Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043846 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 11:57am On Oct 10, 2015
Hi EEAA,

I think what everyone is trying to tell you will be clear to you if you check questions no.42 & 43 in the student visa application form.

Here's a screenshot for easy access

Hope this helps

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
lawland:
University sponsorship is a long thing as the VC alone doesn't have the power to grant such sponsorship, the senate and governing body will be involved, and what happens when they ask for account verification?

From my understanding, SVPs need to satisfy financial requirement but its not compulsory to show financial evidence even though they reserve the right to ask for it.

You can get a letter of commitment from your Uni like Bellong suggested but leave sponsorship for now.
Like i have always said, "follow your checklist!"

Thanks lawland
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
lawland:
University sponsorship is a long thing as the VC alone doesn't have the power to grant such sponsorship, the senate and governing body will be involved, and what happens when they ask for account verification?

From my understanding, SVPs need to satisfy financial requirement but its not compulsory to show financial evidence even though they reserve the right to ask for it.

You can get a letter of commitment from your Uni like Bellong suggested but leave sponsorship for now.
Like i have always said, "follow your checklist!"

Thanks lawland. I appreciate your advice
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
2posh:
Hi EEAA,

I think what everyone is trying to tell you will be clear to you if you check questions no.42 & 43 in the student visa application form.

Here's a screenshot for easy access

Hope this helps

I understand. I've checked that as well. Thanks a lot. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gbaskipro: 9:19am On Oct 11, 2015
Hello Friends, I applied for a 402 visa, it is called a research and trainee visa.

I lodged my application on 27th August

Medical done 5th September

I am still waiting and hoping for my grant, I pray it comes.

* I studied Psychology at Uni ibadan, I applied for Occupational training as a Social worker in an organisation in Australia, it worked out. So I am hoping to be in Australia doing Job trainee as a social worker, it has some pay involved, it is for 2 years.

After the 2 years I could either take up full employment or PR.

I need your prayers guys. If I may ask, am I going to wait 3 months least before I get the grant? Is it possible that I could get it before the 3 months mark?

Thanks Friends
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Manweysabi(m): 9:24am On Oct 11, 2015
gbaskipro:
Hello Friends, I applied for a 402 visa, it is called a research and trainee visa.

* I studied Psychology at Uni ibadan, I applied for Occupational training as a Social worker in an organisation in Australia, it worked out. So I am hoping to be in Australia doing Job trainee as a social worker, it has some pay involved, it is for 2 years.

I need your prayers guys. If I may ask, am I going to wait 3 months least before I get the grant? Is it possible that I could get it before the 3 months mark?

Thanks Friends

Wow! Never heard of this kind of visa before.

I wish you God's favour, mate.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gbaskipro: 9:50am On Oct 11, 2015
Manweysabi:

Wow! Never heard of this kind of visa before.

I wish you God's favour, mate.

Yea, strange compared to what many know here, just Google it out and see. Go to the immigration and borders website
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by drfdee: 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
Goodmornin evone,please am a medical doctor in Nigeria who just finished my Nysc.Pls I want to relocate to Australia.....how do u go about dat?

erictack203:
Congrats Sammy!!!

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 3:04pm On Oct 11, 2015
plz to all the gurus in the house I have a question for you guys nd I hope u answer ASAP.

plz wat kind of medicals (tests) are required for a visa grant. can you just name dem.

will u get to see ur results before they transfer it to Pretoria?

plz its important so DAT one check himself before their own test and also know wat to abstain from. thanx peeps @ all
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
drfdee:
Goodmornin evone,please am a medical doctor in Nigeria who just finished my Nysc.Pls I want to relocate to Australia.....how do u go about dat?

Go to medical board of Australia website for doctors' requirements.

You will need to pass their exams which are in two stages. I guess it can only be written in South Africa and Egypt.

If you want to come as a doctor, make sure you pass the exam before coming.

@chetaray,

Except you have extreme medical situation or tuberculosis, the medicals is not something you need to worry yourself about.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2015
Hello great people, thanks for your help so far. Please i need your advice again. I'm planning to lodge my application next week but my agent (BCIE- BRITISH COUNCIL) insists that i have to submit bank statement worth between #6 and 7m despite opening their eyes to number 42 & 43 on the application form.
Please what's your advice? I'm thinking of sending the application on my own or using another agent. I'm going for master of Nursing (i studied Nursing at school of Nursing and University)
I have received my CoE about two months ago and i have a landed property bearing my name and my husband's. I currently work in the nursing department of a university and I've worked for about 7 years as a nurse in primary health care. I intend to include both employment letters in my application and i have a dependant (my 3 years old daughter). I need your advice please. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 11:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
EEAA,

You can do the application on your own without the use of an agent. Afterall, the only thing the agent does is to submit your documents on your behalf.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olamonsor2: 11:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
You guys are too good.. God bless you as you are keeping this thread alive.

I studied Law at the uni. I want to do proceed for my masters in AUS on any related course like criminology, criminal studies, security studies..
What is my chance of getting PR ? Are the course lucrative to get PR? Abeg someone help.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 5:30am On Oct 12, 2015
bellong:
EEAA,

You can do the application on your own without the use of an agent. Afterall, the only thing the agent does is to submit your documents on your behalf.
Thanks bellong. I'm grateful. Do I need to put my pay slips in my application?
I pray this doesn't happen but what if the officer in charge of my visa asks how I intend to finance my studies (since they have the right to do so) because I don't have such funds in my account neither do I have any close relative with such huge amount. Thanks once again.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Akunubabunkem: 7:10am On Oct 12, 2015
Good morning guru's in the house.I submitted my svp application since Aug 25,since then I have not heard from them despite emails.I have not done my medicals,please kindly advice me on what to do.thanks and God bless you all.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by izykvision0: 7:52am On Oct 12, 2015
EEAA:

Thanks bellong. I'm grateful. Do I need to put my pay slips in my application?
I pray this doesn't happen but what if the officer in charge of my visa asks how I intend to finance my studies (since they have the right to do so) because I don't have such funds in my account neither do I have any close relative with such huge amount. Thanks once again.

If its SVP u don't need any financial proof, just a strong SOP, which is convincing that you will return to your job in Naija. Payslip is for PR application.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by izykvision0: 7:58am On Oct 12, 2015
EEAA:
I'm planning to lodge my application next week but my agent (BCIE- BRITISH COUNCIL) insists that i have to submit bank statement worth between #6 and 7m despite opening their eyes to number 42 & 43 on the application form.

BCIE always quotes big money bank statements. Even if you are applying to a Uni in TOGO, they will request a N5m acct statement.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by izykvision0: 8:04am On Oct 12, 2015
gbaskipro:

Thanks Friends

I wish you well on the grant, but I will advise you do a proper research on the transition from dat visa to PR or picking up full time employment; you need at least 457 work visa or a working holiday visa to work full time. In lieu of this, what I have read on the 402 visa is that you can only transit to another research visa after a strong case of not being able to complete your initial research. The visa holder is not authorized to transit to another type of visa on research completion and thus return home. You can point me in d right direction if wrong.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by doromay: 9:27am On Oct 12, 2015
Good morning guru's in d house, pls do I need police report fr Australia student visa processing.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gbaskipro: 9:59am On Oct 12, 2015
izykvision0:

I wish you well on the grant, but I will advise you do a proper research on the transition from dat visa to PR or picking up full time employment; you need at least 457 work visa or a working holiday visa to work full time. In lieu of this, what I have read on the 402 visa is that you can only transit to another research visa after a strong case of not being able to complete your initial research. The visa holder is not authorized to transit to another type of visa on research completion and thus return home. You can point me in d right direction if wrong.

I think you misunderstood it, one is if during the course of your occupational training your sponsor changes you can change your sponsor and continue. The other is if you finish your occupational training, your sponsor or another sponsor can nominate you for the 457 or 186 which is a Permernent visa. Work based occupational training under an authorised training program qualifies you directly work 457 once there is an available sponsor or also a 186 if there is a sponsor. My friend went via this 402 about 3 years agoe cos he did not have money for student or PR as at then, now after his 402 his employer nominated him for 186 and he now has a PR.

Also one can decide to apply for a Skill independent using your occupational training as your work experience, so I learnt. I think it is a good bet for guys like me with low budget.

The key is getting an approved organization which offers under job training or internship, as long as they are an approved sponsor and they are willing to provide you work based training, then you are ready for it.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kubbiebrownie(f): 10:25am On Oct 12, 2015
@izykvision0 pls I sent you an email on ur gmail acct on Saturday. ..pls am still waiting for your response...kindly assist pls. Tnx in advance

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by doromay: 11:13am On Oct 12, 2015
Pls someone should ans
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 11:58am On Oct 12, 2015
doromay:
Good morning guru's in d house, pls do I need police report fr Australia student visa processing.

You don't need it.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by doromay: 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2015
Oooh thank u very much @futuredon
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by izykvision0: 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
kubbiebrownie:
@izykvision0 pls I sent you an email on ur gmail acct on Saturday. ..pls am still waiting for your response...kindly assist pls. Tnx in advance

OK will check.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2015
izykvision0:

BCIE always quotes big money bank statements. Even if you are applying to a Uni in TOGO, they will request a N5m acct statement.

Thank you so much. Please I have another question. I just want to get all the necessary details before sending the application to avoid any error. Is it true that applicants with dependents can't apply under SVP? That's another reason BCIE gave me because I have a 3 year old dependent.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 1:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
izykvision0:

If its SVP u don't need any financial proof, just a strong SOP, which is convincing that you will return to your job in Naija. Payslip is for PR application.
. Thank you. God bless you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olamonsor2: 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
I am new here. Some pls help me out with my questions.
1. Do I need sponsor before my visa is granted? Or bank statement? I am applying for related courses under Law.

2. Incase I will need bank statement, can someone sponse me? ( different surname).

Pls help
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pmiller1: 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
@FutureDon, I really appreciate you for all the support and advise rendered...I'm grateful... Thank You! Thank You!! Thank You!!! grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by doomel: 4:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
@ manmeta, @ gogochocolate.....
Please can anyone who has done assessment with engineers australia send me a sample of CDR so i can use as a guide. I also need help with the summary statement, do i need to fill in all the spaces in the form on their website? Am doing the professional engineer. Please help.... my email is doomel4real@yahoo.co.uk
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 5:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
Akunubabunkem:
Good morning guru's in the house.I submitted my svp application since Aug 25,since then I have not heard from them despite emails.I have not done my medicals,please kindly advice me on what to do.thanks and God bless you all.
wow, 6 weeks is definitely too much for an svp Visa. I hope ur sop is convincing. Please call them and find out what d problem is, if you are sure your application is svp.
My 2cents though
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pristine88: 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2015
I am wondering if there is anyone in the house who is processing admission to wollongong or is presently resident there

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.