Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046535 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MASMEK2016: 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
To God be the Glory Great things he has done
We lodge our Application at Teleperformance on the 25th January, 2016
Got to Pretoria 27th January, 2016
We got our Grant today the 11th day of Feb, 2016.

Thanks to the Guru's in the house for your contributions cos its went a long.

8 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2016
MASMEK2016:

congrats bro
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
hello House,
My uncle wants to wire fund to me from the states to Aussie..he's of the opinion that it's quite cheaper and money saving looking at the current forex exchange issue..pls how will he go abt it?..shld I open a bank account with an aussie bank from nigeria nd give him d account details or what?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by enabs20: 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
Congrats. This is encouraging.

MASMEK2016:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Stanleych007: 4:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
Congrats Masmek the grants being testified in this house is overwhelming, and lets be mindful that its not just on whichever agents we used to process our admission and visa application, its totally the grace and favour of God, the help of agents stop at the point u take ur application to teleperformance, God takes over from there, I pray that those waiting for their grants this week will also rejoice and testify in this favoured room including my humble self...#Bless
MASMEK2016:

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
@All

Please stop using this thread to market/promote any agent/agency.

This thread is DIY 100%

Thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Krest3d: 5:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
enyinna4:
hello House,
My uncle wants to wire fund to me from the states to Aussie..he's of the opinion that it's quite cheaper and money saving looking at the current forex exchange issue..pls how will he go abt it?..shld I open a bank account with an aussie bank from nigeria nd give him d account details or what?

I opened an account with ANZ Bank and got my account details in two days. From what i gathered on their site, you can deposit into the new account, which means it's possible for your uncle to wire funds directly to the new account. You'd just need to present your passport and flight ticket to them when you arrive Australia in order to be able to withdraw.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
Greetings to you all, i want to apply for an M.sc admission into biochemistry and molecular biology in an australian university.
I am a first class graduate of Biochemistry uniben nigerian.

Are there scholarship opportunities for me in australia and what are the admission reauirements ?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 5:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
2posh:
IN OTHER NEWS...

Guess who is travelling today grin grin grin

As you probably already know, I got my visa since October 2015 but I deliberately had to wait until now to travel, for several reasons.

So, anyone traveling with Emirates tonight (Lagos>Dubai>Brisbane) ...holler! cool cool cool

wt school r u going
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 5:39pm On Feb 11, 2016
iriferi:
1. International passport 2. Flight receipt (iom I guess) 3. optional - Yellow card, if you've got one 3. Visa grant letter ( print it out) for Naija immigration.
thank u iriferi

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 5:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
Pless who is going to Brisbane on the 18th via iom? travel buddy needed sadface
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 6:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
MaxiDj:

Well, I didn't fill the visa form. PFL did everything. I just went there and took my documents to teleperformance. He asked me verbally and I said yes. Then he was like, it doesn't matter.

i ws denied a canadian visa in 2014 bt i doubt if it was put there when d pfl ppl.fillled d form cs i wasnt there wen dey filled it n dey never even asked me any question abt if iv bn denied before.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
Krest3d:

I opened an account with ANZ Bank and got my account details in two days. From what i gathered on their site, you can deposit into the new account, which means it's possible for your uncle to wire funds directly to the new account. You'd just need to present your passport and flight ticket to them when you arrive Australia in order to be able to withdraw.

thanks bro, will do same
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
mPop:
Pless who is going to Brisbane on the 18th via iom? travel buddy needed sadface

Queensland University Of Technology

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 9:52pm On Feb 11, 2016
E family, tor, our good news go continue. I just landed for Melbourne o. Thanks soooo much, I appreciate you guys, from accommodation, fees payment, etc. Expecting all of una soon.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2016
Adetoi01:
E family, tor, our good news go continue. I just landed for Melbourne o. Thanks soooo much, I appreciate you guys, from accommodation, fees payment, etc. Expecting all of una soon.
Congrats happy for u

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by braddddddd: 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2016
@enyinna pls I handed over my app to my agent nd since den I ve no really gotten a tangible answer so I want to write to them wit my passport number about it. Please advice me ,what do u think?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by veryconcluded: 9:55pm On Feb 11, 2016
cremeuc:
is it that expensive?

Yes it is very expensive
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Teexy: 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2016
Adetoi01:
'

wow....congrats. Pls what school in Melbourne?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Teexy: 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
Abeg who's in the house that is resuming on the 22nd of feb and is yet to get a visa grant. Still waiting for mine cry
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by veryconcluded: 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
malkinburg:

Not sure if naira master cards works here anymore. I stand corrected oooh, e Don tay wey I withdraw from Naija account. Please if anyone has recently used his card let the house know to help the new arrivals.

Nigerian MasterCards and Visacards do work perfectly well but the exchange rate, atm usage charges and amount that can be withdrawn differs according to the bank. The more cards you have the better for you, as at today when I used my stanbic card, the rate was N220 and charge was N240.
Still the best rate though when compared to others but has the lowest amount to be withdrawn from Atm, max withdrawal is $200 daily and $1000 monthly. Gtb is $400 daily and $1000 monthly

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 10:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
2posh:
IN OTHER NEWS...

Guess who is travelling today grin grin grin

As you probably already know, I got my visa since October 2015 but I deliberately had to wait until now to travel, for several reasons.

So, anyone traveling with Emirates tonight (Lagos>Dubai>Brisbane) ...holler! cool cool cool

will join you by monday at 2posh. safe flight

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MASMEK2016: 11:21pm On Feb 11, 2016
Anyone travelling with Ethiad tomorrow to Sydney.I need a friend on board.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Raymondeji(m): 11:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hi everyone, I was granted admission for BSc Nursing at ACU Melbourne Campus, I am currently awaiting my COE but my start dats is still Feb 2017. My question goes thus
1. Is it advicable to start my visa application soon? I actually felt like starting it soon to give time for other preparations.
2. My Sponsor is my aunt who doesn't have the same surname as mine anymore due to marriage, how do I handle this in case of sponsorship letters and statement of account?
3. My wife and I wished to apply for visa together but I want to do mine first, then invite her later. Please how do I do this and how reliable is it?
These are my questions for now. Will bring more as they arise. Kindly advice on these
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kennethagada(m): 3:35am On Feb 12, 2016
please guys who used IOM, i have contacted them for my booking and the guy handling it said him has forwarded my request to Accra. but up till now i have not heard from the guy to be able to pay in Nigeria banks with naira equivalent. guys who used them, please is it normal to wait this long cus IOM Australia directed me to IOM Lagos and according to IOM Australia if i don't pay on the 11th i will miss the sit for 18th February and today is 12th already and no way forward. please what will i do about dis?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:20am On Feb 12, 2016
kennethagada:
please guys who used IOM, i have contacted them for my booking and the guy handling it said him has forwarded my request to Accra. but up till now i have not heard from the guy to be able to pay in Nigeria banks with naira equivalent. guys who used them, please is it normal to wait this long cus IOM Australia directed me to IOM Lagos and according to IOM Australia if i don't pay on the 11th i will miss the sit for 18th February and today is 12th already and no way forward. please what will i do about dis?

dats dia modus operandi, dey reachout to dia Accra office for bookings and revert back to you wen dy get a feedback, all this process won't take up to 3days.so relax, they will get back to you soon.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.