Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,897 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls (1143 Views)

Wike Swears In 22 LGA Caretaker Chairmen In Rivers State / Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors / APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls by guy1234: 6:06pm On May 25, 2015
The All Progressives Congress has won 22 out of the 23 chairmanship seats in the local government election conducted in Rivers State on Saturday.

The party also won 297 councillorship seats in the 302 wards while other political parties won the rest.

The result was announced on Sunday night by the Chief Returning Officer of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, Austin Ahiazu.

He said there was no election in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area because the poll was held in the council last year.

“The chairmanship seats were won by APC in all the 22 LGAs where elections held,” he said.
“As you know, there were no elections at Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni LGA because they just had election last year.

“APC won 297 wards out of 302 wards. The remaining wards were won by ADC in Etche ward 3, PPA in Ahoada West ward 2, and Ahoada East ward 4 SDP won the seat there.”
He, however, said the election in Ward 8, Ahoada East LGA, was inconclusive.

Mr. Ahiauzu described the election as peaceful and transparent.

The Returning Officer thanked Rivers people for going out to vote candidates of their choice.

The Peoples Democratic Party boycotted the election citing court injunction which ordered that status quo be maintained.

http:///1QTLfb
Re: APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls by guy1234: 6:11pm On May 25, 2015
What a contrast from the governorship election. Could there be a fraud in the earlier elections? Or is it the council polls that were fraudulent?

1 Like

Re: APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls by fx45(m): 6:21pm On May 25, 2015
guy1234:
What a contrast from the governorship election. Could there be a fraud in the earlier elections? Or is it the council polls that were fraudulent?
I guess U never bothered to read the article.... If U read it, then U obviously have issues with comprehension.
Re: APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls by guy1234: 6:30pm On May 25, 2015
fx45:

I guess U never bothered to read the article.... If U read it, then U obviously have issues with comprehension.

Guess u also have a problem with interpreting a logical comment. I don't have to spit it out in black and white for you.
Re: APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls by TRUTHTOPOWER: 6:32pm On May 25, 2015
The stage is now set for political/legal battles ad infinitum. Lets see who blinks first! God save innocent Riverians.
Re: APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls by guy1234: 6:38pm On May 25, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:
The stage is now set for political/legal battles ad infinitum. Lets see who blinks first! God save innocent Riverians.

I think that depends on who controls the house of assembly.
Re: APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls by fx45(m): 6:39pm On May 25, 2015
guy1234:

Guess u also have a problem with interpreting a logical comment. I don't have to spit it out in black and white for you.
U still don't get the point... Do you? An election which the dominant political party in the state boycotted cannot be said to be fraudulent. It was a one-sided event and the issue of fraud cannot arise. Nobody is crying wolf yet. The incoming PDP government would have to organise fresh elections in due time. What happened over the weekend was a farce and a charade. It has no credibility whatsoever
Re: APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls by IGBOSON2: 6:41pm On May 25, 2015
That Mr J Iscariot is just a troublemaker! What's the hurry in conducting LG elections when he's got just a few hours left in office!?
Re: APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls by cooljude(m): 6:44pm On May 25, 2015
scam
Re: APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls by guy1234: 6:47pm On May 25, 2015
fx45:

U still don't get the point... Do you? An election which the dominant political party in the state boycotted cannot be said to be fraudulent. It was a one-sided event and the issue of fraud cannot arise. Nobody is crying wolf yet. The incoming PDP government would have to organise fresh elections in due time. What happened over the weekend was a farce and a charade. It has no credibility whatsoever

So sorry, I actually omitted that part. Thanks for the pointer.
Re: APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls by Firefire(m): 6:48pm On May 25, 2015
The way Alliance for Democracy (AD), won all the 20 Local government and 37 local council development areas of Lagos State in the year 2003 when OBJ and Lagos PDP asked us to boycott the poll when Tinubu decided to multiply the LGs.

Amaechi, the case of Rivers State will be different, don't be deceived.
Re: APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls by TRUTHTOPOWER: 9:32pm On May 25, 2015
guy1234:

I think that depends on who controls the house of assembly.
and who controls security as well. Ekiti is a case study for powerplay
Re: APC Wins 22 LGA Seats In Rivers Council Polls by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 25, 2015
Amaechi and his madness. Well PDP boycotted the sham. Trust Wike to sack Àll of them jokers.

(1) (Reply)

Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says / The Self-hatred Of The Igbo People / I Am Ready For Probe, Says Okonjo Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.