Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,144 members, 7,811,218 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1044228 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
DamiOludumila:
Hey Guys.

So I want to study at Deakin, but my father wants my sisters ( ages 3 and 7 ) & my mother (41) to come with me. I don't know how it will work and I need to convince my father that this is a great choice over Canada.
Please help me. This is very urgent.
Undergraduate or Postgraduate?
Are you using an agent?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellynnemio: 8:56pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mrbigman2:

Please can u gimmi the whole test to be done so I can be upto date, den how much will it cost me in total?

And please have Australia Msc application resumed?
Medical) Medical examination and Chest Xray. I dnt know where u might choose to do yours, there are two options: IOM Migration health assessment center and Fatayi's Clinic. Did mine at Fatayi's Clinic. The fee was 45k but if u have no OPV certificate, you will be asked to pay an additional 3k for it. Fatayi will send you to St. Nicholas for Chest Xray examination wre u will pay 5700 for the services.. I don't know of Msc application.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellynnemio: 9:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mrbigman2:

Please can u gimmi the whole test to be done so I can be upto date, den how much will it cost me in total?

And please have Australia Msc application resumed?
Medical examination and Chest Xray. I dnt know where u might choose to do yours, there are two options: IOM Migration health assessment center and Fatayi's Clinic. Did mine at Fatayi's Clinic. The fee was 45k but if u have no OPV certificate, you will be asked to pay an additional 3k for it. Fatayi will send you to St. Nicholas for Chest Xray examination wre u will pay 5700 for the services.. I don't know of Msc application.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2016
DamiOludumila:
Hey Guys.

So I want to study at Deakin, but my father wants my sisters ( ages 3 and 7 ) & my mother (41) to come with me. I don't know how it will work and I need to convince my father that this is a great choice over Canada.
Please help me. This is very urgent.

Yes it is possible if you are 18yrs and below but then your dad must have enough finance to show to the immigration.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:54pm On Sep 16, 2016
DJphamz:

08059754309...unblended oooo sad

Sad we couldn't finish our phone conversation and you wont pick my repeated calls.
You wont be allowed to bring in seeds into Australia. Hope you declare this in your passenger card and avoid being fined $240.
It must be blended or no deal.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tobeefalz: 2:39am On Sep 17, 2016
pls any suggestions for cheap flights/airlines to sydney?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 8:20am On Sep 17, 2016
tobeefalz:
pls any suggestions for cheap flights/airlines to sydney?
Go to mytrip.com i saw a ticket for $833
Lagos to Cairo - Egyptair
Cairo to Dubai - Emirates
Dubai to Sydney - Emirates
Baggage Allowance 2×23kg

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DJphamz: 8:35am On Sep 17, 2016
WestAfrican:

Sad we couldn't finish our phone conversation and you wont pick my repeated calls.
You wont be allowed to bring in seeds into Australia. Hope you declare this in your passenger card and avoid being fined $240.
It must be blended or no deal.

Oops..too late. Egusi on board, not declared cry
No problem with deal..
Unblended egusi was already checked in hours before you called.
Was having issues with travellexPTA when you called
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:37am On Sep 17, 2016
DJphamz:

No problem with deal..

You must declare at australia border otherwise you get a fine. You will be super luck to bring it in. Just declare it to avoid being fined.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tobeefalz: 9:54am On Sep 17, 2016
Solitin40:

Baggage Allowance 2×23kg
can you kindly send the link,I can't seem to find it
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 10:17am On Sep 17, 2016
Solitin40:

Baggage Allowance 2×23kg

Can you pay with a debit mastercard on that site pls?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 11:28am On Sep 17, 2016
abbyjo:

Can you pay with a debit mastercard on that site pls?
Sure you can pay with it
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 11:36am On Sep 17, 2016
DJphamz:

No problem with deal..
Which airline are you using?
How much was charged in naira to a dollar at Travelex??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 11:37am On Sep 17, 2016
Solitin40:

Sure you can pay with it

Thanks, pls wat bank card did u use and wat was d rate?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2016
abbyjo:

Thanks, pls wat bank card did u use and wat was d rate?
Never book yet
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 11:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
Hello guys, it's been a while I have written something on here but I have been following. Please I need help in making this crucial decision of coming to Australia via study. I already have a Master's degree from the UK but I intend to do another Masters in Australia.

My question is is it adviseable to declare my already obtained Masters as I fear that it may raise a red flag? On the other hand, if I don't declare the Masters, I fear the possibility of being denied visa on the grounds that I have been academically idle as my first degree was obtained about 7 years ago. Although I have some work experience to explain the gaps.

Kind and sincere responses please. Cheers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 12:13am On Sep 18, 2016
tobeefalz:
can you kindly send the link,I can't seem to find it
Bro can't find it also maybe it has been booked but i saw another cheap one on the website

Lagos To Johannesburg SA Airlines
Johannesburg to Singapore Singapore Airlines
Singapore to Sydney Singapore Airlines
Cost 1000+Euros.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 12:16am On Sep 18, 2016
SegunWamiri:
Hello guys, it's been a while I have written something on here but I have been following. Please I need help in making this crucial decision of coming to Australia via study. I already have a Master's degree from the UK but I intend to do another Masters in Australia.

My question is is it adviseable to declare my already obtained Masters as I fear that it may raise a red flag? On the other hand, if I don't declare the Masters, I fear the possibility of being denied visa on the grounds that I have been academically idle as my first degree was obtained about 7 years ago. Although I have some work experience to explain the gaps.

Go for Permanent Residence

cc Bellong and West African

They are pro in the field . But their is a thread for PR which i strongly advise you to read from page 1 to the last
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tobeefalz: 12:24am On Sep 18, 2016
Solitin40:

Bro can't find it also maybe it has been booked but i saw another cheap one on the website

Lagos To Johannesburg SA Airlines
Johannesburg to Singapore Singapore Airlines
Singapore to Sydney Singapore Airlines
Cost 1000+Euros.
thanks, don't they need transit visa or so?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 1:22am On Sep 18, 2016
tobeefalz:
LAG-JOBURG-PERTH-SYDNEY IS ABT 526,000 BUT ITS CHEAPER FRM ABJ, DEPENDING ON TRAVEL DATE Y CAN GET IT FOR LESS DAN 400 OR A LIL MORE on south african airlines

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 3:15am On Sep 18, 2016
abbyjo:

LAG-JOBURG-PERTH-SYDNEY IS ABT 526,000 BUT ITS CHEAPER FRM ABJ, DEPENDING ON TRAVEL DATE Y CAN GET IT FOR LESS DAN 400 OR A LIL MORE on south african airlines

I used SA but it was a long wait of 15hrs, so for those planning to use SA be prepared to lodge at the protea hotel near the airport.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 3:20am On Sep 18, 2016
SegunWamiri:

Hi go for PR instead and don't over stress urslf with msc or PhD because tution here is crazy.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 3:22am On Sep 18, 2016
Been a while I updated here, it's due to the busy schedule and surviving here, from time to time I'll always drop by to contribute best way I can. Cheers!.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 8:26am On Sep 18, 2016
AlvinKem:

I used SA but it was a long wait of 15hrs, so for those planning to use SA be prepared to lodge at the protea hotel near the airport.

The layover for abuja itineary is shorter than that of lagos, its about 6hrs so if ur in abj or close to it, its a beta option
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 8:48am On Sep 18, 2016
tobeefalz:
No you don't .You are not leaving the airport so don't worry yourself about that.

When are you leaving?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 8:51am On Sep 18, 2016
AlvinKem:

How much was the room? also was Transit visa requested?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 10:11am On Sep 18, 2016
Solitin40:

How much was the room? also was Transit visa requested?

It was close to $100 if ur layover is 15hrs
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tobeefalz: 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
Solitin40:

No you don't .You are not leaving the airport so don't worry yourself about that.

When are you leaving?
I'm looking at late Sept or early October,what about you?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tobeefalz: 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2016
can a one way ticket be used for a student,without encountering problems at poe?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DJphamz: 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
WestAfrican:

You must declare at australia border otherwise you get a fine. You will be super luck to bring it in. Just declare it to avoid being fined.

I m in sydney now oo..with my declared Egusi.
I will see you in Newcastle tomorrow bro.
Pls send you number to me (afofem@yahoo.com)
Regards
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DJphamz: 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
tobeefalz:
can a one way ticket be used for a student,without encountering problems at poe?

Yes..came on a 1-way ticket

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.