Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,040 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1045990 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by zuriel2016: 4:17pm On May 27, 2016
Hello all

I was wondering if anyone IN AUSTRALIA has currently used a Naira MasterCard , and if it worked? if yes, what was the rate charged?

I haven't been able to get USD from the bank and I am travelling very soon. the black market rate :owhen i enquired today was 345 to USD, I was thinking to just come over with my naira Mastercard, like 200USD, spreading my risk ,using 3 Naira mastercards (GTB,SKYE and ECObank)

Alternatively I was thinking of doing a money gram or western union transfer to myself and pick up at Australia, was at ecobank yesterday , they said they were waiting for the rate for the new month, anyone in same boat? anyone done MG or WU transfer recently to Australia, what was the rate please?

seniors in the house, please advise.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Feb26soldier: 8:06pm On May 27, 2016
As at yesterday, zenith atm was 256 and stanbic was 250 all in naira to 1 AUD. It used to be 200 in feb when i moved here, the rate have been climbingsince April. So its two evils, which you have to pick one. Wu and Mg are black market rate now not cbn rate anymore. But you can find out. My advice for you is to start looking for jobs online now, because i envisiage that it will still get higher than what it is. Cbn 1 aud to naira is less than 150 and commerical banks are selling for 250, those people wont stop at nothing. Cheers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hustla(m): 8:16pm On May 27, 2016
Hmmm australia
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 27, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 9:15pm On May 27, 2016
Dontee5star:
I need a quick answer please , my school Edith Cowan is under svp and they're yet to ask for statement of account and have already paid for Sch fee , will I be submitting the statement of account and the embassy later ? Thanks in advance
Bro, I will be attending ECU by July too. I sent you a PM Though. How long after payment did you get your COE an Did you have to send your telex copy?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by virtual3xpert: 1:07am On May 28, 2016
jukeblam:

I recently got my positive assessment as a Professional Engineer (Mechanical); and I did the diploma route into 200 level (Unilag). However, I had an extra semester that added a year to my graduation year and strikes that added another year to total time spent; maybe these peculiarities had an effect. Or maybe not.

I mean, the transcript would still show same content- save for the 1st year which is mostly general courses across the faculty.

You should apply via fastrack too.

Hi juke! I also got into Unilag via diploma. Does your post above mean you didn't process your diploma transcript /certificate? That means you put the year you got into 200L as your year of entry yes?

I'm hoping I won't have to process mine as well.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by koolaid87: 7:37am On May 28, 2016
nasilas:

What course do you intend to study at this college?

Advance diploma on Leadership and Marketing

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by koolaid87: 7:50am On May 28, 2016
erictack203:
For the young man not to have a reject record in Pretoria, he should apply for Masters in Agric or soil science or environmental science or Botany.

Else he will waste his time and his money. There is no long thing about it.

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by koolaid87: 7:52am On May 28, 2016
jasmine1147:

He can apply- all he have to do is apply with uni certificate to get admitted to Tafe or whatever college and he should do thesame while applying for his visa.
Thats how i got here

Thank you. Yes, I just wanted to know if it works that way..from a university here to a college over there, and now that I do, i'll start as soon as possible..

Once again, thanks jasmine 1147, Solitin40
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by koolaid87: 8:00am On May 28, 2016
AlvinKem:

Bro I did transfer from a Dom acct and d bank used d official online rate, d only diff is d charges paid fr transfer, it's high dan form A, with a Dom acct it's 3 wrkng days... Quiet fast n easy, all it cost is a higher charge fr transfer.

Higher charge, like how much please compared to form A
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oobidike(f): 11:14am On May 28, 2016
Sammybbb:
Hello House How Do I Get To Know My Visa Application Has Been Received In Pretoria....I Submitted Since On The 17th And The Last Mail I Got Was From TLS Saying Application Has Been Sent To Pretoria...
The last mail gotten from TLS is what you would get, Pretoria doesn't send mail that your application has reached them. Submitted same day too. Lets be hopeful at least 2nd week of June
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jukeblam(m): 11:42am On May 28, 2016
virtual3xpert:

Hi juke! I also got into Unilag via diploma. Does your post above mean you didn't process your diploma transcript /certificate? That means you put the year you got into 200L as your year of entry yes?

I'm hoping I won't have to process mine as well.

Yes to the above. Stated my 200L year as 'start date of education'. Never knew diploma had a certificate sef... cheesy
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kcluv2men(m): 3:59pm On May 28, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by virtual3xpert: 6:00pm On May 28, 2016
jukeblam:

Yes to the above. Stated my 200L year as 'start date of education'. Never knew diploma had a certificate sef... cheesy

Alright! Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sammybbb: 6:30pm On May 28, 2016
oobidike:

The last mail gotten from TLS is what you would get, Pretoria doesn't send mail that your application has reached them. Submitted same day too. Lets be hopeful at least 2nd week of June
TNX....JEHOVA WILL SEE US THROUGH
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Toche1: 8:03pm On May 28, 2016
Woa congratulations
Ps: what class of visa was that.... That was so quick

Sorry, guyz, I made a mistake; applied 14th may, received today; 7 working days. Pfl. Medical frontloaded
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 5:17am On May 29, 2016
Thank God for bringing me in safely Australians re lovely pple and Australia is a lovely place now in Melbourne........ For everyone expecting God will favour you sooner than you expected.

6 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chigsmith: 5:47am On May 29, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chigsmith: 6:10am On May 29, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by alaoeri: 8:29am On May 29, 2016
chigsmith:
@zuriel2016 or any other person in need. I have upto 1k AUD which I want to convert to naira. If interested...let me know so we can discuss further.
At what rate?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chigsmith: 8:40am On May 29, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by alaoeri: 8:55am On May 29, 2016
chigsmith:
@alaoeri
As at 29th may., I guess 245 should be a fair deal for anyone interested
Am actually interested, even need more than 1k but 245 is a little bit high.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chigsmith: 9:03am On May 29, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:24am On May 29, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by utcheylee: 2:43pm On May 29, 2016
Good day House,

Please I need the gurus to help me out here, I am planning to apply for my skills and occupation to be assessed by vetasess under CSOL Inusurance Broker for NT. Now my question is I started work as an insurance broker from 2010 to middle 2013 making it 3 years,joined another insurance company as a sales/ marketing officer till date.

Do you think I have a good chance to be assess well?

Here are my check list:

Offer letter from my old insurance broker
3 months pay slip from them
Referance letter from my old boss.
Offer letter from my new insurance company
Pay slip
Pension letter
Tax latter
Resume
References from them.
My bsc certificate
Few certificate for training attended.

Do you think am missing anything? I heard my transcript has to be submitted by my uni and not me.

How long does it take asses and get acknowledgement from them.

Before I forget I read cooperative economics and management so I assume it's in line with my skills, no other degree just bsc and age 34 by July married with 3 kids.

Please the gurus should asses me let me no if i need to add any other thing and if anyone submitted presently which bank did they use because gtb is heal

Finally any one in Darwin should please brief me on the state because am coming with my family.

Thank you guys and God bless happy Sunday.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by heavybullets(f): 3:20pm On May 29, 2016
Please help me. I haven't been able to complete payment for my tuition because UBA has been slow sending forex to the school i applied to. 4 weeks now! Any one in the same condition? please offer advice to solve the problem quickly
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Asoasoaso: 3:44pm On May 29, 2016
My good people
I want 2 apply 4 master in Australia dis month and it's possible 4 m 2 get admission and go there in July or I need to wait till February ?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Asoasoaso: 3:52pm On May 29, 2016
heavybullets:
Please help me. I haven't been able to complete payment for my tuition because UBA has been slow sending forex to the school i applied to. 4 weeks now! Any one in the same condition? please offer advice to solve the problem quickly
[color=#990000][/color]

It's Advisable to use DIAMON bank
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kcluv2men(m): 4:29pm On May 29, 2016
heavybullets:
Try first bank. I think they can help you bid and they have better rates.4 weeks is a long time.... btw, what school is that?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dontee5star(m): 5:23pm On May 29, 2016
heavybullets:
Use diamond bank , pretty fast
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 29, 2016
utcheylee:
Good day House,

Please I need the gurus to help me out here, I am planning to apply for my skills and occupation to be assessed by vetasess under CSOL Inusurance Broker for NT. Now my question is I started work as an insurance broker from 2010 to middle 2013 making it 3 years,joined another insurance company as a sales/ marketing officer till date.

Do you think I have a good chance to be assess well?

Here are my check list:

Offer letter from my old insurance broker
3 months pay slip from them
Referance letter from my old boss.
Offer letter from my new insurance company
Pay slip
Pension letter
Tax latter
Resume
References from them.
My bsc certificate
Few certificate for training attended.

Do you think am missing anything? I heard my transcript has to be submitted by my uni and not me.

How long does it take asses and get acknowledgement from them.

Before I forget I read cooperative economics and management so I assume it's in line with my skills, no other degree just bsc and age 34 by July married with 3 kids.

Please the gurus should asses me let me no if i need to add any other thing and if anyone submitted presently which bank did they use because gtb is heal

Finally any one in Darwin should please brief me on the state because am coming with my family.

Thank you guys and God bless happy Sunday.
I would advise, you use vetassess advisory service because vetassess get plenty wahala. I just used the advisory service and my occupation bsc was equated to AQF diploma. Their advisory service is about 130 aud. And discount of 50 aud in ur subsequent assessment. Like my case another occupation was suggested to me. My little understanding about vetassess make u non waste money.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.