Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. (4949 Views)

A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. / Who Are Those Going To Hell. Almost All Christains Will Be Traveling To Hell / Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by MzzTega(f): 4:57pm On May 25, 2015
OK. I got confused about this last week. Was studying when i came across Matthew 5 vs 17. Jesus said and i quote; ‘‘Do not think that i have come to do away with the Law of Moses and the teachings of the prophets. I have not come to do away with them,but to make their teachings come true''.

Going to verse 38 of same chapter i got confused,it was talking about; An eye for an eye;that was what was in the law of moses,jesus said; do not take revenge on someone who wrongs you.

Aint the two laws contradictory?

In Malachi; GOD said he hates divorce

In Matthew;Jesus said;(paraphrased) divorcing a woman other than unfaithfulness,makes her commit adultery.
That is to say;Divorce is permitted only on the ground of unfaithfulness.

Corinthians further stressed it that;When you find it hard to forgive the unfaithful act,divorce.

I need an explanation.

cc:emusmith and all the bible scholars in the house
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by FortresOfChrist(f): 5:11pm On May 25, 2015
MzzTega:
OK. I got confused about this last week. Was studying when i came across Matthew 5 vs 17. Jesus said and i quote; ‘‘Do not think that i have come to do away with the Law of Moses and the teachings of the prophets. I have not come to do away with them,but to make their teachings come true''.

Going to verse 38 of same chapter i got confused,it was talking about; An eye for an eye;that was what was in the law of moses,jesus said; do not take revenge on someone who wrongs you.

1/ There's a mis-interpretation of Matthew 5v17 by the advocate of laws of Moses. Lord our fortress did not mean the law of Moses will remain for ever. The law is until the Son is revealed and the Spirit poured out. The Lord our fortress meant in Matt. 5v17 that THE THINGS THAT WAS WRITTEN IN THE LAW OF MOSES AND THE PROPHETIC BOOKS CONCERNING HIM ARE WHAT HE CAME TO BRING THEM TO PASS...I have not come to do away with them,but to make their teachings come true. Like you rightly pointed, the Lord our fortress taught against many laws of Moses. Should he meant he didn't come to abolish the law and meant for the law to remain, why should he teach contrary to what he claimed not to abolish? The Lord our fortress even violated many laws of Moses but yet, sin wasn't charged against him.

2 Likes

Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by FortresOfChrist(f): 5:18pm On May 25, 2015
2./ When you see a Christian don't commit adultery or fornication or steal or bear false witness etc. it is not because he/she does that to obey the laws of Moses but to obey the laws of the Spirit. A Christian is not given the laws of Moses to obey but the Spirit & faith to obey. Moses is completely against the teachings of the new covenant in the messages of the cross, burial and resurrection of Lord our fortress.
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by FortresOfChrist(f): 5:22pm On May 25, 2015
3./

GOD'S WORD® Translation
For example, whenever non-Jews who don't have laws from God do by nature the things that Moses' Teachings contain, they are a law to themselves even though they don't have any laws from God.
Romans 2:14
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by Scholar8200(m): 7:24pm On May 25, 2015
MzzTega:
[i] OK. I got confused about this last week. Was studying when i came across Matthew 5 vs 17. Jesus said and i quote; ‘‘Do not think that i have come to do away with the Law of Moses and the teachings of the prophets. I have not come to do away with them,but to make their teachings come true''.

The law also taught Leviticus 19:18
18 You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord. Hence the greatest commandment supersedes the one included because of the hardness of their heart.

No! Rather grace which came by Jesus takes away our claims to the aspects allowed as a result of hardness of heart. If you look at the Sermon on the Mount, you will notice this. The sermon on the mount exposes the hardness of the heart and Grace takes it away as promised Ezekiel 36:26b (This is the main blessing in the New Covenant)
I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

In Matthew;Jesus said;(paraphrased) divorcing a woman other than unfaithfulness,makes her commit adultery.
In the OT,just as Jesus said, a man was allowed to put away his wife if he discovered she had been involved in fornication prior to marriage hence was not a virgin. Deuteronomy 22:13-21
13 “If any man takes a wife, and goes in to her, and detests her, 14 and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings a bad name on her, and says, ‘I took this woman, and when I came to her I found she was not a virgin
16 And the young woman’s father shall say to the elders, ‘I gave my daughter to this man as wife, and he detests her.
17 Now he has charged her with shameful conduct, saying, “I found your daughter was not a virgin,” and yet these are the evidences of my daughter’s virginity.’ And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.
19 and they shall fine him one hundred shekels of silver and give them to the father of the young woman, because he has brought a bad name on a virgin of Israel. And she shall be his wife; he cannot divorce her all his days.

20 “But if the thing is true, and evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, 21 then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones, because she has done a disgraceful thing in Israel, to play the harlot in her father’s house. So you shall put away the evil from among you.

However, Jesus revealed that anyone who puts away his wife is not allowed to remarry and the woman thus put away cannot remarry. Way out? Forgiveness! Similar to Jesus saying he that is without sin let him throw his wife out.(Not until you went to bed with a woman; even the lusts lodged in your heart before salvation makes you no different before God than the disvirgined [but now saved] woman). This will sure take a heart of flesh, the impact of God's grace to do.

Corinthians further stressed it that;When you find it hard to forgive the unfaithful act,divorce.
Paul simply emphasized Christ's teachings. But come to think of it. You find it hard to forgive someone, then God also wont forgive you! It's painful but that simple.
I need an explanation.
You just got one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by kemifunke: 9:52pm On May 25, 2015
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by elantraceey(f): 10:28pm On May 25, 2015
Sorry sweet , you only lack understanding , just pray to God to teach you his word and he'll teach you , don't try to understand with with your own understanding , it won't work .

Let me just give you a little insight.

Jesus said he didn't come to do away with the law but to fulfil it right?

Now look at this , He gave us a new commandment with is Love , Love your God and your neighbour .

Now see, if you love your neighbour will you steal from him? Will you convert his goods? etc .

The Law of Love fulfils the law , he's just saying instead of you to try fulfilling all yourself and end up making mistakes why not just walk in love?

3 Likes

Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by tola9ja: 10:46pm On May 25, 2015
MzzTega:

I need an explanation.

i need explanation on this

2 Chronicles 15:13Amplified Bible (AMP)

13 And that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by Scholar8200(m): 11:29pm On May 25, 2015
tola9ja:

13 And that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.
Kindly read the chapter. The place you quoted was not God's command but the people's joint consecration to seek God. See Verse 15,"And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought Him with their whole desire and He was found of them: and the LORD gave them rest..." this shows that no one was forced, it was done willingly hence they all rejoiced at the oath.

1 Like

Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by NumberOne2(m): 1:12am On May 26, 2015
tola9ja:

Dude, did you read verse 9 to see the people (and context) involved or its not part of your Bible?

And he gathered all Judah and Benjamin, and the strangers with them out of Ephraim and Manasseh, and out of Simeon: for they fell to him out of Israel in abundance, when they saw that the LORD his God was with him - 2 Chron 15:9
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by MzzTega(f): 3:05pm On May 26, 2015
FortresOfChrist:

1/ There's a mis-interpretation of Matthew 5v17 by the advocate of laws of Moses. Lord our fortress did not mean the law of Moses will remain for ever. The law is until the Son is revealed and the Spirit poured out. The Lord our fortress meant in Matt. 5v17 that THE THINGS THAT WAS WRITTEN IN THE LAW OF MOSES AND THE PROPHETIC BOOKS CONCERNING HIM ARE WHAT HE CAME TO BRING THEM TO PASS...I have not come to do away with them,but to make their teachings come true. Like you rightly pointed, the Lord our fortress taught against many laws of Moses. Should he meant he didn't come to abolish the law and meant for the law to remain, why should he teach contrary to what he claimed not to abolish? The Lord our fortress even violated many laws of Moses but yet, sin wasn't charged against him.

That's the question. Yes,he violated the law and sin wasn't charged against him,yet the law wasn't abolished
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by MzzTega(f): 3:08pm On May 26, 2015
FortresOfChrist:
2./ When you see a Christian don't commit adultery or fornication or steal or bear false witness etc. it is not because he/she does that to obey the laws of Moses but to obey the laws of the Spirit. A Christian is not given the laws of Moses to obey but the Spirit & faith to obey. Moses is completely against the teachings of the new covenant in the messages of the cross, burial and resurrection of Lord our fortress.

Ma,i really did not understand this one.More explanation.
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by MzzTega(f): 3:13pm On May 26, 2015
Scholar8200:
The law also taught Leviticus 19:18
18 You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord. Hence the greatest commandment supersedes the one included because of the hardness of their heart.
No! Rather grace which came by Jesus takes away our claims to the aspects allowed as a result of hardness of heart. If you look at the Sermon on the Mount, you will notice this. The sermon on the mount exposes the hardness of the heart and Grace takes it away as promised Ezekiel 36:26b (This is the main blessing in the New Covenant)
I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
In the OT,just as Jesus said, a man was allowed to put away his wife if he discovered she had been involved in fornication prior to marriage hence was not a virgin. Deuteronomy 22:13-21
13 “If any man takes a wife, and goes in to her, and detests her, 14 and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings a bad name on her, and says, ‘I took this woman, and when I came to her I found she was not a virgin
16 And the young woman’s father shall say to the elders, ‘I gave my daughter to this man as wife, and he detests her.
17 Now he has charged her with shameful conduct, saying, “I found your daughter was not a virgin,” and yet these are the evidences of my daughter’s virginity.’ And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.
19 and they shall fine him one hundred shekels of silver and give them to the father of the young woman, because he has brought a bad name on a virgin of Israel. And she shall be his wife; he cannot divorce her all his days.

20 “But if the thing is true, and evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, 21 then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones, because she has done a disgraceful thing in Israel, to play the harlot in her father’s house. So you shall put away the evil from among you.

However, Jesus revealed that anyone who puts away his wife is not allowed to remarry and the woman thus put away cannot remarry. Way out? Forgiveness! Similar to Jesus saying he that is without sin let him throw his wife out.(Not until you went to bed with a woman; even the lusts lodged in your heart before salvation makes you no different before God than the disvirgined [but now saved] woman). This will sure take a heart of flesh, the impact of God's grace to do.
Paul simply emphasized Christ's teachings. But come to think of it. You find it hard to forgive someone, then God also wont forgive you! It's painful but that simple.
You just got one!

Thank you.
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by MzzTega(f): 3:16pm On May 26, 2015
elantraceey:
Sorry sweet , you only lack understanding , just pray to God to teach you his word and he'll teach you , don't try to understand with with your own understanding , it won't work .

Let me just give you a little insight.

Jesus said he didn't come to do away with the law but to fulfil it right?

Now look at this , He gave us a new commandment with is Love , Love your God and your neighbour .

Now see, if you love your neighbour will you steal from him? Will you convert his goods? etc .

The Law of Love fulfils the law , he's just saying instead of you to try fulfilling all yourself and end up making mistakes why not just walk in love?

…Alright. Thank you.
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by tola9ja: 6:50pm On May 26, 2015
NumberOne2:

Dude, did you read verse 9 to see the people (and context) involved or its not part of your Bible?

And he gathered all Judah and Benjamin, and the strangers with them out of Ephraim and Manasseh, and out of Simeon: for they fell to him out of Israel in abundance, when they saw that the LORD his God was with him - 2 Chron 15:9
ok
lastly
help me with this

1 Samuel 15:3Amplified Bible (AMP)

3 Now go and smite Amalek and utterly destroy all they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by NumberOne2(m): 10:55pm On May 26, 2015
tola9ja:

ok
lastly
help me with this

1 Samuel 15:3Amplified Bible (AMP)

3 Now go and smite Amalek and utterly destroy all they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.

Yeah, there is always a LASTLY. Well here is my lastly.
What help do you need? It is written in English Language. If you don't understand it, check a Bible in your Local Language. I am NOT an English teacher.

1 Like

Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by tola9ja: 11:03pm On May 26, 2015
NumberOne2:

Yeah, there is always a LASTLY. Well here is my lastly.
What help do you need? It is written in English Language. If you don't understand it, check a Bible in your Local Language. I am NOT an English teacher.
am asking what the verse is really trying to teach ?
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by Scholar8200(m): 8:02am On May 27, 2015
The judgement of Amalek as declared in the verse you quoted, had a trail :

1.Exodus 17:8Then Amalek came and fought against Israel at Rephidim. Without any provocation, they attacked a nation newly liberated from captivity, killing some in the process until Israel defended itself. No doubt this was not the only Nation they attacked in cold blood sans provocation. It was their habit and lifestyle.

2.Then Balaam saw Amalek and spoke his message: "Amalek was first among the nations, but their end will be utter destruction."Numbers 24:20
Balaam, the seer(who was not an Israelite) gave this prophecy concerning them. This must have been as a result of their cruel ways.
Warning always precedes judgement. Nineveh was warned and she repented and judgement was withheld.

3. "Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he set himself against him on the way while he was coming up from Egypt.1 Samuel 15:2 The set time for an unrepentant,cruel nation had come. GOD the Righteous Judge Who said, "vengeance is mine", had waited long enough and the cup of iniquity of Amalek had become full. And God decided to lay vengeance on Amalek by Israel. He could have used another nation like He did in other places.

The verse therefore teaches that
1),"Whoever remains stiff-necked after many rebukes will suddenly be destroyed--without remedy."Proverbs 29:1. We cant afford to spurn warnings continually, scoffing and blaspheming and wondering why judgement did not come immediately! Truth is God remains Who He is scoffing or not. However, judgement has its time just as we have ours.

2)Also the judgement took time to be fulfilled because:
The Lord does not delay and is not tardy or slow about what He promises, according to some people’s conception of slowness, but He is long-suffering (extraordinarily patient) toward you, not desiring that any should perish, but that all should turn to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, 2 Peter 3:9,10a. God desires repentance that He is willing to delay judgement but not forever.

3) The nature of sinners who misunderstand Divine patience is also seen
Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, the hearts of the sons of men are fully set to do evil. Ecclesiastes 8:11

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by peeparty(m): 11:35am On May 28, 2015
Am fyn sis,hope ur doin well in shool?@mzztega
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by MzzTega(f): 7:17pm On May 28, 2015
peeparty:
Am fyn sis,hope ur doin well in shool?@mzztega
Yes,we thank God
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by peeparty(m): 7:33pm On May 28, 2015
MzzTega:

Yes,we thank God
aii be good n stay outta trouble
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by scentmarlc(m): 5:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
MzzTega:

I need an explanation.

Beloveth, open yur bible with me to the book of...erm...erm....ermm.....*opens bible----closes it back*

Scratch that !!!
Sister the holy spirit will guide you. Amen. I wish i could lounge into my medulla and pull out verses that can help your cause buht i cant. So i pray the holy spirit to guide you all d way.
Stay bless sis

MR.NL 2015, SCENTMARLC ALL THE WAY cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
My dear sister may the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ remain with you forever.

Understanding the Scripture is paramount and blessed is he that is giving to understand the words written in the Scripture.

To start my beloved sister, Lets first understand how the Law came and who made the Law.

The Law it's said to be the whole old Testament
Also it's said to be the Ten commandment written by the Finger of God known as The Holy Covenant
It's also said the book of Moses is the Law. All this together is right as Christ referred to them at different places.

Now who give the Law? God give the Law I.e The Son of God who became Christ.How do we know this? Because the Scripture says "No one has seen God" and the Scripture says "Moses saw the Lord" and Jesus affirmed "No one has ever seen God, the only Son who is in the bosom of the Father, he has made him known".So it was the Son Moses saw and who gave Moses the law as the Scripture says "There is only one Law giver and judge" and Christ is affirmed to Judge the world.

Having know then beloved who gave the Law to Moses and him having said he came not to cancel the Law but to fulfil them. Will it mean then Christ is a lier as many said the Law is gone while he said he did not come to do away with them? No,Let God be true and every man be false.

A rich man came to Christ on the question of eternal life and how to enter into it.Jesus immediately refer him to the Ten commandment. Jesus point out the Ten commandment as the Law of God which he came to fulfil and he does fulfil it by keeping it all blameless.

Jesus gave the Law (Ten commandment ) as a means of Holiness but the people misunderstood the law and take it as a means of righteousness. And Christ came to explain to us what the commandment mean.

As for your vs 17 and 38 it's still the same thing in that Christ was explaining vs 17 to us in agreement with the word of the Lord that says "Love your neighbor as yourself" The Law is spiritual but Isrealites take it as letters thus misinterpreting everything.

In respect to Divorce Jesus has said "What GOD has joined together let no one put asunder" From this it's obvious Christ hate divorce.

The Grace of God be with you. Amen

Reach me on whatsapp for Scripture discussion.
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by Princewell2012(m): 8:54pm On Jun 10, 2015
@op. pls meditate on this word. Psalm 119vs:11. your law have i hidden in my heart, that i might not sin against you.The ten commandment have NEVER change. Jesus never change, God never change. His word never change. But man changes every day. NOTE THIS. THE TEN COMMANDMENT WAS THE ONLY LAW THAT GOD ALMIGHTY GAVE MOSES, WRITTEN WITH HIS OWN FINGERS ON MOUNT SINAI. ALL OTHER ONES IS WRITTEN BY MOSES. AND THOSE ARE THE ONLY ONES JESUS AMENDED.
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by Princewell2012(m): 8:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
@op. pls meditate on this word. Psalm 119vs:11. your law have i hidden in my heart, that i might not sin against you.The ten commandment have NEVER change. Jesus never change, God never change. His word never change. But man changes every day. NOTE THIS. THE TEN COMMANDMENT WAS THE ONLY LAW THAT GOD ALMIGHTY GAVE MOSES, WRITTEN WITH HIS OWN FINGERS ON MOUNT SINAI. ALL OTHER ONES IS WRITTEN BY MOSES. AND THOSE ARE THE ONLY ONES JESUS AMENDED. GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by peeparty(m): 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
mzztega
I did observed it kept coming over n over again.
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by MzzTega(f): 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
peeparty:
mzztega
I did observed it kept coming over n over again.
Alright
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by peeparty(m): 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
MzzTega:

Alright
wat d way out? second option I mean
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by MzzTega(f): 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
peeparty:
wat d way out?
second option I mean
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by peeparty(m): 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
MzzTega:

Here. shalomese@gmail.com
aii sent a mail now
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by MzzTega(f): 12:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
peeparty:
aii sent a mail now
Ok
Re: Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. by peeparty(m): 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
MzzTega:

Ok
seen?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake / All Nigeria Satanist Lets Meet Here. / Can A Man Bless God ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.