Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,525 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046876 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aceBlazer: 9:05pm On Apr 16, 2016
Pls... I really hope that am not beginning to bug the house with my plenty questions lately...
I will like to know in the personal statement for subclass 573, in responding to the part where u are asked about your reason for choosing Australia rather than your home country for studies...would it be implicating to mention as one of the reasons being that Australia government policies allows international students who wish to work for sometime immediately after graduation to do so (with some conditions tho) for a while before heading back to their home countries to pursue their goals.

Is it also ok to mention as another reason for your your choice being that it possible and leg image for students to do some part time jobs to offset some bills while studying

Pls anyone can advice... God bless y'all

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by enabs20: 9:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
congrats Engr.

ENGRJCJ:
God has done it for me, my visa is granted .. Pls e-family u guys made everything easy for me. God bless you all. Nnbb2012,Eric, Edwin, lawland in short everyone on this forum, u guys really tried for me. I'm so grateful
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by enabs20: 9:14pm On Apr 16, 2016
adim02 congrats

adim02:
My e-mail family help me to thank God my VISA just land now,am so so.........................happy.thanks all jorgan we are moving to Newcastle University here i come.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by enabs20: 9:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
hi adim and congrats again, i want o confirm this... do you mean that it took only 3 days for FBN to process your form A? info from this thread has it that it takes some 3-4weeks to process. do you have an insider that helped you fast track it or not? what branch of FBN did you go to and did it affect the timing in any way?
thanks for your anticipated response. God bless

adim02:

Form A from first bank took me only 3 days while my application svp 3weeks but i did up front medical.good luck.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 9:56pm On Apr 16, 2016
aceBlazer:
Pls... I really hope that am not beginning to bug the house with my plenty questions lately...
I will like to know in the personal statement for subclass 573, in responding to the part where u are asked about your reason for choosing Australia rather than your home country for studies...would it be implicating to mention as one of the reasons being that Australia government policies allows international students who wish to work for sometime immediately after graduation to do so (with some conditions tho) for a while before heading back to their home countries to pursue their goals.

Is it also ok to mention as another reason for your your choice being that it possible and leg image for students to do some part time jobs to offset some bills while studying

Please don't state it o rather tell them after your studies you will be coming back to NIGERIA and list some plans you ve when you come back and also don't rubbish NIGERIA o because if u state all the wahala we r facing now dat will give dem a clue dat u will not come back that you are planning to run away and please don't mention anything like part job o

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 10:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
izykvision0:
Y not utilize d power of e-commerce, than going thru all that trouble!

Gees for 8 years, I studied worked and travelled around Singapore malaysia Thailand Laos Vietnam china japan. I derive joyful in traveling. While exploring the beauty, culture, food and meeting people in the country i visit i cease the opportunity to do my shopping. Does that make sense?

Uniqlo is a Japanese company and they sell less cheaper than their sister company in Australia. In Akihabara, Japan, electronics are sold cheap unlike in Australia.

Most of the best running and office shoes are made in Vietnam and cost abou $60-$100 while in australia same shoes and quality cost $150- $300. In quanzhou, china nice T-shirt are sold for $5-$10 while even lesser quality ones are sold for $30-$60.
I hope that explains while it makes sense to buy while one is on a trip.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
Stanleyelege:
Hello house , I was yesterday offered admission into Charles Sturt university for a PGD programme. The school not fully satisfied with my documents wrote this "
Dear Partner
Congratulations! I am pleased to advise that your application has been successful. Please find the CONDITIONAL OFFER document attached for your review and acceptance.

Kindly note the following:
-Student mentioned on Student Financial form that he will be partial self funded. In this case, provide the financial documents.
-The financial documents from sponsor are too blur, please provide clearer copies. Please note that funds need to stay in account for a minimum of 3 months in order to be accepted. Please also provide relationship proof between sponsor and student.
-Please provide a detailed SOP.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, the agent made me understand that the school fees was 17,000 aud but while studying the admission offer, I discovered it was 26,000aud.
Secondly, I remb to have thicked the column that I will be partially sponsored even when the agent nd I know I was using an uncle's bank statement. I expected her to have gone through my forms to correct such errors. This would ve impeded the current demand for my own financial details as I ve already indicated my uncle as a sponsor.

3) The financial documents from sponsor re too blur so they need clearer copies.

4) The sponsor doesn't bear same last name as myself so they said they need proof of relationship.
My sponsor's account holds only 5 million which period of stay isn't upto 1 month even, so they re saying the funds needs to stay in the account for 3 months in order to be accepted.
This statement of account issue really gave me real trouble Cus I kept meeting Frnds whom I thought would ve atleast 5m as their bank balance but that wasn't the case as I ended up transfering 2million to the account of my sponsor just to see that he releases his statement of account to me.

With the school fees no longer 17,000 aud but now 26k aud, does it mean my bank balance will increase?

Will I ve to convince my sponsor to leave the Money in his account for another 3 months before applying for visa?

How best do I proof that I ve relationship tie with my sponsor?

Can I get any affordable univ with tuition fee within 17k aud- 20k aud for a PGD programme.

Pls advise me.

Regards

You can't get it wrong with this website:
http://cricos.education.gov.au/
Any university or college not registered with Cricos code will not be accepted by the immigration.
From that website you can find schools by state (click on the state you want to study in)
You can search by course
Or
You can browse schools alphabetical.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ayooladee(f): 12:04am On Apr 17, 2016
Good evening, please house I want my wife to follow me to Australia, but she is not working yet, I hope she will find some casual job over there? And secondly the medical test what are the test we will both ask to do?
CC: ENGRJCJ Jorgan
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NUkachukwu: 2:16am On Apr 17, 2016
aceBlazer:

Hi aceBLAZER,

Trust you are good? If you ask me, these reasons stated above are not valid(sorry for my use of word), it raises an eyebrow.

Find below what I used during my application, it should help thou individual circumstances differ:

In Selecting Macquarie University(school not country in my case), I have been influenced by the way her graduate program addresses business question(s)(Note, I am undertaking a course in Business Management so it relates to my then intended course of study) at international level. I am particularly looking forward to such course, I am also excited to interact with professors, students and counselors whose work is closest to what I intend to pursue. I have been corresponding with the University website, from where I have learned about the collaborative environment at the university where I will interact with students, teachers and industry professions. I believe that I will be able to contribute to and learn from the academically challenging environment at the university after which, I intend to give back to the larger society especially my country all that I have gained during the period of study.

Note: this only relates to the section for the reason for selecting Australia.. I narrowed mine to the school indicating the school in question inspired my decision to further my studies in Austalia.

Hope this helps? All the best.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 6:14am On Apr 17, 2016
Hello all,

For those requiring answers to PR related questions, I have opened a new thread for it. See the link below..

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

I will copy lot of people here on the thread so you can join in answering questions. It doesn't mean I wouldn't answer general questions that I have answers to here but to separate PR from Study visa.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nanaman(m): 8:11am On Apr 17, 2016
You can't get it wrong with this website:
http://cricos.education.gov.au/
Any university or college not registered with Cricos code will not be accepted by the immigration.
From that website you can find schools by state (click on the state you want to study in)
.[/quote]

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 11:44am On Apr 17, 2016
enabs20:
congrats Engr.
Thanks Boss
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
hello bro congrats on your grant i love the good news still waiting for mine tho when did you submit?
ENGRJCJ:

I have not gotten any notice from them at all.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 1:40pm On Apr 17, 2016
elawdafinest:
hello bro congrats on your grant i love the good news still waiting for mine tho when did you submit?
17/03/2016...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
elawdafinest:
17/03/2016...are you ur grant hasn't come out since coz I tot u submitted before me? Send email to them na and pls check ur email box well
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
NUkachukwu:

Hi aceBLAZER,

Trust you are good? If you ask me, these reasons stated above are not valid(sorry for my use of word), it raises an eyebrow.

Find below what I used during my application, it should help thou individual circumstances differ:

In Selecting Macquarie University(school not country in my case), I have been influenced by the way her graduate program addresses business question(s)(Note, I am undertaking a course in Business Management so it relates to my then intended course of study) at international level. I am particularly looking forward to such course, I am also excited to interact with professors, students and counselors whose work is closest to what I intend to pursue. I have been corresponding with the University website, from where I have learned about the collaborative environment at the university where I will interact with students, teachers and industry professions. I believe that I will be able to contribute to and learn from the academically challenging environment at the university after which, I intend to give back to the larger society especially my country all that I have gained during the period of study.

Note: this only relates to the section for the reason for selecting Australia.. I narrowed mine to the school indicating the school in question inspired my decision to further my studies in Austalia.

Greetings,
please which sections/ parts are to be completed in the personal statement for subclass 573.
I am a prospective applicant, I want to apply for cbn form A soon and obtain CoE. While I wait, I can always work on my personal statement . Thanks in anticipation for your kind response

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
aceBlazer:

Greetings,
please which sections/ parts are to be completed in the personal statement for subclass 573.
I am a prospective applicant, I want to apply for cbn form A soon and obtain CoE. While I wait, I can always work on my personal statement . Thanks in anticipation for your kind response
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mamajaz(f): 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2016
Australian visa grant just received; appplied 14th of may; medicals front loaded; used pfl
Congrats, please what is the meaning of 'used pfl"
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by enabs20: 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
i would also appreciate response to this Q. thanks all.

Cottyekundayo:

Greetings,
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 5:11pm On Apr 17, 2016
mamajaz:
Congrats, please what is the meaning of 'used pfl"
pfl is an agent u can Google to get more information about them
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aceBlazer: 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
Solitin40:

Please don't state it o rather tell them after your studies you will be coming back to NIGERIA and list some plans you ve when you come back and also don't rubbish NIGERIA o because if u state all the wahala we r facing now dat will give dem a clue dat u will not come back that you are planning to run away and please don't mention anything like part job o

Thanks a lot Solitin40. Really appreciate the suggestion
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aceBlazer: 6:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

Greetings,

That's question 33 of form 157A where you are supposed to attend to those bullet point questions

I believe the form 157A is to be completed and signed on ink... Handwritten I guess

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aceBlazer: 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
NUkachukwu:

Hi aceBLAZER,

Thanks a bunch bro... Thanks for the wonderful tips

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adim02: 6:37am On Apr 18, 2016
My e-family member IOM still helping people for flight arrangement, am waiting now for my ticket.Good luck to all waiting for decision from their CO.Gods favour to you all.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 7:39am On Apr 18, 2016
I'll like to correct this. each bank has an official conversion rate for every currency, all u need do is ask. he has to ask his bank for the official rate for AUD. as for Stanbic, as at a few days ago, it was 1 AUD to 210 Naira.
jorgan:

Hello,

1. Yes Australian unis request for your official transcript. You can send directly to the school you plan to apply yourself or you can request your school to make the transfer (soft copy).

2. Nigeria trades in three major currencies, the USD, POUNDs and EUROs! And the most widely used is the USD. No set rate for the AUD. However, you can get around this, since you will pay for your application fee using your debit or credit bank provided by a Nigerian bank, u will be debited in USD/naira. Hence the rate of 1 USD to 1 AUD as @ the point of typing this is 1.30 dollars. Now divide AUD100 by 1.30 this approximately gives you USD77 then multiply the USD77 by the black market rate of your debit card provider, say 295 naira (Stanbic). Your application fee then is 22,715 naira.

I hope this is clear enough?!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 7:40am On Apr 18, 2016
Ask ur bank how much the exchange rate is and you will know, we cant really answer that question for u here. Jorgan has answered the other question.
elnino2015:
Hello house,

Please I have some pertinent questions that I need you guys to answer

1. Do Australian universities request for official transcripts sent from foreign universities to consider international students for admission like US and Canada schools do

2. How much is the current exchange rate of the AUD to the NGN. I'm applying to UNSW and they are requesting for an application fee of AUD100. Please I'll like to know the Naira equivalent of this.

Thanks in anticipation for your answers.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aceBlazer: 9:39am On Apr 18, 2016
Good morning my kind people... Hope you all had a great weekend.
Pls still on this form 157A... I need help on the right choice of words in telling them about the kind of job I hope to sort for and find upon return. That is question 38 which says "what kind of employment will you be seeking for on return". What choice of words will be suitable for a mechanical engineer with interests in the energy/power sector and oil and gas related jobs.

Pls urgent responses will be immensely appreciated.

Many thanks and hope you all have a fantastic week ahead.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 12:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
Yes bro im still expecting i just tire tho my medicals was uploaded 16th march still expecting oooo
ENGRJCJ:
17/03/2016...are you ur grant hasn't come out since coz I tot u submitted before me? Send email to them na and pls check ur email box well
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by zuriel2016: 1:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hello I was wondering if Pretoria usually send acknowledgement for receipt of applications?

I submitted at TLS , received acknowledgement that it is being transferred to Pretoria, but I am yet to receive an acknowledgement from Pretoria, its been about 3 weeks now. svp masters by research

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.