Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (788580 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by bily(m): 2:39am On Aug 24, 2016
enochogaga:

yes

Good day Chief,

I have a tec Oga Generator, the 5.5kva with ATS.

The voltage display on the panel is always 240 volts. I have tried adjusting the screws, but the voltage stays the same, though the engine speed reduces.

Any adjustments I make only reduces the displayed frequency to below 50hz but voltage still stays @ 240v.

Is this normal? Should I be worried? I feel 240v is a bit on the high side, 230 would have been better.

What's your opinion on this
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
bily:

Good day Chief,

I have a tec Oga Generator, the 5.5kva with ATS.

The voltage display on the panel is always 240 volts. I have tried adjusting the screws, but the voltage stays the same, though the engine speed reduces.

Any adjustments I make only reduces the displayed frequency to below 50hz but voltage still stays @ 240v.

Is this normal? Should I be worried? I feel 240v is a bit on the high side, 230 would have been better.

What's your opinion on this

the firing increasement does not ncrease the voltage of a gen with an AVR. allthough there are some applainces, that 240 will bw toomuch for,

the voltage can be reduce frm the AVR, if u can loose the avr out, there is a resistor with screw on the AVR, is there u can reduce it.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by bily(m): 8:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
enochogaga:

the firing increasement does not ncrease the voltage of a gen with an AVR. allthough there are some applainces, that 240 will bw toomuch for,

the voltage can be reduce frm the AVR, if u can loose the avr out, there is a resistor with screw on the AVR, is there u can reduce it.

Any guide on location of the avr? Thanks

*modified*

Was able to figure it out. I adjusted the voltage to 230v succesfully.

One Generator Mechanic said it can't be adjusted, that it's fine at 240v.

Another one said 240v is too much, that I will need to buy a new avr grin

Thanks a lot. you be correct engineer.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by AdeOracle(m): 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2016
@enochogaga,gen prof ,. being a long time you posted on here,hope nothing?
well my gen is acting strange,consumes engine oil ever since i used an adulterated engine oil and a repairman advised i change the ring,how much do you think i can a replacement ring for sumec firman gen 2.9kva rating

cc enochogaga
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 8:24am On Aug 31, 2016
bily:

Any guide on location of the avr? Thanks

*modified*

Was able to figure it out. I adjusted the voltage to 230v succesfully.

One Generator Mechanic said it can't be adjusted, that it's fine at 240v.

Another one said 240v is too much, that I will need to buy a new avr grin

Thanks a lot. you be correct engineer.

it is not all engineer that know how to correct high voltage, through avr, many just go and buy new one, and some times even the new one will drop to like
190-210 volt, not upto 220. but they will not know, voltage can be increase and decrease through the coil, or the avr.
am not just a mechanic,am also a REWINDER, i rewinde all types of coil, all type of Gen coil, anyting coil,anyting using copper wire, i think this is what make me differ frm order mechanic. then also, if i tell u am work on ELECTRONICS, u all will now say, jack off trade is master of noon, but am master in all this,
so bro let me come back to ur avr stuff, if ur mech says he will get another avr just let him get it, but my fear if the new one will be like the follow come avr.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 8:27am On Aug 31, 2016
AdeOracle:
@enochogaga,gen prof ,. being a long time you posted on here,hope nothing?
well my gen is acting strange,consumes engine oil ever since i used an adulterated engine oil and a repairman advised i change the ring,how much do you think i can a replacement ring for sumec firman gen 2.9kva rating

cc enochogaga
i cant really say a pecific amount u need to spend, cos location matters, even also on materials
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by twinskenny(m): 10:39am On Aug 31, 2016
enochogaga:

i cant really say a pecific amount u need to spend, cos location matters, even also on materials

Which silent generator do you recommend for a duplex.... And do you know anything about automatic Change over switch?

Thankst
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by AdeOracle(m): 11:01am On Aug 31, 2016
enochogaga:

a range of how much?so i can prepare my pocket
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
twinskenny:

Which silent generator do you recommend for a duplex.... And do you know anything about automatic Change over switch?

Thankst

depend on ur load u use, but at a max on a duplex, load u need 7-10kva

yeah i do built auto changeover, my auto changover is does not work like that of the chinese types or order, i mean when light come the chinese will take some second,before ur gen off, and u go change to light manually,
no my changeover, off the gen immidaitly nepa light come and it change itself to nepa light automatically not even up to one second and ur light will not blink or ur applainces going off, the only thing u will know that nepa light as come is when ur gen as off, but the light will blink.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
AdeOracle:

a range of how much?so i can prepare my pocket
if just rings alone, be budgeting 4-5k
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by twinskenny(m): 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
enochogaga:

depend on ur load u use, but at a max on a duplex, load u need 7-10kva

yeah i do built auto changeover, my auto changover is does not work like that of the chinese types or order, i mean when light come the chinese will take some second,before ur gen off, and u go change to light manually,
no my changeover, off the gen immidaitly nepa light come and it change itself to nepa light automatically not even up to one second and ur light will not blink or ur applainces going off, the only thing u will know that nepa light as come is when ur gen as off, but the light will blink.

We need to talk please send me a whatsapp message on 08051355133
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by bily(m): 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2016
enochogaga:

it is not all engineer that know how to correct high voltage, through avr, many just go and buy new one, and some times even the new one will drop to like
190-210 volt, not upto 220. but they will not know, voltage can be increase and decrease through the coil, or the avr.
am not just a mechanic,am also a REWINDER, i rewinde all types of coil, all type of Gen coil, anyting coil,anyting using copper wire, i think this is what make me differ frm order mechanic. then also, if i tell u am work on ELECTRONICS, u all will now say, jack off trade is master of noon, but am master in all this,
so bro let me come back to ur avr stuff, if ur mech says he will get another avr just let him get it, but my fear if the new one will be like the follow come avr.

Maybe you did not get my post.. .

I have already adjusted the voltage from the avr myself following your advice.

I was just letting you know what different mechanics said before I consulted you, and you just have me a simple solution that worked. Thanks again
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 6:33am On Sep 01, 2016
bily:

Maybe you did not get my post.. .

I have already adjusted the voltage from the avr myself following your advice.

I was just letting you know what different mechanics said before I consulted you, and you just have me a simple solution that worked. Thanks again

welcome
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Krak(m): 7:16pm On Sep 05, 2016
enochogaga:

welcome

Pls what is the correct Engine Oil/Petrol ratio for small tiger generator. That's the quantity of Engine oil per litre of petrol.

Secondly what kind of Engine oil is better to use, is it sealed one or the measured ones sold by the road side.

I want to use this gen and don't want to have problems with it.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 8:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
luminity:
WITH THE ELECTRICITY TARIFF GOING UP AND THE UNSTABLE ECONOMY SITUATION WE FIND OURSELF IN, YOU NEED BACKUP INVERTER OR SOLAR ELECTRICITY FOR YOUR HOME BUSINESSES, WHY NOT LET US HELP YOU CUT COST OF POWER, YOU CAN HAVE 24 HOURS ELECTRICITY FOR A LIFE TIME!!!, CALL LUMINITY TECHNOLOGIES AND GADGETS ON 08184815827 OR 08147068749, WE WILL BE GLAD TO GIVE FREE EXPERT ADVICE AND SERVICES.

pls mr man, this place is strictly for gen, not solar and inverter stuff.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 8:56pm On Sep 06, 2016
Krak:

Pls what is the correct Engine Oil/Petrol ratio for small tiger generator. That's the quantity of Engine oil per litre of petrol.

Secondly what kind of Engine oil is better to use, is it sealed one or the measured ones sold by the road side.

I want to use this gen and don't want to have problems with it.

1 litter of fuel should be half of the oil measure cup, then 2litter is the full cup,

my bro, u can use road side oil, because the oil does not remain in the engine,it normally burn out with the fuel.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Krak(m): 9:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
enochogaga:

1 litter of fuel should be half of the oil measure cup, then 2litter is the full cup,

my bro, u can use road side oil, because the oil does not remain in the engine,it normally burn out with the fuel.

Thanks for this.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Tonycharles79(m): 11:27am On Sep 07, 2016
Greetings Prof, what's your impression of Maxi generators marketed by fouani ltd. thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 11:04pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tonycharles79:
Greetings Prof, what's your impression of Maxi generators marketed by fouani ltd. thanks
not a bad one
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by guente02(m): 12:04am On Sep 08, 2016
When i turn on my pasun generator and connect my pc anytime i right click i tend to see some sort of fluctuations from the led lighting. Do know whats happening? Its a new gen.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by talk2joel(m): 10:45pm On Sep 08, 2016
Some1 mistakenly switched on our pumping machine on my beta pass my neighbour tiger generator thinking it was d bigger gen, immediatly power went of in my room, but d gen was still running. What do u suggest I do cus d gen cant power my house?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2016
guente02:
When i turn on my pasun generator and connect my pc anytime i right click i tend to see some sort of fluctuations from the led lighting. Do know whats happening? Its a new gen.

red light in ur pc or the on the gen?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
talk2joel:
Some1 mistakenly switched on our pumping machine on my beta pass my neighbour tiger generator thinking it was d bigger gen, immediatly power went of in my room, but d gen was still running. What do u suggest I do cus d gen cant power my house?

if the gen is using a seccute breaker, then the breaker as break the voltage, check the dash board when u normaly plug ur wire on, by the side of it u will see a round black nob, just press it inside, but if it still dont work, remove the supply frm the coil and join it to ur load direct, but it still dont work change the capacitor, if it still dont work then is ur diode in ur amateur.

5 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by guente02(m): 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2016
enochogaga:

red light in ur pc or the on the gen?
My normal energy saying bulb inside my house. It fluctuates when i fluctuates.

And secondly there is a Red Light on the gen in the oil indicator. What does the Light mean?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by talk2joel(m): 1:11am On Sep 10, 2016
enochogaga:

if the gen is using a seccute breaker, then the breaker as break the voltage, check the dash board when u normaly plug ur wire on, by the side of it u will see a round black nob, just press it inside, but if it still dont work, remove the supply frm the coil and join it to ur load direct, but it still dont work change the capacitor, if it still dont work then is ur diode in ur amateur.

Thanks a lot 4ur response. I tried d 1st option nd it gave a fluctuating light but was not able 2carry any load. wat do u think I sud do?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Kimlad: 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
Good evening prof, I want to get generator power booster for my 1kva tiger generator in order to power my tokunbo small freezer. Is this advisable?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
talk2joel:

Thanks a lot 4ur response. I tried d 1st option nd it gave a fluctuating light but was not able 2carry any load. wat do u think I sud do?

sory for the late responds, i was banned for no reason
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ayodot(m): 7:33am On Sep 16, 2016
Hello Engr.

I will like to know why what causes the damage to battery of 2.0-5.5kva Generator. They seems to be the first thing to get spoiled

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Raymondluv(m): 10:09am On Sep 19, 2016
enochogaga:
Am here to give you any answer about fault on ur generators, and how to identify original generators.
pls I need help.let me explain it to you
It all started on friday when i wanted to make use
of the Generator I put on the Generator set buy
7pm,buy 8:15pm the Generator light went off but
the Generator was still on.I went out side I tried
adjusting the plug wire no way i put off the
Generator, on it back again light came on after
some minite the light went off but Generator was
still on I went out side tried adjusting the plug it
came on and went off again..same thing happened
on Saturday.I put on the Generator in the morning
from 10Am to 11:15Am nothing happend but when
i want to use it at night and i put on television the
light we go off but generator we be on.I dont know
what to do am using an ELEPAQ generator set
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
talk2joel:

sory for the late respons, i am trying to just know where is the fault coming frm, cos for engine not to carry load, it can be cap,it can be blockage of exaust and is just to service the engine,it can be the capasitor,or diode in the amateur.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.