Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:08 AM

Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply (20486 Views)

FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout / Help!!! Zero Power Supply By PHCN Immediately After Renewing Their Contract. / Dangote And Bill Gates Reward Zamfara State With $1m Over Zero-case Polio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by whoisuche: 4:22pm On May 26, 2015
PHCN SHOULD DO THEIR WORK WELL.
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by olalekan1(m): 4:24pm On May 26, 2015
Apology or not, do not bring May Bill to my area ooo. We can not pay for what we did not use, we have not experirience one hour of electricity since the beginning of May this year.
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by anyaekekehinde(m): 4:29pm On May 26, 2015
fairheven:
But. Seriously wateva happened to our HYDRO POWER station?,do tlhey also use gas to power them All the" ghost power " station been commissioned By Jonathan are now performing on full capacity,that we have seen

Let me respond to your post, 75% of the power we generate is generated from Gas fired station while the remaining 25% is from hydro station, now due to shortage of gas caused by Industrial action embarked upon by PENGASSAN/NUPENG, The gas fired stations have been out of supply, hence they have shut down.

Now the whole nation has to manage the remaining 25%.

Now, for system stability, power generated = power demanded

if for any reason, the power generated if far far smaller than power demanded, the system may collapse due to under voltage.

also if the power generated is far far greater than the power demanded, the system will also collapse due to sustained over voltages.

so its a complex system if not well managed.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by galadima77(m): 4:32pm On May 26, 2015
this apology without any sign of reprieve is even worse than the torment of power outage itself.
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by JayJustus(m): 4:35pm On May 26, 2015
Neduzze5:

I need to understand how that prepaid meter works first. Will you be willing to answer my questions?

yes...shoot your questions sir
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by kilode100(f): 4:36pm On May 26, 2015
Give us light bikonu.

22 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by Neduzze5(m): 4:38pm On May 26, 2015
JayJustus:

yes...shoot your questions sir

Okay...

No 1 : Is it only when there is light generally that I will have light? Or will I be connected to a special grid where there will be light 24/7?

2: Is it in a form of a recharge card whereby you can buy two or more to be used on the same meter?

3: How much is the prepaid meter itself and what and what is needed to make it work?
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by darejem2002: 4:46pm On May 26, 2015
Apolgy
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by JayJustus(m): 4:50pm On May 26, 2015
Neduzze5:

Okay...

No 1 : Is it only when there is light generally that I will have light? Or will I be connected to a special grid where there will be light 24/7?

2: Is it in a form of a recharge card whereby you can buy two or more to be used on the same meter?

3: How much is the prepaid meter itself and what and what is needed to make it work?

---noooo...you'd be using the normal light system and your meter will only read when the light comes on and once yo light goes out your meter goes off an auto

----it's like a recharge card yep...but more like a smart card(decoder cards) so you take it to those guys they recharge em and you go back to your meter and slot it...

---I'm not sure the price actually I only met it in my house when I came back home...and it doesn't guarantee you light just that it makes you pay for what you use and you don't have someone coming at the end of the month to give ridiculous bills plus they can't cut your wire/line cos you owe em nothing
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by Neduzze5(m): 4:51pm On May 26, 2015
JayJustus:

---noooo...you'd be using the normal light system and your meter will only read when the light comes on and once yo light goes out your meter goes off an auto

----it's like a recharge card yep...but more like a smart card(decoder cards) so you take it to those guys they recharge em and you go back to your meter and slot it...

---I'm not sure the price actually I only met it in my house when I came back home...and it doesn't guarantee you light just that it makes you pay for what you use and you don't have someone coming at the end of the month to give ridiculous bills plus they can't cut your wire/line cos you owe em nothing

That's quite good. I'll try to find out the price!

Thank you very much for the info

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by pocohantas(f): 5:03pm On May 26, 2015
ProfyJay:

The turbines are usually powered using petroleum products...if there is fuel scarcity it would consequently affect

Thanks so much. I kept wondering why.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by mysteko(m): 5:05pm On May 26, 2015
People are getting this wrong IKD requires 1250 MGW to power it's distrt 24/7. And the whole Naija now dey share about the same MGW! That's a shitty situation right there.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by BankManager(m): 5:17pm On May 26, 2015
Na apologies we wan chop??Give us steady power supply...PERIOD.!!
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by lexy2014: 5:48pm On May 26, 2015
anonimi:
Hope rising.

Sure sign they are working on turning things around.

Thanks to Jonathan power sector reforms that should start bearing better fruits shortly.
D shutdown of d country due 2 fuel scarcity is only possible when there's a natural disaster. Natural disasters like earthquakes and hurricanes cripples a countrys infrastructure thereby limiting a govts ability 2 provide basic services as power, fuel and transportation. Is it safe then 2 say that GEJ was a disaster, natural or otherwise?
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by madjune(m): 5:56pm On May 26, 2015
pocohantas:
Does anyone know why there's usually no power supply when there is fuel scarcity?
I want to know Please.

It's because most of our power stations are fired by gas.
And gas na fuel.
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by Lincoln275(m): 6:05pm On May 26, 2015
may thunder fire u there! u beta shut up there before i vex for u , if dem born u well come cut lite here makei see
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by VoteOutPDPJona: 6:07pm On May 26, 2015
You have persistently broken nairaland rules 6 and 18. Stop spamming nairaland with your offer that refuses to close. Use the signature area for your ads/promo angry
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by VoteOutPDPJona: 6:17pm On May 26, 2015
mysteko:
People are getting this wrong IKD requires 1250 MGW to power it's distrt 24/7. And the whole Naija now dey share about the same MGW! That's a shitty situation right there.
I heard power generated as of yesterday is a little above 700mw (not up to 800mw).
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by Aystarz: 6:22pm On May 26, 2015
kennygee:
Toh.

The Nation done dey shut down be that.

I heard most of the power plants are down cause for now, there is no gas for the gas fired station.

Only 5 out of 23 are working for now.
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by no2fuks(m): 6:42pm On May 26, 2015
oloriooko:
I trust Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) they mist surely bring more bills to pay for the blackout.
Ikeja disco, una try sef to apologise, we in Abuja do not expect nothing but more bills from AEDC. hian!

abuja no talk o you are in a much better situation than ikeja. u guys have an average of 10 or more hours a day.
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by blackmoro1(m): 6:48pm On May 26, 2015
BEDC is even d worst.nairaland just try and ask d pple frm delta about bedc.
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by masqot(m): 7:44pm On May 26, 2015
One month, no light from IKEJA DC. The hardship was compounded by fuel scarcity. Inexplainable! It's (not) well at all.
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by fairheven: 7:49pm On May 26, 2015
anyaekekehinde:

Let me respond to your post, 75% of the power we generate is generated from Gas fired station while the remaining 25% is from hydro station, now due to shortage of gas caused by Industrial action embarked upon by PENGASSAN/NUPENG, The gas fired stations have been out of supply, hence they have shut down.

Now the whole nation has to manage the remaining 25%.

Now, for system stability, power generated = power demanded

if for any reason, the power generated if far far smaller than power demanded, the system may collapse due to under voltage.

also if the power generated is far far greater than the power demanded, the system will also collapse due to sustained over voltages.

so its a complex system if not well managed.

Thank you sir. .Jonathan's inept in the power sector is so glaring for all to see.
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by anyaekekehinde(m): 8:20pm On May 26, 2015
fairheven:

Thank you sir. .Jonathan's inept in the power is so glaring for all to see.
it is not really Jonathan's fault.
obasanjo also spent $16 billion dollars and nothing happened.. Bola ige has once been Minister for power in this country, he said he will turn stone to bread, nothing happened. If buhari's regime doesn't do the right thing, he will also fail
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by isagbe: 8:23pm On May 26, 2015
Let them abide by the dictate of their apology and serve nobody any yeye bill for consuming nothing before they are beaten!
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by anonimi: 8:33pm On May 26, 2015
lexy2014:
D shutdown of d country due 2 fuel scarcity is only possible when there's a natural disaster. Natural disasters like earthquakes and hurricanes cripples a countrys infrastructure thereby limiting a govts ability 2 provide basic services as power, fuel and transportation. Is it safe then 2 say that GEJ was a disaster, natural or otherwise?

The real disaster is blabber mouth Daura President who scared oil marketers with his senseless talk =>

QuotaSystem:

DT: One burning issue is fuel subsidy. I believe you are aware of the queues in major cities like Lagos and Abuja. The fuel importers say they are unsure of the direction of the new government in this area. Have you considered maintaining or withdrawing this subsidy or are you questioning whether it didn’t exist at all?

Buhari: One of the problems I have, other than the military, is the petroleum industry where I served for three and a half years under General Obasanjo. When people start talking about this subsidy I honestly get confused. I will tell you this, and I hope it will answer what you want to know. Back then we had a refinery in Port Harcourt, which was refining 30,000 barrels a day of Nigerian crude.
Later, it was upgraded to refine 100,000 barrels a day. Another refinery was built in Port Harcourt to refine 150,000 barrels per day of Nigerian crude. So, Port Harcourt alone had the capacity to refine 250,000 barrels per day of Nigerian crude.

But when I found myself as the Minister of Petroleum I set up another refinery in Warri for 100, 000 barrels per day of Nigerian crude and the Kaduna refinery a 100, 000 barrels per day. So Nigeria built capacity to refine 450,000 a day.
Four Hundred thousands of which is purely Nigerian crude, but 50,000 was imported. The type of crude could be Venezuelan, which could be a bit heavier. But the lighter ones - kerosene, aviation fuel, diesel, PMS of different grades could be produced from our crude because Nigerian crude is about the best in the world.

If you could recall, after finishing as Minister of Petroleum, I subsequently became Head of State. You remember, I appointed Professor Tam David West as the Minister of Petroleum. When we rounded up bunkers, collected their illegal jetties and allowed jetties for only big firms which were doing production and development in the country, we were shocked that we had too much fuel.

We had to begin to export 100,000 barrels per day. Don’t forget that we didn’t stop at building refineries, we built more than 20 depots during my time, from Port Harcourt to Ilorin, Makurdi, Suleija, Maiduguri and Kano. More than 3,000 pipelines were laid to connect them. A number of stations were also built to take the trailers off the road, save lives and the infrastructure on the road. It is more economical because each trailer uses fuel.

We did all that in this country and we didn’t borrow any money as far as I know. It’s Nigerian money. From each Nigerian crude, whether Akwa Ibom, Bonny Light or whatever it is, you can work out how much products it will give you; how much petrol it will give you; how much diesel it will give you if you want to produce diesel. We could tell how much Nigerian crude cost, the cost of transportation from there to the refinery, the cost of refining, the cost of transportation to the pump stations and maybe 5 per cent go for overhead.

I can understand if Nigerians pay for those costs. But somebody is saying he is subsidizing Nigerians. Who is subsidizing who?

DT: Does it suggest that you don’t believe in the subsidy? So, you are not going to agree to its continuation in anyway?

Buhari: I would like to be on ground and find out what really has been going wrong. Why is it that people are doing round-tripping with the Nigerian products and take money from the treasury? Some people are still in court. You know about it. So, I’m not taking anything for granted. But I will try and find out what went wrong.

Read full interview on other issues in the link below:

Source: http://dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/top-stories/20804-i-don-t-know-what-fuel-subsidy-means-buhari
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by tervishi(m): 8:34pm On May 26, 2015
Lol..... I thought this power sector was privatized.... God save us all
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by tervishi(m): 8:34pm On May 26, 2015
Lol..... I thought this power sector was privatized.... #God save us all
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by Jodesky(m): 9:24pm On May 26, 2015
Seequadry:
only if this apology ll reflect on our bill...

You are right on point.

My main concern however is that the press statement gives no hope that power supply will be restored anytime soon. Its just a complete ramble without any commitment about power restoration.

Chai! This country has been grounded.
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by lexy2014: 9:51pm On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

The real disaster is blabber mouth Daura President who scared oil marketers with his senseless talk =>

Bros, uv just increased peoples love 4 buhari by posting that interview. As they say, d devil is in d details. Buhari is a man who believes in details. That's how u resolve issues by sorting out d details

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by ogundeleai(m): 10:17pm On May 26, 2015
It is nationwide! Am waiting to see next bill and found out if service charge will be included. I hope someone is preparing to explain to Nigeria why Nigerians should pay Bill for outgoing month. Yeye individual
Re: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply by persius555(m): 10:21pm On May 26, 2015
keep ur apology to your incompetent organization until u give us prepaid meters. These opportunists destroy businesses and investments only to tender insincere apologies. Who needs ur apology, your apology will not stop ur incompetence. You as..s...oles get paid to give us darkness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Tinubu Will Speak In January - Fashola / NDLEA Uncovers Underground Bunker Filled With Drugs In Delta State / Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.