Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu (19300 Views)

Wike Storms INEC Office To Supervise Collation Of Results As PDP Wins. PICS / Jonathan In Gbamaturu For Presentation Of Staff Of Office To HRM Oboro-Gbaraun / It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by UfuosLaLa: 8:21pm On May 26, 2015
Lstar4real:
Go back and read history very well and tell me the reason why Benin called their King "OBA" and mind u if Benin not Yoruba why can't they give their King another name different.... Like Igbo using Igwe.......They are Omo oduduwa..my friend
Broda u're the one who needs more reading, can u prove that the word 'Oba' is a prerogative of Yoruba language and culture? Take the word 'Baba' which means father for example; Hausas and other ethnic groups(including mine, Urhobo) in Nigeria use it also to mean the same thing with varying intonations. Can you also prove to me that Oduduwa was not a total stranger to Ife? Or can i say Yorubas are Edos(by the Edo version of the story), or Egyptians... Lol, or are a people with the same original identity of Oduduwa other than Yorubas as we know today? That's if u're telling me Oduduwa predates yoruba culture and history anyway. Look! Culture begets royalty or whatever form of government and not the other way round. IN AS MUCH AS I DO NOT DENY THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ANCIENT YORUBA AND EDO PEOPLE, I WILL CONTINUE TO TELL ANYONE THAT HE OR SHE IS WRONG TO CLAIM THAT EDOS ARE YORUBAS OR VICE VERSA or can u claim that British are French? LOL.
Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by barcaboi(m): 9:02pm On May 26, 2015
tonychristopher:

Can u tell us the language similarities bw yoruba and benin

Yoruba .....wa
Benin .....lare
Yoruba .....orisa olorun
Benin ....osalubuwa
Yoruba ....joko
Benin....tota

Diff is clear

just listen to Omawunmi's omagbele and tell me u can't find any similarities dere especially when she said something like ' Oruko mi eh eh
Omawumi unounoah!'....
is Oruko not yoruba?

OR
Ewo omin Nigeria dede….eh!
Ainsun……ini!
Ainsun……ini!
Emeisun o

d yoruba translation
eyin omo Nigeria dede....eh
sensun(are u asleep)......
sensun...
eye sun o(don't sleep o)

Stop bn stubborn and learn

and why is she Omawunmi?...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by wadetaw202: 9:10pm On May 26, 2015
Tomfrench:
take that one pass me....goat!!! u win!!

You are worse than a goat. A goat can still be domesticated. But you? No hope for you!
Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 26, 2015
wadetaw202:

You are worse than a goat. A goat can still be domesticated. But you? No hope for you!
jeez!!! oh GOD...WOW!! ur not ok o...tot i was talking to a grown up...just saw the way people are abusing u on this thread... u won't get me...nah not me...try someone else... i'm done
Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by tonychristopher: 9:30pm On May 26, 2015
barcaboi:

just listen to Omawunmi's omagbele and tell me u can't find any similarities dere especially when she said something like ' Oruko mi eh eh
Omawumi unounoah!'....
is Oruko not yoruba?

OR
Ewo omin Nigeria dede….eh!
Ainsun……ini!
Ainsun……ini!
Emeisun o

d yoruba translation
eyin omo Nigeria dede....eh
sensun(are u asleep)......
sensun...
eye sun o(don't sleep o)

Stop bn stubborn and learn

and why is she Omawunmi?...

Dude i said edo not itshekiri pls
Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by Lstar4real(m): 10:25pm On May 26, 2015
UfuosLaLa:
Broda u're the one who needs more reading, can u prove that the word 'Oba' is a prerogative of Yoruba language and culture? Take the word 'Baba' which means father for example; Hausas and other ethnic groups(including mine, Urhobo) in Nigeria use it also to mean the same thing with varying intonations. Can you also prove to me that Oduduwa was not a total stranger to Ife? Or can i say Yorubas are Edos(by the Edo version of the story), or Egyptians... Lol, or are a people with the same original identity of Oduduwa other than Yorubas as we know today? That's if u're telling me Oduduwa predates yoruba culture and history anyway. Look! Culture begets royalty or whatever form of government and not the other way round. IN AS MUCH AS I DO NOT DENY THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ANCIENT YORUBA AND EDO PEOPLE, I WILL CONTINUE TO TELL ANYONE THAT HE OR SHE IS WRONG TO CLAIM THAT EDOS ARE YORUBAS OR VICE VERSA or can u claim that British are French? LOL.
My friend don't mixed things Together... Baba - Father is commonly used in my lingo...check Zulu its south Africa lingo... They do called father - Baba...n many languages like DT.....we talking About OBA Here..in Benin...what's the full name of Edo state governor.... If u check then u will understand more.... The powerful people in Benin are hailed from Yoruba Origin...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by macof(m): 10:49pm On May 26, 2015
ichidodo:
Ayangburen is an ishan name...why would a Lagos chief bear an ishan appellation?Just as you have Osemawe in Ondo state....Could it be that the Binis have had much extensive colonisation over coastal southwest than contemporary history would divulge? could these colonisations be fuelled by an embassy from Portugal and the strategic need to trade slaves and fire arms?Had Lagos been the contact point between these two imperial nations?Was it why Lagos was named so by the Europeans and Eko by the Binis....?Can we hypothetically say Lagos became no man's land at that historical and epic point?
Another ishan telling yorubas and Binis their history while his history dies away

1 Like

Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by macof(m): 10:53pm On May 26, 2015
ichidodo:
Rubbish...Ayagnburen and Ebumawe have no meaning in yoruba language.

Oh great now the Esan man teaches Ijebus(Yorubas) their language too

1 Like

Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by macof(m): 11:06pm On May 26, 2015
adaybayor:

Why are you wasting your time on him. How about he come and listen to me change tongue and tell me if he will understand anything.
gringrin many of dem have no idea of Yoruba language, how deep it is and it's many dialects and accents

1 Like

Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by macof(m): 11:11pm On May 26, 2015
Lstar4real:
Go back and read history very well and tell me the reason why Benin called their King "OBA" and mind u if Benin not Yoruba why can't they give their King another name different.... Like Igbo using Igwe.......They are Omo oduduwa..my friend

The Bini royal lineage is of Ife origin but the greater Bini people are not yoruba
Even the Omo'n'oba would be wrong to call himself yoruba, he can only say his ancestors were Yoruba (or Ife Ooye as they were called back then)

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by macof(m): 11:16pm On May 26, 2015
UfuosLaLa:
Benins are not Yorubas please and they will never be. Their history is clear to anyone who cares to look well. The Ekpen n'Owan(home Leopard), Omo n'Oba n'Edo himself does not call himself Yoruba but a full Edo man, stop these your false claims abeg. And don't u bother go into the Oduduwa story.... Long live the new monarch.
The confusion comes with the attachment yoruba kids feel towards Bini on hearing about yoruba - Bini relationship throughout history
Bini remain Yoruba closest relatives on this earth

1 Like

Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by UfuosLaLa: 1:15am On May 27, 2015
Lstar4real:
My friend don't mixed things Together... Baba - Father is commonly used in my lingo...check Zulu its south Africa lingo... They do called father - Baba...n many languages like DT.....we talking About OBA Here..in Benin...what's the full name of Edo state governor.... If u check then u will understand more.... The powerful people in Benin are hailed from Yoruba Origin...
hahahaha... Edos have conquered Yorubaland and not the other way round.
Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by UfuosLaLa: 1:31am On May 27, 2015
macof:

The confusion comes with the attachment yoruba kids feel towards Bini on hearing about yoruba - Bini relationship throughout history
Bini remain Yoruba closest relatives on this earth
Well, i know the Binis and Yorubas are related but they are not closest relatives. Have u forgotten about the Urhobos, Isokos, Western Igbos and Western Ijaws and other Edo-speaking groups(all in the old mid-west)? These are the real brothers and cousins of the Edo people, they've been together from ancient times long before the birth of Oduduwa. The relationship is not merely a relationship of royal families but that of ancient cultural history and mutual existence... No wonder the old Midwest was the actual cradle of the ancient empire- it's people(not jst the Edos) actually drove that glorious empire. Have you ever though and researched about the reason behind the removal of he Midwest from the western region?
Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by wadetaw202: 3:20am On May 27, 2015
Tomfrench:
jeez!!! oh GOD...WOW!! ur not ok o...tot i was talking to a grown up...just saw the way people are abusing u on this thread... u won't get me...nah not me...try someone else... i'm done

Are you still alive? I thought you were dead already.
Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by Kormforth: 7:53am On May 27, 2015
Samchelsea:
sorry it does not, the former oba died last year and this is a new oba so this might not happen again in the next 20 years.
lol
Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by faezol(m): 8:24am On May 27, 2015
baybeeboi:

you know one thing I hate about you Yorubas?
You got a foul big mouth.
And

You кησω Yσυ are foolish, and Yσυ are a he goat. If them born tour mama and papa well make Yσυ comment again
Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by baybeeboi: 8:28am On May 27, 2015
wadetaw202:

Anyone one who compares your comment with the original post will see clearly that you are worsenthan steupid. You are an immbecile. Get informed before making comments, Mr imbbecile.

Goodbye!

ntorr.
Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by baybeeboi: 8:28am On May 27, 2015
Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by wadetaw202: 4:53am On May 28, 2015
baybeeboi:

ntorr.

Senseless!!!
Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by disumusa: 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
raumdeuter:

Oba is a Yoruba word, Olu is a Yoruba word why would the King of Bini and Warri bear a Yoruba appellation

Could it be that the Yorubas have had much extensive colonisation of the Mid west

eya lbo man who just like turning to Yoruba in dream. these are places Yoruba reside as indigenous and not settler sw ,kogi ,kwara ,Benin ,delta,Benin republic ,Brazil, Togo,
Re: Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by macof(m): 10:08am On Jul 06, 2015
Ikorodu is in chaos now because of this new Oba. It is said that he didn't go through all the required rituals

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Chieftains And Thousands Decamp To PDP In Akwa Ibom / Goodluck Jonathan: If Not For Saraki, National Assembly Would Have Been In Chaos / I Don’t Think Atiku Can Defeat Buhari. No, He Can’t – Tony Momoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.