Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram (2661 Views)

Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring / Falana Seeks Pardon For 70 Soldiers Serving 10 Years For Mutiny / Northern Leaders Demand Amnesty For Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:26am On May 25, 2015
Prominent Northern leaders including the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Mohammed Uwais have called on the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, to declare amnesty for Boko Haram insurgents when he takes over power on May 29.

The leaders include; the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Ambassador Babagana Kingibe and former Nigerian Ambassador to the United Nations, Ibrahim Gambari.

According to Vanguard report, their plea was contained in a statement issued after a two-day conference with the theme: “Security and Governance Challenges in Africa’s largest Democracy,” by the Savannah Centre for Diplomacy, Democracy and Development, SCDDD, as part of its “Nigeria Beyond 2015 Project,” in Abuja yesterday.

The cooperative statement was signed by Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, founder of Savannah Centre, Major General Ishola Williams, Executive Secretary, Pan-African Strategic and Peace Research Group, PAN-AFSTRAG, Justice Mohammed Uwais (chairman of the occasion) and Ambassador Abdullahi Omaki, executive director of the Savannah Centre.

They also pleaded with the Federal Government “to expedite action on the compensation of victims of Boko Haram terrorism and insurgency through the established and funded Victims’ Support Fund,” calling for urgent priority attention to the special economic programme for the North East by the incoming administration.

The statement further called “for the establishment of a special economic programme for the affected states of the North-East, focusing on rehabilitation, resettlement and reconstruction,’’ and also the need for “the governors of the North-East States and indeed of the entire North, on the necessity for a blueprint that addresses the issues of vocational and skills-acquisition education for the youths.’’

http://www.naij.com/444825-northern-leaders-demand-pardon-for-boko-haram.html

2 Shares

Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by QuotaSystem: 11:27am On May 25, 2015
Unless our 'northern leaders' want to tell us something we don't know about BH, they should shut their traps. I smell a desire for a looting channel to be created like the Niger Delta Amnesty Programme so they can also have their fill.

I trust General Buhari though, no mercy for the bloody killers. If the way he treated the similar Maitatsine in 1984 is anything to go by, the terrorists should get set to be chased and blown to smithereens.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:29am On May 25, 2015
Whatever type of pardon or amnesty Buhari might decide to grant his boko haram brothers should be funded with proceeds from sales of kwikwili & sugarcane.

Oil money from the Niger Delta cannot be wasted on blood-sucking jihadist vermins who decided to embark on a senseless and meaningless campaign of violence against the Nigerian state.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:29am On May 25, 2015
Lalasticlala, Ishilove.
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:30am On May 25, 2015
Barcanista

Dearpreye

NDVPF

Passingshot

madamoringo

Gbawa

Blacktechnology
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:31am On May 25, 2015
It's being a part of the elaborate BH conspiracy.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by tucky200(m): 11:33am On May 25, 2015
Hmm..I think dis is a good idea ..like they once did to asari and his boys
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:33am On May 25, 2015
dearpreye:
It's being a part of the elaborate BH conspiracy.

Exactly. I am beginning to see the bigger picture in all this boko haram shit. The next plan will be to heavily divert oil money to the north in the name of rebuilding boko haram damaged areas. just wait and see. these northerners have a master script they are gradually acting out, starting with the creation of boko haram to pushing Jonathan out of Aso Rock and now to amnesty for their jihadists. I smh. embarassed

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by DuchessLily(f): 11:34am On May 25, 2015
Imagine ooo
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:35am On May 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Exactly. I am beginning to see the bigger picture in all this boko haram shit. The next plan will be to heavily divert oil money to the north in the name of rebuilding boko haram damaged areas. just wait and see. these northerners have a master script they are gradually acting out, starting with the creation of boko haram to pushing Jonathan out of Aso Rock and now to amnesty for their jihadists. I smh. embarassed

I only pity the gullible and the blind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by psucc(m): 11:35am On May 25, 2015
See plot.
These Abokis are becoming wiser by the day. now that the Boko Haram had succeeded in 'installing' Buhari he needs to settle them. Why give the settlement 'Amnesty'. Buhari must do the needful or else the boys will go angry and wild.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:35am On May 25, 2015
tucky200:
[s]Hmm..I think dis is a good idea ..like they once did to asari and his boys[/s]

No!!!! Anybody trying to compare the Niger Delta struggle to boko haram should urgently book a bed in yaba left before it is too late....Let me stop here for now.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:37am On May 25, 2015
psucc:
See plot.
These Abokis are becoming wiser by the day. now that the Boko Haram had succeeded in 'installing' Buhari he needs to settle them. Why give the settlement 'Amnesty'. Buhari must do the needful or else the boys will go angry and wild.

Buhari obviously has to settle those vampires or else they might convert the whole north into a complete desert.

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by QuotaSystem: 11:38am On May 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Whatever type of pardon or amnesty Buhari might decide to grant his boko haram brothers should be funded with proceeds from sales of kwikwili & sugarcane.

Oil money from the Niger Delta cannot be wasted on blood-sucking jihadist vermins who decided to embark on a senseless and meaningless campaign of violence against the Nigerian state.

Can you for once be objective without going into another tirade about 'oyel money'? What has it done for you? What did it do for the Niger Delta through their son for 6 years when it was most valuable? Even Orubebe has seen the light and asked you all to go and fish.

They are simply looking for their own chance to loot like their Niger Delta counterparts did with the amnesty programme, and masking under the name 'northern elders'. Whose northern elders? Not mine for sure.

Funny thing is you're not even from the Niger Delta, the thing you are after is what they are after so guard your glass house well.
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by tucky200(m): 11:41am On May 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

No!!!! Anybody trying to compare the Niger Delta struggle to boko haram should urgently book a bed in yaba left before it is too late....Let me stop here for now.
What is dis mugu saying.....
Wetin be my business wit u na
Thunder wan fire ur papa ni
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Chiaka(f): 11:44am On May 25, 2015
Whats the difference between this proposed amnesty and the one proposed by Goodluck long before now Something is fishy!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:45am On May 25, 2015
tucky200:

[s]What is dis mugu saying.....
Wetin be my business wit u na
Thunder wan fire ur papa ni[/s]

The thunder wen go fire your useless papa wen they sell gala and lacasera for third mainland bride dey do press up. useless tree-to-tree jumping ape sired by mad village monkeys. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:46am On May 25, 2015
Agents of America.
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by QuotaSystem: 11:52am On May 25, 2015
The North does not need any amnesty for BH (so these leaders speak for themselves), but a programme of massive development as a result of the destruction of infrastructure from their attacks. A special fund should be created for this once the country recovers from the present economic shock.
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by tucky200(m): 11:52am On May 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The thunder wen go fire your useless papa wen they sell gala and lacasera for third mainland bride dey do press up. useless tree-to-tree jumping ape sired by made village monkeys. grin grin grin
Anu mpama
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:55am On May 25, 2015
tucky200:

Anu mpama

Shut up you product of a leaking condom. grin I blame your useless father who could not afford ordinary N50 gold circle thereby cursing humanity with a dog like you. Deranged goat. tongue

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by tucky200(m): 11:57am On May 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Shut up you product of a leaking condom. grin I blame your useless father who could not afford ordinary N50 gold circle thereby cursing humanity with a dog like you. Deranged goat. tongue
Ode
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:59am On May 25, 2015
tucky200:

My father is a cursed Ode

Eeya, pele oo, no wonder you are so frustrated. take heart eehere. grin grin grin
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by AhmedMustapha(m): 12:02pm On May 25, 2015
This is old news
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by tucky200(m): 12:03pm On May 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Eeya, pele oo, my family is so so frustrated. Am so sorry please forgive me bro.
undecided
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 25, 2015
Great
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by PassingShot(m): 12:05pm On May 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Barcanista

Dearpreye

NDVPF

Passingshot

madamoringo

Gbawa

Blacktechnology

Where were you when this topic hit the FP? Were you on sabbatical aka as lengthy ban?
grin
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 25, 2015
[quote author=tucky200 post=my mother is a cusrsed ashawo who is the known village witch that is fvcked by all the babaloawos in my villages cry cry cry[/quote]

Nawa oo, na so e reach u, oya take heart. embarassed
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Where were you when this topic hit the FP? Were you on sabbatical aka as lengthy ban?
grin

yeah, I served a short ban. smiley
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 25, 2015
AhmedMustapha:
This is old news

Ok. undecided
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by BlackTechnology: 12:09pm On May 25, 2015
The real BH revealing themselves grin
Re: Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram by PassingShot(m): 12:09pm On May 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

yeah, I served a short ban. smiley

It was on the FP hence the supermods ignored it now.

@ topic,

Northerners, just as SSners did with GEJ, are free to ask for anything from PMB no matter how ridiculous it seems. How the president deals with such requests is what will define the type of president he is.

(1) (2)

What Lt Col Muhammad Abu Ali Told His Colleagues Before Boko Haram Killed Him / Throwback Photo Of President Buhari Cracking A Joke With A Waiter / Why Buhari Might Win Again, A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.