Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

WHY Religion Is Clueless - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WHY Religion Is Clueless (9938 Views)

Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / Why Religion Is Clueless ( Section 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by Naital(m): 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
ayoku777:

Please show me a scripture that says only bodies have those parts; or that souls and spirits don't have hands and eyes and tongues like our bodies.

Is God not a spirit? [size=13pt]Does God not have eyes and hands, and mouth? Are angels not spirits? Do angels not have eyes, hands, mouth etc?[/size]

Please show me a scripture that portends that only our bodies have those parts and not our spirits and souls. Then you would have made sense. For now I've not seen any bomb.

lol.

@bold. According to your assertions, it would be safe to assume that these angels (& possibly God too) have body parts ....like... hmmm...hmmmm. undecided

I suggest you remove "etc" from your post, cos you are triggering some funny imaginations. Let's limit the body parts to hands, mouths, legs and... I guess they have heads too. wink

1 Like

Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by johnydon22(m): 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2015
ayoku777:

Is God not a spirit? Does God not have eyes and hands, and mouth? Are angels not spirits? Do angels not have eyes, hands, mouth etc?

Uuhm so God has hands, nose, eyes, mouth, legs, stomach?
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by ayoku777(m): 9:14pm On Jun 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Uuhm so God has hands, nose, eyes, mouth, legs, stomach?

Yes, He has them. Scripture says He does.

1. He has eyes

2Chronicles 16v9 -For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him.

2. He has ears

Numbers 14v28 -Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the Lord, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you:

3. He has hands

Ezekiel 3v22 -And the hand of the Lord was there upon me; and He said unto me, Arise, go forth into the plain, and I will talk with thee.

4. He has fingers

Luke 11v20 -But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

5. He has a heart

Genesis 8v21 -And the Lord smelled a sweet savour, and the Lord said in His heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake;

6. He has a mouth

Isaiah 40v5 -And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, an all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

7. He has feet

Ezekiel 43v7 -And He said unto me, Son of man, Behold the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the modst of the children of Israel for ever,

8. He has a head and has hair

Daniel 7v9 -...and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame,

9. He can smell. So I guess that means He has a nose.

Genesis 8v21 -And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in His heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake;

These are just some of the parts scriptures assigned to God in describing His form. I'm sure there are more.

Others include, He has a sense of humour and can laugh;

Psalm 37v13 - The Lord shall laugh at him: for He seeth that his day is coming.

Psalm 2v4 -He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

He can also get angry; can be hurt and can be compassionate.

He is all that and more. These are just the few I searched out.

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by johnydon22(m): 9:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
ayoku777:

1. He has eyes

2Chronicles 16v9 -For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him.

2. He has ears

Numbers 14v28 -Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the Lord, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you:

3. He has hands

Ezekiel 3v22 -And the hand of the Lord was there upon me; and He said unto me, Arise, go forth into the plain, and I will talk with thee.

4. He has fingers

Luke 11v20 -But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

5. He has a heart

Genesis 8v21 -And the Lord smelled a sweet savour, and the Lord said in His heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake;

6. He has a mouth

Isaiah 40v5 -And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, an all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

7. He has feet

Ezekiel 43v7 -And He said unto me, Son of man, Behold the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the modst of the children of Israel for ever,

Daniel 7v9 -...and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame,

Genesis 8v21 -And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in His heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake;

These are just some of the parts scriptures assigned to God in describing His form. I'm sure there are more.

Psalm 2v4 -He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Shalom

Thats basically a humanoid.... So it has a pen!s or vàgina then?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
ayoku777:

1. He has eyes

2. He has ears

3. He has hands

4. He has fingers

5. He has a heart

6. He has a mouth

7. He has feet

Shalom
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by CAPTIVATOR: 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ayoku777

Go to John 17v3 to see the definition of eternal life.
John 17v3 -And this is life eternal, that they might
know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom
thou hast sent.
Eternal life is not merely living forever; demons will
live forever in the lake of fire.
According to Jesus, eternal life is the knowledge of
the Father and the Son. The knowledge that makes us
one in them. Like when Adam "knew" his wife, Eve.
This life was never automatically a part of us, we
Receive it only after receiving Christ through faith.
1John 5v10 -And this is the record, that God hath
given to us eternal life,
and this life is in His Son.
This life is only in Jesus, and only those in Jesus
have it. It is the life of the true knowledge of the
Father and the Son, that makes us one in them.
Eternal is not just living forever.
Scriptural perversion at its peak .

There are two options : gain eternal life or be destroyed ( john 3:16)

The greek word "aionios" translated eternal means " not ending, for a long time " check strongs concordance.

The greek word "apollumi" translated perish/destroy in john 3:16 means " to bring to ruin, to destroy utterly "

In john 17:3 , Jesus was stating the criteria for getting eternal life and thus avoid utterly destruction which is cutting off from life.

'eternal life is a HOPE' Titus 1:2

It wasn't God speaking to Saul, it was Samuel
speaking to Saul. A medium conjured up the spirit of
Samuel with the power of the devil.

Just listen to yourself .

There was no false prediction. According to the
scriptures; it was the philistines that killed Saul.
2Samuel 21v12 -And David went and took the bones
of Saul and the bones of Jonathan his son from the
men of Jabesh-gilead, which had stolen them from the
Street of Beth-shan, where the Philistines hand hanged
them,
when the Philistines had slained Saul in Gilboa:
So whether Saul fell on his own sword or not,
according to the bible it was the philistines that killed
Saul.
So according to the bible, what Samuel told Saul
happened. There was no false prediction.
That was simply because he died in a conflict with the philistines . BUT we know Saul actually fell upon his Own Sword 1sam 31:1-7

What Saul consult is a familar spirit. demon

King James Bible
Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek
me a woman that hath a familiar spirit ,
That I may go to her, and inquire of her.
And his servants said to him, Behold,
There is a woman that hath a familiar
Spirit
at Endor.

1 Chronicles 10:13-14 (NKJV)
So Saul died for his unfaithfulness which he
had committed against the LORD, because he
did not keep the word of the LORD, and also
because he consulted a medium for guidance.
But he did not inquire of the LORD
; therefore
He killed him, and turned the kingdom over to
David the son of Jesse.
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by CAPTIVATOR: 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ayoku777

Go to John 17v3 to see the definition of eternal life.
John 17v3 -And this is life eternal, that they might
know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom
thou hast sent.
Eternal life is not merely living forever; demons will
live forever in the lake of fire.
According to Jesus, eternal life is the knowledge of
the Father and the Son. The knowledge that makes us
one in them. Like when Adam "knew" his wife, Eve.
This life was never automatically a part of us, we
Receive it only after receiving Christ through faith.
1John 5v10 -And this is the record, that God hath
given to us eternal life,
and this life is in His Son.
This life is only in Jesus, and only those in Jesus
have it. It is the life of the true knowledge of the
Father and the Son, that makes us one in them.
Eternal is not just living forever.
Scriptural perversion at its peak .

There are two options : gain eternal life or be destroyed ( john 3:16)

The greek word "aionios" translated eternal means " not ending, for a long time " check strongs concordance.

The greek word "apollumi" translated perish/destroy in john 3:16 means " to bring to ruin, to destroy utterly "

In john 17:3 , Jesus was stating the criteria for getting eternal life and thus avoid utterly destruction which is cutting off from life.

" Eternal life is a HOPE" Titus 1:2

It wasn't God speaking to Saul, it was Samuel
speaking to Saul. A medium conjured up the spirit of
Samuel with the power of the devil.

Just listen to yourself .

There was no false prediction. According to the
scriptures; it was the philistines that killed Saul.
2Samuel 21v12 -And David went and took the bones
of Saul and the bones of Jonathan his son from the
men of Jabesh-gilead, which had stolen them from the
Street of Beth-shan, where the Philistines hand hanged
them,
when the Philistines had slained Saul in Gilboa:
So whether Saul fell on his own sword or not,
according to the bible it was the philistines that killed
Saul.
So according to the bible, what Samuel told Saul
happened. There was no false prediction.
That was simply because he died in a conflict with the philistines . BUT we know Saul actually fell upon his Own Sword 1sam 31:1-7

King James Bible
me a woman that hath a familiar spirit ,
That I may go to her, and inquire of her.
And his servants said to him, Behold,
There is a woman that hath a familiar
Spirit
at Endor.

1 Chronicles 10:13-14 (NKJV)
So Saul died for his unfaithfulness which he
had committed against the LORD, because he
did not keep the word of the LORD, and also
; therefore
He killed him, and turned the kingdom over to
David the son of Jesse.
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by CAPTIVATOR: 10:16pm On Jun 02, 2015
ayoku777

Did the Spirit of Jesus also cease to exist, during the
three days He was dead and buried? Or it was alive
and active?
That would answer your question on whether the soul
and spirits of the dead cease to exist once the body
is dead and buried.

No wonder , this is how you people turn christianity to mockery

Let me ask you: Did Jesus Die OR its only his flesh dat die while he himself neva dies ?

Which do you believe
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 02, 2015
An2elect2:
This is stupi.d. Any one can just wake up from their frustration to make fun of their God? You don't pick one passage you don't understand to invalidate others.

Once again, this is stupi.d.

what god?
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by UyiIredia(m): 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2015
onetrack:
Pick one of these reasons:
--it's a parable --you don't have enough religious instruction to understand it --you need the Holy Spirit to understand it --the Lord moves in mysterious ways --'body' doesn't actually mean 'body' --you need to ask a pa$tor --how dare you try to read the Bible for yourself --why are you trying to mock Christianity? --I'm offended --this is stupi.d
Why u answer the babe, the girl (plus u) na MUGU.
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by johnw74: 12:22am On Jun 03, 2015
In this thread there are two sides
a couple of Christians, and unbelievers
jw comes here, and what does jw do?
jw argues with Christian
showing yet once again which side jw belongs to
the side of unbelievers.
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by johnw74: 12:26am On Jun 03, 2015
Naital:

lol.

@bold. According to your assertions, it would be safe to assume that these angels (& possibly God too) have body parts ....like... hmmm...hmmmm. undecided

I suggest you remove "etc" from your post, cos you are triggering some funny imaginations. Let's limit the body parts to hands, mouths, legs and... I guess they have heads too. wink

Hard to see how that quote is funny
but some here agree with you
perverted minds imagine other things.
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by johnw74: 12:30am On Jun 03, 2015
The Angel of the Lord, who is Spirit by the way, is a handsome dude.

Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by johnw74: 12:53am On Jun 03, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

No wonder , this is how you people turn christianity to mockery

You are not a christian, jw keep fooling yourself

you join MizJanet, Naital, johnydon22 and other unbelievers here in trying to put down a Christian.

and you fail miserably as the other unbelievers do.
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by ayoku777(m): 5:32am On Jun 03, 2015
This is what gets me tired of contributing to a thread. When I see adamant refusal to agree with the scriptures; just because it will crumble your doctrinal opinion.

CAPTIVATOR:
Scriptural perversion at its peak.

There are two options: gain eternal life or be destroyed (john 3:16)

The greek word "aionios" translated eternal means" not ending, for a long time " check strongs concordance.

"Eternal life is a HOPE" Titus 1:2

I'm giving you the definition Jesus gave eternal life; you're trying to over-ride it with the definition from concordance.

Yet you claim I'm the one perverting the scriptures.

Jesus said "This is life eternal" not "This is the way to life eternal"

Yet you claim Jesus was only stating the criteria for getting eternal life not defining eternal life.

How far will all this gainsaying and scriptural twisting go?

Jesus said;

John 17v3 -And THIS IS LIFE ETERNAL, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus said eternal life is the knowledge of the Father and the Son. And it comes with receiving Christ through faith.

And secondly, if eternal life is only a future hope, as you said; something we don't have yet. Why will the scriptures say this?

1John 5v13 -These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that YE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.

See that? Ye have eternal life, not ye shall have eternal life. We have it already (present continuous).

Please, I choose to go with Christ's definition of eternal life. Concordance are good and helpul, I use them too, but they are not infallible. Only the scriptures cannot be broken.

CAPTIVATOR:
That was simply because he died in a conflict with the philistines . BUT we know Saul actually fell upon his Own Sword 1sam 31:1-7.

The bible declared clearly that it was the Philistines that killed Saul

2Samuel 21v12 -...when the Philistines had hanged them, when the Philistines had slained Saul in Gilboa:

You say "That was simply because he died in a conflict with the philistines."

I'm sorry, but I can't take your word over the word of scriptures. The scriptures says the Philistines killed him -I go with that.

CAPTIVATOR:

King James Bible
me a woman that hath a familiar spirit , That I may go to her, and inquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar Spirit at Endor.

1Chronicles 10:13-14 (NKJV)
So Saul died for his unfaithfulness which he had committed against the LORD, because he did not keep the word of the LORD, and also

; therefore He killed him, and turned the kingdom over to David the son of Jesse.

Saul consulted a woman that had a familiar spirit. That's what scripture said.

It was the woman that was possessed with a familiar spirit. It was not the spirit she conjured up that was a familiar spirit.

The bible declared clearly again and again that that was Samuel.

1Samuel 28v12 -And when the woman saw SAMUEL, she cried with a loud voice:

1Samuel 28v15 - And SAMUEL said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up?

1Samuel 28v16 - Then said SAMUEL, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me,

1Samuel 28v20 -Then Saul fell straightway all along on the earth, and was sore afraid, because of the words of SAMUEL:

Up to five times the scripture kept calling him "Samuel". Not a forgery of Samuel, Not a hologram of him, not a spirit pretending to be him; but him -SAMUEL.

If it wasn't Samuel, the bible will not say that it was Samuel.

I'm sorry, I can't take take your words over the scriptures. The bible said that was Samuel; and I believe the scriptures.

Honestly, I'm seriously tired of debating doctrine with gainsayers. People who will argue and adamantly disagree with what is clearly stated in scripture.

Such people are not after truth, they are after having their opinion planted at all cost. They so babdly want to hold to their doctrinal bias, that they will lock-horns with scripture if need be.

Jesus said this is eternal life, you said that is not eternal life.

Scripture says the philistine killed Saul, you said no, he committed suicide. You think the bible doesn't know that?

If Saul fell on his own sword and the bible still said the philistine killed him, then it means in the eye of the scriptures, it was still the philistines that killed him.

Scripture stated clearly that was Samuel, you say no that was a familiar spirit.

So now you know more than the scriptures? So the bible didn't know it was not Samuel? Or it knew but wanted to keep us thinking it was Samuel?

Wow, just Wow.

There is nothing as bad as adding arrogance to ignorance. Its the worst form of self-delusion.

Bye for now.
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by CAPTIVATOR: 6:59am On Jun 03, 2015
@ ayoku777

- #smiles# dont dodge , YOU and I know that the word everlasting life denotes livin forever.

" the righteous shall possess the earth and they shall LIVE FOREVER ON IT" Psalm 37:29.

Thats why the bible call it a " Hope" Titus 1:2 , because for now, our lives is short (job 14:1)

" man , born of woman is SHORT - LIVED".

Yuo know this so well, but you misundertand Jesus statement in john17:3 as definition , whereas Jesus has earlier in his discussion with a man in luke 10:25-28 said " if you keep doing this , you will get life". Its somrthing to be get when we keep doing Gods will, its a gift from God . EVEN those whom Jesus is teachin knew its something to " inherited" luke 10:35
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by CAPTIVATOR: 7:42am On Jun 03, 2015
WAS IT SAMUEL? .

@ ayoku777

In 1sam 25:1 we are told that samuel is DEAD and had been buried .

But before narating saul's ordeal with a spirit medium, we are told for the second time.

1sam 28:3 " NOW samuel had died, and all isreal had mourned him and had buried him (samuel) in ramah" .

This clears all doubt , and re inforce the fact that the real Samuel , the mouth pieice of God had died . " and as for the dead , they know nothing at all" ecc 9:5

" for there is no knowledge nor wisodom in sheo'l" ecc 9:10.

Clearly, what appears to saul with high knowledge about saul is clearly not samuel but a demon with a spirit of prediction (act 16:16) , interestingly saul himself didnt see, rather he only presume what appear to be samuel from description.

SAUL'S DEATH

A scripture said " when the philistines slain saul at Giboa" how ? Of course he was severely wounded by the philistines . 1sam 31:3

BIBLICAL INDEPTH ANALYSIS

" SAUL killed himself to avoid the philistines wrath " 1sam 31:4
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by ayoku777(m): 8:02am On Jun 03, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:
WAS IT SAMUEL? .

In 1sam 25:1 we are told that samuel is DEAD and had been buried .

But before narating saul's ordeal with a spirit medium, we are told for the second time.

1sam 28:3 " NOW samuel had died, and all isreal had mourned him and had buried him (samuel) in ramah" .

This clears all doubt , and re inforce the fact that the real Samuel , the mouth pieice of God had died . " and as for the dead , they know nothing at all" ecc 9:5

" for there is no knowledge nor wisodom in sheo'l" ecc 9:10.

Clearly, what appears to saul with high knowledge about saul is clearly not samuel but a demon with a spirit of prediction (act 16:16) , interestingly saul himself didnt see, rather he only presume what appear to be samuel from description.

Is it Samuel? What do you think? Who did the bible say it was?

The young girl with the spirit of divination that was following after the apostles. Did the bible say about her, "And "Moses or James" said, These men are the servants of the most high God"?

The bible will not call a spirit of divination by another name or call a familiar spirit Samuel. If it was not Samuel, the bible won't say it was.

Scriptures can be ambiguous with the truth. But the scriptures will never be specific with what is not true. Coz that would be a lie.

Scripture specifically called that person Samuel. Because that was Samuel.

That was the spirit of Samuel. Samuel was dead and buried in flesh, but his soul was alive and conscious in sheol

This stubborn refusal to agree that "death is not the cessation of existence" is really getting ridiculous.

1Peter 4v6 -For this cause was the gospel preached also to them THAT ARE DEAD, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

If there is no consciousness of the human spirit after death, how can Jesus preach to them that are dead?

If their souls and spirit didn't stay alive, animate and conscious after death; how could they listen to, understand and respond to the gospel?

How was the gospel preached to those that are dead by Jesus if the spirit of the dead ceases to exist after death?

This attitude of adamant refusal is really ridiculous. Souls and spirits stay alive in sheol or heaven after death.

Hmmm
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by CAPTIVATOR: 8:46am On Jun 03, 2015
ayoku777:

Is it Samuel? What do you think? Who did the bible say it was?

The young girl with the spirit of divination that was following after the apostles. Did the bible say about her, "And "Moses or James" said, These men are the servants of the most high God"?

The bible will not call a spirit of divination by another name or call a familiar spirit Samuel. If it was not Samuel, the bible won't say it was.

Scriptures can be ambiguous with the truth. But the scriptures will never be specific with what is not true. Coz that would be a lie.

Scripture specifically called that person Samuel. Because that was Samuel.

That was the spirit of Samuel. Samuel was dead and buried in flesh, but his soul was alive and conscious in sheol

This stubborn refusal to agree that "death is not the cessation of existence" is really getting ridiculous.

1Peter 4v6 -For this cause was the gospel preached also to them THAT ARE DEAD, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

If there is no consciousness of the human spirit after death, how can Jesus preach to them that are dead?

If their souls and spirit didn't stay alive, animate and conscious after death; how could they listen to, understand and respond to the gospel?

How was the gospel preached to those that are dead by Jesus if the spirit of the dead ceases to exist after death?

This attitude of adamant refusal is really ridiculous. Souls and spirits stay alive in sheol or heaven after death.

Hmmm

1pet 4:6— Who were “the dead” to whom “the good news was
Declared”? These were ones who were ‘dead in their
trespasses and sins,’
or who were spiritually dead,
before they heard the good news. (
Eph. 2:1) After putting
faith in the good news, though, they began to “live”
spiritually.

Even here , the meaning of death is clear , after hearin the good news they cease the former way of life listed in verse 2 and 3 of 1peter chapter 4
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by MizJanet(f): 8:57am On Jun 03, 2015
this is serious , how i wish these religious folks could honestly answer this question and stop brushing it aside .

What is soul? They say its the real you

What is body ? They say na just one container, meaning its useless

Okay, when Jesus Die , Did the real person called Jesus died or its just his useless container that died ?

2 Likes

Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by ayoku777(m): 9:03am On Jun 03, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

1pet 4:6— Who were “the dead” to whom “the good news was
Declared”? These were ones who were ‘dead in their
trespasses and sins,’
or who were spiritually dead,
before they heard the good news. (
Eph. 2:1) After putting
faith in the good news, though, they began to “live”
spiritually.

Even here , the meaning of death is clear , after hearin the good news they cease the former way of life listed in verse 2 and 3 of 1peter chapter 4

Lol.

You know why I'm laughing. The person beside me as I was writing my previous post actually said "just wait and see, he will tell you that it is symbolic death, not literal death".

And he was right.

I guess the death of Samuel must have been symbolic too, for him to still be able to speak after death. Since the bible kept saying, "And Samuel said".

Anyway, its ok.

Shalom
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by danbrowndmf(m): 9:14am On Jun 03, 2015
An2elect2:
This is stupi.d. Any one can just wake up from their frustration to make fun of their God? You don't pick one passage you don't understand to invalidate others.

Once again, this is stupi.d.
Lngst time,where have u been.cheesy?
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by An2elect2(f): 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Lngst time,where have u been.cheesy?

cheesy Howdy? I have to be scarce here in the next 12 months if nothing otherwise happens, have a lot to trash.
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by danbrowndmf(m): 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
An2elect2:

cheesy Howdy? I have to be scarce here in the next 12 months if nothing otherwise happens, have a lot to trash.
if nothing otherwise happens? Like what?

Been trying to reach u,4gt ur Moniker,My bad.sad
will appriciate if i can reach u off NL.cheesy
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by onetrack(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
UyiIredia:

Why u answer the babe, the girl (plus u) na MUGU.

You have brought a devastating argument I can't refute. I guess I'll become a theist. smiley
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by onetrack(m): 9:06pm On Jun 03, 2015
MizJanet:

Okay, when Jesus Die , Did the real person called Jesus died or its just his useless container that died ?

Christians started arguing about that very issue within two hundred years of his death. People actually were killed over this in the 4th and 5th centuries.
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by johnw74: 2:29am On Jun 04, 2015
Concerning 1Pe 4:6

1Pe 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

The preceeding verse:
1Pe 4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

2Ti_4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Joh 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

1 Like

Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by MizJanet(f): 4:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
See contradiction, one bible say saul slain himself , another say na philistines slain am . Na wa o . cheesy
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by CAPTIVATOR: 5:12pm On Jun 05, 2015
MizJanet:
See contradiction, one bible say saul slain himself , another say na philistines slain am . Na wa o . cheesy

Miss ... There is no contradiction, the truth is that 3 persons are connected with saul's death

- Saul himself , ( he deliberately killed himself to avoid fallin into the hands of the philistines as foretold . Destroying the spiritmedium prophecy (1sam 31:4)

- the philistines slain saul , pls this is not a contradiction, they actuall slain him BUT THAT WAS AFTER HE HAD DIED . Here is the report

" the next day, when the philistines came to strip the slain, they found SAUL and his three sons fallen on mount Giboa, so they cut off his head ." 1sam 31: 8,9 thats it . They did but that was after he had slain himself .

- an Amalekite man also claimed to kill saul , though this was claerly a lie ( 2sam 1:3-16)
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
onetrack:
Pick one of these reasons:
--it's a parable --you don't have enough religious instruction to understand it --you need the Holy Spirit to understand it --the Lord moves in mysterious ways --'body' doesn't actually mean 'body' --you need to ask a pa$tor --how dare you try to read the Bible for yourself --why are you trying to mock Christianity? --I'm offended --this is stupi.d
foolllllll

1 Like

Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by ayoku777(m): 5:38am On Jun 06, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Miss ... There is no contradiction, the truth is that 3 persons are connected with saul's death

- Saul himself , ( he deliberately killed himself to avoid fallin into the hands of the philistines as foretold . Destroying the spiritmedium prophecy (1sam 31:4)

- the philistines slain saul , pls this is not a contradiction, they actuall slain him BUT THAT WAS AFTER HE HAD DIED . Here is the report

" the next day, when the philistines came to strip the slain, they found SAUL and his three sons fallen on mount Giboa, so they cut off his head ." 1sam 31: 8,9 thats it . They did but that was after he had slain himself .

- an Amalekite man also claimed to kill saul , though this was claerly a lie ( 2sam 1:3-16)

You know, on a second reading of that verse; I saw that Samuel didn't even say the Philistines would kill Saul. Samuel said Saul would be delivered into the hands of the Philistines.

You lied that Samuel said the Philistines would kill Saul; which he didn't say. Then you said the Philistines didn't kill Saul, meaning what Samuel said didn't happen, when he didn't even say that.

Everything Samuel said came to pass.

These are what Samuel said:

1. He said God will deliver Israel into the hands of the Philistines.

1Samuel 28v19 -Moreover the Lord will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the philistines:

Was Israel delivered into the hands of the Philistines? YES

1Samuel 31v7 -And when the men of Israel that were on the other side of the valley, and they that were on the other side Jordan, saw that the men of Israel fled, and that Saul and his sons were dead, they forsook the cities, and fled; and the Philistines came and dwelt in them.

God delivered Israel into the hands of the Philistines as Samuel said.

2. He said God will deliver Saul into the hands of the Philistines.

1Samuel 28v19 -Moreover the Lord will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the philistines:

Was Saul delivered into the hands of the Philistines? YES.

1Samuel 31v9-10 - And they cut off his (Saul's) head, and stripped off his armour, and sent (them) into the land of the Philistines round about, to publish it in the house of their idols, and among the people.

And they put his armour in the house of Ashtaroth: and they fastened his body to the wall of Beth-shan.

Was Saul delivered into the hands of the Philistines? This verses admits so.

You lied that Samuel said Saul would be killed by the Philistines. He didn't say so; he said Saul would be delivered into the hands of the Philistines. And he was.

Saul was delivered into the hands of the Philistines as Samuel said.

3. He said that Saul and his sons would all die together the next day and be with him in sheol.

1Samuel 28v19 -...and tomorrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me:

Did Saul and his sons all die that next day? YES.

1Samuel 31v6 - So Saul died, and his three sons, and his armourbearer, and all his men, that same day together.

Saul and his sons died that same day together, as Samuel said.

4. He said God will deliver the host (armies) of Israel into the hands of the Philistines.

1Samuel 28v19 -...the Lord also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines.

Was the armies of Israel delivered as well into the hands of the philistines? YES.

1Samuel 31v1 -Now the Philistines fought against Israel: and the men of Israel fled from before the Philistines, and fell down slain in mount Gilboa.

1Samuel 31v6 -So Saul died, and his three sons, and his armourbearer, and all his men, that same day.

The armies of Israel were delivered into the hands of the Philistines as Samuel said.

Everything Samuel predicted came to pass.

Saul was delivered into the hands of the philistines as Samuel predicted. Whether Saul killed himself or not; he was delivered into the hands of the philistines. Which was exactly what Samuel predicted.

Shalom.
Re: WHY Religion Is Clueless by CAPTIVATOR: 10:01am On Jun 06, 2015
@ ayoku777

Wow ! See twisting , fall into the hands doesnt mean philistines will kill Saul .

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE GIVEN INTO THE HANDS OF ANOTHER:

" Siserah will fall into the hand of a woman" 1sam 4:9 simply means a woman will KILL HIM DEAD ( 1SAM 4:21)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late / The Ten Commandments In The New Testament / Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.