Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,112 members, 7,953,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:35 PM

Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo (15065 Views)

Zahra Buhari Releases Disclaimer On Any Social Media Outlet Managed For Her / Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist / Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by billyG(m): 11:50pm On May 24, 2015
Even ota chicken will not trust this cunning old fox.
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by chizzy24(m): 12:06am On May 25, 2015
midolian:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Sunday said Nigeria had been poorly managed for eight years, telling Nigerians to be patient with the incoming administration of President-Elect, Muhammadu Buhari, to correct the prevailing abnormalities.

He said this during a visit of a delegation of South-West women leaders, under the leadership of Iyalode of Yorubaland,Chief Alaba Lawson, to his Abeokuta Hilltop residence.

Obasanjo noted that it would take a sizable time for Buhari to correct the anomalies.

He said, “The country had been poorly managed in the last eight years, and it will take some time for Buhari’s government to correct the anomalies. But I want to him not to be frightened.

“When I came in 1999, there was no fuel, there was no power. The situation was like this, and I thought we have put that one behind us. The man that is coming on board has a lot of experience in terms of governance.

“He is not a green horn. We have both worked together in administering, then as a military Head of State and we did it well. Nigerians need to exercise patience because what have been destroyed in eight years cannot be rebuilt in a day.

“Let’s give him time. Let’s pray for him and let’s cooperate with him. We are all concerned about the present situation of Nigeria. The expectation is very high but at the same time, there is a lot of goodwill internally and externally for the incoming government.

“Once the incoming administration realises this and takes every step, particularly in the first three months,when people will be watching and counting, I think for me, we will get there.”

The former president, however, warned Buhari not to take Nigerians for granted but to be as honest as possible in overseeing the country, adding that Nigerians were clever and could not be deceived.

He told the visitors that he believed in the managerial and political acumen of the President-elect in leading Nigeria aright, because “he is not a novice in governance, having ruled the country as a military Head of State from 1983 to 1985.”

Obasanjo said with Buhari at the helm, the citizens would have a new opportunity.

He said, “God has provided a new opportunity for Nigeria and Nigerians and I believe God does not make mistake.

“There are two things I believe the incoming President appreciates. One is that he knows that the expectations of Nigerians are high and two, that he should not be frightened by the situation on the ground.

“All he has to do is to be honest with Nigerians, he should not deceive them. He should not be an ostrich. He should not deceive Nigerians and not to be too clever with them.

“There is a lot of goodwill for the incoming administration from within and outside the country. What is important is that steps have to be taken that will not lead to the squandering of the goodwill and I believe the incoming government will be able to take care of that.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/nigeria-poorly-managed-for-eight-years-obasanjo/

Cc: Lalasticlala
obasanjo is a big fool. He shud go to he'll.. stupid goat.
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by undesopadec: 3:16am On May 25, 2015
72 Hours Ultimatum:
13% DESOPADEC RESTRUCTURING BILL PENDING BEFORE THE DELTA STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY
Worried by the refusal of the Delta state house of Assembly to expeditiously pass the DESOPADEC restructuring bill, pending before the Delta State house of Assembly.
Concerned that the bill seek to allow producing communities have absolute control of 50% of 13% Derivation component.
Angered by the fact that the leadership of the joint communities have exhausted all avenues and appealed to the Delta State House of Assembly to pass the said bill.
The Leadership of Itshekiri, Ijaw, Urhobo, Isoko and Ndokwa communities of Delta State commences a warning joint action to ensure the total closure of all production facilities in Delta State pending the passage of the bill.
The combined ethnic nations have jointly issued the leadership of the Delta state House of Assembly and the outgoing governor has been given 72 hours to expressly pass the bill.

ALL FACILITIES SHALL BE SHUT DOWN

Note: The news above is an excerpt, the complete News would be aired on Channels TV and newspapers within 24 hours.

For more information visit:

www.facebook.com/undesopadec

www.undesopadec.com

Video: http:///1KfTQl0
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:02am On May 25, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

ONLY THE IGBOS BENEFITED FROM GEJ'S MISRULE THATS WHY THEY ARE WILLING TO FOLLOW HIM LIKE A FLY TRAILING A CORPSE TO THE GRAVE

Ur immaturity stinks...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:03am On May 25, 2015
publicenemy:
He is the best president Nigeria has ever had... He took over a delapidated Nigeria under IBB and Abacha's regime and held Nigeria together in peace before handing over to Umar Y'adua whose soul will continue to rest in peace,before this Foool and his Imbecilee wife from Otuoke took over and ran Nigeria like a zoo just because he studied zoology...

The best thing to happen to Nigeria is the election of Buhari...it shows that Nigerians can still put religion and tribalism and do the needfull for a better Nigeria...

Check the facts. Abacha's tenure was way better than objs'
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by tete7000(m): 6:59am On May 25, 2015
oduastates:
Baba created jobs.
Real jobs in banking, telecoms,IT,education,hospitality petroleum etc.
Real middle class stuffs
Not to forget, the foreign visa galore ( won by OBJ gravitas)which many of my friends took advantage of to get out of Nigeria.
The only item he erred on was in the choice of successors. Coming out of a military dictatorship, I will excuse most of obj's misdemeanours.
By the way, most of what is good about Nigeria was either built by baba himself, or a government he was part of( refineries, highways, dams, power plants etc)
His successors come in and destroy most of his hardwork.
Where is olokola and brass LNG?
How I wished buhari had the $64 billion external reserves obj left behind to play with. With people like David West, Itse sagay, Fashola, Pat utomi,sanusi doing their thing.
What about a budget of 60/40 reccurrent to capital expenditure?

You claimed he did well but handed over to bad successor, what is worse than choosing bad successor and putting the future of the country in jeopardy? He made the same mistake twice, first in 1979 and then 2007. Unfortunately his choices were made for personal parochial and selfish interest. Abeg this man laid the foundation for our current woes, he should keep quiet and go and sit down.
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:15am On May 25, 2015
I'm surprised someone uses his own mouth way em day use chop yam and oil day talk rubbish say obasanjo did what? I'm not surprised, he's not versatile in current affairs, abachas regime was better, ibb na chop I chop, person come out from prison, carry prison mentality rule Nigeria, one oga come day rant some kain things for here.
Like say e easy to rule Nigeria, shebi na change, next week na, make we see
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Donclaracuzo: 7:55am On May 25, 2015
midolian:
When compared to GEJ's regime, honestly, one wld know baba tried..baba really tried. Only that I still find it hard to forgive him for imposing GEJ on us(by crook). undecided

Its jst 5days to go buh it looks like 5yrs 'in my eyes' ..I jst can't wait for GEJ to hand over angry

Can u please make the comparison here?
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:14am On May 25, 2015
Lol yorubas and eye service. Na the same thing way obasanjo day do now.... Heheheheheh, IMO, yorubas are the most corrupt when it comes to rulership of Nigeria, because them no see money to do bash every Friday, na em make GEJ become outcast, suppose GEJ dance to obasanjo tune,by now he for know as e day go, always reaping from where they do not sow, and very tribalistic.

I want everyone to see this and insult me as they like, it's allowed, truth is bitter, even the hausas don't trust them completely, funny they don't know it,you think they are as stupid as u see them, remember what they did to GEJ, hahahahahah expect even the worst.
To me, GEJ did his best,even tho we didn't allow him to complete because of the Problems, everyday, but somehow, lol, we day regret am now.
I wish we learn from our mistakes.

Long live Nigeria, God go help us all.
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Donclaracuzo: 8:27am On May 25, 2015
[quote author=oduastates post=34059729]Baba created jobs.
Real middle class stuffs
Not to forget, the foreign visa galore ( won by OBJ gravitas)which many of my friends took advantage of to get out of Nigeria.
The only item he erred on was in the choice of successors. Coming out of a military dictatorship, I will excuse most of obj's misdemeanours.
By the way, most of what is good about Nigeria was either built by baba himself, or a government he was part of( refineries, highways, dams, power plants etc)
How I wished buhari had the $64 billion external reserves obj left behind to play with. With people like David West, Itse sagay, Fashola, Pat utomi,sanusi doing their thing.

[/quote

Jonathan's govt created jobs,reduced food importation bills. E.g Jonathan Inaugurates 105,000 Metric Tones Integrated Rice Mill in Nasarawa which is the largest rice farm in Africa. His govt was working so that the common man can see food on the table. Over the years, the distribution of fertilizers has remained a racketeering business for some group of persons.As a way of curbing the racketeering syndicate in the distribution of fertilizers,his govt introduced Nigeria Incentive based Risk Sharing Systems for Agricultural Lending (NIRSAL) by the Central Bank of Nigeria. Jonathan's govt built major abandoned roads in the North , south west and other regions of the country. The Lagos Ibadan, Lagos Benin express road which was abandoned by ur mighty obasanjo for his 8 wasted yrs of his govt are now reconstructed. What of Jona's railway refurbishment? Just to mention but this few for now. Obasanjo's tenure was a wasted govt and looted the country dry.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Donclaracuzo: 8:31am On May 25, 2015
oduastates:
Baba created jobs.
Real middle class stuffs

Jonathan's govt created jobs,reduced food
importation bills. E.g Jonathan Inaugurates 105,000
Metric Tones Integrated Rice Mill in Nasarawa which
is the largest rice farm in Africa. His govt was
working so that the common man can see food on
the table. Over the years, the distribution of
fertilizers has remained a racketeering business for
some group of persons.As a way of curbing the
racketeering syndicate in the distribution of
fertilizers,his govt introduced Nigeria Incentive
based Risk Sharing Systems for Agricultural Lending
(NIRSAL) by the Central Bank of Nigeria. Jonathan's
govt built major abandoned roads in the North ,
south west and other regions of the country. The
Lagos Ibadan, Lagos Benin express road which was
abandoned by ur mighty obasanjo for his 8 wasted
yrs of his govt are now reconstructed. What of
Jona's railway refurbishment? Just to mention but
this few for now. Obasanjo's tenure was a wasted
govt and looted the country dry.
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by j1mmy: 8:44am On May 25, 2015
midolian:
...adding that Nigerians were clever and could not be deceived.
Cc: Lalasticlala

Is this old fool for real?
Nigerians are the most deceived and agric fowl people on the planet.
Where else will you find people willing to allow dictators and rigged politicians complete their stolen tenures?
Who gives all their time and money to 419 pastors on the promise of paradise in an imaginary heaven?
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by anonimi: 9:11am On May 25, 2015
oduastates:
Baba created jobs.
Real middle class stuffs

Abeg make una come see concentrated stewpidity on display grin

The Agbaya of Owu did all these job creation plus "real middle class stuffs" yet many of your friends found it necessary "to get out of Nigeria"

Is it that you are:

a) Confused
b) a Liar
c) Both

Anyway you be liar already because General Bully Aminu of Ota did not win any foreign visa galore gravitas!!!
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Chynx(m): 10:12am On May 25, 2015
Obasanjo should shut up his dirty guts!

Didn't he steal money?

It's only in Nigeria that thieves have guts to judge!

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by nkemdi89(f): 10:32am On May 25, 2015
gimakon:

Na u day talk back to this one. He just talk make em sweet am for mouth, make em be like, yes he contributed, from his speech, he is very tribalistic and he does eye service to please his boss. I pity people who work with him in the office. Smh, he go use eye service and hatred for other tribe day win promotion. Block headed guy
Don't mind them they won't get their fact because they want to spill hatred.
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Lilswaghanxum(m): 1:17pm On May 25, 2015
The average yoruba man would say he tried but truth be told obj didnt try
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by KemiJesus(f): 1:22pm On May 25, 2015
Baba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Group Writes EFCC To Arrest Peter Obi Over Embezzlement Of N259b(Pics) / Niger Delta Agitation: Osinbajo, Sylva, Otuaro Meet In Aso Rock / What's The Implication Of Sir Ahmadu Bello's October 12, 1960 Statement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.