Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Genuine Confession For Forgiveness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Genuine Confession For Forgiveness (444 Views)

Genuine Confession For Forgiveness / Power Of Confession For Dominion / Divine Health Realities-daily Confession For Feb. 17th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Genuine Confession For Forgiveness by FreshGreen: 11:58am On May 27, 2015
GENUINE CONFESSION FOR FORGIVENESS

Either you are a sinner or saint, the purpose of confessing is to receive mercy; mercy for forgiveness, mercy for grace to overcome the confessed sins. Without confession your sin cannot be forgiven and you can’t have a cleansed heart with new Spirit to overcome sins as the Bible says,” If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”1 John 1:9. So, confession of sin gives you Forgiveness of sin & Grace over sin.

But do you wonder why many made several confessions of sins and yet they still have guilt of those sins, and they still go back into such sins? Why their salvation is not certain as they keep going back into their sins? It’s simply because they didn’t make genuine confession. Genuine confession is not just using the name of the Jesus, not answering alter call and so on. Here are 3 attributes that guarantee genuine confession for forgiveness and grace:

(1) First Repent Before You Confess. There are many fake confessions, but if you sincerely want to make acceptable confession, you must first repent. No need for you to confess if there is no repentance in you. Repentance is thoughtful realization of your sins and determination to forsake them. If you confess without readiness to forsake the sins you confess, you are simply wasting your time, and the sins will soon get you down. To repent is not to be sorry for your sins, if you are sorry without readiness to forsake all, you will only have a sorry case.
Proverbs 28:13, " He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy."

(2) No Excuse, No difference. If truly you need God’s mercy to pardon your sins and give you grace to overcome them, then you need to face it by yourself. Don’t excuse sin because everybody is doing it - in your church (even your pastors, parents or partners), in your family, in your place of work, etc. Don’t says, “Does that means everybody doing it will go to hell fire?” Yes, everybody can go to hell and God will still be righteous. Jesus said instead of you to be thinking how many will be saved, YOU should strive to be saved. Don’t excuse sin because of its popularity, it’s personal - about you, face it. Sin is sin, either small or great, there is no difference, you just be sincere and confess it.

Psalm 51:3 For I acknowledge my transgressions, And my sin is always before me. 4 Against You, You only, have I sinned, And done this evil in Your sight

(3) No Cover-Up! There are some sins, that sometimes you may need to confess to one or two people after you have confessed to God. It may be to be your pastors, your parents or your partners. Don’t cover up and say, “I have confessed to God, He is the One I sinned against.” Confessing to other shows you are sincere and humble, or how sure are you that you would have confessed to God if God were physically present? You may not receive God’s mercy if you don’t confess to one another as the case may be; Bible says it, not me. James 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed.

You need the guidance of the Holy Spirit and godly counsel on what to confess to one another, but as the Spirit of God lays in your heart, meditate about it.

Are you ready to rededicate your life to Jesus now and start a new life? Then repent! Confess all your sins, ready to forsake them all and ask Jesus to forgive, cleanse you and save you. Please click on this link and read on how to be genuinely saved and start have new life in Jesus and pray as directed https://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-to-be-saved-and-start-a-new-life-in-Jesus/270674586372252

You can also contact us for prayer of salvation or rededciation, for biblical guidance and godly counsel, if you have issues, restitution to make, confession or burden in your mind and you need Biblical counseling and prayer without any church attachment.

Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, RTEM

Our Email: rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com

Our Tel: (+234) (0)803 924 9751, (0)705 937 3351, (0)802 578 7942.
Our website: www.rtemoutreach.org
Our Facebook page, you can like our page for daily article on your wall, please click on this link and "like", then click on the "liked" and add to "interest list" http://www.facebook.com/pages/Revelation-of-Truth-Evangelical-Ministries-RTEM/244086502364394

If you will like to be receiving our weekly articles by email, please, click on our website and subscribe for daily Christian articles www.rtemoutreach.org

If you want to read other Christian articles and Bible Studies on several other topics from this ministry, you can please click on this link and see several topics.
http://www./468590419840054/files/ You can join to receive new topics.
Re: Genuine Confession For Forgiveness by emmyileri(m): 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2021

(1) (Reply)

The Holy Spirit's True Identity / Why Do Most Male Hate Night Vigil? / Overcoming Spiritual Dryness In Our Daily Life With God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.