Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? (2855 Views)

Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? / DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership / Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by Sweetguy25: 8:02pm On May 27, 2015
Some Nigerian states have no business being the way they currently are if you take to account the enormous human, material or natural potentials they have been blessed with. These states should have been the envy of many Nigerian states and lead the way in their respective geopolitical zones in terms of economic and development and prosperity.

The three states that resonates in my mind are Abia State, Bayelsa State and Kogi State. These three states have no business being in the sorry state and mess they find themselves in if not for the terrible quality of leadership they have been receiving since our return to democracy in 1999.

Abia state: This state, especially its commercial capital Aba was the industrial hub of the eastern region. The level of industrial and economic productivity in Aba was unmatched in the eastern region. Aba was home to numerous industries and industrialists at all levels.
All the state needed was a leader to galvanize and harmonize this productivity to foster economic prosperity. However, the state has been on a steady decline since 1999 due to disastrous leadership offered by its elected governors. Industrial productivity has declined because various industries have shut down. Insecurity has been a constant menace the state has to contend with. Also, the disgusting level of environmental degradation in Aba is a major health concern on its populace.
Abia was a state that was meant to feed the eastern region with locally made consumer goods but its a sorry state today due to bad leadership.

Bayelsa State: As at 1999, Bayelsa was a like a virgin land - barely untouched. With just eight local governments, a population of less than two million and annual allocations over a hundred billion, Bayelsa as a state has no reason whatsoever to have a poverty rate of more than 5 percent. Bayelsa state was meant to be the jewel of the Niger Delta. The state has the capacity to meet and supply the aquaculture, energy and tourism needs of the south south and south east. But a cursory look at the current state of Bayelsa state evokes pity and tears.
- A state that is completely surrounded by water has no potable water supply (Bayelsa state is 40 percent water)
- The capital yenagoa is not befitting of a state capital- it lacks planning, poor road network, poor transport system, poor infrastructure
- Poverty rate in Bayelsa is one of the highest in the South South
- No industrialization and productivity
- High levels of corruption
The administration of DSP Alams and GeJ failed disastrously in laying a solid foundation for subsequent governors. The subsequent governors carried on with the failures of their predecessors and Bayelsa is now in a sorry state. We are still hoping for the best anyways.

Kogi State: I don't even know where to start with Kogi state. Somebody should help me. grin

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by podosci(m): 8:10pm On May 27, 2015
I was about about to exit this post because it lacks authenticity without the mention of Kogi state but thank God I found Kogi state at the bottom.
Kogi state is the worst state in Nigeria in terms of infrastructural, Economic, human development, infact I ranks at bottom of any sought of development...The poverty rate in this state is ripe and the state capital looks more like a zoo with different wild animals in the form of humans moving about...
This state seriously need to start holding their leaders responsible and shelve their ethnic and religious bigotry
In my ranking Kogi state is the worst state in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by jamex93(m): 8:11pm On May 27, 2015
Kaduna

na only God dey help us
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by MrScript(m): 8:14pm On May 27, 2015
Benue state... SusSWINE s a curse 2 Benue

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by eyeview: 8:22pm On May 27, 2015
SW: Osun state, Oyo
SE: Abia
Then there are countless unfortunates states in the North east and North west that have been saddled with poor leadership with little or nothing to show the presence of any form of government but somehow their people aren't complaining.
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by bettercreature(m): 8:32pm On May 27, 2015
eyeview:
SW: Osun state, Oyo
SE: Abia
Then there are countless unfortunates states in the North east and North west that have been saddled with poor leadership with little or nothing to show the presence of any form of government but somehow their people aren't complaining.
Dont say what you don't know Aregbe and Ajimobi are performing well
just dont understand why Osun with 34 local government is getting the lowest allocation in Nigeria,i cant wait to see what GMB will do about this issue

3 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 27, 2015
My Bayelsa! !!! Leadership problem! !!!!
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by missKiffy(f): 8:35pm On May 27, 2015
Abia
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 27, 2015
rivers state. the other governors mentioned are curse to their state but Amaechi is a curse to and cursed by two regions - ss/se

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by Sweetguy25: 8:47pm On May 27, 2015
jamex93:
Kaduna

na only God dey help us

Kaduna state is fairly developed. It doesn't merit being included.
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by chinchum(m): 8:48pm On May 27, 2015
My definition of a failed state is one whose IGR can not service her recurrent expenditure , or at worst the one whose IGR can not pay civil servants salaries. Only Lagos state pass the test of a failed state.

The topmost goal of a governor within 4 years should be how to pass that test.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by Sweetguy25: 8:49pm On May 27, 2015
podosci:
I was about about to exit this post because it lacks authenticity without the mention of Kogi state but thank God I found Kogi state at the bottom.
Kogi state is the worst state in Nigeria in terms of infrastructural, Economic, human development, infact I ranks at bottom of any sought of development...The poverty rate in this state is ripe and the state capital looks more like a zoo with different wild animals in the form of humans moving about...
This state seriously need to start holding their leaders responsible and shelve their ethnic and religious bigotry
In my ranking Kogi state is the worst state in Nigeria.

I feel very sad about Kogi state. Kogi and Bayelsa are poster states for bad leadership. Both states boasts of numerous mineral and natural resources but with nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by Sweetguy25: 8:50pm On May 27, 2015
MrScript:
Benue state... SusSWINE s a curse 2 Benue

Although Benue state is cursed with bad leaders, it does not have an economic potential like the other states I've mentioned.
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by jamex93(m): 8:54pm On May 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Kaduna state is fairly developed. It doesn't merit being included.

who tell u?
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by kodded(m): 8:58pm On May 27, 2015
bettercreature:
just dont understand why Osun with 34 local government is getting the lowest allocation in Nigeria,i cant wait to see what GMB will do about this issue
shot your mouth osun state is 18th and not the last
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by Warldbest(m): 9:08pm On May 27, 2015
Ebonyi state na minus one for south east, poorly developed
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by Habakus: 9:08pm On May 27, 2015
Abia state it is... Abia needs urgent intervention. Sometimes i allow myself to wish Akpabio would take over in Abia. Truly,a people deserve the kind of leadership they get.
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by Eshinwaju: 9:08pm On May 27, 2015
Ebonyi......Enugu......abia.....anambra........ grin
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by bettercreature(m): 9:16pm On May 27, 2015
kodded:
shot your mouth oyo state is 18th and not the last
Sense is very far from you,did i mention oyo state allocation?
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by kodded(m): 9:17pm On May 27, 2015
bettercreature:
Sense is very far from you,did i mention oyo state allocation?
I meant osun

Fowl head angry
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by bettercreature(m): 9:18pm On May 27, 2015
kodded:
I meant osun

Fowl head angry
Go and confirm it dickhead
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by kodded(m): 9:19pm On May 27, 2015
bettercreature:
Go and confirm it dickhead
google it or check punch of yesterday

Eczema undecided
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by oduastates: 9:21pm On May 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Although Benue state is cursed with bad leaders, it does not have an economic potential like the other states I've mentioned.

This is one of the most ignorant statement I've heard in my life.
Benue is potentially one of the richest states in nigeria.
A state with enough capacity to supply close to one third of the rice consumed in Nigeria. Countries like Thailand developed on rice as the major export.
A state with natural resources like coal, iron ore, uranium,limestone etc.In the hands of the right person, places like kastina -ala with the beautiful river benue banks, would have been sorted with hotels and resorts.
Then we go to irrigation and year round farming
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by beetruth: 9:25pm On May 27, 2015
Osun state. Having the lowest allocation is not an excuse for the ill predicaments be falling the hard-working people of the state it is pure curse of a bad administrator. Cut your coat they say according to your size and also never bite more than you can chew.
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by oduastates: 9:28pm On May 27, 2015
beetruth:
Osun state. Having the lowest allocation is not an excuse for the ill predicaments be falling the hard-working people of the state it is pure curse of a bad administrator. Cut your coat they say according to your size and also never bite more than you can chew.

And not educate pupils.
Osun state is not in anyway a poor state. In fact, osun state is one of the most populous states if a credible count is done.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by worthytalk: 9:30pm On May 27, 2015
I don't know about the zoo but in Biafra it is Abia State.
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by Sweetguy25: 9:38pm On May 27, 2015
oduastates:

This is one of the most ignorant statement I've heard in my life.
Benue is potentially one of the richest states in nigeria.
A state with enough capacity to supply close to one third of the rice consumed in Nigeria. Countries like Thailand developed on rice as the major export.
A state with natural resources like coal, iron ore, uranium,limestone etc.In the hands of the right person, places like kastina -ala with the beautiful river benue banks, would have been sorted with hotels and resorts.
Then we go to irrigation and year round farming

Benue is not the only state with agricultural potential in the north. Kogi has more natural resources (rare earth elements and precious metals than Benue)
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by omenka(m): 9:47pm On May 27, 2015
"Cursed" is a very strong word.
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by Hardaysheenar(m): 9:58pm On May 27, 2015
bettercreature:
....wat will GMB do?....is buhari a God or an Angel?...is Buhari responsible for their problem?...who asked them to fail to plan?...and wat is federal govt aving back as internal revenue from Osun state?...do they av any good things they are contributing?...now...Osun is in serious debt and workers are being owned their salaries for 7 months now....shey na buhari go pay dt?...and ao will he deliver as a president if he embarks on d journey of paying debts of states?
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by gwales: 10:39pm On May 27, 2015
This list is incomplete without including yobe.
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by cjrane: 10:44pm On May 27, 2015
Nigeria is cursed by bad leadership and tribalistic followers that encourage the bad leaders.
Re: Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? by don33310(m): 10:49pm On May 27, 2015
Delta oooooooooooOO

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo : See What Obama Called Buhari During Their Meeting Today / Any Agitation For "Federal Republic Of Niger-delta" / Secret Burial Of 105 Soldiers Killed Bh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.