Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity (22034 Views)

Senate Gives Osinbajo 3 Conditions To Accept Magu / PDP Conducts Poll To Rate Buhari's 2 Years In Office: See Results And Reactions / Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by DONSMITH123(m): 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2015
By Henry Umoru & Joseph Erunke

THE Senate Committee on Petroleum (Downstream),has directed the Minister of Petroleum Resources,President Muhammadu Buhari, to end the ongoing fuel scarcity in the country within two weeks from now.

This came on the heels of disclosure by the Pipeline Products Marketing Company,PPMC,that Nigeria lost a whopping N50 billion in ten months as a result of vandalisation of petroleum pipeline in some parts of the country.

Chairman of the committee,Senator Uche Ekwenife, who gave the directive,Thursday,in Abuja,during the committee’s meeting with top officials of Ministry of Petroleum Resources,insisted that the petroleum minister must not only end the scarcity but ensure ensure that fuel was sold to the public at government’s controlled price of N87.00 per litre.

Senator Ekwenife,representing Anambra South, on the platform of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party,PDP,frowend at the ongoing fuel crisis,saying Nigerians were suffering untold hardship following the development.

Fuming over what she described as unnecessary fuel crisis, Ekwenife, said:”We are mandating the Minister of Petroleum Resources,the Permanent Secretary and heads of agencies to stop this fuel scarcity in two weeks.

“We are giving a target now,we don’t wan’t to know how you would achieve it.Nigerians want to see an end to this fuel scarcity.

Details coming soon—

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/senate-gives-buhari-2-week-ultimatum-to-end-fuel-scarcity/

8 Likes

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by chocolateme(f): 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
Bubu.. Please do something about this issue before the rush of season.

FTC
Chocolate cream

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by OnankpaBa(m): 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
In as much as i love PMB , i think something need to be done about fuel scarcity urgently insted of travelling to malta guinness. or Malta

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by agitator: 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
ok, which senate? undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by kozmokaz(m): 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
pmb go soon show una d qualities of a dictator

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by Firefire(m): 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2015
You see...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by Firefire(m): 1:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
OnankpaBa:
In as much as i love PMB , i think something need to be done about fuel scarcity urgently insted of travelling to malta guinness. or Malta

Another trip waiting...

The grandpa no go respect his old age and stay at home to perform his duty. undecided

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by saintopus(m): 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2015
Good thinking!! Good product!! From our senators. Fuel price here in PH is N250 per litre in black market

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2015
"which of the senate, the same senate that went to eat dinner with PMB while their zombies were busy trekking for fuel to buy?" quote me anywhere

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by PointB: 1:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
Interesting...

I don't know why that geriatric duara dullard believes he can combine the Herculean task of Petroleum Minister with the rigour of managing complex state affairs not withstanding his debilitating mental and physical state.

His selfishness and myopia is what the country is suffering from. He should resign one of the positions ASAP!

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
Do we have a senate in Nigeria ?

money bags

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by Chubhie: 1:59pm On Nov 26, 2015
Your president don't give a damn like his predecessor.

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by OnankpaBa(m): 1:59pm On Nov 26, 2015
Firefire:

Another trip waiting...

bros if i tell you how i manage buy fuel yesterday ehen?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by Acermoon(m): 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
He's the minister of petroleum....
Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by DONSMITH123(m): 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"which of the senate, the same senate that went to eat dinner with PMB while their zombies were busy trekking for fuel to buy?" quote me anywhere

i will quote you but no comments grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by DONSMITH123(m): 2:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
Acermoon:
He's the minister of petroleum....

Minister of petroleum, fine. He should do something about fuel scarcity.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by oluwaSmith1(f): 2:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
grin isokay

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by maupe: 2:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
This is futile. The Senate should have backed the move to summon the President, to stand before it and explain the persistent scarcity. Which would have precipitated, the minister of state for petroleum, appearing on his behalf, to explain and proffer a solution to the menace. .

5 Likes

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by Baboo13(m): 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
Lmao they are giving their oga ultimatum

Btw click Like if you got double promotion from primary 4 to primary 6

4 Likes

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by ayusco85(m): 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
2 week OR?

3 Likes

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by lasisi69(f): 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
End time Senate...

11 Likes

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by damton(m): 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
Yeye dey smell.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by chynie: 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
1st ask him to sit his ass down and start the work we voted him for

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by Hefemale: 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
Mobile President

11 Likes

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by jnrbayano(m): 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
They should cut his itinerary allowance as well.

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by Hysmady(m): 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
Chai...Endtime senate shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by Acermoon(m): 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
DONSMITH123:

Minister of petroleum, fine. He should do something about fuel scarcity.

Should I inform him
Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by anonimi: 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
Otherwise...
Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by DONSMITH123(m): 2:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
Acermoon:

Should I inform him

pls do

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by darlenese(f): 2:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
Mumu Ultimatum ?

SMH

His level of dumbness is alarming

7 Likes

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by anonimi: 2:09pm On Nov 26, 2015

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity by fejikudz(m): 2:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hussaini Mairiga Blasts Buhari Over Dasuki, Says Cabal Ruling Nigeria / Army Probes Soldiers For Torturing Terrorist To Death / Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.