Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols (62600 Views)

Top 10 Revelations From The Don Jazzy And Olamide Showdown At The Headies / FUNNY MEME'S On The Don Jazzy , Olamide , Headies Saga / Photo Of The Day!! Have You See The 'don Jazzy' Barbing Salon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by pbs4real(m): 10:55pm On May 25, 2015
Kellyakon:
Mtweech
was hoping to read comments but am the fourth to comment. mtweech. #sad
ow fourth tk resemble fifteenth wey u carry?
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by ileogbenfidel(m): 11:50pm On May 25, 2015
Don Jazzy is a brand I bet that saloon will always be filled with customer because of that name and picture...
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by Nmeri17: 12:17am On May 26, 2015
armadeo:
Lol.

In a sane country that nigger would pay royalty firbuaing his name. Here anything goes.

The idea of intellectual property is astounding to many, and others don't even understand it.

Many would read this and still won't get it.
you sound so sure of yourself is Don jazzy a registered trademark?? undecided
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by EbolaParasite: 1:39am On May 26, 2015
armadeo:

And who told you he doesn't have exclusive rights to the name. Is your name don jazzy?? Or ebolaparasite which by the way you haven't paid for copyrights angry angry
Again, Park well. The people that you claim live in an insane world have done due diligence. Since you are sane, you can do the same to find out if it is a registered trademark or name. Do you need me to tellyou where or how to find out? Oh sorry, i almost forgot, you live in a "sane" world so you already know how. Get digging son.. tongue
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by NobleG1(m): 4:00am On May 26, 2015
thecommunist:
all of u screaming copyright...how are u sure the salon owner didnt get permission before using don jazzy's name? Abeg make una cool down jare.

If the salon got permission, Don Jazzy wouldn't have reacted the way he did. Don't you think so?

And no one would allow such arrangement without being a co-owner of the business. That's why businesses use celebs only for adverts, not naming their companies with celeb's name.

No reputable company would even do it because it's risky. If the celeb's image becomes damaged, it will equally be detrimental to the company's image.
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by NobleG1(m): 4:15am On May 26, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Again, until the name is protected, anyone can use it

When you're a celeb, you're name is protected by law because you're a brand, you're a business. It's called Right of Publicity or Personality Rights, is the right of an individual to control the commercial use of his or her name, image, likeness, or other unequivocal aspects of one's identity.

Don Jazzy would have sued if a big company was the culprit. He's just ignoring the poor salon.
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by DaBullIT(m): 5:18am On May 26, 2015
Neduzze5:
Hehehe... Hope say Don Jazzy go patronize am at least once.

I trust my Mavin Producer sha. So down to earth!!

Make I go open my own Don Jazzy Filling Station!!
. Photo copy nor easy
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by Kelvic4real(m): 7:23am On May 26, 2015
Barbing saloon? Often wrongly spelt. Salon not saloon as saloon is associated with car and bar.
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by armadeo(m): 8:30am On May 26, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Again, Park well. The people that you claim live in an insane world have done due diligence. Since you are sane, you can do the same to find out if it is a registered trademark or name. Do you need me to tellyou where or how to find out? Oh sorry, i almost forgot, you live in a "sane" world so you already know how. Get digging son.. tongue

rants, common sense isn't common. arguments for the sake of arguing. you know the right thing but refuse to acknowledge it, when the shit hits the fan you start lamenting and pointing fingers.

In an ideal setting he would have exclusive rights to the name don jazzy dare and use that name and see what would happen

investigate how an artist as popular as prince had to change his name to TAFKAP. ( the artist formerly known as prince). Even dare use a beat of some lyrics your eye go neat.

i still believe we will get there.
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by Nobody: 8:39am On May 26, 2015
issokay
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by KEMELU: 8:46am On May 26, 2015
I love DON JAZZY voice. Very decent in dressing and mature. Keep it up
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by mrbeam: 10:22am On May 26, 2015
Seriously..
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by EbolaParasite: 11:42am On May 26, 2015
NobleG1:

When you're a celeb, you're name is protected by law became you're a brand, you're a business. It's called Righy of Publicity or Personality Rights, is the right of an individual to control the commercial use of his or her name, image, likeness, or other unequivocal aspects of one's identity.

Don Jazzy would have sued if a big company was the culprit. He's just ignoring the poor salon.

Story. The name is not protected unless it is a registered trademark. The only way he can sue is if someone uses his personality e.g posts his picture at the saloon. Anyone can be Don Jazzy until the name is protected.
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by EbolaParasite: 11:46am On May 26, 2015
armadeo:

rants, common sense isn't common. arguments for the sake of arguing. you know the right thing but refuse to acknowledge it, when the shit hits the fan you start lamenting and pointing fingers.

In an ideal setting he would have exclusive rights to the name don jazzy dare and use that name and see what would happen

investigate how an artist as popular as prince had to change his name to TAFKAP. ( the artist formerly known as prince). Even dare use a beat of some lyrics your eye go neat.

i still believe we will get there.

See you, now you are saying in an ideal setting he would have exclusive rights.......ideal ko, basket ni.....what is not ideal about Nigeria......the fact that Don Jazzy hasnt protected his name does not make Nigeria an insane society. The procedures exist. Stop the unnecessary country bashing. Face Don Jazzy and leave Nigeria out of it
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by NobleG1(m): 12:23pm On May 26, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Story. The name is not protected unless it is a registered trademark. The only way he can sue is if someone uses his personality e.g posts his picture at the saloon. Anyone can be Don Jazzy until the name is protected.

It seems you didn't check the picture well. The salon has his name and picture on the business!
Yes, anyone can name their baby a celeb's name and no celeb will sue you for that because the celeb will see it as a compliment and honor rather than a business use. This is an exeption.

Don't go about naming your business with celebs' names, because an angry celeb could sue your dumb as*s out and render your business moribund!
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by EbolaParasite: 2:12pm On May 26, 2015
NobleG1:

It seems you didn't check the picture well. The salon has his name and picture on the business!
Yes, anyone can name their baby a celeb's name and no celeb will sue you for that because the celeb will see it as a compliment and honor rather than a business use. This is an exeption.

Don't go about naming your business with celebs' names, because an angry celeb could sue your dumb as*s out and render your business moribund!

Thanks for pointing that out. I actually didn't look at the picture. My main focus was on whether the name was trademarked or copyright protected hence the argument with the other poster. Anyways thanks for pointing that out. My argument is null and void since his picture is on the salon wall. I was wrong. wink
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by NobleG1(m): 2:15pm On May 26, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Thanks for pointing that out. I actually didn't look at the picture. My main focus was on whether the name was trademarked or copyright protected hence the argument with the other poster. Anyways thanks for pointing that out. My argument is null and void since his picture is on the salon wall. I was wrong. wink

You're welcome.
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by Mekurexx: 7:59pm On May 26, 2015
If it was Davido or wizkid......they would have called the owner of the shop ''broke'' or start ranting arrogantly
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by Kellyakon(f): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
pbs4real:
ow fourth tk resemble fifteenth wey u carry?
e conSIGN you.
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by iviw(f): 1:12am On Feb 02, 2017
armadeo:
Lol.

In a sane country that nigger would pay royalty firbuaing his name. Here anything goes.

The idea of intellectual property is astounding to many, and others don't even understand it.
Absolutely!

Many would read this and still won't get it.
Re: Don Jazzy Gets To See The Don Jazzy Barbing Saloon. Check Out Photo Lols by koolkidcletus(m): 7:22am On Feb 10, 2017
[quote author=iviw post=53339519][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rita Dominic Welcomes Friends To England Ahead Of Her Church Wedding (video) / First Photo Of Funke Akindele Twins / Whose the Prettiest: Yvonne Nelson Or Yvonne Okoro?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.