Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout (45380 Views)

FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates / FG Apologises To South-east For Fulani Herdsmen Attacks. / FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout, Blames Gas Shortage and Vandals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by eluquenson(m): 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2016
The federal government has apologised to Nigerians for the persistent power failures, blaming the situation on gas failure as well as sabotage and vandalisation of power infrastructure.

According to a statement issued in Abuja on Friday by Segun Adeyemi, special adviser to Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, the government said that all efforts were being made to rectify the situation and ensure a gradual improvement in the power situation.

“There will be a decent improvement in the power situation from this weekend, thanks to ongoing remedial efforts that will double the current power supply to 4,000WM. Getting back to the 5,074MW all-time high that was reached earlier will take a few more weeks,” Mohammed said.

The minister said that at a time the routine maintenance by the Nigeria Gas Company had affected the supply of gas to power stations, forcing down power supply from an all-time high of 5,074 MW to about 4,000MW, a combination of unsavoury incidents further crashed the power supply to about half that figure.

“The vandalisation of the Forcados export pipelines forced oil companies to shut down, making it impossible for them to produce gas. Then, workers at the Ikeja DISCOS, who were protesting the disengagement of some of their colleagues after they failed the company’s competency test, apparently colluded with the National Transmission Station in Osogbo to shut down transmission,” he explained.

“Finally, the unfortunate strike by the unions at the NNPC, over the restructuring of the corporation, shut down the Itarogun power station, the biggest in the country. Due to these factors, only 13 out of the 24 power stations in the country are currently functioning. It is this same kind of unsavoury situation that has affected fuel supply and subjected Nigerians to untold hardship.”

The minister condemned the situation in which some Nigerians, under the guise of the various unions in the oil and gas sector or sheer vandalisation, would continuously sabotage the country’s power infrastructure.

“The bitter truth is that for as long as these groups of Nigerians continue to sabotage the power infrastructure, Nigerians cannot enjoy a decent level of power supply. We therefore admonish all Nigerians who may be agitating for their rights in whatever form to refrain from any action that will further hurt the same people they claim to be protecting,” he added.

During the week, Femi Adesina, presidential spokesman, had blamed Nigerians for sabotaging power infrastructure.

“On the issue of power, it seems Nigerians are their own problems. You can recall about four weeks ago, the power ministry came out to say that the megawatts we had was 5070, which is an all-time high in 16 years,” he said.

“A few days after, some people blew installations in Bayelsa, we lost about 1600 megawatts immediately. After that, installation was blown in Delta and we lost another 1,000 megawatts. What would the government do in that kind of circumstance?

“If the people who should be provided power are the ones sabotaging installations, they can’t turn round to say government is not providing power. Nigerians need to determine what they want. If South Africa has about 50,000 megawatts, it is because their own people are not sabotaging their installations, they are not going to blow up the lines. If Nigerians continue to blow up and sabotage, then they can’t come around to say that there is no power.”

Source

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by ladyF(f): 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
They can shove their apologies up their asses, who apology help? angry

I love [size=15pt]Davide470[/size] kiss kiss kiss

139 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by benedictnsi(m): 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
Them no need to apologize.... We are used to it

Propaganda

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by DWJOBScom(m): 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
grin very soon APC fans will start apologizing and releasing press statement on behalf of PMB

While PMB refutes the statement from DUBAI OR UK

148 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by missKiffy(f): 6:46pm On Mar 11, 2016
We've not had light for the past six days now embarassed wetin I wan use their apology do

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by barbstee(m): 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
Naija go beta

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by spafu(m): 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
Na apology I go chop? Abi na apology go pay me back all my soups wey done spoil for fridge? This government of Dullardpo Dundee President Buhari one of Daura will either kill us or we will kill it. Shey na them say dem go improve Nigerians' situation, which person life done better now, apart from Buhari and him forty thieves (Ministers)?

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Standing5(m): 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
Vandals have been operating for ages and won't stop. What is the govt doing to checkmate the activities of the vandals? With all the technology in the world . . . Power isn't flower oh, make Fashola use in him mind.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Emekamex(m): 6:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
I am still wondering if I will ever enjoy stable and consistent electricity in my lifetime in Nigeria.

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
it is now a bit comforting that the federal government has duly apologised for their inability to live up to their promise as regarding the power sector, but my plea now is for there to be a general sensitisation to all PHCN field workers as concerning their irrational behaviour towards their job.
it can be very annoying when you see a PHCN official threatening to cut off my power supply from the main cable just because I haven't paid for just a month. threatening me like he is unaware of the nationwide black out, like he is not even a Nigerian. I'm just saying this because the next headline you will all see next on NL will be "PHCN official stabbed by an angry Nigerian over electricity hassle"...
I've said my bit.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Dahveydson(m): 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
This is first of its kind. No?

Even though some will say, na apology we go chop?

It shows a sense of responsibility on the part of the government. They've apologised and promised that things will improve from this weekend, we can only hope it does.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by akegists: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
No apologise to Goodluck Jonathan instead for discrediting his efforts in the power sector

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by adedayourt(m): 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
KEEP YOUR APOLOGIES FOR THE GULLIBLE MIND

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by jmoore(m): 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2016

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
Na apology we wan chop

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Ephemmm: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
To all wailers ascribing polio success to GEJ in the morning, hope you remember that epileptic power supply is one of the legacies the ogogoro drunkard left behind?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by BedLam: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
Some zombies will come here and tell us "this is what a responsible govt does". Na apology I wan take charge phone ?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by freshness2020: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
Keep it to ursef.
We are vexing. Look for solutions please.
Is just like nothing is moving. Heck!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Ephemmm: 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
adedayourt:
KEEP YOUR APOLOGIES FOR THE GULLIBLE MIND

A govt apologizing for something I knew it didn't cause. This is change I voted for unlike the clueless one who keeps deceiving Nigerians for six years with empty promises despite availability of resources to curb this lack of power supply (the price of crude oil still at its peak coupled with enough reserves)

Ride on Mr President: God will back you up as you are planning to take Nigeria to a greater height.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by shachris02: 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
but some zombies were denying that there was a blackout. angry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Reekadict04: 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
cheesy
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by barackosama(m): 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
But this is Coming from the LIE himself. Lie Muhammad!!!

Though I pray they Succeed. During Jona time, jona no go even gree talk say No LIGHT for Naija. A good leader admit all bad things, that way he could find a way out to fix them!!!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Blizzy9ja: 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2016
And the blame game continues

1 Like

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Swanye(m): 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2016
Apology accepted.

The world is driving towards stopping use of drugs to embrace natural solutions to pathological conditions.

You can naturally manage your diabetes using natural means. Visit www.naturehealthoptions.com/diabetes.html

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Chanchit: 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2016
I just hope say I no go die before una normalize the situation.

1 Like

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by adedayourt(m): 7:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ephemmm:

At least

it doesnt least anything brov.

either dey mke it right or . . . .

3 Likes

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Icecomrade: 7:04pm On Mar 11, 2016

#BrainDeadLeaders
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by kennyman2000(m): 7:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Lovexme(m): 7:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
[size=30pt]Shove the apology down your asses and give us light now![/size] angry

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amotekun, Hunters Dislodge Herdsmen From Oyo Forest Reserves / Buhari Receives Obasanjo At The Presidential Villa (Photos) / Hameed Ali Arrives Senate In Mufti (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.