Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Comparing The Achievements Of President Gej & Former President Obj - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comparing The Achievements Of President Gej & Former President Obj (818 Views)

See What Formal President OBJ Says About GEJ. (screen Shot) / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures / Doyin Okupe Offers N1million To Anyone That Can List 10 Achievements Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparing The Achievements Of President Gej & Former President Obj by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 27, 2015
Thinking about beloved country Nigeria and what really has being the challenges of our presidents in this democratic era (1999-2015).
Majorly we have had two presidents in Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and Dr Goodluck Jonathan.
I came to a conclusion, which of course is my personal view.
Chief Olusegun obasanjo took Nigeria a step foward in taking us from the Nitel era to the Era of our Gsm Mobile phones, which is commendable but by 2007,the end of his tenure we had gone about 5 steps behind!
Dr Goodluck Jonathan came in, took us a step foward especially when he appointed The then power minister Barr. Barth Nnaji.
Unfortunately GEJ has ended up taking us not just steps backward but YEARS backwards.
God help the in coming government
Re: Comparing The Achievements Of President Gej & Former President Obj by Perryjackson(m): 5:23pm On May 27, 2015
I will comment after starting my generator
Re: Comparing The Achievements Of President Gej & Former President Obj by sheymoni(m): 7:13pm On May 27, 2015
In my street in 1999, there were only 3 houses who had generators, and those were the richest people on my street then. One is the father of a former governor, one has a filling station & third is a successful contractor. They hardly put on these generators because there was always light. In fact we don't know it's called generator, we used to call it plant. Fast forward to 2015, all the building on my street now have at least 2 set of generator. Just imagine the noise & air pollution a street of almost 80 houses are causing each time Nepa take light.

You be the judge

2 Likes

Re: Comparing The Achievements Of President Gej & Former President Obj by Soskid(m): 7:21pm On May 27, 2015
Useless Otuoke dunce
Re: Comparing The Achievements Of President Gej & Former President Obj by Flets: 7:26pm On May 27, 2015
Very childish analysis

You judge based on how many hours of light you have in your house I guess... Which is an illiterate way to do that.

How many more appliances have you purchased since 2007? Calculate the increase in power utilization in your street from 2007 first.

OBJ spent $16BN and when he left office we had capacity to generate 1200MW; GEJ spent much less while privatizing PHCN and we have capacity for generating over 4000MW. None of the both are outstanding but GEJ towers OBJ

Under OBJ, elections were mere formalities as results are available before the election day. GEJ handed over democracy to the people through the ballots even when he was vulnerable. That is why Nigerians actually think they now have a voice

Under OBJ, everything was under intense secrecy with massive corruption prevalent across board but he never signed the FOI bill. GEJ signed the bill in his first days in office and now everycorrupt act is blown with a magnifying glass because we all know

OBJ increased pump price of fuel every year and scarcity prevailed through out his tenure especially festive seasons. GEJ only attempted removal of subsidy which led to the only increase and of which we are all begging to remove today...... But for a good part of his five years, we had constant supply of fuel including festive periods. The only scarcity prevalent under GEJ are just in his last months and driven by the games being played by the marketers.

If not that Nigerians have short memories, the diff between GEJ and OBJ are worlds apart.
Re: Comparing The Achievements Of President Gej & Former President Obj by kosovo(m): 7:39pm On May 27, 2015
Chosen1984:
Thinking about beloved country Nigeria and what really has being the challenges of our presidents in this democratic era (1999-2015).
Majorly we have had two presidents in Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and Dr Goodluck Jonathan.
I came to a conclusion, which of course is my personal view.
Chief Olusegun obasanjo took Nigeria a step foward in taking us from the Nitel era to the Era of our Gsm Mobile phones, which is commendable but by 2007,the end of his tenure we had gone about 5 steps behind!
Dr Goodluck Jonathan came in, took us a step foward especially when he appointed The then power minister Barr. Barth Nnaji.
Unfortunately GEJ has ended up taking us not just steps backward but YEARS backwards.
God help the in coming government

If GSM that came with heavy licence fee to the Nigeria government is OBJ's achievement then you are more foolish than you think!

(1) (Reply)

Watch Presidential Swearing In Live Online On Any Device / Wike Reinstates Sacked Lecturers, Appoints Chief Judge / Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.