Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046172 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GodsClan(m): 6:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
I was told that stream visa processing does not need iets. pls is this true? have just been given admission for my masters in the university of western Sydney
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
GodsClan:
I was told that stream visa processing does not need iets. pls is this true? have just been given admission for my masters in the university of western Sydney
If the school has issued an admission and COE without IELTS, I don't think immigration will ask for it. But e good to get am for other prospects in Oz.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
scholly:
Am still in the same boat with you. I lodge my application since July 14, I still haven't heard anything from them. Please help
Seems the Australian Immigration was set up to teach patience and perserverance because once you lodge your application you are kept in the dark until they contact you. After contacting teleperformance and sending two emails without response, I've left the matter in God's hand. So be prayerful and just keep praising God for a good response. I also heard this season is busy because they start a new year in July and so on and so forth....

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
scholly:

Am still in the same boat with you. I lodge my application since July 14, I still haven't heard anything from them. Please help
send a mail to immigration asking for an acknowledgement of your application, be sure to include your name, dob and passport number.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chukky6443(m): 9:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
Hi fellas.
Please I need urgent help. I want to change career path to engineering (starting with an undergraduate study) in Australia, I already have a degree in Biochemistry (UNN). This is what I would love to study after rediscovering myself and having developed a high skill in engineering and technology. The course I studied at school wasnt really what I wanted but family and other issues made accept the offer then, but have never been able to do anything with it since graduation. I dont know if it's too late to go for this now as I am 25 now.
I know this could be a rare case, but I can bare all that is required. Should I rewrite WAEC or take A-Level exam or apply directly with my 7year old WAEC certificate and BSc transcript?
how possible is it for me to get accepted into a school that offers my course of choice and also the possibility of getting a visa approved from the embassy following my condition?
Although I believe that with God all things are possible, but I still need advice.
Please anyone with vast experience should help me out.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timikenzo2(f): 10:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
@NNB2012 and all,pls guide me.I am about to submit to vetasses,am I supposed to scan all documents to the email adress Provided on their site.(is dat d definition of online application?) And is my assessement supposed to be called full skill assessment as there are various categories of assessment. Many thanks as I await your responses....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chamboy(m): 10:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
scholly:

pm me would tell u what to do
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chamboy(m): 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
timikenzo2:
@NNB2012 and all,pls guide me.I am about to submit to vetasses,am I supposed to scan all documents to the email adress Provided on their site.(is dat d definition of online application?) And is my assessement supposed to be called full skill assessment as there are various categories of assessment. Many thanks as I await your responses....
reply my pm.... y u doing an online app
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chamboy(m): 10:12pm On Aug 11, 2015
chukky6443:
Hi fellas.
Please I need urgent help. I want to change career path to engineering (starting with an undergraduate study) in Australia, I already have a degree in Biochemistry (UNN). This is what I would love to study after rediscovering myself and having developed a high skill in engineering and technology. The course I studied at school wasnt really what I wanted but family and other issues made accept the offer then, but have never been able to do anything with it since graduation. I dont know if it's too late to go for this now as I am 25 now.
I know this could be a rare case, but I can bare all that is required. Should I rewrite WAEC or take A-Level exam or apply directly with my 7year old WAEC certificate and BSc transcript?
how possible is it for me to get accepted into a school that offers my course of choice and also the possibility of getting a visa approved from the embassy following my condition?
Although I believe that with God all things are possible, but I still need advice.
apply for the bsc, u don't need to rewrite waec... use your bsc n d old waec

Hope u av nice gp
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chamboy(m): 10:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
GodsClan:

please try n use ieLts or any recognised English test laws change here like weather
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chamboy(m): 10:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
ukdave:

If the school has issued an admission and COE without IELTS, I don't think immigration will ask for it. But e good to get am for other prospects in Oz.
immigration can dey can b mad at times
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bryanpro(m): 11:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
ukdave:

Seems the Australian Immigration was set up to teach patience and perserverance because once you lodge your application you are kept in the dark until they contact you. After contacting teleperformance and sending two emails without response, I've left the matter in God's hand. So be prayerful and just keep praising God for a good response. I also heard this season is busy because they start a new year in July and so on and so forth....
Like serious oh
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 11:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
timikenzo2:

Online application is the best bet for you. However, it is not attaching documents to email.

If you read the website well, there is a link to their online portal application. On it, you only need to scan original documents and upload. There is no need of certifying the documents.

You should choose migration assessment. If you want a point test advisory note, then you opt for the full assessment.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by farellstone: 11:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
As a graduate of English and literary Studies is it possible to move to Australia as PR or is only the engineers that are liable for it.pls I need you people's guided advice on steps to take.thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 12:37am On Aug 12, 2015
sanmibukunmi:

Pleas NNB tanks for ur help on this thread mehn u are just awesome....

Please how do I get assessment with Animal science or agriculture in australia??
Check the SOL/CSOL list for your occupation or related occupation and assessing authority.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 12:41am On Aug 12, 2015
chukky6443:
Hi fellas.
You are good to go. Check the course or schools you are looking at studying. It is very likely they will direct you to an agent representing the school.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 12:42am On Aug 12, 2015
timikenzo2:
Bellong has responded correctly. Kindly follow his instructions.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 12:48am On Aug 12, 2015
farellstone:
As a graduate of English and literary Studies is it possible to move to Australia as PR or is only the engineers that are liable for it.pls I need you people's guided advice on steps to take.thanks

Australian PR is not only for Engineers, other occupations are eligible. Check the SOL/CSOL list to see if your occupation or related occupation is there or not. What is your current occupation? It is not enough just to be a graduate of English and literary studies to be eligible for it. You must be either a Teacher of English language or journalist etc.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 1:18am On Aug 12, 2015
NNBB2012:

Australian PR is not only for Engineers, other occupations are eligible. Check the SOL/CSOL list to see if your occupation or related occupation is there or not. What is your current occupation? It is not enough just to be a graduate of English and literary studies to be eligible for it. You must be either a Teacher of English language or journalist etc.

hello nnbb, how are u? hw long have u been in australia now?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 2:22am On Aug 12, 2015
mPop:

I'm good, thank you. Just 3yrs,11months and 22days. Any reason for asking?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chamboy(m): 3:21am On Aug 12, 2015
mPop:

are u in aussy too
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 3:25am On Aug 12, 2015
Once an application is lodged through Teleperformance, subtract one week from the date and the other dates is when the docs gets to Pretoria. Example, if you submitted 3weeks ago, the docs are in Pretoria for 2weeks.

Teleperformance allows docs to pile up up to a week b4 they usually transfers to Pretoria, Docs goes to Pretoria every Friday of same week or Monday the following week. So shame nor go make dem contact you make person nor go say dem dey incompetent. They face more of UK applications more than oz. Oz use to have few applications and less money for them.

ukdave:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 3:29am On Aug 12, 2015
Man your brain na computer ooo, chaiiii.

NNBB2012:

I'm good, thank you. Just 3yrs,11months and 22days. Any reason for asking?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by farellstone: 7:19am On Aug 12, 2015
NNBB2012:

thank you sir. I'm a journalist for an online newspaper.please can you explain to me the steps I can take to secure visa and the cost.thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timikenzo2(f): 7:35am On Aug 12, 2015
bellong:

Online application is the best bet for you. However, it is not attaching documents to email.

If you read the website well, there is a link to their online portal application. On it, you only need to scan original documents and upload. There is no need of certifying the documents.

You should choose migration assessment. If you want a point test advisory note, then you opt for the full assessment.
Thanks alot bellong....Do I really need the points test advisory?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timikenzo2(f): 7:37am On Aug 12, 2015
NNBB2012:

Bellong has responded correctly. Kindly follow his instructions.
Yea...thanks a lot.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 8:01am On Aug 12, 2015
farellstone:
thank you sir. I'm a journalist for an online newspaper.please can you explain to me the steps I can take to secure visa and the cost.thank you
1 Check the SOL/CSOL: Google SOL or CSOL list to see if your occupation is there
•2 Calculate Points. You need either 50,55,60points minimum depending on your visa type.
3. Select the Visa Types:
4. Proof of English Language ability:
•5 Skills Assessment:
•6 Gather the documents
•7 Submitting an Expression of Interest:
8.Wait for the invitation
•9 Lodging Application:
•11 After Lodging:
12. Upload necessary documents such, reference letter,payslips,PCC,Tax certificates, etc
13. Arrange medicals
•14 The Waiting:
•15 The Decision:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tetraman(m): 8:05am On Aug 12, 2015
Greetings to the house and the knowledgeable gurus.
I have a quick question, I just applied for a 574 visa for PhD, fully funded by scholarship/ARC research grant. I would like to know if it was risky to apply from outside Nigeria as I just finished my Masters in Germany. Should I have gone home and applied from Nigeria?
I read some posts with people applying from outside Nigeria and being reject for lack of ties back home. I'm worried of not meeting the General temporary entrant requirement.
Gurus in the house, your clarification would be much appreciated.
God bless you all.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by owenklay: 8:38am On Aug 12, 2015
Hi,

I don't think applying from Germany is a problem; as long as you are in Germany legally and have the right documents to back this up. I also applied for the 574 visa from the UK and I'm currently in Australia. So no worries! Hope you wrote a very good SOP? You should get your grant in less than 3weeks...all things being equal.

All the best mate!

tetraman:
Greetings to the house and the knowledgeable gurus.
I have a quick question, I just applied for a 574 visa for PhD, fully funded by scholarship/ARC research grant. I would like to know if it was risky to apply from outside Nigeria as I just finished my Masters in Germany. Should I have gone home and applied from Nigeria?
I read some posts with people applying from outside Nigeria and being reject for lack of ties back home. I'm worried of not meeting the General temporary entrant requirement.
Gurus in the house, your clarification would be much appreciated.
God bless you all.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tetraman(m): 8:45am On Aug 12, 2015
owenklay:
Hi,

I don't think applying from Germany is a problem; as long as you are in Germany legally and have the right documents to back this up. I also applied for the 574 visa from the UK and I'm currently in Australia. So no worries! Hope you wrote a very good SOP? You should get your grant in less than 3weeks...all things being equal.

All the best mate!

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 12, 2015
erictack203:
Once an application is lodged through Teleperformance, subtract one week from the date and the other dates is when the docs gets to Pretoria. Example, if you submitted 3weeks ago, the docs are in Pretoria for 2weeks.
Teleperformance allows docs to pile up up to a week b4 they usually transfers to Pretoria, Docs goes to Pretoria every Friday of same week or Monday the following week. So shame nor go make dem contact you make person nor go say dem dey incompetent. They face more of UK applications more than oz. Oz use to have few applications and less money for them.
If this is the way teleperformance handles our applications then their services are questionable. Other countries apply and get e reciept and we are just kept in the dark about a service we have paid for. Is there any way of addressing this issue. Because I called the office twice and they were giving all kinds of excuses. They didn't even know what SVP meant. Nigerians deserve to be treated better. No matter what.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 12, 2015
chamboy:
pm me would tell u what to do
Bros Abeg tell me what to do o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.