government.

No system can sell a product at below normal price without unintentional problems.

We caused this problem for ourselves.

You obviously didn't see or read over your own contradictions and upside down post.

1. She knows about this scheme, but month after month and year after year, she keeps paying the subsidy racketeers and allowing the scheme to go on and keep bleeding Nigerians for trillions with zero government intervention or supervision, now that the chicken is now home to roost and Nigerians are suffering and the already collapsed economy she supervised is getting worse and worse and also the Nigerian economy losing billions every day, she's now flexing as if she was in a bubble all along.

Is this deception of the usual cluelessness and gross incompetence? I say both.

2. Economy 101 dictates that when something is costing beyond what you can afford, find other creative ways to deflect cost and save money. So, why after 16 years in office and 4 years after this video was made, this government that she's a part of refused to build 1 single refinery to curb importation of fuel and needless subsidy payments?

So, is it that they thought the right thing to do and what's best for Nigeria is not to build any refinery to stop importation of fuel since what they've paid to safr to their cronies is more than enough to build tons of refineries?

Or is it just to keep feeding their friends in the subsidy game while deceiving Nigerians that they really are concerned like this thoughtless and incompetent woman is doing right now?

I say both..

Bottom line against your your contradictory post, she's in the loop per what's going on with the subsidy game, her government and her boss refused to end it by investing in critically needed refineries to process our crude and eventually ending the need for importation of fuel and subsidy payments.

Subsidy removal is not the solution, doing whatever it takes to end fuel and refined petroleum products importation is the answer and the government she represents failed Nigerians in this regard and as the person in charge of the Nigerian economy, she failed us many times over.

Today we are talking about missing oil money here and there and government agencies not remitting funds into the treasury, where was this woman and the person in charge of our money before? We found out about missing funds because the same SLS blew the whistle, not because the woman in charge who finally admitted that $10 billion was missing found out and fought to get our money back.

Where was she?

She kept her eyes off our money or just pretending like she didn't know what was going on?

Or just gross incompetence all over again?

This is more than enough to force her to resign, but she's on the job today because incompetence and incompetent culture is part of our make up, it's our National character and she's part of the most corrupt and incompetent government the surface of the earth...
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by timchuks87: 4:14pm On May 25, 2015
dadexcel:
............................my friend you see why your likes really need to wise up? You ve succeeded in ranting and insulting your elders as usual, but you have actually said NOTHING!!! Maybe when you make a comment we can now see if your contribution requires a debate or not! You are blessed!

Insulting my elder? Is that suppose to be you or Madam Iweala?

I think its you who need to make a comment instead of fanning yourself atop that high horse of yours.

If in less than 2 months with many warning signs a bunch of Oil marketers were able to lay siege to a whole nation, so easily. I blame the government before I turn to d markters.

A government which isn't armed for such sabotage is not only unfit but should hide in shame. Your the government for crying out, na marketers suppose fear within you fit do, not the other way round.
Re: Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail by mikolo80: 10:51pm On May 25, 2015
ichidodo:
Tis just pure undiluted greed by these cabals,if only we did away with them and scrapped their subsidy as far back as 2012 we wouldn't be in this mess....But Alas, thieffnubu's media propaganda and opposition tricked us,but would you blame him? Wale Thieffnubu of Oando is one the thieving cabals too...
500billion sure p money miss within 3months of 30Naira increase and you want us to allow them raise it by another 40Naira. Are you high

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Borno Village, Scores Feared killed / Abia: Mahmud Mohammed Queries Auta Over Conflicting Rulings / Herdsmen Attack: PDP Delegations Supplies Food And Other Relief Materials (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.