Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT (20963 Views)

Court Fines El-rufai N10,000 In Libel Suit Against Metuh / Court Strikes Out Buhari’s Suit Against AIT / GEJ Denies Being Probed for Alledged Links to the NDA. Threatens Libel Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by papoose999(m): 6:23pm On May 26, 2015
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Some people with their line of reasoning makes one vomit.

How will Tinubu win this court case? It will take Tinubu a million years to disprove all the contents of the documentary hence this will take Judiciary 50 years to settle in Supreme Court.

Moreover, AIT is not a person rather a media outfit hence ..... from their initial defense, these knowledge has been out there at public domain without any refutation or denial by the accused until the documentary was compiled.
unfortunatelyfor you..the onus lies on only AIT to PROVE their evidence. There is nothing for Tinubu to prove.

If u say I stole some money..i can't prove i didn't steal...but u have to prove that i stole..and that i have been officially found guilty of stealing before you went ahead to proclaim me a thief in public...otherwise..that ia defamation and libel and character assassination

AIT needs more than prayers

13 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Oklander: 6:24pm On May 26, 2015
AIT don enter one chance.

2 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Habidab: 6:26pm On May 26, 2015
Jagaban baba Agbalagba
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by IYANGBALI: 6:26pm On May 26, 2015
150 billion dollars? shocked omo Dokpesi half die. The case go sweet die,make I go shebuzor viewing centre to watch the case on 3D
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Ahmeduana(m): 6:33pm On May 26, 2015
soe:
Lol....no need for any case, NBC will shutdown that station from June 12 onward
WISHFUL THINKING.
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by mosco501: 6:34pm On May 26, 2015
Most TANOID stations go dey under lock and key very soon and their licence revolked
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by QuotaSystem: 6:37pm On May 26, 2015
philips70:

The defense AIT is putting against this case is very questionable and lack any legal sense. I wonder which lawyers wrote such defense on his behalf. Don't think they will come out unscathed.

Exactly. His defence is weak and frankly laughable. Imagine standing in court to say you broadcasted a defamatory documentary to millions around the world because 'the gist' has been around for 20 years. Around where? By whom?

*orders popcorn*

10 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by swezenberg(m): 6:38pm On May 26, 2015
philips70:

The defense AIT is putting against this case is very questionable and lack any legal sense. I wonder which lawyers wrote such defense on his behalf. Don't think they will come out unscathed.

I was going to say the same. The defense of Dokpesi is as weak as the tv station right now. AIT needs to spend more on good lawyers because I do not see this defense they just put up as solid enough to free them from the fangs of the Lion of Bourdillon. Tinubu is another Obj. If they escape this he will make sure he brings Dokpesi down by all means. Dokpesi should just have acted like Momoh of Channels. He chose to be Partisan and this is the result. More awaits him after the swearing in.

5 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by PStacks(m): 6:45pm On May 26, 2015
Thank God AIT is about to pack up..
150Billion naira.. Where Dokpesi wan see thÀt kind money to pay?

I'l rather watch an empty blank TV than watch AIT
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 26, 2015
This might be the end of AIT. People like Adaora Onyechere, Imoni Amarere, Adanma Odefa and co better start dusting their CVs 'cos unemployment is starring them in the face.
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by philips70(m): 6:54pm On May 26, 2015
swezenberg:

I was going to say the same. The defense of Dokpesi is as weak as the tv station right now. AIT needs to spend more on good lawyers because I do not see this defense they just put up as solid enough to free them from the fangs of the Lion of Bourdillon. Tinubu is another Obj. If they escape this he will make sure he brings Dokpesi down by all mean. Dokpesi should just have acted like Momoh of Channels. He chose to be Partisan and this is the result. More awaits him after the swearing in.

The gulf between John Momoh of ChannelsTV and Raymond Dokpesi of AIT is wider than the Pacific ocean. It's like comparing a professor in the University to a motor park tout in Ekiti state in the area of intelligence.

4 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by gbrown(m): 7:01pm On May 26, 2015
ijustdey:
The case begins tomorro and let see how AIT will come out clean and prove their case to logical conclusion because they just mess up with the wrong person
i think dokpesi the pdp kingpin should learn not to mix politics with his private media outfit, i was not happy over the hate campaign of AIT prior to the elections, dokpesi should have known better, dokpesi should take a cue from john momoh of channel, it,s not all news item you air
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Jaabioro(m): 7:02pm On May 26, 2015
Can a cooperatn like AIT been working and airing a message to both home and abroad,mean Tinubu is nt constesting for any postn durin d last electn.,l woukd rather call them a cooperate fool..,wt charge and bail lawyer..technically they pulling more trouble to home..watching it live wt my nokia 3310,
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by sophy17(m): 7:02pm On May 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

How will Tinubu win this court case? It will take Tinubu a million years to disprove all the contents of the documentary hence this will take Judiciary 50 years to settle in Supreme Court.

Moreover, AIT is not a person rather a media outfit hence ..... from their initial defense, these knowledge has been out there at public domain without any refutation or denial by the accused until the documentary was compiled.

I'm responding to your post because of your statement that some people's line of reasoning makes you vomit.
It doesn't take fifty years to prove a case of libel. All his lawyers need to do is establish the elements of libel. AIT is a juristic personality in law.Investigative journalism of rumours in public domain is way different from airing sponsored hate campaign. It would have been different if AIT reached out to him to state his own side.

2 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 26, 2015
Tinubu may end up wrapping himself in a web of which he wont be able to come out unscathed...this case just might bring up the corruption practices carried out by jagaban to open light hence exposing the thief tinubu is...

Tinubu you had better abandon this case before you get into trouble oo... grin

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by kings09(m): 7:06pm On May 26, 2015
ellabooz:
No case brother, this just another avenue to invite EFCC to come alongside because I believe that all the said properties are owned by him.

Let the probe start .

If baba one chance keeps a blind eye to Tinubu greed and choose to come after perceived opponents, it will lead to civil unrest.

I hard that bobo Chicago has unanswered drug case. Kashamu is not going down alone.

I will write to American drug agency tonight.
#Justice4all
Which civil unrest? U talk as if other ppl wr created 2 cause civil unrest @ d slightest provoction. If AIT or Pdp actually had a sure case against tinubu, y not tk him 2 Efcc abi media house don turn court room?

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by ijustdey: 7:10pm On May 26, 2015
gbrown:

i think dokpesi the pdp kingpin should learn not to mix politics with his private media outfit, i was not happy over the hate campaign of AIT prior to the elections, dokpesi should have known better, dokpesi should take a cue from john momoh of channel, it,s not all news item you air

the free money he got from PDP did make him misbehave and he believes it will last a long time
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by timilehing(m): 7:14pm On May 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

What low-brain like you don't know is these; AIT will never win this case, that's why it was pushed this far before being addressed. And another thing is, even if Tinubu committed those crimes attributed to him, AIT is not in any position to broadcast such sardonic info

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Ilekeh(f): 7:14pm On May 26, 2015
150bn naira?

Meh I wan find someone to sue o
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Ilekeh(f): 7:15pm On May 26, 2015
IYANGBALI:
150 billion dollars? shocked omo Dokpesi half die. The case go sweet die,make I go shebuzor viewing centre to watch the case on 3D

Abi.

Why can't one politician just insult me on Facebook.....I go sue am die.
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by MKO4ever(m): 7:16pm On May 26, 2015
Thank God PDP did not win this election ooo. cases like this will die a natural death
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by NewNigeriaMind: 7:26pm On May 26, 2015
I am to see this day.

AIT IS IN SOUP.

IN LAW THERE IS WIDE MARGIN BETWEEN WHAT YOU KNOW AND WHAT YOU CAN PROVE.

AIT THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU TO BACK UP YOUR DOCUMENTARY AS FACTUAL

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by islandmoon: 7:53pm On May 26, 2015
ellabooz:
No case brother, this just another avenue to invite EFCC to come alongside because I believe that all the said properties are owned by him.

Let the probe start .

If baba one chance keeps a blind eye to Tinubu greed and choose to come after perceived opponents, it will lead to civil unrest.

I hard that bobo Chicago has unanswered drug case. Kashamu is not going down alone.

I will write to American drug agency tonight.
#Justice4all

ode! dont forget your bf is a yahoo yahoo man
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by 4four(m): 8:01pm On May 26, 2015
150 billion shocked shocked shocked if Tinubu win dis Case, Deer comm for sale b dat oooo
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by swezenberg(m): 8:01pm On May 26, 2015
philips70:

The gulf between John Momoh of ChannelsTV and Raymond Dokpesi of AIT is wider than the Pacific ocean. It's like comparing a professor in the University to a motor park tout in Ekiti state in the area of intelligence.

You just wrapped it up.
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by 83lagosroad(m): 8:03pm On May 26, 2015
RockMaxi:
Jagaban your head dey there, not like some mor on that will threaten with a court suit and later backtrack.

I am still waiting for that empty threat of Obanikoro's case with Sahara reporters. SMH, person wey no get liver. grin grin

Jagaban carry go..

Commending mediocrity by an infant mediocre. This country belongs to everyone. Today it was Jonathan time , tomorrow its buhari's time who know who will come next but surely nemesis will catch up him. Tell him to ask kashamu
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 26, 2015
philips70:

How does the AIT defense lack legal sense?
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by gbrown(m): 8:10pm On May 26, 2015
ijustdey:

the free money he got from PDP did make him misbehave and he believes it will last a long time
true talk bro, both print and electronic media should remain unbiased, dokpesi went too far, see how the table has turned
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 26, 2015
philips70:

Is this a fayose sub? Lol

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by agog: 8:16pm On May 26, 2015
Guy you badt gan. well nailed...
QuotaSystem:

Exactly. His defence is weak and frankly laughable. Imagine standing in court to say you broadcasted a defamatory documentary to millions around the world because 'the gist' has been around for 20 years. Around where? By whom?

*orders popcorn*

2 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by xage(m): 8:19pm On May 26, 2015
Here comes your obituary AIT, I don't expect to see such media with zero respect for ethics and professionalism remain in business after those gross misconduct on Tinubu and Buhari..

This should mark the end of a movie called AIT

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi / NNPC Considers Crude Importation From Chad, Niger Republic For Kaduna Refinery / Persecution Of Christians On The Rise, Says Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.