Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

As A New Upcoming Dad! What Do I Need To Know? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A New Upcoming Dad! What Do I Need To Know? (929 Views)

How My Dad's Loving Words Made Me A Better Person / My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help / She Slapped His Dad. What Should He Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A New Upcoming Dad! What Do I Need To Know? by abios22: 1:22pm On May 24, 2015
I'LL BE HAVING MY FIRST BORN (DAUGHTER) IN ABOUT 4 MONTHS TIME.. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO BE A DAD.

I WANNA KNOW FROM DAD'S OUT HERE, WHAT INFORMATION DO I NEED TO KNOW.. I WANNA BE THE BEST DAD I COULD BE AND WOULD NEED YOUR HELP ..

THANKS
Re: As A New Upcoming Dad! What Do I Need To Know? by enoqueen: 11:20pm On May 24, 2015
Just calm down and let nature takes it course.

Give all the love you can. wink
Re: As A New Upcoming Dad! What Do I Need To Know? by LewsTherin: 6:34am On May 25, 2015
The desire to be a great father is the first step. But make arrangements now, and not after your kid comes.

Here's a cheat I used. I always talked to the baby in her mummy's womb. Talked and sang and prayed for her so she hears my voice. Today, just the sound of my voice is enough to make her happy. She loves hearing my voice. I mean if I'm on the phone, she stops whatever she's doing and just stares at me with a smile on her face and once I smile back, it's giglles and more giggles. Even when she's asleep, I try not to talk cos it can wake her up!! My mother In-Law calls her "I love my daddy". Try it.

Plus download some baby apps that can nelp you know what to do and what to expect. It's not for the mother alone. Apps like My Baby Today gives you daily pointers and advice. It's been priceless to me. You get the medically accurate and scientifically proven points not myths and folklore that are more common from friends and family that are "experts"

3 Likes

Re: As A New Upcoming Dad! What Do I Need To Know? by abios22: 2:15pm On May 25, 2015
LewsTherin:
The desire to be a great father is the first step. But make arrangements now, and not after your kid comes.

Here's a cheat I used. I always talked to the baby in her mummy's womb. Talked and sang and prayed for her so she hears my voice. Today, just the sound of my voice is enough to make her happy. She loves hearing my voice. I mean if I'm on the phone, she stops whatever she's doing and just stares at me with a smile on her face and once I smile back, it's giglles and more giggles. Even when she's asleep, I try not to talk cos it can wake her up!! My mother In-Law calls her "I love my daddy". Try it.

Plus download some baby apps that can nelp you know what to do and what to expect. It's not for the mother alone. Apps like My Baby Today gives you daily pointers and advice. It's been priceless to me. You get the medically accurate and scientifically proven points not myths and folklore that are more common from friends and family that are "experts"

Thanks Boss.

That's very helpful
Re: As A New Upcoming Dad! What Do I Need To Know? by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 25, 2015
LewsTherin:

LewsTherin, that's beautiful! You might not know this but what you're experiencing with your daughter is something Developmental Psychologists have experimented on and proven to be true. She heard your voice when was in the womb and now recognizes it! You can be miles away and one word from you and she will know it's her Daddy talking. When she was born, if an experiment was done on her, you would see that she even remembers the songs and prayers you said to her. I've written a longer reply to explain but I've lost it now on my phone. Most of the studies done were actually with mothers - when their babies were in the womb and when they were born. It's fascinating that you, a Father, simply did it out of your love for your child and you are getting the same effect. Kudos! The bigger picture is that unknowingly, you have played a role in your daughter's language development.
Re: As A New Upcoming Dad! What Do I Need To Know? by itstpia8: 9:16am On Dec 18, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Help! Husband Refused To Teach His Daughter His Language, He Prefers Chinese / Inkspression: Single And Happy / Pics:49yr Old Woman Gives Birth 2 A Set Of Twins 14yrs After Marriage In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.