Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest (1967 Views)

Images From 2012 Fuel Subsidy Removal Protest Under Jonathan. / Tinubu To Jonathan In 2012: Subsidy Removal Will Bring Hardship On The People / 2012 Subsidy Protest: Read Text Of President Jonathan’s Broadcast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by likata: 2:28pm On May 27, 2015
1st of january 2012,the President announced the removal of subsidy,but it was met with a strong resistance from the so called masses with total short down of the economy for more than a week.with gathering which look like crusade in almost all our stadium.
7th of january of january,PGEJ still pleaded with Nigerians to see reasons with him while the subsidy he met on ground was total waste of our resources going into few hands but still it fell on deaf ears.but now of a sudden everyone is clamouring for subsidy removal as if a veil was removed from the eyes of the anti subsidy removal protesters.
Am just curious to know the brains(group) that deceived the whole masses against the removal of the subsidy back then cos no one even gave room to reasoning.

4 Likes

Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 27, 2015
likata:
1st of january 2012,the President announced the removal of subsidy,but it was met with a strong resistance from the so called masses with total short down of the economy for more than a week.with gathering which look like crusade in almost all our stadium.
7th of january of january,PGEJ still pleaded with Nigerians to see reasons with him while the subsidy he met on ground was total waste of our resources going into few hands but still it fell on deaf ears.but now of a sudden everyone is clamouring for subsidy removal as if a veil was removed from the eyes of the anti subsidy removal protesters.
Am just curious to know the brains(group) that deceived the whole masses against the removal of the subsidy back then cos no one even gave room to reasoning.

the economy did not shut down pls.

first find out who the major oil marketers are

http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2012/01/photos-nigerians-protests-fuel-hike.html

get more info here
Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by likata: 3:27pm On May 27, 2015
aguiyi:

the economy did not shut down pls.

first find out who the major oil marketers are

http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2012/01/photos-nigerians-protests-fuel-hike.html

get more info here
were you in this country then?what was the stands of NLC and TUC.Did civil servant go to their various work places?
Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by GUNZnROSES(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2015
GEJ will never be forgotten in the annals of Nigerian history. A man who rose to power through dark sentiment using the devious “I had no shoes” and “fresh air” mantra to insult the collective intelligence of the people . The common wealth of the people, the status of Nigeria in the international eye has plummeted to the lowest ebb you can ever think of. The economy has lost its trajectory. The middle class is dead and has been buried while investors and small business owners have all packed up their wares. Corruption is so inundated in this Jonathanian administration that those who fail to adore its toga are slandered and relegated (Sanusi comes to mind) from the political equation. This country has never been doomed to this extent. Critics might attack me for leaning to the extreme on the continuum but I would rather you call me a wimp than lavish in blind optimism.

1 Like

Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by Bayswater: 3:29pm On May 27, 2015
GUNZnROSES:
GEJ will never be forgotten in the annals of Nigerian history. A man who rose to power through dark sentiment using the devious “I had no shoes” and “fresh air” mantra to insult the collective intelligence of the people . The common wealth of the people, the status of Nigeria in the international eye has plummeted to the lowest ebb you can ever think of. The economy has lost its trajectory. The middle class is dead and has been buried while investors and small business owners have all packed up their wares. Corruption is so inundated in this Jonathanian administration that those who fail to adore its toga are slandered and relegated (Sanusi comes to mind) from the political equation. This country has never been doomed to this extent. Critics might attack me for leaning to the extreme on the continuum but I would rather you call me a wimp than lavish in blind optimism.

Are you on codeine? Why are you being incoherent?

2 Likes

Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by likata: 3:34pm On May 27, 2015
GUNZnROSES:
i guess you also protested againts the removal back then.so why cry corruption now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by GUNZnROSES(m): 3:37pm On May 27, 2015
Bayswater:

Are you on codeine? Why are you being incoherent?

What is incoherent about my submission? So many illiterate on this site.

1 Like

Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by Bayswater: 3:39pm On May 27, 2015
GUNZnROSES:

What is incoherent about my submission? So many illiterate on this site.

yes, many illiterate (sic) on here. 1 million illiterate grin

2 Likes

Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by RockMaxi: 3:41pm On May 27, 2015
likata:

@OP, you need to go back to school or at best return all expenses paid on you till you were able to put these sentences together as a post.
You have refused to read between the lines and reason beyond your sentiments for GEJ not to have known that subsidy was a fraud and to call for the removal without attendant provision was the greatest fraud. angry

1 Like

Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 27, 2015
likata:

were you in this country then?what was the stands of NLC and TUC.Did civil servant go to their various work places?

concentrate on the topic so the thread is not derailed.

am convinced the protest was sponsored in the section of the country by the oil marketers who are from that section.

go figure the rest yourself
Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by GUNZnROSES(m): 3:43pm On May 27, 2015
likata:

i guess you also protested agains the removal back then.so why cry corruption now?

It is dvmb of you to come to conclusion that i protested against subsidy removal when you don't know me. Jonathan's policies are as clueless as he is. Economic managers like me have always buttressed the fact that subsidy removal is not the solution to the logjams in the oil sector. A total overhauling of NNPC and other capitalist gang would be a good start.
Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 27, 2015
RockMaxi:

@OP, you need to go back to school or at best return all expenses paid on you till you were able to put these sentences together as a post.
You have refused to read between the lines and reason beyond your sentiments for GEJ not to have known that subsidy was a fraud and to call for the removal without attendant provision was the greatest fraud. angry

what provisions are you talking about pls and point me to the resources.
Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by omenka(m): 4:06pm On May 27, 2015
Op, this is what should bother you:

After all the Abracadabra fuel subsidy
committees, those of us who had patience to
read through all the reports got to know that the
number of fuel importers rose from 19 in 2009 to 140 in 2011.

Many fuel importers existed only
on paper and collected subsidies for fuel they
never imported or supplied. Thus, Nigeria's Fuel Importers were paid for 59 million litres per day, while the country's storage capacity and consumption was 35 litres per day. How did that
happen?

Chief Emeka Wogu was Minister of
Labour and Productivity in the same government as Okonjo-Iweala until October 2014 when he voluntarily resigned to contest for governorship of his State in Southeast.

In 2011, Chief Emeka Wogu collected the sum of N2.7 billion for fuel subsidy he claimed to have supplied through his Company, Pinnacle Contractors Limited.

In that Company, Emeka Wogu had 750, 000 shares, while Mrs Oyebabefe had 150, 000 shares and Mr Enyinnaya Wogu 100, 000 shares.

The vessel which Emeka Wogu claimed to have delivered imported fuel in Nigeria was no where to be found anywhere in the world much less
anchoring in Nigeria.

It was found that Pinnacle Contractors Limited was not registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), an absolute condition necessary to be fulfilled in order to qualify to import and supply fuel.

Pinnacle Contractors Limited was not registered
with CAC until Friday, 30 November 2012.

Similarly, the Minister of Aviation until October last year when she was eased out of the
government following the $ 1. 6 million
armoured cars scandal, Mrs Stella Ada-Eze Oduah, owned 1,999,000,000 shares out of N2 billion shares in the Company named Sea Petroleum and Gas (SPG). The remaining shares were shared between other Directors identified as Elisabeth Stewart, Josephine Oduah and Erotomi Buwa.

Stella Oduah's company was found to have fraudulently collected a total of N1, 019, 571, 609 (almost N1.02 billion) for fuel subsidy that was never supplied.

Patrick Ifeanyi Uba is a well known brain behind Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) who claimed to have secured 18 million
signatures across the six geo-political zones of
Nigeria endorsing President Jonathan's re-
election bid. But before that, 43 years old Patrick
Ifeanyi Uba from Umuanuka in Otolo, Nnewi,
has been the Managing Director and chief
Executive Officer of Capital Oil and Gas that
deals with importation, storage, distribution,
trading and retailing of oil products. When he
was found to have collected billions of Naira for
unsupplied fuel he ran to Aso Rock which
sheltered him from the consequence of looting
Nigeria.
#Leadership Jonathan style.....

The sons of Ahmadu Ali and co haven't even been mentioned.

Op, the question you should be asking is- what has happened to these people so far

1 Like

Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by Alutasenator: 4:08pm On May 27, 2015
GUNZnROSES:
goat,please are you expecting someone to like this trashy junk?.......
Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by GUNZnROSES(m): 4:12pm On May 27, 2015
Alutasenator:

goat,please are you expecting someone to like this trashy junk?.......

Idi0t. No wonder you allow a clueless goat to nosedive your standard of living. oloshi buruku

1 Like

Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 27, 2015
omenka:
Op, this is what should bother you:

#Leadership Jonathan style.....

The sons of Ahmadu Ali and co haven't even been mentioned.

Op, the question you should be asking is- what has happened to these people so far

you are not in any position to tell the op what should bother him.

of all the names you mentioned, who among them was charged by EFCC or did the EFCC say they were asked not to charge the names you singled out.

you are really funny.

use google to find out what the anti graft agency is doing and find out what is holding them from doing further, Jonathan will not do everything .

dont we have national assembly, if Jonathan is shielding anybody from prosecution what is the national assembly doing about it or GEJ stronger than the entire national assembly put together.

you are really a bigot.

1 Like

Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by likata: 5:00pm On May 27, 2015
RockMaxi:

with all your aclaimed educational knowledge, you still do not make sense.there are some decisions you don't pamper.you just need to take the bold step.
Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by omenka(m): 5:02pm On May 27, 2015
aguiyi:

you are not in any position to tell the op what should bother him.

of all the names you mentioned, who among them was charged by EFCC or did the EFCC say they were asked not to charge the names you singled out.

you are really funny.

use google to find out what the anti graft agency is doing and find out what is holding them from doing further, Jonathan will not do everything .

dont we have national assembly, if Jonathan is shielding anybody from prosecution what is the national assembly doing about it or GEJ stronger than the entire national assembly put together.

you are really a bigot.
Let me ask you this question. Jonathan is a human being right?? And as a human being, he isn't perfect right?? Now, WHAT PROBLEM confronting Nigeria exactly can we BLAME jonathan for?? Just name a single one.
Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by lordkpovi: 5:04pm On May 27, 2015
RockMaxi:

[i]@OP, you need to go back to school or at best return all expenses paid on you till you were able to put these sentences together as a post.

[/i

So do you now have "attendant provision "now that you are calling for subsidy removal? As a people we must strive to be sincere and truthful in all our doings. These gross hypocrisy we are displaying would not make us progress in anyway as a country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by likata: 5:23pm On May 27, 2015
GUNZnROSES:

It is dvmb of you to come to conclusion that i protested against subsidy removal when you don't know me. Jonathan's policies are as clueless as he is. Economic managers like me have always buttressed the fact that subsidy removal is not the solution to the logjams in the oil sector. A total overhauling of NNPC and other capitalist gang would be a good start.
with your Economic expertise,enlighten me on why overhauling the NNPC has been a mission impossible for OBJ,Yaradua and GEJ
Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by likata: 5:28pm On May 27, 2015
lordkpovi:

So do you now have "attendant provision "now that you are calling for subsidy removal? As a people we must strive to be sincere and truthful in all our doings. These gross hypocrisy we are displaying would not make us progress in anyway as a country.
Don't mind him.there are still no provision on ground but everyone is demanding for subsidy removal.i know his type.
Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by likata: 5:34pm On May 27, 2015
aguiyi:

concentrate on the topic so the thread is not derailed.

am convinced the protest was sponsored in the section of the country by the oil marketers who are from that section.

go figure the rest yourself
that's my point.it was a sponsored protest and the whole country fell for it and now we are beginning to realise that GEJ was right.
Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by GUNZnROSES(m): 6:58pm On May 27, 2015
likata:

with your Economic expertise,enlighten me on why overhauling the NNPC has been a mission impossible for OBJ,Yaradua and GEJ

Dude, the problem with the oil industry is the downstream. You should ask your self. Are the refineries working to optimum capacity? The capitalist oil cabals like Sahara energy, Capital oil, etc are they adhering to the laid down rules for oil distribution to the final consumers?. Since you sound very intelligent, how can subsidy removal by GEJ remove Nigerians from this economic conundrum when refineries are not working. It has been a mission impossible for the aforementioned because of lack of political will.
Re: Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest by likata: 9:13pm On May 27, 2015
GUNZnROSES:

Dude, the problem with the oil industry is the downstream. You should ask your self. Are the refineries working to optimum capacity? The capitalist oil cabals like Sahara energy, Capital oil, etc are they adhering to the laid down rules for oil distribution to the final consumers?. Since you sound very intelligent, how can subsidy removal by GEJ remove Nigerians from this economic conundrum when refineries are not working. It has been a mission impossible for the aforementioned because of lack of political will.
bro,have you asked yourself why people burst gas pipelines?the gas is totally of no use to them.this same beneficiary of subsidy have more moles than real staff in our refineries to make sure nothing works no matter the money spent.but as long as the government stops paying them and ask individuals to bring in goods themselves to sell at regulated price,then our NNPC can work in it full potential and also be in contention.the monopoly of the cabal will be broken.

(1) (Reply)

How Ojukwu Was Humiliated / NASS Clerk Salisu Maikasuwa: Meet Man Who Crowned Senate President Bukola Saraki / What Do We Want Biafra To Look Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.