Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT (20972 Views)

Court Fines El-rufai N10,000 In Libel Suit Against Metuh / Court Strikes Out Buhari’s Suit Against AIT / GEJ Denies Being Probed for Alledged Links to the NDA. Threatens Libel Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by honeric01(m): 8:22pm On May 26, 2015
Ilekeh:

Abi.

Why can't one politician just insult me on Facebook.....I go sue am die.

The best joke for today.
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by olajide8(m): 8:34pm On May 26, 2015
Dollyak:
The last thing we want is to censor medias, so I am hoping he lose the case.

Theirs what they call responsible journalism* - the case has started and must end somewhere, but I am very sure -it would not end with smiles* the allegations are too weighty and the onus falls on the defendant, Daar communications and the formal chairman, to prove these allegations against tinubu- beyond reasonable doubt because - for any of the supposed facts to come out as false would mean, all the subjects are false* and with a person who is associated with presidents, internationally be them african or other wise* his person, is more valuable then N150b

3 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by pretty050(f): 8:42pm On May 26, 2015
philips70:

The defense AIT is putting against this case is very questionable and lack any legal sense. I wonder which lawyers wrote such defense on his behalf. Don't think they will come out unscathed.
thank you even as a chemist I see this, it's clearly not enough defense

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by wexyee: 8:46pm On May 26, 2015
soe:
unfortunatelyfor you..the onus lies on only AIT to PROVE their evidence. There is nothing for Tinubu to prove.

If u say I stole some money..i can't prove i didn't steal...but u have to prove that i stole..and that i have been officially found guilty of stealing before you went ahead to proclaim me a thief in public...otherwise..that ia defamation and libel and character assassination

AIT needs more than prayers
Chai..!!! Jagaban wicked ooooohh..150 billion this man clear ait out of naija oooo..
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by omenka(m): 8:55pm On May 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Some people with their line of reasoning makes one vomit.

How will Tinubu win this court case? It will take Tinubu a million years to disprove all the contents of the documentary hence this will take Judiciary 50 years to settle in Supreme Court.

Moreover, AIT is not a person rather a media outfit hence ..... from their initial defense, this knowledge has been out there at public domain without any refutation or denial by the accused until the documentary was compiled.
You make me laugh. Tinubu doesn't have to prove anything, rather the onus is on AIT to prove the libellous contents of the documentaries beyond reasonable doubt, they have to do that with documentary evidence. Now ask yourself, where are they gonna find those documents

I pity AIT. They are finished.

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by sochima1989(m): 8:59pm On May 26, 2015
I remembered one night I was listening to elder dokpesi, I mentioned this: "if elder result into lying what should youths do; flogging them in public" I guess we did that @ d polls but e be like say e never finish. Dokpesi that night said he discussed with Tinubu and ended such friendly discussion with this saying: "I spoke with him and as friends He didn't argue about the content of the documentary but rather that some figures were mis quoted". AIT also lead to the easy defeat of PDP. I go miss those pretty girls oh
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by hary4luv(m): 9:06pm On May 26, 2015
ijustdey:
The case begins tomorro and let see how AIT will come out clean and prove their case to logical conclusion because they just mess up with the wrong person

Just wait and see what would happen. AIT will surely come out unscathed.
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by koladebrainiac(m): 9:25pm On May 26, 2015
otr1:

I hope Dokpesi and AIT are ready to produce evidences confirming the contents of the documentary as facts and not just [s]facts which had been in the public domain[/s] rumours from TANoids? If not, na to start looking for N150 billion remain o.
so because its in the public domain its now a fact? AIT go be like oro ti ologbon ba so,enu ashiwere ni ati ngbo.... So because we have all heard that India beat nigeria 99-1 during our growing up-its now a fact? Dokpesi-you need good SAN to help u out sir. Lmaooo
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 26, 2015
Let's see how far this thing goes...
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 26, 2015
You have missed it. The onus of proof is on AIT, they need to find factual evidence that what they said about Tinubu is true.

Look at it this way; if you publish on your website that Mr John is an armed robber, if Mr John sues you for Libel, you are the one that has to show evidence that Mr John is an armed robber...

Mr John does not have to prove that he is not an armed robber... It is your lawyers that would be doing all the work (investigations).

Just because everybody in the neighbourhood says Mr John is an armed robber does not make it right in the eyes of the law.

IsraeliAIRFORCE:

How will Tinubu win this court case? It will take Tinubu a million years to disprove all the contents of the documentary hence this will take Judiciary 50 years to settle in Supreme Court.

Moreover, AIT is not a person rather a media outfit hence ..... from their initial defense, this knowledge has been out there at public domain without any refutation or denial by the accused until the documentary was compiled.

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by scantee(m): 10:02pm On May 26, 2015
Tinibu is just wasting his time/money he will be more exposed in d cuz of this. He better withdraw the case before he will be disgraced.
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Kolade354(m): 10:37pm On May 26, 2015
ellabooz:
No case Father.

Let the probe of My Father Start.

If My Fatherkeeps a blind eye to Tinubu greed and choose to come after perceived opponents, it will lead to civil unrest.

I heard that My Father

I will write to American drug agency To prosecute my useless father.
#Justice4all
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Lerumo: 10:50pm On May 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Burden of proof is on AIT not Tinunbu.
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 26, 2015
AIT is in trouble again nobody to bail him out dis time... The memory of the scammed shares he sold then is still fresh and nobody seems to say anytin about it. Babangida wont come to ur aid this time cos he has issues to contend with too
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:01pm On May 26, 2015
akins56:
AIT is going down so fast! Owing their staffs 8 months salary is cruel, sowi,, it is just evil!
How u take knw they re owning salary?
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:04pm On May 26, 2015
Ait is done 4. They re nothing but a useless station using gutter journalism 2 stay afloat. shiooor
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:08pm On May 26, 2015
ellabooz:
No case brother, this just another avenue to invite EFCC to come alongside because I believe that all the said properties are owned by him.

Let the probe start .

If baba one chance keeps a blind eye to Tinubu greed and choose to come after perceived opponents, it will lead to civil unrest.

I hard that bobo Chicago has unanswered drug case. Kashamu is not going down alone.

I will write to American drug agency tonight.
#Justice4all
Where is ur commonsense now? Who go protest with u? Mumulicious mumu
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by nochio(m): 11:12pm On May 26, 2015
Whatever, who owns the lagos courts.
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by ossy4rill: 11:20pm On May 26, 2015
RockMaxi:
Jagaban your head dey there, not like some mor on that will threaten with a court suit and later backtrack.

I am still waiting for that empty threat of Obanikoro's case with Sahara reporters. SMH, person wey no get liver. grin grin

Jagaban carry go..

SaharaReporters is a ghost they are faceless that's why they couldn't be sued. Fabricating stories, They are just as hopeless as you sitting at the back of your computer posting rubbish
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 26, 2015
scantee:
Tinibu is just wasting his time/money he will be more exposed in d cuz of this. He better withdraw the case before he will be disgraced.

On which of the allegations will he be exposed?

AIT says he owns hotels, shopping malls and other properties. Does AIT have the C of O to show this?

AIT went too far by omitting to put 'alledged' before mentioning some serious crimes against Tinubu.

AIT is d one sweating o.

Next time dem no go mix politics with business.

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:00am On May 27, 2015
Tinubu will take over AIT via proxy ownership eventually...
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by ijustdey: 12:13am On May 27, 2015
hary4luv:

Just wait and see what would happen. AIT will surely come out unscathed.

someone who is still owing his workers

the guy hasn't experience being broke during those era where he was asking for liquidation..... now he is going to experience it because he fails to pay them their wages after all the money he earn with his romance with PDP
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by socialmediaman: 5:02am On May 27, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

The documentaries did not quote any source, they quoted those allegations as facts. When you say "rumor has it that" that's different from "he did this or that"
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by silvernus0: 7:27am On May 27, 2015
pharmadoctor:
AIT IS EVERYTHING A BAD MEDIA HOUSE LOOKS LIKE
THEY ONLY QUOTED EXISTN FACT, TINUBU CNT WINS THIS,
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by BlackHuman(m): 8:19am On May 27, 2015
Do people still watch AIT?...i can't remember when last time I watched AIT.
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by fleezytran(m): 9:21am On May 27, 2015
gregg2:
[size=13pt]Tinubu is a common thief.
All that was aired in that video was already common knowledge
[/size]

You can as well volunteer to testify na...mtshewww
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by fleezytran(m): 9:32am On May 27, 2015
ossy4rill:

SaharaReporters is a ghost they are faceless that's why they couldn't be sued. Fabricating stories, They are just as hopeless as you sitting at the back of your computer posting rubbish

SMH at your reasoning mehn! SaharaReporters faceless kwa!
Re: Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT by Streetpope(m): 11:59am On May 27, 2015
illiteracy has destroyed the sense of reasoning of most Nigerians... Media right at work here, at least the information aired was fatual

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Leaves For S-africa Today To Discuss With China’s President / Aregbesola Holds Meeting With Farmers In The Bush / Buhari Moves To Prevent National Assembly Hijack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.