Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors (28325 Views)

23 Women Became Chairmen & Councillors In Just Concluded Kebbi Polls. (photos) / Fayose Rocks Customized 'Oshoko' Shirt As He Meets Ekiti Chairmen & Councillors / Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Islie: 11:26am On Jul 09, 2015
A federal high court in Port Harcourt presided over by Justice Lambo Akambi, this morning nullified the election of the 22 local Government council chairmen and councillors organized by the Professor Augustine Ahiazu led Rivers State Independent Election Commission, RSIEC, during the administration of Chibuike Amaechi.

Justice Akambi averred that the conduct of the election that produced the 22 local government council chairmen is not only illegal but an affront on the court because the matter was pending in court. He noted that RSIEC and the state government was directed not to go ahead with the election but the order of court was fragrantly disobeyed.

With the judgement, the 22 local government council chairmen who are all members of the All Progressives Congress have been sacked.
It would be recalled that when RSIEC planned to conduct the election at the twilight of the immediate past administration in May, the state PDP challenged the election through a court injunction but RSIEC claimed the order of court did not affect it, so PDP boycotted it.

RSIEC led by Prof Ahiazu had earlier been sacked by Governor Nyesom Wike and reconstituted it.

The Federal High court in its judgement said it had to defend and protect democracy by nullifying the election.

Wike, a lawyer, had vowed to sack the council chairmen and councillors because they were elected illegally but would wait for case to run its full course.
More to follow…

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/09/court-sacks-22-rivers-council-chairmen-councillors/

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by donholy28(m): 11:27am On Jul 09, 2015
modified before una chop me raw...only 22? sack all of them corrupt officials....useless councilmen

13 Likes

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 09, 2015
No comment till I see ministerial list!

16 Likes

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by JustSayYesOkay: 11:27am On Jul 09, 2015
Wike go rest now abi?

See me see Front page...dancing Shoki!!!

And yes #DareArtAlade's New Singles

DARE ART ALADE'S #PrayForMe:: https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/24136

Dare Art Alade ft Olamide #AsikoLaiye:: https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/24135

Now Enjoy!!

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Islie: 11:27am On Jul 09, 2015
I know this will happen...... It's just a matter of time and the court have given its judgement

Let see if they will appeal the case now

11 Likes

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 09, 2015
donholy28:
22? that's a large number o
I hate u

3 Likes

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by ruffhandu: 11:29am On Jul 09, 2015
I thought Amaechi said this can NEVER happen.
Elections going on and he was busy running around looking for INEC result sheet, couldn't even vote for his Buhari. And now he wants Buhari to compensate him with a juicy appointment, unless if his stake is the money he donated.

Was owing workers and, instead of paying them, spent billions on elections just days before his leave, election many boycotted.
All these wastages, and the citizens just keep quiete and watch. Time shall tell.

105 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by teewhydope(m): 11:30am On Jul 09, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

I hate u

Get a job

16 Likes

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by chukspol(m): 11:30am On Jul 09, 2015
noted, it is long over due

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2015
teewhydope:

Get a job
Send me ur cv lemme help ye!
Am not like u and ya likes, waiting for Buhari to implement 5k for all of u
A$$hole

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by shedrack222: 11:32am On Jul 09, 2015
Cat and dog

Hot: Newest Way To Make Free Call On Your Etisalat Simcards To All Networks In Nigeria [Tested et Confirmed]

[url]proudlyweb.com/hot-newest-way-to-make-free-call-on-your-etisalat-simcards-to-all-networks-in-nigeria-tested-et-confirmed[/url]
Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Mogidi: 11:32am On Jul 09, 2015
Justice Akambi averred that the conduct of the election that produced the 22 local government council chairmen is not only illegal but an affront on the court because the matter was pending in court. He noted that RSIEC and the state government was directed not to go ahead with the election but the order of court was fragrantly disobeyed.

The funny thing is that the election was conducted by Prof Ahiazu, otherwise known as Prof Maurice Iwu. It was bound to fail.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Daslim180(m): 11:32am On Jul 09, 2015
WIKE ur head dey hot o!!!

6 Likes

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by admax(m): 11:33am On Jul 09, 2015
lol
Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 09, 2015
Lol.. A punch to amechi's balls

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Mubbyleey(m): 11:33am On Jul 09, 2015
This go soon turn to a wrestling Match... Worthless set of people
Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by theassassin: 11:33am On Jul 09, 2015
ngeneukwenu 0

barcanista 4

donphilopus tongue

omenka grin

gbawe cheesy

demdem shocked

apc cry

Rip Apc in SW

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Zonacom(m): 11:33am On Jul 09, 2015
These governors won't change. Just few days ago gov Lalong of plateau also sacked all local govt chairmen.

Until there is autonomy for the third tier of govt, where Inec at the local govt level conducts election, our local govts will keep experiencing devt at a slow pace
Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by asumo12: 11:33am On Jul 09, 2015
islie angry angry angry
Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Calebosko(m): 11:34am On Jul 09, 2015
Courtois has not conceded a goal in training over the past three days, reports say he's been training with Falcao.

52 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by lomprico(m): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2015
If its ok for buhari to do same, wike carry go!

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Kennedymac(m): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2015
amaechi were art thou?grin

7 Likes

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Wildrage: 11:35am On Jul 09, 2015
I hope Amaechi would be held liable for the mindless waste of 4.5 billion Naira of Rivers money he spent conducting the Sham election.

14 Likes

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by aminho(m): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2015
WICKED WIKE

4 Likes

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by frankobaba(m): 11:36am On Jul 09, 2015
Behold the JUDAS of UBIMA

32 Likes

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by sapientia(m): 11:36am On Jul 09, 2015
Thats the problem with Nigeria? Someone violated a court order and he is not even in jail

Is there no jail term for such actions?

And we want to fight corruption?

I dont care if its APC or PDP, the RSIEC should be held in contempt.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Mubbyleey(m): 11:36am On Jul 09, 2015
Calebosko:
Courtois has not conceded a goal in training over the past three days, reports say he's been training with Falcao.
Not funny... falcao go succeed at chelsea. Chelsea fans like if you believe in falcao

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by NoRetreat(m): 11:36am On Jul 09, 2015
That's rule of law. This is an acceptable way of doing things rather than buldozing peoples home and forcefully removed their properties in their absence.

4 Likes

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by Balkan(m): 11:37am On Jul 09, 2015
I wish WIKE was the prisdent that GEJ was
we would not have entered this onechance

17 Likes

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by donholy28(m): 11:37am On Jul 09, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

I hate u
that's good...cause if u love me...DAT one go be headache

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by ichommy(m): 11:37am On Jul 09, 2015
Can we meet u pls?

Am Obiora, former ONE month chairman of Okirika Local Government.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors by hazyfm: 11:37am On Jul 09, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
No comment till I see ministerial list!

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Udom Emmanuel Assists Accident Victims In Akwa Ibom. PICS / PDP Mega Rally In Dutse, Jigawa State In Pictures / Buhari Makes New Appointments into Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.