Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043773 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:00am On Aug 27, 2015
Am loyal Sir! Am at your becks and core grin

scrollmeout:

Thanks Ericktac203, you strengthened my resolve to go ahead with PTE. However, I first learnt of it from @okpas12. cheesy but Bros I go still need to consult you as usual for the other matter sha so please help your boy

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Jetspeed: 10:00am On Aug 27, 2015
pingu2k5:
Yes, you can edit your EOI after submission, but note that the date of effect of your EOI will change when you make changes that increase/decrease your points. Date of effect is the date your EOI is deemed submitted.

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scholly(f): 12:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
erictack203:
Hello House, a friend of mine got his grant yesterday, his OSHC starts counting from 25th Oct, can he enter Australia now?
Please when did he apply for the grant,as I am still awaiting mine since 4th of July. I called their customer service and was told my CO is on leave,it was so annoying
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Manweysabi(m): 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
This will really help someone intending to go the PR route... A rough guide

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/A_Rough_Guide_to_Australian_General_Skilled_Migration

Courtesy: NNBB2012
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
Is yours SVP? He submitted 31st July, Granted Aug 25th.

scholly:

Please when did he apply for the grant,as I am still awaiting mine since 4th of July. I called their customer service and was told my CO is on leave,it was so annoying
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
All hail NNBB2012. cool

Manweysabi:
This will really help someone intending to go the PR route... A rough guide

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/A_Rough_Guide_to_Australian_General_Skilled_Migration

Courtesy: NNBB2012
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honestpoju: 11:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
Thanks a lot bro. you have been helpful
Kunlay11:

Well, you can bring your clothes and shoes of course lol.. And I mean that because clothes and shoes are quite expensive here especially if you are not financially buoyant yet. As for food, bring garri, ground pepper, ground melon, and most importantly maggi, for whatever reason maggi is kinda expensive here. Check your bags well to ensure you are not carrying anything illegal, and don't leave your bag for anyone to watch for you at the airport while you go to pee or for anything. That's all I can think of, sorry if I'm not of much help. Safe trip!!!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 12:39am On Aug 28, 2015
scrollmeout:
Hello NNBB2012. Please do you know how long it takes to assess work experience alone on EA? This isn't stated in the MSA booklet. I browsed the websites but it only refers to the Skills assessment which is currently 9 weeks.
I don't know how long it takes to do that. Haven't you assessed your qualification? Why would you assess work experience? You really don't need it. Just go ahead with the number of years of relevant experience you have.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 12:47am On Aug 28, 2015
mobuch:

Bro, I have been sending u pm, but no response.

Sorry, I really do not know how it works. If I have your email, I would drop you a mail.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by okpas12: 5:14am On Aug 28, 2015
Thanks so much!
NNBB2012:

As it is, you have 45points without the English test. You need at least 10points from English test for you to be eligible for any visa. Department of immigration would refer to your letter for the purpose of awarding points for your experience; since it is stated on your letter that you have 3yrs, then you would be awarded 5points and nothing more. Focus on our English test and make sure you get at least 7,7,7,7 (IELTS)/ 65,65,65,65 (PTE A). Goodluck in your test.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 6:28am On Aug 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

I don't know how long it takes to do that. Haven't you assessed your qualification? Why would you assess work experience? You really don't need it. Just go ahead with the number of years of relevant experience you have.

shocked That means I may have thrown AUD320 away (N51,000). Yes I already assessed my qualification several months ago. I didn't opt for work experience assessment initially cos i was waiting for my work anniversary. I need points for work experience as well, hence the decision. So you are also of the opinion that it isn't necessary?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 7:48am On Aug 28, 2015
scrollmeout:

shocked That means I may have thrown AUD320 away (N51,0000). Yes I already assessed my qualification several months ago. I didn't opt for work experience assessment initially cos i was waiting for my work anniversary. I need points for work experience as well, hence the decision. So you are also of the opinion that it isn't necessary?
It is not necessary. I never did that likewise some other people that I know.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

Sorry, I really do not know how it works. If I have your email, I would drop you a mail.

Bro, pls send me a mail on melamonigeria@gmail.com and I will reply with my private mail. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
mobuch:

Bro, pls send me a mail on melamonigeria@gmail.com and I will reply with my private mail. Thanks

I want to ask you some questions too, are you still in Nigeria or have you left for Australia? Can i send you a mail as well?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bukenken: 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hello all,

I have been following these thread but need some clarification. I study Computer Science for my HND and PgD also having Master in Information Technology but presently working in a Telecommunication firm in the Network Operation Centre (NOC), kindly advice on what assessing authourity and ANZSCO Code to use am also having more than 5yrs working experience.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

It is not necessary. I never did that likewise some other people that I know.

Thanks a lot NNBB2012. Going by your advice, does that mean @okpas12 can attempt to claim more than 3 years experience if he has supporting evidence since TRA specified that he started his skilled employment in DEC 2004 and he has a MINIMUM of 3 years experience?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scholly(f): 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
erictack203:
Is yours SVP? He submitted 31st July, Granted Aug 25th.

Mine is SVP nomination. I submitted since July 20th
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bukenken: 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
Pls if someone can answer me.

Hello all,

I have been following these thread but need some clarification. I study Computer Science for my HND and PgD also having Master in Information Technology but presently working in a Telecommunication firm in the Network Operation Centre (NOC), kindly advice on what assessing authourity and ANZSCO Code to use am also having more than 5yrs working experience.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
When is your course starting? We submitted about the same time.

scholly:

Mine is SVP nomination. I submitted since July 20th
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bukenken: 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
Seems nobody is ready to answer my question
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
Your assessing authority is ACS,as for your ANZSCO Code, you are probably the only person who can answer that since you are most familiar with your duties and responsibilities. You need to determine which one matches your degree and job experience the most.
bukenken:

Hello all,

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bukenken: 7:45am On Aug 29, 2015
@ Scrollmeout, thanks so much. My prob is picking d right ANZSCO Code for my job experience becos l have been working as Telecoms NOC Engineer and am having degree in IT.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kingdiala11(m): 7:55am On Aug 29, 2015
mobuch:

Sorry, guyz, I made a mistake; applied 14th may, received today; 7 working days. Pfl. Medical frontloaded

Please help a brother in need, Did u go there by your self to apply for it or did a Visa Agent process it for u?
In Applying for a visa wud u need an Agent at all? if yes at what point.

Thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Fortunate20: 10:28am On Aug 29, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm currently studying Bsc nursing at Usq Queensland Australia. I have one semester left to graduate and would appreciate any useful advice from anyone. I know I need 7 in all bands of IELTS to register with AHPRA and I can apply 4-6 weeks before I graduate. My fear is that I want to apply for pr and I am quite worried if ANMAC can assess my skills before my visa expires. my visa expires august next year and I ll graduate towards June ending. Pls nurses and anyone else advice. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2015
bukenken:

Hello all,

What you need to do is to take a look at both SOL/CSOL and check what occupation is relevant to you. I would advise you not to consider any occupation that Engineers Australia is the assessing body, it won't fly because of your non-engineering background. Check ACS to see whether your present work experience matches anything related to an occupation they assess.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
NNBB2012:

What you need to do is to take a look at both SOL/CSOL and check what occupation is relevant to you. I would advise you not to consider any occupation that Engineers Australia is the assessing body, it won't fly because of your non-engineering background. Check ACS to see whether your present work experience matches anything related to an occupation they assess.

melamonigeria@gmail.con
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 3:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
Fortunate20:
Hello everyone, I'm currently studying Bsc nursing at Usq Queensland Australia. I have one semester left to graduate and would appreciate any useful advice from anyone. I know I need 7 in all bands of IELTS to register with AHPRA and I can apply 4-6 weeks before I graduate. My fear is that I want to apply for pr and I am quite worried if ANMAC can assess my skills before my visa expires. my visa expires august next year and I ll graduate towards June ending. Pls nurses and anyone else advice. Thanks

Check information on ANMAC website to see their requirements. You still have almost one year which I think it is more than enough to sort things out. What you need to focus on is how to meet the requirement of your registration which is meeting at least 7,7,7,7 or equivalent in English test and which will also contribute immensely to your points. I have no doubt that you would meet the required points considering likely points you would get in Australian study , age, English test and qualification. And besides, you are entitled to post-study visa. Start preparing for your English test now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2015
scrollmeout:

Thanks a lot NNBB2012. Going by your advice, does that mean @okpas12 can attempt to claim more than 3 years experience if he has supporting evidence since TRA specified that he started his skilled employment in DEC 2004 and he has a MINIMUM of 3 years experience?
No, he can't claim more than what was specified on his assessment letter. Skilled assessment with Engineers Australia is enough and let immigration calculate your relevant work experience.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
Fortunate20:
You can apply for 2 years graduate visa, that will give you enough time to apply for a permanent visa. You don't need to panic. ...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mistysamy(m): 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
Pls house my name is Sammy and I want to know how turf aussie immigration are on statement of account issue. How far do they go to scrutinise the documents you submit? On svp.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
NNBB2012:

Check information on ANMAC website to see their requirements. You still have almost one year which I think it is more than enough to sort things out. What you need to focus on is how to meet the requirement of your registration which is meeting at least 7,7,7,7 or equivalent in English test and which will also contribute immensely to your points. I have no doubt that you would meet the required points considering likely points you would get in Australian study , age, English test and qualification. And besides, you are entitled to post-study visa. Start preparing for your English test now.

hi, if your visa is about to expire and you apply for post study visa the visa can be extended in australia right? d
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bukenken: 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
@ NNBB2012, thanks for your advice. I will send to ACS then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.