Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,492 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala (12265 Views)

Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Perfect, Says Cross River Governor / Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ / Oshiomhole Suffering From Numerical Diarrhea, Says Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:57am On May 26, 2015
After ruining the economy she is just admiting.
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by naijainfogalery: 9:58am On May 26, 2015
Lips sealed
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by Xxpress(m): 9:58am On May 26, 2015
Ok
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by Ijaya123: 10:00am On May 26, 2015
This woman is becoming a comedian. How did your government make lives better for Nigerians? With those your paper statistics that has no bearing on the reality on ground?

Please second base jare.
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by shammah1(m): 10:00am On May 26, 2015
True talk
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by MKO4ever(m): 10:00am On May 26, 2015
"No one is perfect"
I remember a lady I was dating before I got married and each time I tried to dissect this babe, she would first discourage me on the ground that s*x before marriage is a sin, and each time, I always replied her with "No one is perfect" grin

2 Likes

Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by Jesusloveyou: 10:01am On May 26, 2015
Were she not claiming to be d best and perfect scholar,as she was appointed coordinating minister

1 Like

Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by dheyveid(m): 10:01am On May 26, 2015
Aunty ngozi,aunty ngozi,aunty ngozi,how many times I call u,deir is God o
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by MicroBox: 10:03am On May 26, 2015
We expect that Nigerian economy should be your case study during Msc thesis so also a case study during some of your write up during your PhD. but we are wrong. that show how you have fail wholly from the scratch. we believe by now you must have study and master your home country economy (Nigeria) but you are busy studying the economy of foreign land using them as case study during presentations
World bank president contender, it's a shame that you fail your country......

1 Like

Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by harry509: 10:04am On May 26, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
She is actually saying the truth, to run the nigerian economy is not easy, the pressures are too much.

2.9 trillion is missing, they will blame okonjo iweala

No fuel, they will blame okonjo iweala

no work, they will say okonjo iweala has come

the weather is cold, they will say okonjo iweala has removed the subsidy of the weather

even garri, o my garri101, since the price of garri has increased, they are still blaming okonjo iweala for it.

Infact, the trouble is too much, even the next minister to come will still suffer the same fate, it is not a behaviour, it is a tradition.
go n sleep joor, wen u wake up read ur garri101 vry well. A minister who has crubled nigeria economy. Well I reserv my comnt 4 her nt yu.
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by ThisMeansWAR: 10:08am On May 26, 2015
she is the worst
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:09am On May 26, 2015
buygala:
Bullshiit angry

This Professor always takes the rest of Nigerians for Primitive and illiterate cavemen undecided ...... We might not be Yale, MIT, or Harvard educated.... But We are neither imbecilles nor stark illiterates angry

Under our Ivy-schooled Finance Minister's watch, Nigeria's debt profile has escalated into heaven, the Value of the Naira sunk into the pit of near-worthlessness, Unemployment galloping higher on the streets, but totally comatose on Okonjo's witchcraft paper, Oil revenue wasted unconscionably, and ridiculously huge sums of Money somehow growing legs and trekking out of Nigeria to God-knows-where undecided angry

So, we don't need a posh degree in Economics or Financial Astronomy to know that Okonjo the Mojo has outlived her usefulness in Nigeria, and has even become toxic to our national health cry
..... THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES angry

TRUTH IS...... IF SHE HAS REALLY DONE HER JOB, SHE WOULDN'T NEED TO STRESS HER FAT CHEEKS TO ORALLY CONVINCE US OF HER ACHIEVEMENTS undecided

What do you know about economy management?

Talk is cheap but to propose a better way to manage the economy than she is doing, una brain go enter blank mode
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by Hardeyoye: 10:09am On May 26, 2015
Shameful I must say.
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by Dbboy(m): 10:10am On May 26, 2015
buygala:
Bullshiit angry

This Professor always takes the rest of Nigerians for Primitive and illiterate cavemen undecided ...... We might not be Yale, MIT, or Harvard educated.... But We are neither imbecilles nor stark illiterates angry

Under our Ivy-schooled Finance Minister's watch, Nigeria's debt profile has escalated into heaven, the Value of the Naira sunk into the pit of near-worthlessness, Unemployment galloping higher on the streets, but totally comatose on Okonjo's witchcraft paper, Oil revenue wasted unconscionably, and ridiculously huge sums of Money somehow growing legs and trekking out of Nigeria to God-knows-where undecided angry

So, we don't need a posh degree in Economics or Financial Astronomy to know that Okonjo the Mojo has outlived her usefulness in Nigeria, and has even become toxic to our national health cry

TRUTH IS...... IF SHE HAS REALLY DONE HER JOB, SHE WOULDN'T NEED TO STRESS HER FAT CHEEKS TO ORALLY CONVINCE US OF HER ACHIEVEMENTS undecided

Sorry Mr but I think your view is been guided by your bigotry. Give kudus to her she tried and I know Nigerians that benefited from her program would say same. And I can see you are now turned economic experts let me ask you a 550billion economy with a debt profile of 60billion would you call it a bad debt mind America is a 15trillion with a debt of 15 trillion so make the comparison.

1 Like

Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by anonimi: 10:10am On May 26, 2015
The WORDS used could be better!
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by Olaskybab: 10:15am On May 26, 2015
k
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by charlie009: 10:19am On May 26, 2015
grin grin
buygala:
Bullshiit angry

Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by KAYNINI(m): 10:21am On May 26, 2015
too many kids on Nairaland stressing rubbish and spooling trash
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by harry509: 10:22am On May 26, 2015
shachris03:
Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has said managing the Nigerian economy under the present administration might not be perfect but the government made good efforts to improve the lives of Nigerians. She spoke in Abuja, Sunday night, at a reception organised in her honour by Ndi-Igbo Youth Organisation in partnership with Voice of All Arewa Youth, in Abuja.
*Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

The minister, who also received a certificate for meritorious service, said she will never regret serving the country under President Goodluck Jonathan despite the criticisms and attacks she has been receiving because, the lives of Nigerians, especially youths and women improved significantly under the Jonathan administration.

According to Dr. Okonjo-Iweala, “the youths have been at the centre of the work done by this administration and these are facts on the ground. You cannot change facts but you can try to twist them and at the end of the day facts will come out. You cannot re-write history, and wake up and say these are things we have done or have not done. A lot of things have been accomplished to transform this economy.

“Is it 100 percent? No, and are we to do more? The answer is yes. Have we done everything perfectly? The answer is no and no one is ever perfect. But have we made very good effort to do? and the answer is a resounding yes. “The support for the various sectors that created jobs that needs to continue and programmes like YouWin, they need to continue and those that are not good by all means you can do away with them or make them better. “No one is perfect but let us build on what is there in order not to lose time on this economy.

Advises youths

“For the youths, don’t allow anyone to re-write history, don’t let anyone change the story because what has been done has been done well and let others who are coming in build on this. When they see they are good let them pick them up and build on them.” The minister noted that based on statistics from the National Bureau of Statistics, the nation needed to create about 1.8 million jobs each year and that the administration put in place, various programmes towards achieving that goal.

Her words: “The first thing we did to encourage young entrepreneurs was to introduce YouWin and we made a target of about 80,000 jobs both direct and indirect. This was an idea I got when I was at World Bank. “As of today, 3, 900 people have benefited from grants of between N1 million and N10 million, and they got it and they did not know anybody. We also gave grant to 1,200 women because women are good entrepreneurs. Today, 22,000 direct jobs have been created and also 88,000 indirect jobs.

“This is one of the programmes I hope the incoming administration will continue because it is a laudable programme and I think is something that will stay a little bit more. We were also able to place 32,000 youths under the Graduate Internship Scheme.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/okonjo-iweala/

y wudt u njoy goodluck adminsitration, wen u pple has sucided criipled our economy. As 4 me yu av failed nigerian's ngozi. Wit yur witchcraft hair tie ur pple sucided n rullin dis country wia outght nt 2 b, 20 billion dollas is missing yet nobody complained abt it. I head yu av own share frm Abacha loot bt u didn't say dat 2 nigerian's. Well I reserv sum comnt 4 now bcus it's an opportunity u I.d.I.o.tic pple av. Ngozi and madueke shud b probe
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by PassingShot(m): 10:26am On May 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Only God is perfect
Thanks ma for reminding us again
For making our economy d biggest in africa, may God bless u

Do you know the through measures of the worth of an economy?
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by angelsing(m): 10:28am On May 26, 2015
Dbboy:

Sorry Mr but I think your view is been guided by your bigotry. Give kudus to her she tried and I know Nigerians that benefited from her program would say same. And I can see you are now turned economic experts let me ask you a 550billion economy with a debt profile of 60billion would you call it a bad debt mind America is a 15trillion with a debt of 15 trillion so make the comparison.
How would u know his view are guided by Bigotry?, are u in his mind?...you guys keeping comparing Nigerian debt to US debt but the question I like to ask u is; do american lack normal basic amenities?..are the struggling with bad road, no light, 100pecent lack of employment?.do their country lack fuel?, is their foreign reserve depleted?..Do their school complain of lacking funding every time?, do most of his citizen travel aside america for treatment?...When u answer all this then u will have ur answer...In Nigeria we are use to worshiping anybody who study from an ivy league irrespective of competence..Being a world bank director does not easily translate to her being the best at managing an economy...Pls try google Soludo letter to madam NOI u will understand every thing clearly

1 Like

Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by scachy(m): 10:29am On May 26, 2015
buygala:
Bullshiit angry

Most of the blames u v thrown at her should be directed to CBN and state governors not d finance minister. U might not be stark illiterate but u need to get ur fact correctly on d workings of various organs n agencies of the Govt.Let's apportion blames appropriately to whom it's due. Out of 63b debt, fed Govt incurred 21b the rest were incurred by various state Govt.de depletion in excess crude account was caused by governors unholy insistence of sharing the money in ECA against d Iweala's expertise advise not to do so. There are so many influencers in day to day workings of government. Not even Buhari ll achieve much if these negative influencers are against his Govt. In a nutshell, lets support, hope n pray that GMB ll do better for the benefit of all and sundry
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:29am On May 26, 2015
shachris03:
Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has said managing the Nigerian economy under the present administration might not be perfect but the government made good efforts to improve the lives of Nigerians. She spoke in Abuja, Sunday night, at a reception organised in her honour by Ndi-Igbo Youth Organisation in partnership with Voice of All Arewa Youth, in Abuja.

The minister, who also received a certificate for meritorious service, said she will never regret serving the country under President Goodluck Jonathan despite the criticisms and attacks she has been receiving because, the lives of Nigerians, especially youths and women improved significantly under the Jonathan administration.

According to Dr. Okonjo-Iweala, “the youths have been at the centre of the work done by this administration and these are facts on the ground. You cannot change facts but you can try to twist them and at the end of the day facts will come out. You cannot re-write history, and wake up and say these are things we have done or have not done. A lot of things have been accomplished to transform this economy.

“Is it 100 percent? No, and are we to do more? The answer is yes. Have we done everything perfectly? The answer is no and no one is ever perfect. But have we made very good effort to do? and the answer is a resounding yes. “The support for the various sectors that created jobs that needs to continue and programmes like YouWin, they need to continue and those that are not good by all means you can do away with them or make them better. “No one is perfect but let us build on what is there in order not to lose time on this economy.

Advises youths

“For the youths, don’t allow anyone to re-write history, don’t let anyone change the story because what has been done has been done well and let others who are coming in build on this. When they see they are good let them pick them up and build on them.” The minister noted that based on statistics from the National Bureau of Statistics, the nation needed to create about 1.8 million jobs each year and that the administration put in place, various programmes towards achieving that goal.

Her words: “The first thing we did to encourage young entrepreneurs was to introduce YouWin and we made a target of about 80,000 jobs both direct and indirect. This was an idea I got when I was at World Bank. “As of today, 3, 900 people have benefited from grants of between N1 million and N10 million, and they got it and they did not know anybody. We also gave grant to 1,200 women because women are good entrepreneurs. Today, 22,000 direct jobs have been created and also 88,000 indirect jobs.

“This is one of the programmes I hope the incoming administration will continue because it is a laudable programme and I think is something that will stay a little bit more. We were also able to place 32,000 youths under the Graduate Internship Scheme.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/okonjo-iweala/

there is no excuse for failure. you are over-rated and very good in theory not practical.............. This is one of the reasons our engineers still take their cars to road side mechanic to fix cos they only know theory not practical.

madam Ngozi, if is not easy why not resign b4 now and give chance for more practical people to run the economy?
YOU DISAPPOINTED NIGERIANS AND TARNISHED UR IMAGE WITH LIES AND LAZY EXCUSES............... WE WERE HOPEFUL THAT ONE DAY YOU COULD BE THE FIRST FEMALE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA BUT YOU PROVED ALL OF US WRONG.

Go back to ur vampire world bank or IMF and never come back.

1 Like

Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by ollyruffy: 10:37am On May 26, 2015
Interesting. What about those figures madam has always been generating from her bedroom to tell us the economy was booming.

1 Like

Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by Okwudiri87: 10:41am On May 26, 2015
my able minister, may the Almighty God bless you real good. It is only the uninform people expecially our southwest brothers that cannot appreciate your efforts. For those of us who understands the job, we join the whole world to appreciate u. Those who are with you are greater than those who are against you. Bravo madam.
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:45am On May 26, 2015
Okonjo iweala has no respect for nigerians. she talks with such mad impunity that she has no iota of idea how irritating she sounds..she ought to be ashamed, talk nothing of opening her mouth and spewing trash shamelessly or is it ignorantly?...can someone ask this woman if she has the slightest idea of what the situation is?..is she actually o.k? what Harvard did she go to? has she seen the ridicule she and her bandwagon has brought the country into and bashful comments made by lots observing this country and its grounded economy from the outside? and how the facts are effecting a massively greater population of nigeria in the face of an enormous plenty.? is she o.k? what mad excuse and comments is she making?how those her paper written mad analysis translate into anything tangible that are reasonably felt by the real people on ground? with gruesome corruption parading around their regime..? all this people has a lot of questions to answer and at the end of the day lock them up. who or what people those she think she is deceiving? talking about youwin the marginal lotto and surep the most stewpid scam.... and she can present her scorecard with those shameless charade..what school did she attend. what happened to the reality of developing an economy? what does nigeria produce? where are the industries and infrastructure that could enable a growing and sustainable economy and still absorb thesame youths she still claim to be offering a lotto opportunity and a directionless unsure p.. i did not study economy as a profession but i am very convinced that this woman is a blatant lair and if possible a human swindler or deceiver..turning an extremely blind eye at the reality on ground and spewing for us unwholesome crap.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by GentleToks(m): 10:46am On May 26, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
She is actually saying the truth, to run the nigerian economy is not easy, the pressures are too much.

2.9 trillion is missing, they will blame okonjo iweala

No fuel, they will blame okonjo iweala

no work, they will say okonjo iweala has come

the weather is cold, they will say okonjo iweala has removed the subsidy of the weather

even garri, o my garri101, since the price of garri has increased, they are still blaming okonjo iweala for it.

Infact, the trouble is too much, even the next minister to come will still suffer the same fate, it is not a behaviour, it is a tradition.

This thing up^^^^^^ here is the definition of illiteracy

See the most worthless Nigerian on earth
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:00am On May 26, 2015
scachy:

Most of the blames u v thrown at her should be directed to CBN and state governors not d finance minister. U might not be stark illiterate but u need to get ur fact correctly on d workings of various organs n agencies of the Govt.Let's apportion blames appropriately to whom it's due. Out of 63b debt, fed Govt incurred 21b the rest were incurred by various state Govt.de depletion in excess crude account was caused by governors unholy insistence of sharing the money in ECA against d Iweala's expertise advise not to do so. There are so many influencers in day to day workings of government. Not even Buhari ll achieve much if these negative influencers are against his Govt. In a nutshell, lets support, hope n pray that GMB ll do better for the benefit of all and sundry
if she is aware of all those negative influencers as you have said, and how much they have aided in bastardizing the so called economy she claimed to be robust but in no form translates in reality, cause i know the benefits of a growing economy should translate efficiently in the life of every single citizenry of any country that possesses it. and should be seen gloriously on ground, like china and the rest of the world..so if she is aware of those negetive influencers, why dont she shut-up if the cannot expose them or talk about the cause of the impediments rather than bugging people with fallacy and bullcrap and trying to defend sh*it....she is getting a lot people annoyed already..so it would be better for her to shut her trap cause the system is saying the entire contrary of what she bugs the peoples ears with..
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by dandoki: 11:05am On May 26, 2015
The minister, who also received a certificate for meritorious service, said she will never regret serving the country under President Goodluck Jonathan despite the criticisms and attacks she has been receiving

By the time all the loot that's keeping you elated is harvested from you, you will have all the reason to regret. Tief tief girl!!
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by scachy(m): 11:13am On May 26, 2015
Tlovely:
if she is aware of all those negative influencers as you have said, and how much they have aided in bastardizing the so called economy she claimed to be robust but in no form translates in reality, cause i know the benefits of a growing economy should translate efficiently in the life of every single citizenry of any country that possesses it. and should be seen gloriously on ground, like china and the rest of the world..so if she is aware of those negetive influencers, why dont she shut-up if the cannot expose them or talk about the cause of the impediments rather than bugging people with fallacy and bullcrap and trying to defend sh*it....she is getting a lot people annoyed already..so it would be better for her to shut her trap cause the system is saying the entire contrary of what she bugs the peoples ears with..
Ok, but just know that even if Buhari is a magician, the economy " can never "translate efficiently in d life of every Nigerian in just 8 years. It's a gradual process, u made mention of China, how many factories do we have in Nigeria that are employers of labor to help Augument the jobs created by Govt.? It's good to look up to Govt but d reality is that Govt alone can not solve all our needs.
Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:13am On May 26, 2015
buygala:
Bullshiit angry

One bottle of Henny for this guy here

1 Like

Re: Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala by Chivasex: 11:24am On May 26, 2015
My dear Okonjo Iweala,
for how many years you failed to realise no one is perfect yet you never mistakenly credited my account so that I can confirm that indeed no one is perfect. barawo.
JUst get set to take your place in jail cos the time is up.
If you were mistakenly crediting other people's account then we can support you now that really no one is perfect.
Sai Buhari

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Launches N4bn LSETF-W Initiative / Inuwa Sumaila - Why More PDP Delegates Have Chosen Saraki / May 29 Inauguration: Tinubu To Inherit Insecurity, Subsidy Crisis, And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.