Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja (15355 Views)

Save Oyo State Public Schools / Anambra State Public Schools Best In Nigeria? (Photos) / Five Things About Students Who Attend Public Schools. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by vybrant(m): 1:46pm On May 25, 2015
In a statement made available to the Nation, the leadership of the union ordered the closure of schools with effect from Monday due to non-payment of some allowances by government, non implementation of 2013 and 2014 promotion backlog.

well, i don't think the above are good enough reasons why they should deny those kids access to learning
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by free2ryhme: 1:47pm On May 25, 2015
angry
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by baybeeboi: 1:47pm On May 25, 2015
okay, this is getting more interesting.
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by ElFenomeno1: 1:47pm On May 25, 2015
M0GIDI:
#Babaonechance era would be filled with strikes and chaos, I laugh in kafanchan.

Oxyfuc...ktard.... We are still in the GEJ era!
Dumbfu....ck!

2 Likes

Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by olu77(m): 1:47pm On May 25, 2015
M0GIDI:
#Babaonechance era would be filled with strikes and chaos, I laugh in kafanchan.

I am happy sha tha prisons will be filled with the right criminals

Babaonechance meaning: the only one chance PDP thieves have is to return all the stealing-is-not-corruption loot to avoid prison abi?

You are creative, keep it up cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by lizu4chizu(m): 1:48pm On May 25, 2015
vichks:
Jonathan is a basttarrd

Grow up boy! Jonathan is not FCT minister undecided
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by tolexy007(m): 1:49pm On May 25, 2015
*Stiffing* i smell revolution grin grin
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 25, 2015
literarymathy:
It is like living in a post-apocalyptic nightmare! How can our leaders appear to be doing nothing while the whole country sits on a keg of gun powder? Foreign and national investors are shutting down slowly, the roads are dry, motorists are parking, hotels are closing, prices are shooting up, light is a story for the gods, fuel is a scarce commodity, water cannot be pumped. For a country blessed with mineral and natural resources, I don't believe we can ever degrade to this level! Even the amount of internet users have dwindled because phones are dead. Nigeria needs a miracle! IT IS WELL!!!

So this is the much adulated "FTC" on nairaland? Well, nothing special afterall. Freemanan, I summon thee! cheesy
In Rev. Father Mbaka's voice "Disaster is coming".......... Hahahah which way naija

2 Likes

Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by Akposkool(m): 1:50pm On May 25, 2015
Buhari must be worried right now cus the workload left for him won't even allow him prosecute these politicians. I knew gej was up to something when he called for peace after the election.

3 Likes

Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by shina419(m): 1:50pm On May 25, 2015
M0GIDI:
may ur family perish as Jonathan is doing oloriburukun cant u use ur brain, omo ale it will not be better for ur generation

4 Likes

Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by watchindelta(m): 1:51pm On May 25, 2015
I wan join dem

1 Like

Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by Madamkilljoy(f): 1:53pm On May 25, 2015
Inasmuch as I despise the condition of our situation, I would appreciate it if this nationwide strike doesn't affect Universities. The thought of schools shutting down when I'm about to write my final examination in some days scares the life out of me.
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by assana: 1:53pm On May 25, 2015
Kia this is rapture taking place ooooo undecided
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by efilefun(m): 1:55pm On May 25, 2015
caused by your power drunk paymaster
M0GIDI:

1 Like

Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by tyson99(m): 1:55pm On May 25, 2015
shina419:
may ur family perish as Jonathan is doing oloriburukun cant u use ur brain, omo ale it will not be better for ur generation
Amen Amen and Amen

1 Like

Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by efilefun(m): 1:56pm On May 25, 2015
just like his name implies "SHIGIDI" dont have brain
shina419:
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 25, 2015
lizu4chizu:

Grow up boy! Jonathan is not FCT minister undecided
shattap, is the fct minister not in his payroll? When a work is bad do you accuse the employee or the employer of the work ?
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by CaptainJune: 2:05pm On May 25, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Nigeria's problem is that we are not using our numerous mineral and material resources to fuel an industrial revolution...rather...we sell and sell...and share the money...and thus become dependent on another man's money....to the extent that when prices crash, we are broke.

Nigeria needs freedom from resource dependency. Nigeria needs industrial development. Oil is not a blessing.
The bolded is exactly my thought. Oil is the CURSE of Nigeria. Many developed nations don't even have a barrel of oil as one of their natural resources but Nigeria cannot stand shoulder to shoulder with them in terms of solid national and economic development. Nigeria needs to explore other avenues of resource generation to enhance the per capita income of its citizens. That way, infrastructural and economic development will be a natural by product.

With the exception of Nnamdi Azikiwe, Obafemi Awolowo, and Gen. Murtala Muhammed I say shame on our past leaders to the current one. They are all failures for lacking innovation and for pursuing their personal satisfaction rather than the wellbeing of the Nation...Babangida, Obasanjo and Jonathan being the biggest failures of them all.

1 Like

Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by kenny987(f): 2:07pm On May 25, 2015
CaptainJune:
The bolded is exactly my thought. Oil is the CURSE of Nigeria. Many developed nations don't even have a barrel of oil as one of their natural resources but Nigeria cannot stand shoulder to shoulder with them in terms of solid national and economic development. Nigeria needs to explore other avenues of resource generation to enhance the per capita income of its citizens. That way, infrastructural and economic development will be a natural by product.

With the exception of Nnamdi Azikiwe, Obafemi Awolowo, and Gen. Murtala Muhammed I say shame on our past leaders to the current one. They are all failures for lacking innovation and for pursuing their personal satisfaction rather than the wellbeing of the Nation...Babangida, Obasanja and Jonathan being the biggest failures of them all.

Actually, it is not a curse, it is our mentality towards it that makes it appear like that. If our leaders and all stakeholders had done the proper thing from day one rather than see it as free lunch, we would not be where we are today. Oil should have been an easy way of making Nigeria great but if we see it as a curse, it is like saying cars are also curses because people have accidents in or with them all the time. Do u then stop the production and use of cars or apply measures to ensure proper usage/maintenance, good roads, that drivers don't operate them under the influence of intoxicating substances, speed limits are followed and so on?

The right attitude is to employ the resources in the right way. Why achieve something the hard way when there is an easy way to achieve same and even greater? It is only unfortunate and in fact criminal, that our leaders from the time of discovery till date saw it as a license for laziness, when for instance, one said there is so much money that there don't know what to so with it... You see that the oil and money from it is not bad, it is the attitude of the handlers and greed that has brought us to this point. It is a blessing only misused!

Exploring other sources of resource generation is absolutely necessary and must be pursued vigorously but that does not make oil discovery a curse. Will the revenue earned from other sources be different in effect from that earned from oil if used judiciously? 100 Naira is 100 Naira no matter the source, the important thing is the use of such revenue. If other sources are developed and revenue is again mismanaged and diverted into private pockets, we remain where we are or even worse.
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by timilehing(m): 2:10pm On May 25, 2015
Jonathan is an original Bastar.d. Even his last days as president is a nightmare
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 25, 2015
Even morgue doctors are leaving the morgue due to decomposition from power outage=^> cryEven morgue doctors are leaving the morgue due to decomposition from power outage=^>
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by CaptainJune: 2:13pm On May 25, 2015
kenny987:

Actually, it is not a curse
Tell me why you think it is not a curse.

With the figures generated from production and exportation of oil, why is Nigeria still poor as a church rat? Why is the power supply still eratic and not stable? Why can't we afford something as common as potable water in every home? Why is Nigeria still owing very huge foreign and national debts? What has the government done with the revenues generated from the sales of our national resources? How does the abundance of oil reflect positively in our economy and much more? Please tell me why you think oil is not our curse.
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by kenny987(f): 2:14pm On May 25, 2015
CaptainJune:
Tell me why you think it is not a curse.

With the figures generated from production and exportation of oil, why is Nigeria still poor as a church rat? Why is the power supply still eratic and not stable? Why can't we afford something as common as potable water in every home? Why is Nigeria still owing very huge foreign and national debts? What has the government done with the revenues generated from the sales of our national resources? How does the abundance of oil reflect positively in our economy and much more? Please tell me why you think oil is not our curse.

Read my full post now...hit the send key before I finished my thoughts
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by notoriousbabe: 2:18pm On May 25, 2015
dhesire:
Like play, like play, the matter at hand is getting messy and messier by the day.
wetin remain now na to get small petrol and set the whole place on fire
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 25, 2015
ehie:
PDP IS TAKING Nigeria TO ITS GRAVE
why speak wen u don't even understand what is going on.
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by notoriousbabe: 2:20pm On May 25, 2015
tolexy12:
Even morgue doctors are leaving the morgue due to decomposition from power outage=^> cryEven morgue doctors are leaving the morgue due to decomposition from power outage=^>
no wonder I saw dead body running around everywhere
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by ken4jj(m): 2:23pm On May 25, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Nigeria's problem is that we are not using our numerous mineral and material resources to fuel an industrial revolution...rather...we sell and sell...and share the money...and thus become dependent on another man's money....to the extent that when prices crash, we are broke.

Nigeria needs freedom from resource dependency. Nigeria needs industrial development. Oil is not a blessing.

Keep saying it. Oil is a curse to this country. But will our greedy government and her citizens allow for a genuine structural development? They answer is no. I hate to say this , in 2019 we will still be in this kind of situation , i just hope i will be wrong . The structure of this country is faulty, will they politicians and citizens allow for a re-structuring to usher in real development? greed will never allow them. The cycle continues.
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by kenny987(f): 2:26pm On May 25, 2015
ken4jj:

Keep saying it. Oil is a curse to this country. But will our greedy government and her citizens allow for a genuine structural development? They answer is no. I hate to say this , in 2019 we will still be in this kind of situation , i just hope i will be wrong . The structure of this country is faulty, will they politicians and citizens allow for a re-structuring to usher in real development? greed will never allow them. The cycle continues.

Actually, it is not a curse, it is our mentality towards it that makes it appear like that. If our leaders and all stakeholders had done the proper thing from day one rather than see it as free lunch, we would not be where we are today. Oil should have been an easy way of making Nigeria great but if we see it as a curse, it is like saying cars are also curses because people have accidents in or with them all the time. Do u then stop the production and use of cars or apply measures to ensure proper usage/maintenance, good roads, that drivers don't operate them under the influence of intoxicating substances, speed limits are followed and so on?

The right attitude is to employ the resources in the right way. Why achieve something the hard way when there is an easy way to achieve same and even greater? It is only unfortunate and in fact criminal, that our leaders from the time of discovery till date saw it as a license for laziness, when for instance, one said there is so much money that there don't know what to so with it... You see that the oil and money from it is not bad, it is the attitude of the handlers and greed that has brought us to this point. It is a blessing only misused!

Exploring other sources of resource generation is absolutely necessary and must be pursued vigorously but that does not make oil discovery a curse. Will the revenue earned from other sources be different in effect from that earned from oil if used judiciously? 100 Naira is 100 Naira no matter the source, the important thing is the use of such revenue. If other sources are developed and revenue is again mismanaged and diverted into private pockets, we remain where we are or even worse.
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by ken4jj(m): 2:30pm On May 25, 2015
kenny987:

I think you are right. it is not a curse in the real sense but a "curse" because of who we are as a people.
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by TopHand: 2:32pm On May 25, 2015
No fuel, no light, no police patrol, no flights, no network, no kerosine, no government, GEJ and PDP why are you asking for forgiveness? We refuse your prayers and ask for GOD for punishment for all of you
Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by CaptainJune: 2:43pm On May 25, 2015
kenny987:

Actually, it is not a curse, it is our mentality towards it that makes it appear like that. If our leaders and all stakeholders had done the proper thing from day one rather than see it as free lunch, we would not be where we are today. Oil should have been an easy way of making Nigeria great but if we see it as a curse, it is like saying cars are also curses because people have accidents in or with them all the time. The right attitude is to employ the resources in the right way. Why achieve something the hard way when there is an easy way to achieve same and even greater? It is only unfortunate that our leaders from the time of discovery till date saw it as a passport to laziness, when for instance, one said there is so much money that there don't know what to so with it... You see that the oil and money form it is not bad, it is the attitude of the handlers and greed that has brought us to this point. It is a blessing only misused!
I get your drift but you have indirectly buttressed my point that oil is a curse by taking the normative economic approach -what ought to be.

If the oil was not a natural resource, wouldn't we have delved into the production and exploration of other resources? We would have applied our energy in maximizing profit from the little resources we have so that the revenue we derive from them would be used to further establish industries that would expand their production. That way, Nigeria would have grown and developed faster than its current snail-pace development as a result of the availability and abundance of oil.

Moreover, the revenues generated from oil have not been channeled into the repair and maintenance of our refineries which is the MAJOR reason we are feeling the bite of fuel scarcity today.

Oil is a good thing only if the leaders had used it profitably for the wellbeing and growth of the per capita income of the masses. It would have served to justify the title of Giant of Africa if the gains we derived from it had been used to embark on nation wide industrialization to increase not only our GDP but the per capita income. The per capita income of the citizens is a true indicator of economic development.

However, this is the opposite case with Nigeria. Our industries are either few or are neglected. Most working industries you find belong to foreigners. Nigeria, with all its oil, is still backward developmentally. Basic infrastructures of light, water and transportation are under-developed despite boasting of huge returns from the exportation of oil and other natural resources. I haven't even mentioned revenues gotten from tax payment, levies, fines and other sources of government revenue.

There is only one place I quite agree with you and that is where you mentioned the greed of leaders making it impossible for our oil resource to be fully utilised for national development. Their greed exists because of the availability of oil. As long as the oil is there Nigeria will remain backward. This is how they have turned the blessing of our natural resource to a curse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUT Shuts Down Public Schools In Abuja by kenny987(f): 2:59pm On May 25, 2015
CaptainJune:
I get your drift but you have indirectly buttressed my point that oil is a curse by taking the normative economic approach -what ought to be.

If the oil was not a natural resource, wouldn't we have delved into the production and exploration of other resources? We would have applied our energy in maximizing profit from the little resources we have so that the revenue we derive from them would be used to further establish industries that would expand their production. That way, Nigeria would have grown and developed faster than its current snail-pace development as a result of the availability and abundance of oil.

Moreover, the revenues generated from oil have not been channeled into the repair and maintenance of our refineries which is the MAJOR reason we are feeling the bite of fuel scarcity today.

Oil is a good thing only if the leaders had used it profitably for the wellbeing and growth of the per capita income of the masses. It would have served to justify the title of Giant of Africa if the gains we derived from it had been used to embark on nation wide industrialization to increase not only our GDP but the per capita income. The per capita income of the citizens is a true indicator of economic development.

However, this is the opposite case with Nigeria. Our industries are either few or are neglected. Most working industries you find belong to foreigners. Nigeria, with all its oil, is still backward developmentally. Basic infrastructures of light, water and transportation are under-developed despite boasting of huge returns from the exportation of oil and other natural resources. I haven't even mentioned revenues gotten from tax payment, levies, fines and other sources of government revenue.

There is only one place I quite agree with you and that is where you mentioned the greed of leaders making it impossible for our oil resource to be fully utilised for national development. Their greed exists because of the availability of oil. As long as the oil is there Nigeria will remain backward. This is how they have turned the blessing of our natural resource to a curse.

We agree on various points but calling it a curse again is like throwing away a baby with the bathwater. The fact that babies can keep u awake at night, get sick, become children that can be naughty and some unfortunately turn into the robbers and miscreants we have today does not make babies or children curses. They are still blessings that must be directed and trained properly and that is my point with the Nigerian oil. Look at Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, their oil is also a natural resource and is in abundance, more so than Nigeria's but because they handled it well, u see their countries, how rich and advanced they are. That is the point we should come from. If we did not have oil, we would have turned to other things and the question still remains, 'Will resources from these sources other than oil be utilized effectively?'

Of course, the refineries should be maintained so u can produce more. When jobs are created, people work and get paid. An employer pays his staff and maintains his machinery because that way, his employees remain effective and he maintains optimal output. Anything that generates income must be maintained in the course of its lifetime. Even your clothes are washed and dried and ironed; hangers are bought as well as boxes/suitcases to store them in because they serve their function so u must maintain them accordingly. I maintain that oil is not a curse at all whether abundant or scarce. It is bad handling/management and greed that have brought us to this point.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

80% Of First Class And 2.1 Failed Nnpc Test / 2016/2017 Uniben Direct Entry Update / Report Writing - The Purpose Of Reports (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.