Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! (77207 Views)

India Vs Nigeria: 99-1 / Football Match INDIA VS NIGERIA: 99-1 ? / INDIA Vs NIGERIA 99-1 Abeg, Who Watch Am? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by kazeem4t(m): 9:31am On Feb 15, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

what a funny story
dayokanu:

See all these small pikin dey talk say elders dey lie.

Its true. I saw the game live. The scores was 99-1 It was Odegbami who scored for Nigeria.

The ball turned into a stone and he kicked it notwithstanding.

The balls were turning into lions and our keeper best Ogedengbe avoided the ball. That was the reason India was banned from football cool cool cool cool cool cool

Another story was the Thunder Balogun story:

Thunder Balogun had incision on his left leg so they warned him not to take shots with his left leg.

There was a bet between Thunder Balogun and a great keeper. That in 5 penalties thunder would not score any.

He took 4 and the keeper caught all the "Penariti" when he wanted to take the last one

A woman just screamed "Thunder Balogun remember your left leg" Thunder Balogun fired with his left leg.

The shot was so hard that the keeper tried to stop it but it went through the keepers tummy and came out

from the back killing the keeper instantly. I WAS THERE ON THIS OCCASION TOO. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

The funny thing is this story still lingers till today. My younger brother was told the story too in school like 10 years ago and he told his friends he did not believe because I never told him about it. They all shouted on him and he came home to ask me.

I also heard Indians dont wear shoes that was why they were not allowed to play football because FIFA would not allow them to play barefooted.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by SamMilla1(m): 10:14am On Feb 15, 2009
na wah oh, that sef, and India was banned afterwards,

the funny part of it is that i used to tell my mum this story as if i was there.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by toosoon(m): 10:22am On Feb 15, 2009
The only reason any football result will end up 99-1 in just 90 mins, if 2 players are playing against 11 players, who knows it might be handball.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 15, 2009
We all heared the gist.
Even those outside the continent still managed to hear it.
I wonder how all these gist spread sef
Good old days, when life was simple and innocent and Africans were naive. cheesy
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by regaltopax(m): 10:33am On Feb 15, 2009
Just wondering been trying to locate the clip on YOU-TUBE, cant find it, also heard the story when i was young, anyone has it? undecided
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by dnex(m): 10:44am On Feb 15, 2009
People, please stop this. If this match ever too place, FIFA would have records of it.

The worst football scores ever gotten at a FIFA level are:

Australia 22–0 Tonga

Australia 32–0 American Samoa

Abeg, me sef hear the Nigerian-Indian lie when i be small pickin all the way for Kano. Absolute fallacy.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 15, 2009
@dayokanu "thunder balogun use your left leg"

Bruh, you made my day with that statement. E don tey wey i hear that statement.
I was also there you know.
Thunder bet with his brother, the best nigerian goal keeper at the time, that he could score a penariti against him
As thunder was about to take the penariti,, his wife just screamed "thunder balogun use your left leg"
Na im thunder use left leg shoot the ball, the goal keeper tried to parry it but the ball went through his stomach. grin

If only we had access to the world wide web and GOOGLE back then, none of these stories would have lasted a single hour.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by SamMilla1(m): 11:14am On Feb 15, 2009
even Emmanuel okala, the best goalkeeper then as i heard. wey tall pass the goal post. na only one goal he conceded throughout his career as a goal keeper.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Remii(m): 11:38am On Feb 15, 2009
Na true, I watch am. It was the same day Molete  salenji Orita  smiley smiley
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Toppiano(m): 11:54am On Feb 15, 2009
A-40 Thunder fire your laptop for claiming to watch the match. grin It is a lie everykid cannot afford not to hear, especially if u went to public primary school in the village for that matter. The story is nothing but a lie. About eight years ago, I wanted to find out if its true. I sent a mail to Segun Odegbami who was said to score the only Nigeria goal in that match. He confirmed Nigeria never played any match with India, and he never played against India in his career.
So to all nairalander, its fun hearing this kind of story. I think it is comic relief. Afterall unborn kids will still hear the story and tell their grandchildren grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Remii(m): 12:10pm On Feb 15, 2009
Toppiano:

A-40 Thunder fire your laptop for claiming to watch the match. grin It is a lie everykid cannot afford not to hear, especially if u went to public primary school in the village for that matter. The story is nothing but a lie. About eight years ago, I wanted to find out if its true. I sent a mail to Segun Odegbami who was said to score the only Nigeria goal in that match. He confirmed Nigeria never played any match with India, and he never played against India in his career.
So to all nairalander, its fun hearing this kind of story. I think it is comic relief. Afterall unborn kids will still hear the story and tell their grandchildren grin

Snake go enter you lap for cursing me. I say I watch am,  you say I no watch am,  maybe na for my dream you know? If you like telephone Amitab Bachan, Dhamendra or Hema Malini na your toro. I just dey add to the fun. Did you not hear also that Indians were banned from world cup because they made goal keepers see lions instead of football, that was why they scored 100 goals since goalkeeper go don run comot for post. So my friend try to soji all na to spies up the joke, Did you not note the Molete salenji Orita portion to know I was only joking and no dey just curse any how You hear
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Bbeee: 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2009
hmmmm
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Toppiano(m): 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2009
Anybody wey no hear the story wen Im dey small na liar unless he no dey naija. You will hear lots more if u go skul for ghetto(Village). Unborn generation go hear the thing and still tell their grandchildren. The story is a lie, prove it by sending a mail to segunodegbami@hotmail.com. I sent a mail to him about 7 years ago to confirm, because I learnt he scored the only Nigeria goal in that match. He confirmed its all rumour because Nigeria never played india in any match. Infact india dont play soccer because fifa dont allow them to play without boot. cheesy wink smiley cheesy It is a comic rilif
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Ibime(m): 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2009
So all of una hear the tory too?

To this day, this is why India is banned from footie.  grin grin grin

Dayo, my version of Thunder Balogun story tells me that Balogun's brother was the goalkeeper. Balogun fired a hard shot that hit his brother in the belly, killing him. From then on, Thunder Balogun was banned from using his left foot by FIFA.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Toppiano(m): 1:04pm On Feb 15, 2009
REMII, If na push I go push comot 4 dis tred.  coolI dey feel you die. I no want curse u but remember today na sunday u no suppoise dey lie. U are reall making my day for me Abeg how I go fit post topic or e get special tin to do to post tred.  grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Balogun(m): 1:21pm On Feb 15, 2009
May I point out to most of you the story could be true!! I see gasps from everyone there. During the British rule in Nigeria, the Indian nation had already got their independence and some Indians would have been working in Nigeria. The Indians collected 11 players and Nigeria had 11 players. They played a game of cricket!!!! At close of play India were 99-1. That is 99 for the loss of 1 wicket. I could see how the ignorant press at the time would have put in the papers 99-1 to India. Most stories have easy explanations. End of thread.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Grizzly(m): 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2009
Make una take time o,
How una go dey discredit this story when na me be the keeper, angry

when dem shoot shot, i go see things wey dey like tevez grin
i no go run?? tongue
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Remii(m): 1:38pm On Feb 15, 2009
Toppiano:

REMII, If na push I go push comot 4 dis tred.  coolI dey feel you die. I no want curse u but remember today na sunday u no suppoise dey lie. U are reall making my day for me Abeg how I go fit post topic or e get special tin to do to post tred.  grin

Toppiano, Check this link for guide:

https://www.nairaland.com/Themes/default/help/posting.english.html#newtopic
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Muza(m): 1:39pm On Feb 15, 2009
I grew up in Kaduna,and i also heard of the phantom match where India flogged Nigeria 99 and said if Nigeria can score 1 goal they hav won.
During the play,the Nigerian players see the ball as diff wild animals.Lukily Nigeria got a penalty,then the player that played the penalty untied one of his shoes and when the keeper went for the shoe thinking it was the ball,he scored.Then it was 99-1.Then i heard it was because of that match that India was banned from football.And i forogt to tell u that the Indian keeper was blind.

This story is a popular story among pri sch kids.When it is told by the children pay rapt attention and ask questions.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 15, 2009
Na Lie jare. . . I heard the story too! tongue Omo lies don dey exist even before Jesus come o! grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by RiffRaff: 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2009
my grand father played in that match. he scored the only goal. grin

you know, i had this uncle that will swear on my grandfathers grave that story was true. i use to believe it myself until i grew up to find out it was all FABU.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by benlay(m): 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2009
lol, man, nairaland never allow me to be far from home,
the story we all said when we were young, cheesy smiley
really funny
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by sniperwolf(m): 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2009
I heard our only goal was scored with one of our player let go his boot and the goalie went for it thinking it was the ball. Leaving him an opportunity to score
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by SamMilla1(m): 3:01pm On Feb 15, 2009
I even heard india dey 22 for field,

11 in the air and another 11 on the ground.

This our elders go take time grin grin.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Image123(m): 3:09pm On Feb 15, 2009
I have clips of the match with me.Its in my head so come and get it
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by toffee2lov: 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2009
Na waooooooooooooo wonder shall never end, so this story is so popular like this i heard it also when i was young and the elderly one also confirm it. one thing i believe is that in every rumour there must be an element of truth, Indian na juju master very good in talisman omo you go fear fear,  cool cool cool cool better believe now becos so the story will till thy kindom come grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by kamalydeen(m): 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2009
cheesy when i was young i heard about this story, @ secondary school also i heard that but the scores every body said id 99-1 i donut hard about 75-1 grin grin grin grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by cvibe: 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2009
I think i might be able to locate one of the Indian players of that match.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by naijaking1: 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2009
cvibe:

I think i might be able to locate one of the Indian players of that match.

Keep the myth alive, don't locate the Indian player grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Jarus(m): 5:36pm On Feb 15, 2009
It is obvious that the story is fabricated. But how this fabrication became 'national' and 'generational' is what is amazing. From Kaduna to Enugu to Kwara to Lagos to even the remotest part of the country, there has not been anybody here that has so far said he didn't hera about it.

Whoever formulated that story deserves a place in Guinness World Records
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by cvibe: 6:15pm On Feb 15, 2009
Naijaking,
For where! Heard the same tale like everyone else.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by yoshimitsu(m): 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2009
Surprisingly, I was also told this as a young boy by my uncle. But the two countries included were Ethiopia and India. They say that that is why thy were suspended from FIFA for some time. I dont believe it, its just im surprised this was also told to someone else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Chad:AFCON Qualifier (2 - 0) On 13th June 2015 / Let's Make 10k/100k With #500/5k Within 10 Days With Sport Betting / Nigerian Footballer Akeem Omolade Found Dead In His Car In Italy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.